Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-10-2013, 1:32 PM
Veteran Member

Default If the 2nd Amendment was repealed tomorrow...

Would you be willing to leave your old life of abiding by the law behind and become a "criminal" in the eyes of the government?

Not saying that it's gonna happen, but if it *does*...

The way I see it, in the context outlined above, becoming a criminal is a "freedom" of sorts. You're no longer bound by words on a piece of paper written by nicely dressed rich people made to keep peasants and "undesirables" like you and me in line while they go and live the life of luxury, wealth and power at our expense.

Not only that, but as a criminal you could get pretty much any gun you wanted. Want to carry a weapon without having to spend $$$ and waiting months, even years on paperwork to clear? Go right ahead! Full Auto? They've got it! Grenades? That too! Tanks? Aircraft? If you look hard enough, they are out there! Want to "take care of business" the old fashioned way? Without those pesky laws suppressing your urges and desires, there is practically no limit as to what you can do!

Of course, you'd have to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder and trusting almost no one. Getting caught means either a life sentence or the death chamber. With that in mind, I guess that's the price you pay for "true" freedom.

*Disclaimer* : I am not advocating criminal activity or blatantly breaking the law. This is a purely philosophical and hypothetical discussion!

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr

Last edited by RMP91; 09-10-2013 at 1:46 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

2A repeal shouldn't mean anything

The 2A didn't give you your rights, it just reminded the gov to back off them

Old 09-10-2013, 2:17 PM
Calguns Addict

If this were to happen, people would be up-in-arms...
Old 09-10-2013, 2:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
yes and the first cop or fed to break down a door is gonna start the civil war part deux
Old 09-10-2013, 2:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

How about instead of daydreaming hypothetical situations we all get more involved in protecting our rights now? We can make a difference:
  • Donate to NRA, CGF, CGN, SAF, CRPA; even $1 helps if that's all you can afford.
  • Write a physical letter to your congressional reps that politely explains our position. Ask if you need help with this.
  • Participate in EVERY urgent action PSA on this forum.
  • Take some new friends out shooting.
  • Be KNOWN in your neighborhood; participate in any community activity you can and don't talk politics or guns, just be a GREAT PERSON.
  • Turn outrage into outreach.

We must all work until exhaustion. Their exhaustion, not ours. We do not tire. We do not give up. Don't be discouraged by setbacks - expect them. This is a civil rights movement. It will be tough, it will be long, but it will be victorious. For everything going against us, we have truth on our side.
The architects of the assault weapon bans ... are simply trying to fight the Culture War. And we can't win, not in California anyway because you guys, the ones with the most to lose, refuse to do what you need to do to win the Culture Wars, which is to make Calguns and the gun rights community a truly big tent and stop driving people away simply because they are different from you.
Crime rate per 100k people
General population: 3,817
Police officers: 108
Legal CCW: 18
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm Sicilian+ Irish+mumble+mumble...what do you think would happen?

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 AM

many of us are ALREADY "criminals" thanks to certain california gun laws. once california literally whipes the 2nd amendment off the map this year, theres gonna be many many many more of use who are gonna become criminals. this hypothetical situation has already been happening.
my suggestion, keep what you want. just dont talk about it.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I guess Kalifornistan will be the test case.....
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
How about instead of daydreaming hypothetical situations we all get more involved in protecting our rights now? We can make a difference:
  • Donate to NRA, CGF, CGN, SAF, CRPA; even $1 helps if that's all you can afford.
  • Write a physical letter to your congressional reps that politely explains our position. Ask if you need help with this.
  • Participate in EVERY urgent action PSA on this forum.
  • Take some new friends out shooting.
  • Be KNOWN in your neighborhood; participate in any community activity you can and don't talk politics or guns, just be a GREAT PERSON.
  • Turn outrage into outreach.

