Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 8:25 PM

Default Semper FI gun shop AKA Blueline ammo

I have to say me and my dad have done a crap load of business with Island view enterprises and they are good people. Despite a lot of inconveniences with a few transactions they did there best to fix it and they did. BUT The other day when we walked into Semper FI gun shop AKA Blueline ammo for the first time It was a great experience. Everyone was polite and eager to please. Also Rob the owner is a character and a great guy just to speak to about firearms and other gun-related questions. They were helpful and listened to everything we said and wanted to have done. All in all they have great customer service and excellent deals (Better then Island view) and they have gained new customers and that's where we will be doing our transactions now. I personally recommend this store to anyone especially Island view customers.
Old 09-30-2013, 8:59 PM
Stoopid American Redneck™
CGN Contributor

There are only 3 drawbacks to these folks I can find:

1) Hours. They are open approximately whenever Rob feels like it, or so it seems.

2) Space. Small office, always feels cramped.

3) No range. Can't have everything.

"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
There are only 3 drawbacks to these folks I can find:

1) Hours. They are open approximately whenever Rob feels like it, or so it seems.

2) Space. Small office, always feels cramped.

3) No range. Can't have everything.

#1. This is a "side business" for Rob. He has a full time job, as do his employees... But hours are certainly a draw back. I'm usually out and about earlier in the day, but I finish off the day at Blueline.

#2. Smaller space = cheaper rent = lower prices (as does being open less hours)... I do miss the days of his warehouse though. I was there 2-3 times a week it seems.

#3. Range? As in shooting range? Only two gun shops in the county have a shooting range... I would venture to guess that 99% of the gun shops in this county do not accompany a range... However, one of the exceptions happens to be just down the street from Blueline/SemperFi, it's called Island View.

All that said, once you get used to the new shop, you'll learn to love it. They're 1 of maybe 3 shops in the entire county that carry reloading supplies and likewise carry parts for the AR-15 platform...

By parts, I don't mean the usual stuff everyone shop has... I mean the pins, springs and other small but crucial parts for building your rifle and assembling spare/repair parts kits. I hate paying $10+ to ship a spring or pin or some other small ~$3 part.
Old 10-01-2013, 7:07 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
#1. This is a "side business" for Rob. He has a full time job, as do his employees... But hours are certainly a draw back. I'm usually out and about earlier in the day, but I finish off the day at Blueline.

#2. Smaller space = cheaper rent = lower prices (as does being open less hours)... I do miss the days of his warehouse though. I was there 2-3 times a week it seems.

#3. Range? As in shooting range? Only two gun shops in the county have a shooting range... I would venture to guess that 99% of the gun shops in this county do not accompany a range... However, one of the exceptions happens to be just down the street from Blueline/SemperFi, it's called Island View.

All that said, once you get used to the new shop, you'll learn to love it. They're 1 of maybe 3 shops in the entire county that carry reloading supplies and likewise carry parts for the AR-15 platform...

By parts, I don't mean the usual stuff everyone shop has... I mean the pins, springs and other small but crucial parts for building your rifle and assembling spare/repair parts kits. I hate paying $10+ to ship a spring or pin or some other small ~$3 part.
I know. I stop by there fairly often, it's directly on my way home from work (which is usually when they are open). Just 3 drawbacks that I see, none of which are stopping me from spending money there...

"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015
Old 10-01-2013, 4:31 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I support both shops. Island View is a very good retailer, I have bought three guns from them and have done a PPT there, I have a membership and shoot there.

Semper Fi is good too, I just picked 5k of LRPs from Rob, was a good deal. I like both places and I like to spread the love around. Have also bought some guns from EBRWorks too this year.

I like to try to support all of our local shops, other than Shooters Paradise, they are not good retailers, they treat their customers badly.

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading
Old 10-01-2013, 8:12 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed with Capy. The only gun shop I will not visit or do business with is Shooters. Otherwise I do my best to support all local gun shops. Without our business, they would not exist and our 2a rights would be that much more diminished.

I find that shop A is better for this and shop B is better for that. Sometimes more than one shop is good for something specific. It's impossible for one shop to cover everything and be the best.
Old 10-01-2013, 9:14 PM
CGN Contributor

I think we cal all agree that Shooters Paradise is the bottom of the barrel in Ventura County.....

Old 10-02-2013, 1:43 PM

Agreed.
Old 10-02-2013, 9:46 PM
Veteran Member

where is this shop located?

BNIB M40 Gas Mask (medium)
Old 10-07-2013, 6:57 PM

Blueline ammo is at 5755 Valentine Road in Ventura. less then a minute from island view.
Old 10-10-2013, 8:43 PM

See address above. It's in the white business building right next to Salzer's. Same driveway. Go in lobby, up elevator to 2nd floor, exit right, first door on left.
This is the best shop around, hands down. Customer service is outstanding and these guys will do whatever to satisfy. They have maintained very fair pricing on their inventory. They get regular restock on reloading supplies and ammo. If you want something they don't have, they'll get it for you if they can.
Their hours are pretty regular; 4-6pm Mon-Fri and 9-4 Sat. Sometimes, they'll get in and open early. I don't see any drawbacks (IMO).
I can't say enough good things about this shop.
Old 10-10-2013, 9:23 PM

I fully agree. The guys at shooters always treat you like your dumb for not having the exact knowledge they have. MANY times i have been there when they are talking about other shops where the employees have this very same attitude. you know the type, the guy who acts like your wasting his time asking certain questions about guns. they do this more than the other shops i have experienced them talking about. sometimes i feel like saying oh my bad im sorry i asked you a dumb question about that gun, its not like your standing behind a glass counter in a gun shop displaying guns for sale that customers might want to ask about. oh wait... sorry, you are. anyway if anyone has any advice about where to go in the ventura county area that is good service and not too high in price. rare i know. hah. On Another Note... one shop in the area that i do recommend to go to is smokin barrel in simi next to the green acres bbq and grocery spot. i think they have been there just over a year. used to be either a bow shop or airsoft i forget. they have plenty of high end rifles. in fact that's the only down side to this shop. they seem to carry all of the highest quality companys like lwrc lmt and others which usually have the high prices. the guys are awesome to speak with though they'll tell you anything you wanna know they never act like their time is being wasted talking about guns and answering questions because that is their job and their passion. sometimes i think some other shops are requiring their staff to hate gun owners. not talking about any of these recommended shops in this thread i have not had the pleasure of checking them out. but i think smokin barrel is worth checking out. theyre always acquiring more product. good selection of nice 1911s and other pistols. definitely a place to be if your looking for high end AR style rifles. also have a good selection of mags especially the 10/30 or 10/20 PMAGS in all colors. they have the windowed and non windowed. any way its a solid shop. if anyone can recommend a place to get a nice 18 inch complete upper locally that wont break the bank i would appreciate it. preferably with a quad rail included with the complete upper.
thanks