Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-17-2018, 8:11 AM

Default Free GOA membership, bump stocks, and NRA compromises

Well, almost free...

Tim at the Military Arms Channel (MAC) on you tube currently has an offer for a 1 year free membership for Gun Owners of America (GOA) with any purchase from his gun shop website https://coppercustom.com/

The cheapest way to go is to buy the MAC patch he offers, and with shipping to Ca. the total will be about $9.00 You'll see the offer after you add the patch and look at your cart.

I've been a member of the NRA for quite some time now but videos from Hank Strange with Tim (MAC) on you tube have discussed how the NRA has compromised our second amendment rights away time after time. They discuss how the board of directors is overpaid, out of touch, and constantly fear mongering for political gain and to keep the dollars rolling in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkbscE8INj0

Also, the bump stock issue of the NRA saying he BATFE needs to look at them again is a big problem. (due to the Vegas BS) The BATFE has already ruled that they are legal and not a machine gun. If it is decided that they need to be reclassified as a machine gun where does it stop? Could this then include all other trigger devices as well or even a trigger job? Could it include my finger and the belt loops on my pants since a bump stock is not really even needed to bump fire?

My dues are up for renewal and i'm really having second thoughts about staying with the NRA now. I know they have done a lot of good, but the never ending compromise has taken it's toll in the long term for gun owners. GOA on the other hand is a no compromise organization, but doesn't have the clout that the NRA does (yet)....

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash the NRA but only seeking truth. At this point in my life and with the current political climate concerning firearms, I think any compromise is no longer acceptable. Actually, it never has been but I didn't realize how much was compromised until it was brought to my attention.

I've been thinking about this for the past few weeks and perhaps seeing some comments from other members might help clarify the issue some. I'm sure there's other NRA members here that are going to want to roast me for this post as well as some NRA haters that will think leaving the NRA is a good idea. Say what you will, just know I love guns as much as any of you and I will die before giving up my 2nd amendment rights.

If nothing else, maybe a few of you will get the GOA membership.
Old 02-17-2018, 8:38 AM

Why not support both the NRA & GOA, as well as the CRPA in California? I really can't understand why it has to be a dick measuring contest between who is the purest of thought with all of the groups. Essentially the cost for membership in these groups is equal to a magazine subscription. You don't have to be active in every group, but certainly strong paid membership numbers the groups can publish, and a bit of financial support helps all of us and the cause.

Some anti-gun groups love to tout they have hundreds of thousands of members, but all they really are is e mail addresses on a list. They don't have motivated, paying members and this is what differentiates our side vs theirs. They keep screaming about the power of the gun lobby but what they never state is the truth, that it is actual power is in the activated members willing to put their money where their mouths are.
Old 02-17-2018, 8:48 AM
Veteran Member

Tim at the Military Arms Channel (MAC) is slowly turning into a drama queen after he started hanging out with that theyankeemarshall turd. He bashes everything these days just to get views. I already unsubscribed to his channel.
Old 02-18-2018, 2:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_223 View Post
I've been a member of the NRA for quite some time now but videos from Hank Strange with Tim (MAC) on you tube have discussed how the NRA has compromised our second amendment rights away time after time.
So, what are the top five compromises?

— Michael
Old 02-18-2018, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
Why not support both the NRA & GOA, as well as the CRPA in California?
That's really a good point. Why not join many? Strength in numbers and each probably has different goal priorities to fight for. More money for the cause.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Old 02-18-2018, 11:07 AM

The fact that Gavin, Hillary and Bloomberg label the NRA as public enemy #1 should give you all the more reason to remain a member.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A lot of venom is getting hurled at the NRA. I will make sure to keep my membership current and throw some $ at CRPA while I am at it...

36 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A of treachery...
Old 02-19-2018, 4:43 AM
Proud Deplorable
CGN Contributor

Quote:

The bump stock issue of the NRA saying he BATFE needs to look at them again is a big problem. (due to the Vegas BS) The BATFE has already ruled that they are legal and not a machine gun. If it is decided that they need to be reclassified as a machine gun where does it stop? Could this then include all other trigger devices as well or even a trigger job? Could it include my finger and the belt loops on my pants since a bump stock is not really even needed to bump fire?
I agree with the NRA on the bumb stock issue. It makes them not look partisan, it shows that they are not some fringe group catering only to the far right, and it does what I pay them to do: PREVENT MORE GUN LEGISLATION. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about people who want to burn through a whole mag in 3 seconds, because they can loop their finger through a belt loop and bump fire. To call the NRA traitors to the cause because they are creating a safety net for the 2A is disingenuous at best. The alternative was Feinstein's bill, which was much much worse.
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 02-19-2018, 5:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I've been a member of the NRA for quite some time now but videos from Hank Strange with Tim (MAC) on you tube have discussed how the NRA has compromised our second amendment rights away time after time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
So, what are the top five compromises?
I’d like to hear all of them after a claim like “time after time.” But the top five would be a good start. Unless this is just more fake news, of course. Has a Russian blogger come up with a list yet to go along with this new social media narrative?

Old 02-19-2018, 8:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrap View Post
The fact that Gavin, Hillary and Bloomberg label the NRA as public enemy #1 should give you all the more reason to remain a member.
Yes
We are judged by the enemies we have as well as the friends.
Old 02-19-2018, 8:36 AM
Calguns Addict

GOA is basically the loony right bashing the NRA for not being loony enough.