We must all work until exhaustion. Their exhaustion, not ours. We do not tire. We do not give up. Don't be discouraged by setbacks - expect them. This is a civil rights movement. It will be tough, it will be long, but it will be victorious. For everything going against us, we have truth on our side.
The NRA has obvious ZERO clout in CA -

We need to be getting the state employees union on board -

Through the union member hunters/gun owners -

These political hacks only answer to the unions -

Not the useless spam sent in by mere peasants.......
Old 09-11-2013, 8:27 AM

Just look at Australia's compliance rate when they banned semi-auto rifles for almost all their population (certain land owners/farmers can get a permit for one, but those who even qualify, much less apply, are a very small number). The imports of 2 types of semi-auto rifles outnumber the total number turned in during Australia's turn-them-in period.
Old 09-11-2013, 8:30 AM
Veteran Member

If the government wants to make it that stark and touch off a civil war, then by all means let's have them do it and get it over with.

The gun is the central metaphor in the US for the relationship of the citizen to government. When the people are armed, the government must persuade; with a disarmed populace, the government compels.

They take away the guns, they are signaling the end of America. The end of America means the end of your rights and freedoms so what have you got to lose by taking up arms against oppression? Your life? What good is that if you are not free? Do you really want to have your life run by the likes of Michael Bloomberg and Michelle Obama?

HELL NO!

- Giacomo Leopardi
Old 09-11-2013, 9:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

if the second amendment was repealed it would become a states right issue
Old 09-11-2013, 9:59 AM

The question is more about what are you going to do today? This isn't philosophical. Most of us in some form or another will be violating the law come Jan 1st if we do not makes changes to our guns/comply with new laws/dispose of high cap mags/register guns/etc. They are passing Ex post facto laws which are in fact expressly forbidden in the Constitution...so we are headed to this place you are speaking of.

That said...lets not forget this is an open forum that is monitored.

The new gun laws are only scratching the surface of how F'ed up this state is becoming and everything they are trying to do. I've been writing letters, sending tweets, posting to Facebook, calling representatives, donating...I'm a member of CRPA, NRA, CGF...but it doesn't stop. So I'm taking my family and all of our money out of this state. That's how we can fight back...we no longer provide the state with any more income and my family is no longer a provider for all of those in the state who are takers. There are more takers here than providers so I plan to make that even more unbalanced.

However...while I am here I will continue to fight but its getting really old.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

i see little evidence that the second amendment is even recognized
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

The second what? the bill of who? This is CA we know not of what you speak.

But really if i'm already an outlaw what more could they do to me, make me outlawed^2? If the day comes were what i have a right to is illegal i'll act as the outlaw they made me.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 AM

One word - Revolution! !!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM

The day when guns are outright banned and we are told to turn them in is the day that SHTF and I along with hopefully every other gun owner takes up arms against our tyrannical Communist government. government
Old 09-12-2013, 5:43 PM

The right to keep and bear arms is one of the few things defining us as different from other countries. Take that right away and what's the difference from others like Australia, England, etc. California is on the verge of banning the very weapons the 2nd amendment was meant to protect.
These are dark days for freedom.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post
Would you be willing to leave your old life of abiding by the law behind and become a "criminal" in the eyes of the government?

Not saying that it's gonna happen, but if it *does*...

The way I see it, in the context outlined above, becoming a criminal is a "freedom" of sorts. You're no longer bound by words on a piece of paper written by nicely dressed rich people made to keep peasants and "undesirables" like you and me in line while they go and live the life of luxury, wealth and power at our expense.

Not only that, but as a criminal you could get pretty much any gun you wanted. Want to carry a weapon without having to spend $$$ and waiting months, even years on paperwork to clear? Go right ahead! Full Auto? They've got it! Grenades? That too! Tanks? Aircraft? If you look hard enough, they are out there! Want to "take care of business" the old fashioned way? Without those pesky laws suppressing your urges and desires, there is practically no limit as to what you can do!

Of course, you'd have to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder and trusting almost no one. Getting caught means either a life sentence or the death chamber. With that in mind, I guess that's the price you pay for "true" freedom.

*Disclaimer* : I am not advocating criminal activity or blatantly breaking the law. This is a purely philosophical and hypothetical discussion!
If I were an evil minister of the government, I would flag this thread and use it to track down all those who have expressed here a predisposition to rebel against the Evil Empire.

America is Not a Democracy

". . . all [historical] experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms
[of governmental abuses and usurpations] to which they are accustomed."
Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO