Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 01-18-2008, 2:45 PM

Default Thoughts on Vector Optics

I purchased a Vector rifle scope from the Cal Expo show a few weeks ago and mounted it on my AR. I have only shot it once, but so far so good. I ended up with the 6-25x56. The scope comes a lot of nice options, first focal plane for the mil-dots, illuminated recticle (two different colors), and glass seems to be nice and clear. The only problem that I can see is the overall size of the scope, it's huge. Also just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to use this product and your thoughts. I'll try to post pictures soon.
Old 01-18-2008, 3:50 PM
Veteran Member

There have been some posts on the Vector 1-4x over at arfcom's optics forum, and some people think they're the same as the fabled Counter Sniper scope. They've had decent reviews so far, but nobody's got a lot of range time on them yet.

If you go there and search on Vector, you'll find 3 threads.

NRA Life Member
Old 01-28-2008, 3:51 PM

Default Thoughts on vector optics 6-25 power

I have also purchased a vectory scope last week. I also put it on my AR-15 with a target barrel. So far i like the vector scope the two optional illuminated recticles are great for low light visibility and i also feel that the glass is excetionally clear. I would compare it with leopold and nikon. The scope is a bit large when i comes to the actual size of it when its on my AR. My only set back would be the flip up lenz covers because they don't seem to be removable. When i put on my sunshade i still had the front lenz cover behind it.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

The company is called Shanghai Sunclear Vector Optics, located in guess where? http://www.scvector.biz/english/
I wonder how the handle warranty issues.

HighPowerOptics - Sports optics, scope services, rifle scope installation tool kits for rent
Old 01-30-2008, 3:14 PM

Sounds like warranty to original ownership only.
What did you paid for your scopes? Don't want shipping to Shanghai be more than the price of the scope.

Counter Sniper scopes claimed to be made here.
Old 01-30-2008, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike452 View Post
Sounds like warranty to original ownership only.
What did you paid for your scopes? Don't want shipping to Shanghai be more than the price of the scope.

Sunclear sells on Ebay... Shipping is about $18 - $25.

If you are going to the SHOT Show, you can ask them what they offer in warranty... I might go find them and ask also... Booth# 25090 in Law Enforcement Section.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike452 View Post
I've never seen this documented, either on their web site or on the scope boxes or scopes. They said something in an email posted over at arfcom that implied Made In USA, but it didn't actually say it.

The odds that a scope with their specs and features at their price point is made in the USA are very slim indeed, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

NRA Life Member
Old 02-03-2008, 7:06 PM

Just got back from Vegas and visited their booth in the Gold Hall at the convention... They were set up right next to EDM Arms and a few of their Cal-legal rifles so I was a bit distracted, but I did get a few good looks through their scopes and a red dot scope.

The image from all of their scopes had some purple-bluish tint around objects, and I saw one where the recticle was actually a bit off center. The red dot scope had a good bright red dot, but the rows of lights in the hall were reflecting oddly on the glass so you would see several more rows of lights within the scope itself. There was another gentleman there making a deal with the guys from Vector so I did not get a chance to ask about warranty repair...

There were quite a few other Chinese and Japanese scope manufacturers present at the show, both large and small, and the few Japanese makers had some nice offerings, albeit copies of current US designs, but did have some other scopes that are "original"? Or at least I've not seen designs like them before. After visiting US Optics, Night Force, Leupold, IOR Valdata, and S&B, I was spoiled...

Great show this year!
Old 02-03-2008, 9:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicon View Post
I've never seen this documented, either on their web site or on the scope boxes or scopes. They said something in an email posted over at arfcom that implied Made In USA, but it didn't actually say it.

The odds that a scope with their specs and features at their price point is made in the USA are very slim indeed, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong.
Yeah, the scope has U.S. Government Property markings, which would imply that it was made in US. The ones for sale were allegedly overruns.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
Yeah, the scope has U.S. Government Property markings, which would imply that it was made in US. The ones for sale were allegedly overruns.
I was at the SHOT Show too. Based on this Counter Sniper's over-the-top marketing hype ("Bertrillium-Zantitium" coatings, "rare-earth/nitrogen gas" purge, etc.), I would not take anything they say regarding origin of manufacture too seriously. The fact is, some of the Counter Sniper scopes appeared to be nearly identical to scopes from both Vector Optics and Sightmark. Sometimes there were minor differences in turret knobs, sometimes not. Yet, the Vector Optics and Sightmark scopes are made in China. You draw your own conclusions...