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Everyone is competing for our hard-earned dollars, groups like GOA have to set themselves apart from the NRA somehow. But by taking a "no-compromise" approach, in my opinion, is just throwing your money away. I know we would all love to see the NFA disappear, but that wish is simply not rooted in reality. We can't even get national carry reciprocity through Congress, or the Hearing Protection Act, and we have the most Republican Congress since the 1920s. This is as conservative as we are going to get.

I like to keep the NRA focused on avoiding a semi-auto ban, since that is probably the greatest threat to gun owners. The NRA has done a great job since the early 1990s in turning public sentiment against the federal assault weapon ban. I would hate for the NRA to waste its political capital on issues where they simply are not going to sway public opinion. You will never get a majority of voters to agree that machine guns should be legal. The notion that the majority will rise with pitchforks and torches to demand this change is pure fantasy.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 02-19-2018, 7:22 PM

I strongly support the NRA. Far too many "2nd Amendment Purists" loudly proclaim a strident "no-compromise" message certain to backfire. When these "purists" stop supporting the NRA, the media will report declining NRA support. When they stop supporting the GOP because the GOP agrees to concessions including tighter back ground checks they dig the hole deeper. When they demand a "do nothing" stance they risk Democratic congressional control and no new judges. A 19 year old reported to the FBI for talking about school shooting just killed 17 people with an AR-15 he purchased legally and had the right to continue to possess because he had not ever been "convicted" of anything or adjudicated insane. That is a huge problem and it should not be allowed to happen again lest we all lose OUR rights. I hear "advocates" say pre-conviction or adjudication gun confiscation is a slippery slope. People can be hald without bail "pre-conviction." There are many situations in which our society can and must react to threats before the fact. I agree with the NRA: enforce existing laws. Since background checks are required they should at least serve to keep guns out of the hands of monsters.
Old 02-19-2018, 7:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
Why not support both the NRA & GOA, as well as the CRPA in California? I really can't understand why it has to be a dick measuring contest between who is the purest of thought with all of the groups. Essentially the cost for membership in these groups is equal to a magazine subscription. You don't have to be active in every group, but certainly strong paid membership numbers the groups can publish, and a bit of financial support helps all of us and the cause.

Some anti-gun groups love to tout they have hundreds of thousands of members, but all they really are is e mail addresses on a list. They don't have motivated, paying members and this is what differentiates our side vs theirs. They keep screaming about the power of the gun lobby but what they never state is the truth, that it is actual power is in the activated members willing to put their money where their mouths are.
Well said, and absolutely true.

I'm all for joining the other groups that make you feel good about something getting done. I'm a member of GOA as well. However, the NRA is the only real organization among them that actually gets things done, where the same can be said about the CRPA on our state level. To not be a part of the NRA while coughing up some lame, empty excuse about a niggling issue as to why not, is ridiculous and self-defeating, and more often than not such excuses are usually pitched by those who really aren't a member of any pro 2nd Amendment group in the first place.

The lie and carping about the NRA, just makes them feel good about their complacency and serves as a deferment of their worthlessness.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 02-19-2018 at 7:44 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 7:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The media forget that the NRA is 5 million volunteer citizens.

The pols know it after 1994.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
I agree with the NRA on the bumb stock issue. It makes them not look partisan, it shows that they are not some fringe group catering only to the far right, and it does what I pay them to do: PREVENT MORE GUN LEGISLATION. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about people who want to burn through a whole mag in 3 seconds, because they can loop their finger through a belt loop and bump fire. To call the NRA traitors to the cause because they are creating a safety net for the 2A is disingenuous at best. The alternative was Feinstein's bill, which was much much worse.
I agree. If you never compromise or negotiate, you don't get invited to the table when the real debates are happening behind closed doors, and, if you're not at the table, you're on the menu. The better analogy might be, however, that you sometimes need a controlled release to avoid the dam breaking, as I firmly believe there is a significant risk of the dam breaking on gun control legislation within the next 5 years if absolutely no compromises are made in the meantime. Current polling trends on gun control policies bear this out.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingCode3 View Post
Tim at the Military Arms Channel (MAC) is slowly turning into a drama queen after he started hanging out with that theyankeemarshall turd. He bashes everything these days just to get views. I already unsubscribed to his channel.

I didn't unsubscribe but he definitely becoming a drama queen and really getting on my nerves. I prefer channels that aren't too political. Mrgunsangear isn't too political and well spoken. Though he is kind of monotone.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
Well said, and absolutely true.

I'm all for joining the other groups that make you feel good about something
getting done. I'm a member of GOA as well.
However, the NRA is the only real organization among them that actually
gets things done, where the same can be said about the CRPA on our state
level
To not be a part of the NRA while coughing up some lame, empty excuse
about a niggling issue as to why not, is ridiculous and self-defeating, and
more often than not such excuses are usually pitched by those who really
aren't a member of any pro 2nd Amendment group in the first place.

The lie and carping about the NRA, just makes them feel good about their
complacency and serves as a deferment of their worthlessness.
Emphasis mine.

Yep.

If these Negative Nancy Types would quit standing on the sidelines and
join us in the fight, we might actually start to win back the ground taken
from us.

Do Nothing Gun Owners (DNGO) want to sit in the Rowboat and let
Everyone Else But Them Row, then complain that the Rowboat
isn't getting to shore fast enough...

Noble
Old 02-25-2018, 1:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuverza View Post
I didn't unsubscribe but he definitely becoming a drama queen and really getting on my nerves. I prefer channels that aren't too political. Mrgunsangear isn't too political and well spoken. Though he is kind of monotone.
Tim is a full time drama queen now. He is whining and b**ching about everything these days. He is blaming Trump and the Republicans because Youtube is shutting down gun channels. He is constantly attacking the NRA in his videos.