Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-06-2013, 3:41 PM
woods's Avatar
woods woods is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 474
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

As much as possible we will be going out of state to buy ammo and other products. We will take our vacations outside of California. We don't want to give California any more tax money.

California's lawmakers are scamming and defrauding their constituents while ignoring rights and responsibility. To reward them with tax money is criminal. I stopped my search for a home in California and will be saving money to buy a home out of state.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-06-2013, 3:47 PM
2761377's Avatar
2761377 2761377 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: On my High Horse
Posts: 990
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losd619 View Post
What happens if these out of state gun stores don't have ammo either. Do a walmart search of nevada or arizona and it comes up with hardly anything
there are wallymarts in both LHC and Parker Az.

now that the OP has said he won't give up the greedy bastard's store name, maybe we should re-consider the outrage?

OP= Troll? agent-provocateur?

to paraphrase internet slang- "without a name, it didn't happen"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-06-2013, 3:59 PM
2nd Mass 2nd Mass is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,248
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
The primary purpose of any business is to make profit, so his thinking in that respect is correct.

Whether the math adds up is what remains to be seen. The way the law is worded, it's not going to be easy for anyone just to walk in and get ammo, so many potential customers will have to walk out.
The math won't add up and the lgs owner is in for a rude awakening. Many people will start reloading and making annual trips to other states. It's only a 5 hour drive from almost any point in the state to get to a neighboring state.

I don't know anyone happy about paying for a permit, getting a background check or having the state track their ammo purchases.

The lost ammo revenue to the state will be huge!!! How many thousands have we all spent. Thats millions across the state that will be lost.
__________________
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate

Last edited by 2nd Mass; 09-06-2013 at 4:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:10 PM
Ripon83's Avatar
Ripon83 Ripon83 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Modesto & Denio Junction
Posts: 6,868
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

FUD

I've talked with a couple of store owners recently and there isn't one of them with an attitude like that presented in the OP. They already despise having to do PPT for a whopping $10 while any mistake comes back on them. They don't want to have to do paper work for ammo sales. They might think it, but they'd never say it out loud, that they will benefit from the elimination of mail order ammunition. These guys already know I shoot more in NV than I do in CA anyway and they never sale me ammo anyhow - and STILL they would never say stuff like that presented.
__________________
Remember the Mighty Midgets
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:14 PM
ronrichards64's Avatar
ronrichards64 ronrichards64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Ana
Posts: 523
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

I am hoping for a second home in Silver City New Mexico. Cost is low , They have open carry . Ammo at WM . Nice town, I go 1-2 times a year , 12 hour drive, Just bought 6 boxes of 22 at Wal-Mart. Open carry is not a big deal.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:15 PM
CaliforniaLiberal's Avatar
CaliforniaLiberal CaliforniaLiberal is offline
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,279
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwls13 View Post
I, like most on here will be purchasing out of State. BUT, it won't be long before they pass legislation saying it's illegal to "bring ammo in without a license or registering it somehow".
QFT

One of the Intolerable Bills that died earlier this year was AB760 the 5 Cents a Round ammo tax. Money to go to Children's Mental Health. I'm sure they are keeping that one on the shelf to bring back in a couple of years. It died before passing the Assembly. Bringing ammo in from out of state would avoid the state tax and be illegal.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...arch_keywords=


In years to come after outlawing the importation of ammo into CA there will arise a heroic group of fearless and crafty men and women with big, fast trucks loaded with fresh ammo for California Gun Owners. Ammo Smugglers sneaking down back roads that will bypass the new State Ammo Inspection Stations on the main roads going into CA.

Like the Dukes of Hazard.

Only with a thousand miles of border, all of it in mountains, forests and deserts.

Eventually the CA Border will look like the old East German Iron Curtain with mine fields, barbed wire, search lights, motion sensors and guard towers with machine gun mounts. Manned by the CA Border Police in black leather coats. "Your papers, PLEASE!!"

Ammo Submarines slipping into Crescent City from Coos Bay.

