Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Default Blumanthals

Hey All,

Just wanted to drop note on Blumanthals uniforms and equipment. I have checked out their website but was passing by their shop today and figured I would pop in to see what their shop is like in person. It's very busy place. Well stocked and they have a pretty big warehouse area from what I saw thru the open door. looked like a few people were busy shipping items out. Some nice prices on boots. I saw a Danner 6" boot for only $119 which I didn't see online. I would recommend them to someone looking for duty gear. Seem to know their stuff, have a good selection and were very friendly .

+1 for them.

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 09-18-2013, 9:31 PM

Cool place locally for 5.11 gear as well. I think they are a flagship store for 5.11 or something. I like being able to try something on before buying and this place fits the bill.

Last edited by SouperMan; 09-18-2013 at 9:33 PM..
Old 09-20-2013, 7:52 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah I browsed last week and they had some nice Danner's for $119. Sadly when I went back Thursday they didn't have them at all much less on sale. I take wide's and like a dumb a** I thought they would have plenty in stock when I went in to buy some.

I had to settle for some 5.11 8" ATAC side zips. Total was $107 out the door so they were competitive. I wanted to make sure they were full leather not the leather with some funky layer of crap on top of em that peals off after a while. I only had a couple of hours to break em in on Thursday so I threw some Dr. Scholls inserts in em and had no issues really all day. I was a little sore but I have been out of work for a year and a half so that's a big part of it.

I thought Blumenthal's was great I asked for some help and the lady was more than happy to search for polishable wide's for a guy with a bad back. Super friendly and pretty good price. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Sears did have some Bates on sale which I only found out after. I wish I would have gone in and looked at em first but I needed to buy em Thursday to stand post Friday. I' am working a double shift so I might pop on in the morning for an update on the feet.

George Orwell

Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 PM

They have a nice store, i was just in there a week ago. Lots of good stuff.
Old 11-01-2013, 9:58 AM
CGN Contributor

I have been buying from them for years. Good people.
Old 11-01-2013, 2:36 PM

Good people. Decent prices on some things...high on others. But overall a good place if you want something NOW. They outfit the cadets for the academy and can (and do) handle uniforms for all local LEOs.
Old 11-02-2013, 8:00 AM
Veteran Member

I concur with the above. I also purchased some gloves online that were too small. They allowed me to exchange them in store so win win. I like that they are open on Saturdays till like 1pm or something. Since I work weekdays ya know lol. Very helpful people and good selection. Probably not the greatest prices in the world compared to some online places but some items you just have to see or try on in person first or don't have to have stuff shipped.

George Orwell