Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-05-2013, 2:55 PM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 148
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default Wild Bill's Old West Trading Co ... How are they still in business?

Years ago I remember when they were just a western clothing shop on the other side of the road with very few guns. Back then I bought a couple Rugers from them and had okay experiences.

Fast forward years and now they're a fairly large store on the verge of expansion (I overheard a worker talking to another customer) and yet I scratch my head as to how given their terrible attitude and customer service? Is it because everyone is buying up guns? If that's the case, and they actually had better attitudes, their expansion should be the size of a Cabelas by now.

I had two bad recent experiences with them and one was out of sheer desperation as I needed a FFL transfer and everyone I called didn't want to work with me...

-----------PART ONE-------------

I went in there asking to see some Colt SAAs...

I was initially helped by a very rude woman and asked to see a USFA SAA and a Colt P1870 they had with a sticker of $2199.00 ($2410 w/tax and fees! ). I inspected both closely and the USFA was in fact American made and flawless. The Colt, however, was not and had a numerous small but deep scratches in the barrel. One of the scratches had three parallel lines composing a perfect 3mm circle that were about 1mm deep. Even though it was a fat chance given its ridiculous sticker price I thought the condition of the Colt might be a better bargaining chip than the mint USFA...

I asked the woman if the price was negotiable. "It's a Colt", she explained in a sharp tone… "I'm well aware it's a Colt, ma'am, a well scratched one with an MSRP of $1350", I replied.

So the rude lady helping me went to the owner at the other side of the counter and asked him if the price was negotiable "ABSOLUTELY NOT!", he said. She then whispered something in his ear -- probably that I know my stuff -- and his demeanor changed immediately…

Him: "So... How much would you give me?", he said in a soft voice…

Me: "I'd give you $1500 tax and DROS inclusive in cash right now"

Him: "No way! It took me five years to get one in 7.5"

Me: "Maybe so but I can find a BNIB one online today for $1700 and do the transfer across the street (Gun Room). This one's cylinder has been turned and the scratches on the barrel are deep enough to rate it in very good unused condition but it's nowhere near mint or even near mint."

Him: "I can buff these scratches out…", as he inspected the finish.

Me: "There's no way you're getting those out without re-polishing and bluing which will destroy its factory finish and value."

Him: "The least I can go is $2100", as he was putting the gun back in the display hoping I might play further or bite on his offer.

Me: "Well good luck then"


------------PART TWO--------------

So I find the Colt SAA I'm looking for out of state and start calling shops to set up the transaction thinking it would be a breeze. Nobody seems to do state-to-state transactions anymore which is respectable I suppose... So I panic and call Wild Bills

Them: "Bills" (that's their greeting)

Me: "Uh, hello, I'm trying to do a state-to-state transfer and..."

Them: "What is it?" (interrupting me)

Me: "A Colt SAA"

Them: "We typically don't do transactions of guns we carry"

Me: "You currently carry a Colt SAA with factory ivory? Can you make an exception as I've purchased guns from you before and have been a long customer..."

Them: "IT'S NOT ON THE LIST!"

Me: "It's a single action revolver with 5.5" barrel; it's EXEMPT."

Them: "It's not on MY list!"

Me: "Well, okay, but..."

Them: ***Dial Tone***


Needless to say I won't be returning to Wild Bill's Old West Trading Company ever again!

Last edited by sierra11b; 09-05-2013 at 3:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2013, 4:02 PM
Beelzy's Avatar
Beelzy Beelzy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central,Ca
Posts: 8,084
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

So par for the course......they hassled me one time as well. One time only.
__________________
. Fortune favors the Bold.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2013, 4:32 PM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 148
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

That was my initial vow but I needed an FFL transfer quick as I already purchased the gun. Knee jerk decision on my part... Bills was the fifth local shop I called but I got lucky on my next try.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2013, 1:59 PM
crob crob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stockton
Posts: 472
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Wild Bill's can suck a fat one. Went in there one afternoon trying to help my pop find a deer rifle for my brother. As I put one foot halfway between the display cases and leaned forward to try and read a tag on one particular rifle, one of the guys came running over with his hand on his pistol. Told me to take a step back because "he didn't want to have to shoot me today". Joking or not, that is not the kind of stuff you tell a customer. I may have leaned in a bit too far for their liking, but a simple "can you please take a step back, I will grab that rifle for you to look at" would have sufficed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2013, 2:09 PM
ptusa ptusa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 863
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I just go there for the dusty neon beer signs so IMO they rule...



