Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-05-2013, 9:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default FPC-CA "Demand Rights" Radio Spot #1

Tomorrow, FPC and CAL-FFL will launch the first of a number of call-to-action radio campaigns throughout the state. These radio campaigns are designed to dovetail with our other efforts already underway (and forthcoming), which we'll have more news on soon. For now, here's spot #1 for your listening pleasure:

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 09-05-2013, 9:13 PM

Diggin it!

2L Student. Nothing is legal advice, just simply my 2 cents worth of opinions.
Old 09-05-2013, 9:19 PM
Banned

people should post this on all their social media sites....
Old 09-05-2013, 9:20 PM
Calguns Addict

How about a link we can share.
Old 09-05-2013, 9:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal View Post
How about a link we can share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PiNiK6NBQCI
Old 09-05-2013, 9:23 PM

Chick @ 49 punching through the guy's abdomen.

Good ad. I hope it gets some good attention.
Old 09-05-2013, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

I like it!

Pulls no punches tells like it is. That's refreshing for Cali. Hope I get to hear one on air! I'm guessing KFI.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-05-2013, 9:33 PM

That has gotta be the most annoying ad I've ever seen. What's with the repetitious gun blasts under the voiceover. Made me want to turn it off and I actually care about gun rights. Old footage effect is unnecessary too. I think this ad is terribly done and terribly late. Where were the ads over the last few months. Why wait till just before the bills go to the governor?
Old 09-05-2013, 9:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post
That has gotta be the most annoying ad I've ever seen. What's with the repetitious gun blasts under the voiceover. Made me want to turn it off and I actually care about gun rights. Old footage effect is unnecessary too. I think this ad is terribly done and terribly late. Where were the ads over the last few months. Why wait till just before the bills go to the governor?
I'm guessing it's strategic. Limited resources need to be maximized for effect. Asking people to voice their opinions to one governor at a crucial time is easier than asking people to voice their opinions to all reps. If they had the funds I'm sure they would have started earlier with different campaigns.

Also OP said it's a radio ad so don't worry to much about the visuals. Although if any multimedia folks here can do better feel free to do so and submit it.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I heard marching not gun blasts. He said radio ad. Probably through the video together so we wouldn't stare at a blank screen. Where were your thousands of dollars months ago to pay for ads?

I like the ad and hope it gets more play. Share it.

Cisco
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Who is paying this ad? I like to donate to help.

On the other hand, I think they also need to produce another version with softer female voice from female's prospective. People sometime forget that female, being the physically weaker gender, actually benefit from owning firearm more.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:42 PM

it's good... i look forward to hearing it on radio...

"I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!!!" A Few Good Men
Old 09-06-2013, 3:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post

On the other hand, I think they also need to produce another version with softer female voice from female's prospective. People sometime forget that female, being the physically weaker gender, actually benefit from owning firearm more.

good point
Old 09-06-2013, 4:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Really? Where's your pro gun radio ad? Let's see it.
Old 09-06-2013, 4:24 AM

I like the pseudo hell march.

Old 09-06-2013, 5:29 AM

Well done.
Madison Society Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 09-06-2013, 8:03 AM

Quote:

Firearms Policy Coalition and CAL-FFL

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/donate/

Last edited by peopleofthesun; 09-06-2013 at 9:55 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 8:44 AM

A commercial telling me to sign a petition?

Sorry, waste of resources.

Sacramento uses petitions as toilet paper.
Old 09-06-2013, 8:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock6.3 View Post

While I also believe the petitions, polls, and emailing people like Yee and such is a waste of time, the fact is that gun owners in CA need to be made aware of this crap. There are still posters on calguns who for whatever reason pay zero attention to the 2a section on this forum and manage to ignore every thread posted elsewhere discussing legislation. How it is that people who read and post on calguns.net can still be shocked by some of these bills is beyond me, but they're out there.

Now consider the thousands and thousands of gun owners who haven't even heard of calguns.net? If you've got active posters who are still being surprised by the 2014 long gun registration during transfer, do you think the other people know a damn thing about what's going on?

(I'm also not sure how someone hears the marching sounds and thinks gunfire... go get some new speakers or clean your ears out man)
Old 09-06-2013, 8:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

It is a commercial making you aware of the issues and asking you to sign a petition. There are more gun owners who do not frequent Calguns, or any of the other sites, than those who do. All that these gun-owners, who aren't actively engaged, know is the misinformation that the mainstream media feeds them, and we know what that is.

If the commercial gets these gun-owners to look into the the legislation being advanced it is a win...
Old 09-06-2013, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
It is a commercial making you aware of the issues and asking you to sign a petition. There are more gun owners who do not frequent Calguns, or any of the other sites, than those who do. All that these gun-owners, who aren't actively engaged, know is the misinformation that the mainstream media feeds them, and we know what that is.

If the commercial gets these gun-owners to look into the the legislation being advanced it is a win...
Commercial: Yes Needed.
Increasing awareness: Yes Needed.
Petition: No, waste of time/resources.

Use the demand a veto message instead, link to that webtool/story instead. Asking for a veto is more productive than asking for a petition to be granted.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Quote:

Use the demand a veto message instead, link to that webtool/story instead. Asking for a veto is more productive than asking for a petition to be granted.
The second post is much different that the first.

The petition tool is asking the Governor for the VETO...
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Waste of time? How about you do something constructive instead of tearing down people trying to make a difference. Why don't you head up the "demand a veto" message campaign instead of complaining about a group that is reaching many people.

This is why we can't get anything done, someone attempts to make a difference and all the armchair quarterbacks tear it down and complain.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

www.firearmspolicy.org/donate/
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

The 'petition' is a letter to Gov. Brown urging a veto, sent via email, fax, and hard-copy.

Sometimes people lose perspective of the deliverable when critiquing the message that's tailored for simplicity and clarity.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
The 'petition' is a letter to Gov. Brown urging a veto, sent via email, fax, and hard-copy.

Sometimes people lose perspective of the deliverable when critiquing the message that's tailored for simplicity and clarity.

-Brandon
Signing a petition is not equal to fax a veto request to the Governor.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
While I also believe the petitions, polls, and emailing people like Yee and such is a waste of time, the fact is that gun owners in CA need to be made aware of this crap. There are still posters on calguns who for whatever reason pay zero attention to the 2a section on this forum and manage to ignore every thread posted elsewhere discussing legislation. How it is that people who read and post on calguns.net can still be shocked by some of these bills is beyond me, but they're out there.

Now consider the thousands and thousands of gun owners who haven't even heard of calguns.net? If you've got active posters who are still being surprised by the 2014 long gun registration during transfer, do you think the other people know a damn thing about what's going on?

(I'm also not sure how someone hears the marching sounds and thinks gunfire... go get some new speakers or clean your ears out man)
Old 09-06-2013, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Signing a petition is not equal to fax a veto request to the Governor.
How is it not equal when they send a veto request fax on your behalf just by filling out the "petition"? On top of that a hand delivered hard copy letter.

-Cisco
Old 09-06-2013, 3:04 PM
Veteran Member

Really? An organization finally steps up to get the word out and trolls arrive to put it down. Seriously?

Also the petition is for governor brown not yee and his cronies. Remember, governor brown is a gun owner and has vetoed gun control when previously governor.

An awareness ad is great but there is always a direction for action in marketing. Buy something, say something, eat something. Here the message is easy for people to follow without taking much time. Sign a petition. 1 in 8 Californians own firearms, out of 38.4 million people that is approximately 4.8 million Californians. If even half, quarter or an eight of gun owners sign the petition it can have an impact. Even if just the 155,000+ calguns members signed it would send a huge message.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:09 PM

Sorry folks, not a troll. I've done the fax to the Governor, and I've been sharing that tool around (a lot).

An advertisement for a 'petition' will not get the same listener response as an advertisement to 'use our free service to fax the Governor'.
Old 09-07-2013, 7:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Anyone else seen the FPC sponsored ads peppered in FB and across Youtube?

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 09-07-2013, 7:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
Yep
Old 09-07-2013, 8:11 AM

Quote:
They'll more or less only display to people who browse a lot of gun sites.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2meterB View Post
That's not quite right. They're geotargeted and designed to be a likely impression by those who browse e.g. gun related sites, outdoors shopping sites, and other related sites and searches. One need not view a lot of sites for you to become the audience. The YouTube ads are Google and will also show on Google searches and sites with Google ads.

Old 09-07-2013, 9:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Even if this were wholly true, would you rather they played for people who browse crocheting, knitting, and home decor websites?

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
that isn't true, it will appear on the news feed of people who happen to be friends with people who have an interest...
Old 09-07-2013, 1:28 PM

Has anyone heard this on the radio yet?
What station?
Old 09-07-2013, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabesimpson View Post
Has anyone heard this on the radio yet?
What station?
Yes. KMJ 580. Gathering donations to play in major metros.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/donate/

-Cisco
Old 09-07-2013, 2:09 PM

Quote:
You can really target FB ads pretty hardcore.

2L Student. Nothing is legal advice, just simply my 2 cents worth of opinions.
Old 09-07-2013, 3:09 PM
CGN Contributor

I Like it! Good Work.