Also, the story about Counter Sniper selling US Government contract overruns at discount prices is too far-fetched for me (if I sell one scope from a lot of 100 to someone in the government, does that mean the other 99 scopes in the lot are contract overruns? I don't think so.). Again, I suspect this line was hatched by some over-imaginative marketing folks. I'm somewhat surprised the Midway swallowed that line and put it in their flyer.

At least the Vector Optics and Sightmark are standup folks who talk straight about their products.

According to Vector Optics, if you have a warranty issue, you should talk to your dealer first. If they won't take it back, then contact the California office and send it there. This doesn't apply if you purchase the scope direct from China. In that case you must send it back to China.

Beware that most of the US companies selling Chinese products do not perform any quality control in the US. Return rates run 5-10%. Millet is an exception, because they run each scope through a shock and vibration test. They incur additional cost in doing this, which is reflected in their slightly higher prices. There is no free lunch.

HighPowerOptics - Sports optics, scope services, rifle scope installation tool kits for rent

Last edited by bruce_ventura; 02-06-2008 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-18-2009, 8:52 AM
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor

Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_ventura View Post
I was at the SHOT Show too. Based on this Counter Sniper's over-the-top marketing hype ("Bertrillium-Zantitium" coatings, "rare-earth/nitrogen gas" purge, etc.), I would not take anything they say regarding origin of manufacture too seriously. The fact is, some of the Counter Sniper scopes appeared to be nearly identical to scopes from both Vector Optics and Sightmark. Sometimes there were minor differences in turret knobs, sometimes not. Yet, the Vector Optics and Sightmark scopes are made in China. You draw your own conclusions...

Also, the story about Counter Sniper selling US Government contract overruns at discount prices is too far-fetched for me (if I sell one scope from a lot of 100 to someone in the government, does that mean the other 99 scopes in the lot are contract overruns? I don't think so.). Again, I suspect this line was hatched by some over-imaginative marketing folks. I'm somewhat surprised the Midway swallowed that line and put it in their flyer.

At least the Vector Optics and Sightmark are standup folks who talk straight about their products.

According to Vector Optics, if you have a warranty issue, you should talk to your dealer first. If they won't take it back, then contact the California office and send it there. This doesn't apply if you purchase the scope direct from China. In that case you must send it back to China.

Beware that most of the US companies selling Chinese products do not perform any quality control in the US. Return rates run 5-10%. Millet is an exception, because they run each scope through a shock and vibration test. They incur additional cost in doing this, which is reflected in their slightly higher prices. There is no free lunch.
Where is their california office based out of? Is there a site where you can buy them from the US instead of going out to china to do it.
Old 08-15-2013, 9:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The company is called Shanghai Sunclear Vector Optics, located in guess where? http://www.scvector.biz/english/
I wonder how the handle warranty issues.
I can answer that, actually from personal experience. They sell faulty products, and they will not let you return them when they don't work. They sent me a faulty LPK, said they would send me a new hammer and disconnector to make up for it (which never came) and then refused to issue a refund. Sunclear, and Vector are low-lifes who take advantage of their customers. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

...and I get banned from OT for doing MUCH LESS than what they did?!?!?! Nice job "Mods"...
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM

Holy Rebirth batman!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Dark Ops Holdings - the parent company of Countersniper is often referred to on forums as Dork Ops

http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
Old 04-25-2014, 9:51 PM

They are knock offs of other brands.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2014, 10:08 PM

Scvector.com made them sound better, but they are probably a nrand you will take a chance on

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 7:49 AM
Veteran Member

Hmm...I'll steer clear of any riflescopes "made in China", since we have Leupold. If there's a problem, I know I can send it to Beaverton, OR and that they'll make it right.

The one exception: if you can get it for $10 to $20 and your intention is to put it on a .22LR, then sure, that'll work.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

Last edited by Cowboy T; 04-29-2014 at 7:52 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 PM

G//fcp ccc fcpt a 6-25 vector sfp scope from eBay and I'm sure it came from China. When I got the optic I mounted it on a 223 ar15 and the scope had a bluish tint to it as mentioned above and I couldn't get it to center so I emailed them and they gave me an address for a distributor in Colorado I believe and I sent the scope to them and received a new one in less than a week now that scope was clearer but the windage turret was pretty sloppy and it walked a little so I called them up and they said do you want a refund or another scope. I said I will take the refund and I sent the scope back and they refunded
dont know if that helps but the product was poor but for me the service was good
Old 05-28-2014, 8:14 AM

Default Thanks for info

I was searching around ebay for parts. I had found this company, after looking for freefloating hand guards. I had never heard of them. Based on what I read on their scopes, I think I will pass. thanks for the information.

Jay