Not.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2013, 2:18 PM
ptusa ptusa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 863
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob View Post
Wild Bill's can suck a fat one. Went in there one afternoon trying to help my pop find a deer rifle for my brother. As I put one foot halfway between the display cases and leaned forward to try and read a tag on one particular rifle, one of the guys came running over with his hand on his pistol. Told me to take a step back because "he didn't want to have to shoot me today". Joking or not, that is not the kind of stuff you tell a customer. I may have leaned in a bit too far for their liking, but a simple "can you please take a step back, I will grab that rifle for you to look at" would have sufficed.
You should have said:

"****- You shoot in in a dream, you better wake up and apologize."

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-06-2013, 3:27 PM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 148
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Let me guess... It was the guy with the pony tail or the cleaner cut white guy in his mid 40s to early 50s always boasting to customers about his Force Recon days... Funny, when I inquired about his service and said I too jumped out of perfectly good airplanes in my day he had nothing to say to me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-06-2013, 4:18 PM
crob crob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stockton
Posts: 472
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Honestly don't remember what the guy looked like, just remember him being a bit older than me
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2013, 6:18 AM
spetsnaz's Avatar
spetsnaz spetsnaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,501
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Bought my first gun from there. Had a good experience with my first gun but started being a repeat customer and was treated like **** so i moved my business calguns and river city.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-07-2013, 6:41 AM
XxWoodsHunterxX's Avatar
XxWoodsHunterxX XxWoodsHunterxX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: calaveras county
Posts: 1,292
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

That joke of a store is very unprofessional. Father bought two pistols from them totaling around $2100 including 5 mags and two holsters. Three of the so called factory colt mags he bought didn't eject, had to be manually pulled out with force. So my father went back, mind you " one week" later to let them know and see if they would exchange. Fat old man in there looked at my father and said sorry buddy not my problem Figure it out on your own.
Then my dad said I just bought them and
he said ill give you five bucks each to return them.

He spent $39 a piece. Apparently they don't warranty anything they sell according guy since they are not the manufacture just the retailer and any and all warranties must be done through manufacture. Will never do any business there again nor will I advise anyone to due to poor customer service. Took three visits and me proving that the magazines were colt oem since they could not find in their records who they purchased them from before a lady after getting pressure from me and other on lookers gave in and exchanged them for some new ones that worked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so lay off the spelling critique. Thanks

Last edited by XxWoodsHunterxX; 09-07-2013 at 7:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-07-2013, 7:45 AM
67goat 67goat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 828
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

They're still open because they have the largest selection around (for handguns, anyway). To be honest, I have had bad experiences at every shop in a 50 mile radius except for the little shop in Lodi that is closed now and the consignment place that opened a year or two ago in Elk Grove, but they were/are both small with limited selections. There's also a place in Turlock (Alquist) that is pretty good, but they don't usually have what I am looking for. Rude, unknowledgable, uncaring workers/owners with poor customer service seems pretty much the norm to me in the LGS world. So it doesn't surprise me that those factors haven't caused them to go out of business. I am, however, surprised that an audit hasn't shut them down yet.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-07-2013, 10:20 AM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 148
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

It's true that area Gun Shops are notorious for customer service. Aside from Bills I've never had many great experiences at Wild Sports over the years but at least there's an older gentlemen there who's nice and willing to help IF he happens to be working. But I've never felt flat-out unwelcome there like I do at Bills.

As mentioned about the state-to-state transfer, I called four other local stores besides Wild Bills but got straight answers on their policy which contained no ambiguity. Although inconvenient at least I can respect their business decision.

Finally on my sixth try Just Guns pulled through and I have been pleasantly surprised so far. I gave them the wrong email for the FFL and they were patient with me and have kept great communication about what step they're currently at with the seller. There's not a snowball's chance in hell I would have gotten that level of service from Wild Bills.

I've always had decent experiences at River City as well... They're usually quite busy but they're well staffed and most of the guys there are quick to help and fairly personable. I imagine they get a lot more riffraff and have more of a reason to give crap service than bills off grant line rd. Maybe for that reason whenever I visit River City I'm a little more sympathetic to their clientele and come in with a thicker skin.

Last edited by sierra11b; 09-07-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Hoop's Avatar
Hoop Hoop is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn
Posts: 11,396
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

Worst one I ever had was a FTF transfer at Wild Sports they took about 2 hours to do it and then made me buy a gun lock as it was a pistol (they said the safe affidavit doesn't matter). Would never go there again.

Last time I went to Wild Bills one of the idiot geezers working there made a smartass comment but the other employees were relatively polite. IMHO, their prices are ludicrous but that is their business.

Funny how the OP talks about the Gun Room as if they are way better. Their prices and service are horrible as well.

The places I have had more-or-less good service have been TDS, Sportsmans Warehouse, and the Gun Range place off north Watt. Not that there haven't been hiccups but they were always polite and at least made an effort.

Last edited by Hoop; 09-07-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:42 PM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 148
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I only mentioned the Gun Room as a means to negotiate with Wold Bills by suggesting I could do the transfer after buying the same gun on GB they were selling and at third of their asking price. But, as it turned out, couldn't have done the transfer at the Gun Room anyway as they were one of the gun stores I called after making the hasty out-of-state Colt SAA purchase.

Although I've never had an experience that left a cheek-to-cheek grin on my face after leaving the Gun Room, I have yet had an experience there that would prevent me from giving them my business ever again. YMMV

Last edited by sierra11b; 09-07-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-07-2013, 1:18 PM
Randall Randall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Well, I must be the exception to the rule, because I've done lots of business at Wild Bills in the past doing FFT's, rifle purchases, and one internet purchase, and have never had a bad experience. What you said about them not doing out of state transfers on firearms that they carry in stock is true. I've heard them tell customers that as well. Cant say that I've been in there in the past year as I don't like standing three deep at the counter...Which happens a lot there.

The Gun Room, on the other hand, has been permanently crossed off my list of establishments I'm willing to buy from. I've done exactly one firearms transaction there. Never again. Their staff was horrible. I took my son to a his first hunter safety program there...the owner ran it. The man is a tool. He had no business being involved with teaching young hunters anything. Never again.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-07-2013, 2:57 PM
Jet Setter's Avatar
Jet Setter Jet Setter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRK
Posts: 4,908
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

How sad. I have never heard anything good about them. I would never go there in any case as it is too far. The icing is the crap customer service and terrible prices.
__________________
같같같같같같같같같같
WTB:
Canik Stingray C Chrome
GP100 6" stainless
Vepr x54r with 23" Barrel
12 gauge O/U with 32" or 34" barrels & removable Chokes



Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-07-2013, 3:12 PM
67goat 67goat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 828
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Most of their prices aren't terrible. Don't get me wrong, they aren't great, but they aren't horrible. They certainly are lower than the Gun Room. They were higher than RCGX before the craziness, but RCGX raised prices much more than Bill's did. The last few times I've done a comparison, RCGX was higher. Really, almost nobody in NorCal/central valley has great prices. Alquist, in Turlock, has really decent prices before the panic (they might still have, I haven't been there since last year). But for me, the cost in gas eats any savings up. Nobody around here has anything close to internet prices, and most of the places charge so much for OOS transfers that there is no savings. I was once quoted $75 at RCGX for a gun they couldn't order and $150 for one they could (whether their distributor had it in stock or not).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-07-2013, 9:33 PM
Trainman Trainman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Try Discount Shooters Supply, in Roseville. They are great. Also, CalTac on Douglas Blvd in Roseville is a very well run store. Very polite.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2013, 7:06 PM
Silentarrow Silentarrow is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Looking intently through my scope, slowing my breath.
Posts: 144
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob View Post
Wild Bill's can suck a fat one. Went in there one afternoon trying to help my pop find a deer rifle for my brother. As I put one foot halfway between the display cases and leaned forward to try and read a tag on one particular rifle, one of the guys came running over with his hand on his pistol. Told me to take a step back because "he didn't want to have to shoot me today". Joking or not, that is not the kind of stuff you tell a customer. I may have leaned in a bit too far for their liking, but a simple "can you please take a step back, I will grab that rifle for you to look at" would have sufficed.


You should have called 911 RIGHT then and there. THAT'S a FELONY. BRANDISHING. His weapon is for the protection of LIFE. Your leaning over the counter does NOT threaten anyone's life.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2013, 7:15 PM
Silentarrow Silentarrow is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Looking intently through my scope, slowing my breath.
Posts: 144
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
Well, I must be the exception to the rule, because I've done lots of business at Wild Bills in the past doing FFT's, rifle purchases, and one internet purchase, and have never had a bad experience. What you said about them not doing out of state transfers on firearms that they carry in stock is true. I've heard them tell customers that as well. Cant say that I've been in there in the past year as I don't like standing three deep at the counter...Which happens a lot there.

