Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-15-2008, 8:28 PM

Default RPD kit and 80% reciever group buy interest?

I have posted a couple of threads aluding to doing an RPD build and have gotten a couple of PMs about doing it. THIS WILL NOT BE AN EASY BUILD!
You will need at least some milling ability and access to the equipment to do it. Even with these parts you will have to figure out how to make it semi-auto and the fire control group at a minnimum. Here is a thread on weaponeer with discussions and basics of it but there still are many issues that would need to be solved.
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum...?TID=1381&PN=1

We have a new member, Mike, the owner of Prexis out in AZ (I don't know his screen name, he just told me he joined).
http://www.prexis.com/Merchant2/merc...c?Store_Code=P
that does many "80% solutions" I contacted him through weaponeer.net and he has generously offered a big discount on a group buy of RPD recievers shown here
http://www.prexis.com/Merchant2/merc...ategory_Code=R

Additionally, if there is interest, I will look for a kit supplier that will do a break. Most places have them for $370-400, but SARCO is running an ad for 3 for $1095. If there is interest, I'll contact them.

So here is the kicker, to give us the biggest break from Prexis we need to go for 20 recievers, and pay upfront. Here is what Mike sent me:

RPD internally machined.............. Group Buy Price $245.00 each
RPD externally machined............. Group Buy Price $325.00 each

I would need a total of 20 (combined types) sold for this price.
Shipping would be free.
Delivery would be 10-12 business weeks after my receipt of payment.

I am going to try this build anyway, but if anyone wants to go in on the 3 kits with me and if a lot of you are interested in the recievers, roger up and I'll lead the charge. Based on past GBs, I think the best way would be money orders upfront paid to Prexis and the kit supplier. I'd keep them until all were in and send them out. If it busts, then I send them back and you cash 'em out at the PO or bank. Unless anyone else has a better idea, I don't want to actually touch your money.

If you are bored with AKs, and want to do something different than the run of the mill 1919, and have skill, tools and potentially about $800 to blow on a cool display gun, this might be a fun project. Besides, with all the smart guys on weaponeer, and those guys are really good, wouldn't it be cool if the CA guys could crack the nut and get a bunch of RPDs with MMG or something going?

BTW, we would still have to find an out of state guy, that would buy belts and cut them intop 10 rnd segments too, but that shouldn't be hard.

Just let me know if you're interested.
Old 01-15-2008, 8:57 PM

Tempting
My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnman20 View Post
What is a FEDUPWBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezil_boi View Post
( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents
Old 01-15-2008, 9:02 PM

"tempting" is good, I thought the first response would be, "you're nuts"
Old 01-16-2008, 5:24 AM

LOL.... I guess I should have given you my screen name... "jestism".

Here are some pictures and info on the RPD blanks.

Old 01-16-2008, 6:31 AM

Howdy Mike. Welcome to CA.
Old 01-16-2008, 7:33 AM

Talked with SARCO about the kits. They have a LOT of them and will be getting back on a GB price when the owner returns next week. He said they look basically brand new! If we can get to 20 recievers and 20 kits, we will be looking pretty. If not the 3 for $1095 is still decent. You're still looking at a fun project for around $700 plus however you do your FCG, SA conversion etc. If you are good in your shop you could be shooting beltfed 7.62x39 for well under a grand. He will also do some looking into possibly sending the drums and cutting the belts to 10rnds. More to follow.
Old 01-18-2008, 6:48 PM

Nobody is interested in this? Well Mike, I overestimated interest. I'll be in touch for my reciever. Thanks for joining. There are a lot of builders out here, just with the OLL thing being out only a few years, I think most folks are still stocking up on ARs and AKs. It is a BIG build and a chunk of change up front. Did you finish yours yet? That might create interest if there was a full build out there to drool over and judge if, "I could do that"
Old 01-19-2008, 5:18 AM

Not a problem... Cancel the group buy and we will try again later in the spring to see if there is more interest.

It will probably be sometime in Feb. before I have mine fully operational as I am spending the majority of my time making products.
Old 01-27-2008, 7:55 AM

Default RPD GB for kits and 80% receivers.

I see the population here is not real intrested in buying the Sarco RPD Polish kits and Jestism's 80% receiver. I for one want to do a build on one. If Sarco's kits are as nice as they say they are ( and they will actually deliver in a timely manner) count me in on the deal or I will just buy one from Sarco and the receiver from Jestism . Yes, I am new here, as I joined to see how the West coast lives with gunlaws and the RPD GB.
Old 02-05-2008, 4:49 PM

Here is an Auction being ran on weaponeer.net.
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6463

This is one of my "90%" CAD drawings for a "semi" RPD receiver. Why do I call it 90%... because I didn't put a diameter for the barrel (so you can decide how you want to install it) and I didn't put the info for the top cover latch (woodruff cut) and you will have to locate the hole for the top cover once you fit everything together.

Also there is no information on the charging handle since there are three different ways they can be done.

You are bidding on "one" copy of the drawing "For Your Personal Use Only" and with only the information it already has...

Starting bid is $25 donation to Weaponeer.net

Bidding ends at 6am on Sunday Morning (02/10/2008)
Old 05-16-2008, 4:14 PM

With the second buy going on for the 80% internally machined receivers, things seem to be looking up for building RPD Kits. I am in for my second blank to complete gun # 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestism View Post
Here is an Auction being ran on weaponeer.net.
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6463

This is one of my "90%" CAD drawings for a "semi" RPD receiver. Why do I call it 90%... because I didn't put a diameter for the barrel (so you can decide how you want to install it) and I didn't put the info for the top cover latch (woodruff cut) and you will have to locate the hole for the top cover once you fit everything together.

Also there is no information on the charging handle since there are three different ways they can be done.

You are bidding on "one" copy of the drawing "For Your Personal Use Only" and with only the information it already has...

Starting bid is $25 donation to Weaponeer.net

Bidding ends at 6am on Sunday Morning (02/10/2008)