Small Ammo Drones flying 20 feet altitude through the Sierras.

Hollywood movies about legendary Ammo Smugglers.
__________________
A Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
CalGuns Foundation FAQ - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ
Main Page CalGuns Wiki - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org

Last edited by CaliforniaLiberal; 09-06-2013 at 4:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:28 PM
subscriber subscriber is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 155
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point.
Having your competition removed by force of law is NOT capitalist. It is corruption of the system, driven by the left.

Now, if the store owner were smart he would keep his joy between himself and his accountant.

I was in a local store a week ago and the guy behind the counter pointed at dozens of ARs against the wall. He said it looks like that they won't be able to sell any of those come next year. I am sure this loss of revenue applies equally to the dealer in the OP, who made the error to speak honestly with a customer about future ammo sales.

The piling on I see here to punish the OP's dealer for speaking frankly reminds me of the closing scene from Scent of a woman - except here they want to punish a young man for keeping his mouth shut. It is a discussion about integrity and it is epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4HUD-wErc

What would you do if you were gun store owner in CA, other than smile and keep your business strategy to yourself? You want to crucify the store owner for being honest? If you can prove it, crucify him for campaigning for the law he will benefit from. Otherwise he is just a useful vulture enjoying the spoils left by the real culprits - you can hardly blame him for that.

Last edited by subscriber; 09-06-2013 at 4:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:49 PM
SemperFi1775's Avatar
SemperFi1775 SemperFi1775 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 686
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

this is what we should say to power grabbers:

you want to lead? we'll give you lead...
__________________
"What the hell happened to land of the free and home of the brave???"

"I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!!!" A Few Good Men
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:55 PM
rdawg rdawg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Burlingame
Posts: 219
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I'm not going to name the store. My point of the post was to let everyone know that you should not assume that even people in the business aren't necessarily are our allies.

He was smiling. He even made that money gesture with his fingers. While our rights are being taken away he will be making money.

It's tough because until today we would discuss the gun laws are we would both be in agreement about. He seemed to be a good guy.

However, I reminded everyday that it's all about money.
No store name then this is not a real story just some made up Bull S*** by the OP to increase there post numbers that's all.

A store like this need to be named so fellow calgunners know to avoid it.

Posting something like this with no name does NOBODY any good.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:57 PM
ElPookie20 ElPookie20 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

^^^^^Agree!!!!!!
__________________
When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:57 PM
TempleKnight's Avatar
TempleKnight TempleKnight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, CA
Posts: 720
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscriber View Post
Having your competition removed by force of law is NOT capitalist. It is corruption of the system, driven by the left.

Now, if the store owner were smart he would keep his joy between himself and his accountant.

I was in a local store a week ago and the guy behind the counter pointed at dozens of ARs against the wall. He said it looks like that they won't be able to sell any of those come next year. I am sure this loss of revenue applies equally to the dealer in the OP, who made the error to speak honestly with a customer about future ammo sales.

The piling on I see here to punish the OP's dealer for speaking frankly reminds me of the closing scene from Scent of a woman - except here they want to punish a young man for keeping his mouth shut. It is a discussion about integrity and it is epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4HUD-wErc

What would you do if you were gun store owner in CA, other than smile and keep your business strategy to yourself? You want to crucify the store owner for being honest? If you can prove it, crucify him for campaigning for the law he will benefit from. Otherwise he is just a useful vulture enjoying the spoils left by the real culprits - you can hardly blame him for that.
He's not a capitalist, he's an idiot. Those of us that shoot high volumes will go out-of-state and the casual ammo buyer is going to be surprised that he can't just walk in an buy what he wants. John Q Public won't even know about ammo permits until the day before he thought he was going hunting or a casual trip to the range.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:06 PM
ElPookie20 ElPookie20 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It amazes me how they think they can keep ammo out the hands of people. I've already thought of a couple ways around this ammo control problem. It's gonna make a smuggler out of me if they make it illegal to buy out of state!!!!
__________________
When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Last edited by ElPookie20; 09-06-2013 at 5:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:13 PM
3rd_gear 3rd_gear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 234
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I was at a gun store today and the owner told me he was happy with the new ammo restrictions. He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.