The Gun Room, on the other hand, has been permanently crossed off my list of establishments I'm willing to buy from. I've done exactly one firearms transaction there. Never again. Their staff was horrible. I took my son to a his first hunter safety program there...the owner ran it. The man is a tool. He had no business being involved with teaching young hunters anything. Never again.
Amen, brother. I unwittingly met a fellow cal gunner there to do a PPT. He came from Stockton and I'm in Elverta. Elk Grove was our agreed upon halfway point. The item I was selling was a complete AR-15 lower. As soon as we walked in there, we were very loudly and in front of other customers told to "GET OUT". WE DON'T ALLOW ANY ASSAULT WEAPONS ON OUR PROPERTY!"

Needless to say I was embarrassed, humiliated and EFFING FURIOUS. I found out later that they actually broke the law by refusing a PPT during normal business hours. I considered calling DOJ, ATF, but gave up and decided to NEVER go there again. I tell everyone I know and whoever will listen to do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-10-2013, 7:37 PM
jcornel's Avatar
jcornel jcornel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 152
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I wanted to special order a Browning Silver Deerstalker 12 gauge. Went to Wild Bills in person to see if they could order it. They told me to wait while they called their Browning rep. I waited around for 45 minutes and the guy that was helping me never came back out of their little office room. When I asked other employees to check status they were rude and told me to wait. I finally gave up and gave a lady working there my phone number and asked that they call me when they found out if they could order it. Needless to say they never called. Poor customer service and a complete waste of my time. Not going back there ever again.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-10-2013, 8:23 PM
SSOUNN's Avatar
SSOUNN SSOUNN is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stockton/Sac, Ca
Posts: 427
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

It's been YEARS I haven't stepped a foot in Wild Bills.. I used to buy plenty of stuff from them.. Brandon the owner was cool at first, then all of a sudden acts like he don't know me anymore.. And the short, fat guy.. (TOM) I think the stuff that comes out his mouth is all Bull.. Sorry to say but No More Wild Bills for me..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-10-2013, 8:29 PM
TripleThreat's Avatar
TripleThreat TripleThreat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,231
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

In the last year I've found a CZ SP-01 and a CZ P-01 as well as a Tactical Solutions 7 inch Buckmark fluted barrel (the exact one I needed). The service is mediacore to fair, I've gotten great prices on all the items. If it wasn't for Wild Bills, I'd have none of these sought after items. If I wait my turn (15-20 minutes) they've always taken good care of me in the end.

Triple
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 PM
18Dmedic 18Dmedic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 601
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I NEVER use Wild Bill's. EVER. I buy about 1 gun a month...give or take...when I'm not deployed. I bought 1 gun there a long time ago and it was ok but the people didn't know Jack and **** about guns and the process to buy one. Nor were they at all helpful.

Just recently before I left for parts unknown, a fellow Cal Gunner and I were doing a PPT after agreeing on a trade here on the forums. He was coming from Stockton or something and he wanted to go to bills so I hesitantly agreed. I try to go out of my way to work with fellow Calgunners when I can. Anyway, they took FOREVER to complete the paperwork. The people behind the counter were contradicting themselves and each other, they did not know or understand the process, and they couldn't even decipher a damn utility bill. Jesus H Christ. To top it off, when my wife got frustrated and tired of waiting in the car, she came in to see what was going on. She told the lady behind the counter to hurry things up. Bad move. Instead of apologizing to us all right there for the inconvenience, the lady proceeds to argue with us. WTF!? Lol I was pretty ticked off. Even the other party to the transaction was apologizing to me for the inconvenience. He expressed his dissatisfaction as well. We will NEVER do business there again. To top it all off, the other Calgunner went in to pick up his new rifle (to Bill's from Stockton), he was told he couldn't...because the lady did not obtain one signature at the end of the form from me. So I get a frantic call from the Calgunner stating I need to go in to bill's again to sign something. GRRRREAT! At this point, I'm deploying in a couple days, scrambling to get things in order at home and my equipment, gear, etc...checked out. Performing other last-minute checks and I have to deal with this Shiite!? Wtf...I got it done but what a hassle that was. Like I said...

