Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Head Janitor

Default We've been hit HARD tonight.

Gun owners in California have taken a major shot tonight.
There is no two ways about it.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel betrayed, frustrated and angry.
I hate what these people are doing to my home and to the extended family of California gun owners, shooters, collectors and competitors.

But that was the point I believe.

We had everything but the kitchen sink thrown at us this year, a concerted effort to reach as far as they could to curtail our beliefs and remove our rights.

But there was more to it then that I think.
Every bit as much as these legislators wanted to strip us of our rights it is my belief that they also wanted to beat us down, break our will, to silence us by pushing us to the point of saying 'What's the use?'
To drive us to the point of giving up.

It's not enough to subjugate people, you have to make them accept subjugation so they do not fight back.
And that I think was a major reason for what we've seen this year.

I'm angry.
I've called, faxed, emailed every day.
I've made my voice heard if not listened to.
I'm frustrated that all the effort I've seen from the people on this forum and across the State has been completely ignored by those who are suppose to serve us.

Saying 'It's over, we're beaten' would be easy.

But dammit I WILL NOT QUIT!!!!!

I will fight these self serving bastards until these are vetoed and if that does not happen I will fight them in court and if that doesn't happen I will fight them at the ballot box and in elections!!!

I am on obstinate son of a *****.

I WILL NOT give them the satisfaction of saying 'We beat him down and made him quit.'

I may end up fighting this fight until the day I die but I WILL NOT ******* QUIT!!!!

I really don't have much more to say but dammit I needed to say this.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member

I think they might have just made gun owners cohesiveness stronger. This applies to just about every type of gun owner now.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 AM

All in. Salute!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Calguns Addict

And we're going to hit back HARD tomorrow.
Brown is on my speed dial.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member

Aye Aye!
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Calguns Addict

They've bought into it, now make them pay for it. They make themselves inaccessible to us and refuse to listen to the voice of the people, but while they may be inaccessible, they should be made to understand that they are not untouchable.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 AM

Well said Kes! You got 162,000+ calgunners behind you.

They can try to knock us around but they won't take the fight out of us.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Veteran Member

I'm in.

"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)
Old 09-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member

eff quitting.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 09-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

I will fight these self serving bastards until these are vetoed and if that does not happen I will fight them in court and if that doesn't happen I will fight them at the ballot box and in elections!!!

I am on obstinate son of a *****.

I WILL NOT give them the satisfaction of saying 'We beat him down and made him quit.'

I may end up fighting this fight until the day I die but I WILL NOT ******* QUIT!!!!

I really don't have much more to say but dammit I needed to say this.
QFT!
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
-Speaking about the Oikos mass shooting in Oakland.

Quote:
With an assault weapon you just hold the trigger back and it goes blup,blup,blup
-Michael Bloomberg confused about the difference between a machine gun and a rifle, ABC News Nightline 12/21/12
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 AM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

In.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Calguns Addict

They'll take silence as acceptance. Be heard.

Magpul | Mega Arms | LMT | Hiperfire | ODIN Works | Multitasker
Spike's Tactical | Fortis | Centurion Arms | Limited Capacity PMAGs

FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 AM

Hand salute!

I'm in.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

In. Pissed off more than I thought I'd ever be.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Hear, Hear!

The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 AM

Let's burn their phone lines up with calls tomorrow!!!!!
This is such BS
Old 09-13-2013, 12:41 AM

We beat 53 and 396. I know others don't think so, but I think they were the most egregious of the bills.

SB-374 is the last big pillar bill, and it squeaked by both houses and barely passed a concurrence vote on amendments that *weakened* the bill. We were close. The governor may still veto.

You know what we do now? We recall a legislator or two. We strongly support those who voted against the bills and who hail from close districts, especially if they are dem. And we try to remove those who voted yes in close districts next cycle. (Let people know we make enemies, but we also make new friends)

We were struck hard, but we aren't knocked out.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Calguns Addict

This is not over!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Janitors assistant

I will continue the fight till I can no longer breathe. Everyone in Sacramento will know our names tomorrow again, to the phones mean and women!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:48 AM

This is just the beginning! Kestryll we all agree with you and understand your frustrations as we are all in the same boat. Call, Fax and Email will be all I'll be doing tomorrow and every day after that until this BS is figured out!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 AM
C3 Leader

This should only make you guys mad.
Get involved. Stay active. We need to bust a Colorado on their asses in a well organized and well funded attack.
But we need support. We need true patriots willing to educate, to promote firearms, to help with campaigns...
We simply can NOT do this by sitting in front of computer screens.

Stand up ladies and gentleman, it's time to fight to take back whats rightfully ours. Make these politicians pay for their actions.... With an unemployment check.
We need to fight, and fight hard.
Andrew
Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Calguns Addict

We shall prevail.
They will regret they ever attacked our liberties.
They will learn that they have poked at a great dragon.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 AM

We lost. I would implore the CGF to buddy up with other foundations, choose the all star quarterback and run this through the courts. The 7th district gave us the chance for a circuit split and we need a TEAM that is willing to fight this together.