He caught himself and said, well sometimes there are customers we just shouldn't sell ammo too. He also stated that they weren't going to make much more money due to the additional required man power. Again, I think he said this after he could see my disgust.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.


I also noticed that they put limits back on their AMMO. I think they are restricting because they know the rush is coming. This is despicable.

I think with everything happening this is the final straw for me. I use to think these guys were true believers. They are not it's all about making money.

I'm DONE.
Cool story bro.
What's the name of the store? You seem angry.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:25 PM
Windex Windex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Rdawg: I really don't care what you think. I don't know you and don't care to know you. I could care less about post numbers. I don't even know what post numbers do for me.

I'm like Jason Bourne: I'm on my own team.

My post number has never helped me to buy a gun. Again, I don't even know what a post/thread number will do for me. Do I get a present when I hit a certain number????

I'm not angry. I'm disappointed to with the fact that this guy cares more about money that our rights. It can't always be about money.


Per Rdawg: I guess I was just feeling lonely today and decided to make up a story about this fictional gun store, plus I needed to increase my post/thread count so that I can get some sought of gift/present.

Can someone fill me in on the gift/present that I will get once I hit a certain thread number. How many threads do I have to start to get this amazing gift?

Last edited by Windex; 09-06-2013 at 5:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:32 PM
thomashoward's Avatar
thomashoward thomashoward is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,003
iTrader: 72 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_ View Post
Yes, but on your return and having to stop at one of those Agricultural Inspection stations, they'll now be asking if you have any fruit, vegetables, or ammo to declare...
No Sir, Nothing here

Last edited by thomashoward; 09-06-2013 at 6:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:33 PM
kygen's Avatar
kygen kygen is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The People's Socialist Republic of Los Angeles
Posts: 2,815
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

question. what if someone were to have someone out of state buy the ammo, then ship it into California to you. legal?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse700 View Post
I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:34 PM
Norcal Industries's Avatar
Norcal Industries Norcal Industries is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: sacramento, california
Posts: 1,257
iTrader: 64 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:36 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,794
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I really don't care what you think.
Bull. Of course you care. If you didn't, you wouldn't be so defensive.

Quote:
I could care less about post numbers. I don't even know what post numbers do for me.

Post count by itself means nothing. But a history of reliable posts would contribute to your credibility.

Until then, why should anybody believe anything you say?

If you expect people to take you seriously, you should care about your credibility. If you don't, you're just another Internet warrior who deserves to be ignored or better, derided.

Quote:
I'm like Jason Bourne: I'm on my own team.
Right. Internet warrior. Go you, tough guy.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome

Last edited by curtisfong; 09-06-2013 at 5:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:47 PM
Windex Windex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Check my post? What about them are not reliable???

Last edited by Windex; 09-06-2013 at 5:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:50 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,794
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Check my post? What about them are not reliable???
You posted an entirely unsubstantiated claim, and refused to back it up. That doesn't help your credibility. It may not hurt it, but at this rate, it isn't looking good.

Quote:
You guys do realize that if someone were to get banned all they have to do is create a new Yahoo, Google E-mail account and few other changes and you're back in.
And without a posting history, you are back to having no credibility.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-06-2013, 5:52 PM
tuolumnejim's Avatar
tuolumnejim tuolumnejim is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stagecoach, Nv.
Posts: 9,962
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_ View Post
Yes, but on your return and having to stop at one of those Agricultural Inspection stations, they'll now be asking if you have any fruit, vegetables, or ammo to declare...
Not the highway I drive there is none.
__________________
There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.
Charles de Montesquieu

“In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.”
Publius Cornelius Scipio

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem
"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery"
Count Palatine of Posen
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:00 PM
Windex Windex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

CurtisFong: What you're telling me is that all I have to do is give you a name and it will substantiate my story? What if I wanted to wrongfully hurt someone's business. I could come on Calguns make up a store and as long as I gave a name that would make it truthful?

Do you realize what you are saying?

So if I just throw out a name that will make everything ok.


This is High School.

All bow to CurtisFong: He has over 2700 post. It's the equivalent of finding a cure for cancer. All praise Veteran Member, Curtisfong.

Last edited by Windex; 09-06-2013 at 6:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:09 PM
dwtt dwtt is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,222
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
CurtisFong: What you're telling me is that all I have to do is give you a name and it will substantiate my store. What if I wanted to wrongfully hurt someone's business. I could come on Calguns make up a store and as long as I gave a name that would make it truthful?.
Trolls who make up stories won't name a real gun store, because someone will read the BS story, and it will make it's way to the store. The store can then refute the false claims and the troll will be exposed as a lying jack@$$. That's why trolls refuse to name a store, but will always come up with an excuse of some kind.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:18 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,794
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

For somebody who doesn't care about their credibility, you seem to be pretty upset.

Calm down.

Bottom line is, what you did is typical of driveby trolls. The response to your post reflects the past experience of other members. It could be that you aren't a troll, and your post is accurate. However, nobody has any way of distinguishing you from the never ending troll parade until you build credibility. Don't take it personal. It isn't.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:20 PM
pitbull30's Avatar
pitbull30 pitbull30 is offline
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Back Porch
Posts: 3,034
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

No store name = No point of this post.

We already know some will price gouge as seen in the previous panic. I like others will take my business elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:23 PM
bob7122's Avatar
bob7122 bob7122 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: OC, SoCal
Posts: 5,307
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I'm not going to name the store. My point of the post was to let everyone know that you should not assume that even people in the business aren't necessarily are our allies.

He was smiling. He even made that money gesture with his fingers. While our rights are being taken away he will be making money.

It's tough because until today we would discuss the gun laws are we would both be in agreement about. He seemed to be a good guy.

However, I reminded everyday that it's all about money.
why not? they are not our friends, in fact they are aiding the enemy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
man's greatest accomplishments have been achieved in the face of futility.
it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
PSN name= entwie_dumayla
"I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:25 PM
Windex Windex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I've never said, that I didn't care about my credibility. I'm pretty calm. Credibility on a forum where the majority of the people on the forum you will never meet. In that respect I don't necessarily care. I know how I live my life. I stay to myself and do the right things when no ones looking. I raise my kids that way. I don't need anyone on Calguns to somehow validate my credibility.

I stay to myself, that's what I meant when I said, "I'm on my own team" It had nothing to do with toughness.

Like I said, "This is High School".

All Praise Veteran Member, Curtisfong.


First: I don't agree with the stance of this store. I still like the guy on a personal level. I hope that concept is not too hard for some to understand.

Last edited by Windex; 09-06-2013 at 6:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:27 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 17,036
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_ View Post
Yes, but on your return and having to stop at one of those Agricultural Inspection stations, they'll now be asking if you have any fruit, vegetables, or ammo to declare...
please provide proof of this even going to happen.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:29 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,794
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Like I said, "This is High School".
Grownups care about credibility. Children throw ad hominem insults.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:40 PM
2nd Mass 2nd Mass is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,248
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPookie20 View Post
It amazes me how they think they can keep ammo out the hands of people. I've already thought of a couple ways around this ammo control problem. It's gonna make a smuggler out of me if they make it illegal to buy out of state!!!!
Sadly it's not about keeping ammo out of the hands of people. It's about complicating the lives of gun owners so they'll stop owning guns. It's part of the disarmament agenda. It's never about sense, it's about control.

They no it won't keep ammo out of the state and that interstate ammo runs will proliferate as the previous poster said "like the Dukes of Hazards". Might have to take the CGN sticker off the car first
__________________
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:41 PM
Windex Windex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

2700 post. Someone needs a life.

Last edited by Windex; 09-06-2013 at 6:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:48 PM
dawgcasa dawgcasa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 147
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Make sure you also fill up your car and eat lunch on the AZ side. It's not much, but it's the thought that counts .
I was at a Walmart in Parker AZ over Labor Day weekend ... Their ammo shelves were practically bare. There was maybe only 200 rounds total between 3-4 different calibers, and those were the 'not common' calibers.