I will say that it is naive to think that Brown will veto this crap and while I will join in calling and sending messages, I have no optimism that he will.

We are at a crossroads and the lawyers need to stop swinging their junk and do something together.

We have but only one goal, but we have many lawyers wanting to score it on their own. Just once, let it go and collaborate instead of compete against each other. I have a fresh doation as soon as I hear that this has happened.
Old 09-13-2013, 1:00 AM

Yes, I'll keep fighting... but what specifically happened tonight that hit us hard? I've been looking up bill statuses and pawing through the forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometa View Post
We beat 53 and 396. I know others don't think so, but I think they were the most egregious of the bills.
Please enlighten me if I missed something, but how so? allowing online ammo sales via FFL may have downgraded 53 from tyrannical to simply naive and overbearing, but how have we "beaten" 396?

Quote:
SB-374 is the last big pillar bill, and it squeaked by both houses and barely passed a concurrence vote on amendments that *weakened* the bill. We were close. The governor may still veto.
hopefully, there's certainly a chance Brown will veto based on how inclusive it is and the fact that there's no allowance for passing them on to family as part of an estate....

Grabborrhoids: a chronic tendency to repeatedly call for bills that won't work, to fix laws that don't make sense, to regulate objects one doesn't understand.
Help "stop the madness."
Next step? >>> We need more pro 2nd a Legislators — HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley!
Old 09-13-2013, 1:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Death before dishonor. I will not be silent.

I'll look at the aftermath in the morning, but I take it that assuming Brown doesn't veto anything we're going to have to move onto the jury box?

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 09-13-2013, 1:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustercat View Post
Yes, I'll keep fighting... but what specifically happened tonight that hit us hard? I've been looking up bill statuses and pawing through the forum...

Please enlighten me if I missed something, but how so? allowing online ammo sales via FFL may have downgraded 53 from tyrannical to simply naive and overbearing, but how have we "beaten" 396?

hopefully, there's certainly a chance Brown will veto based on how inclusive it is and the fact that there's no allowance for passing them on to family as part of an estate....
SB 396 failed in Assembly on 9/11. The NO outnumbered the Yes. There's a thread on this below.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-13-2013, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustercat View Post
396 failed a vote and was placed inactive. 53 was sent back to committee and then made inactive. Those bills are dead! (Until next legislative session anyway)
Old 09-13-2013, 1:09 AM

ah! just saw samDXs thread and was about to edit. Some good news!

Grabborrhoids: a chronic tendency to repeatedly call for bills that won't work, to fix laws that don't make sense, to regulate objects one doesn't understand.
Help "stop the madness."
Next step? >>> We need more pro 2nd a Legislators — HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley!
Old 09-13-2013, 1:12 AM

I plan to donate to calguns... its my home online these days.. I spend 90% of my online time on calguns
Old 09-13-2013, 1:18 AM

We aren't done fighting this, not by a long shot.

We have to look at what happened tonight (and everything leading up to this) objectively, and I have to be honest - we were all stretched a little thin. It's hard enough when we have to contact ALL of our respective legislators over a single bill. I don't think I need to remind you all of the success we had last year with our concentrated efforts against each of our legislators over SB-249 (Yee). I have to give it to the Dishonorable Senator Steinberg, he knew we would be able to prevail over one, two, maybe three major civilian disarmament bills, but he knew he could confuse us and make us feel dejected when he nearly sextupled that number. By Mid-march, the total count was over 25. The crook knew that not all 25 would survive, and in the end, the total count of the bills that apparently mattered numbered 14. Not an insurmountable number, but still a lot more than the usual number we were used to taking on and defeating.

What's the takeaway from this? It's probably that gun controllers know no limits when it comes to dirty tactics. It shouldn't come as a surprise from a group of sub-human scum that want to take away our civil rights. It's also probably that we have limits, and no matter how hard we try, there are some forces out there that can overwhelm even the best. If this kind of tactic had any chance of success, it was only going to be in California (and perhaps a few others like NY, CT, NJ, and maybe IL, though that's changing as well). Rest assured, that all over the rest of the country, the trend is going the opposite way of what happened in California tonight. The recalls in Colorado were a good start. the Illinois Supreme Court ruling that the Second Amendment protects bearing arms outside the home was another step in the right direction. MAIG and MDA (Moms Demand Action) becoming increasingly marginalized is something to be happy about. Indeed, their luck has been so down lately, it almost makes you feel sorry for them, that maybe they deserve a victory or two because we have gunnies have an internalized sense of fairness and righteousness, unlike them. These victories will build on each other, and will soon sweep California too.

But we have to do our part to usher in that change. It goes back to what I wrote earlier. We need to recognize the success we can realize with concentrated campaigns. With SB-249, it was a concentrated campaign over one bill against all of our legislators. Now, it's a concentrated campaign for fourteen (14) bills against one individual, Governor Brown.

We all know what the plan is, and I will do my part to execute on it. I hope you'll join me to do the same.

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.

Last edited by SamsDX; 09-13-2013 at 1:21 AM..
Old 09-13-2013, 1:21 AM

I am in my early 30's. I have no other choice but to fight. I will not surrender without a fight. I will not live as a slave, and my children will not be sons/daughters of slaves.

I will not bow the knee to the whims of a tyrant - whether that tyrant be a single man or an entire legislature. My rights are God given and natural. No man can take from me what the Almighty has gifted me by virtue of my birth.

I have no other choice but to push back against the boot of oppression. To not do so would destroy my conscience.

Im in!

Last edited by Mr_Monkeywrench; 09-13-2013 at 8:22 AM..
Old 09-13-2013, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Monkeywrench View Post
I am in my early 30's. I have no other choice but to fight. I will not surrender without a fight. I will not live as a slave, and my children win not be sons/daughters of slaves.

I will not bow the knee to the whims of a tyrant - whether that tyrant be a single man or an entire legislature. My rights are God given and natural. No man can take from me what the Almighty has gifted me by virtue of my birth.

I have no other choice but to push back against the boot of oppression. To not do so would destroy my conscience.

Im in!
DITTO! except change 30's to 40's for me

More armed citizens = Quicker response times, less victims.
Less armed citizens = more victims

Guns should only be surrendered one bullet at a time.
Old 09-13-2013, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometa View Post
396 failed a vote and was placed inactive. 53 was sent back to committee and then made inactive. Those bills are dead! (Until next legislative session anyway)
Not until next session, just next year. 2014 is the second year of the current legislative session.
Old 09-13-2013, 1:45 AM
Win win win win
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSICK View Post
eff quitting.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THT View Post
They'll take silence as acceptance. Be heard.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
We shall prevail.
They will regret they ever attacked our liberties.
They will learn that they have poked at a great dragon.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
Death before dishonor. I will not be silent.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
We aren't done fighting this, not by a long shot. I hope you'll join me to do the same.
Right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Monkeywrench View Post
I will not live as a slave, and my children win not be sons/daughters of slaves.
HELL NO!

Count me in!

"Why do we fall Bruce?"

So we can learn can learn to pick ourselves up!
Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

Old 09-13-2013, 1:48 AM
Banned

#WAR
Old 09-13-2013, 1:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Im in.
For mostly unrelated reasons I will more than likely find myself out of state this time next year, but at that I will still fight.
Old 09-13-2013, 1:51 AM
Banned

Why cant we get a protest rally going to get Brown to veto this crap?
Old 09-13-2013, 1:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Defeat is not an option. Surrender is not in our creed.

Always forward! Fight for our rights!

Calling moonbeam again tomorrow, and again, and again, and again...

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 09-13-2013, 1:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgn02 View Post
Why cant we get a protest rally going to get Brown to veto this crap?
Since the veto is Brown's decision and Brown's decision only - would a rally help him make the right decision?

Seems the only thing you can possibly do is extract punitive action in the form of recalls.

Not Brown himself of course but the other Dems that might be vulnerable.
Old 09-13-2013, 2:39 AM
CGSSA Leader

I am 27 years old. I was born in Massachusetts.

Starting in grade school, doubling the day after Columbine, and continuing right up until today, I have time and time again been abused because I was interested in firearms. From the kids in 5th grade who painted rumors of me being a potential school shooter, to the kid in high school who deliberately started rumors of me being involved with the fictitious 'trench-coat mafia' because I wore a blue wool overcoat to school on a 5 degree winter day, to the people in college who accused me of being personally responsible for the deaths of those shot by gang-bangers in our city. And all the while my State's government did everything in their power to oppress my rights while the media sitting in their pocket indoctrinated my neighbors to hate every fiber of my being. And then I had the misfortune of being forced to move to California for my career. And I suddenly learned how much worse things could be.

I have lived my life knowing I was born far too late and in the wrong place to live my life as a gun owner comfortably. I have never had the glorious fortune of living in a free state. But perhaps there is a good reason for this. I don't believe in fate, or predestination or any such things. Nobody chose us to suffer. We have all been cursed by chance, to be oppressed simply for embracing the original ideals of the country we love.

But those who would oppress us have made a critical error. They have tried to break us, tried to stomp their jackboots on our necks. They tried to paint us as maniacs and monsters to make us hated by all who would otherwise befriend us.

But they did not create monsters. They created soldiers. An army. An army of Patriots who will stand against them in defiance of their oppression.
We will march on their castles, wage a war upon them like nothing they could ever imagine. A war without a single shot fired. A war fought with pens and paper, with emails and telephone calls, with picket signs and banners and shouts of righteous justice. We will not win every battle. But we will not be forced into silence.

These tyrants, these thieves of our rights, they have created us. And in doing so, they are the authors of their own destruction.