I travel to Iowa about once per month on business ... I intend to use my 11 lb ammo allowance on Delta to check baggage with some ammo on the return trip.

Last edited by dawgcasa; 09-06-2013 at 6:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-06-2013, 6:51 PM
mossy's Avatar
mossy mossy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: equestria
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So OP refuses to name the shop..........Thats great keep protecting a store that does not deserve protection. If you care so much about the shop why even post here bi***ing about them..........
__________________
best troll thread in calguns history
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739

Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-06-2013, 7:42 PM
cannonfodder's Avatar
cannonfodder cannonfodder is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 165
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
The primary purpose of any business is to make profit, so his thinking in that respect is correct.

Whether the math adds up is what remains to be seen. The way the law is worded, it's not going to be easy for anyone just to walk in and get ammo, so many potential customers will have to walk out.
I agree.
__________________
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary. ” – Karl Marx


'When fascism comes to America, It will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." ~ Sinclair Lewis 1935
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-06-2013, 7:48 PM
RRangel RRangel is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,106
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I was at a gun store today and the owner told me he was happy with the new ammo restrictions. He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.

He caught himself and said, well sometimes there are customers we just shouldn't sell ammo too. He also stated that they weren't going to make much more money due to the additional required man power. Again, I think he said this after he could see my disgust.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.


I also noticed that they put limits back on their AMMO. I think they are restricting because they know the rush is coming. This is despicable.

I think with everything happening this is the final straw for me. I use to think these guys were true believers. They are not it's all about making money.

I'm DONE.
Thankfully that's not true for everyone. Buyers are free to chose who to support, when shopping for ammunition, and certain sellers won't be recommended to their detriment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-06-2013, 8:37 PM
Blackhawk556's Avatar
Blackhawk556 Blackhawk556 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FresNO, Ca
Posts: 3,662
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

@windex why exactly don't you want to name the store? If you're done doing business with them, why would you want us doing business with them? If you're really disgusted about this attitude, I see no reason for you to protect them.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-06-2013, 8:47 PM
Danodog's Avatar
Danodog Danodog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East San Diego County
Posts: 1,599
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

The stores that gouge will be remembered. I will spend a few dollars more on guns and parts at my LGS if they can provide reasonably priced ammo to feed my rifles.

Once the frenzies are over and the bans take place the herd will be thinned.
__________________
Calguns Contributor
NRA Patron Member
What have you done for 2A lately?

Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-06-2013, 9:31 PM
asm_'s Avatar
asm_ asm_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 744
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Ammo Submarines slipping into Crescent City from Coos Bay.

Small Ammo Drones flying 20 feet altitude through the Sierras.

Hollywood movies about legendary Ammo Smugglers.
And 50 years later, history channel make documentary about how everything went to hell in California. An example to be remember by the future generations.

.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-06-2013, 9:34 PM
totus44's Avatar
totus44 totus44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Escondido
Posts: 675
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
The primary purpose of any business is to make profit, so his thinking in that respect is correct.

Whether the math adds up is what remains to be seen. The way the law is worded, it's not going to be easy for anyone just to walk in and get ammo, so many potential customers will have to walk out.
Not a very smart business owner if all he can focus on is short term profits. He should see that long term they want his entire business, either by direct action or indirect such as this example. If he said this to you, he will repeat it and it will get around, further alienating his customer base.
__________________
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
- Thomas Paine, Common Sense

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
- Thomas Paine, The Crisis
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-07-2013, 7:32 AM
Drew Eckhardt Drew Eckhardt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.
You haven't been paying attention.

The National Alliance of Stocking Gun Dealers was behind the mail-order ban in the Gun Control Act of 1968. That's worked out well for them over the last forty-five years.

They've worked to get rid of FFLs without store fronts for decades.

The text of the Manchin-Toomey Amendment most likely came from them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.