...I'LL NEVER USE WILD BILL'S FOR ANYTHING. THEY SUCK! But that's just my experience and opinion. Your experience may differ. But I also have a broken watch...it's also right twice a day! So buyer beware.

I always try to use river city gun exchange. Ask to speak to Kelly. Tell him Tom sent you. He'll make sure you guys get competent and professional service. He is top notch and knows his stuff inside and out. But they are ALWAYS EXTREMELY BUSY. You may be waiting a long while. However, the good thing about them is that they have pretty much any firearm you could want. Their selection is outstanding! Their prices are really decent too. But certain firearms are expensive there.

Last edited by 18Dmedic; 09-10-2013 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-11-2013, 3:16 AM
ZNinerFan's Avatar
ZNinerFan ZNinerFan is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Turlock, CA
Posts: 969
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Don't want to get into details but I have only been there once and it was a terrible experience. I will never ever go back or spend a red cent at that place.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-12-2013, 1:38 PM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 148
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
Needless to say I was embarrassed, humiliated and EFFING FURIOUS. I found out later that they actually broke the law by refusing a PPT during normal business hours. I considered calling DOJ, ATF, but gave up and decided to NEVER go there again. I tell everyone I know and whoever will listen to do the same.
Absolutely. I was talking to a lawyer buddy of mine who was surprised ambulance chasing litigation attorneys haven't baited these sorts of shops going after their massive insurance policies. They do with all sorts of small businesses with ADA claims and such. I'm no attorney but there must be a difference between refusing certain business and the grey area regarding PPT and the law.

Last edited by sierra11b; 09-12-2013 at 1:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2013, 1:57 PM
67goat 67goat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 828
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmedic View Post
I always try to use river city gun exchange. Ask to speak to Kelly. Tell him Tom sent you. He'll make sure you guys get competent and professional service. He is top notch and knows his stuff inside and out. But they are ALWAYS EXTREMELY BUSY. You may be waiting a long while. However, the good thing about them is that they have pretty much any firearm you could want. Their selection is outstanding! Their prices are really decent too. But certain firearms are expensive there.
I've had a completely different set of experiences there. Of the four guys I have talked to about purchasing a gun there, every one of them has given me blatantly false information to try to steer me to a different (more expensive) purchase. And once, my friend and I watched as one of the guys told a customer something was illegal, when he knew it was not, because he didn't like how they customer was dressed (he did look like a gangbanger wannabe). I know that's the reason, because that's what he told us when we asked him for clarification after the other customer left. They all also act like it is some sort of inconvenience to have to deal with customers. Their gun prices didn't exactly skyrocket during the panic, but their ammo prices sure did (and not because they were having a hard time restocking, they are the only shop near here that seemed to have all calibers every time I went in, but people were still buying, even when they were selling Blazer alum 9mm for $35 a box).

I still go there though, because they are all like that (except the two I mentioned previously), and they have consignments.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-12-2013, 2:13 PM
NytWolf NytWolf is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,780
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
Well, I must be the exception to the rule, because I've done lots of business at Wild Bills in the past doing FFT's, rifle purchases, and one internet purchase, and have never had a bad experience. What you said about them not doing out of state transfers on firearms that they carry in stock is true. I've heard them tell customers that as well. Cant say that I've been in there in the past year as I don't like standing three deep at the counter...Which happens a lot there.

The Gun Room, on the other hand, has been permanently crossed off my list of establishments I'm willing to buy from. I've done exactly one firearms transaction there. Never again. Their staff was horrible. I took my son to a his first hunter safety program there...the owner ran it. The man is a tool. He had no business being involved with teaching young hunters anything. Never again.
This. Wild Bill's has treated me with respect every time I go there. Same thing for Wild Sports. I guess it has to do with the attitude too. Just have to understand it's their store, it's their policy.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-12-2013, 9:16 PM
Silentarrow Silentarrow is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Looking intently through my scope, slowing my breath.
Posts: 144
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytWolf View Post
This. Wild Bill's has treated me with respect every time I go there. Same thing for Wild Sports. I guess it has to do with the attitude too. Just have to understand it's their store, it's their policy.

Well, with you being a good employee there, I can see why they'd treat you well.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-13-2013, 6:35 AM
XxWoodsHunterxX's Avatar
XxWoodsHunterxX XxWoodsHunterxX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: calaveras county
Posts: 1,292
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
Well, with you being a good employee there, I can see why they'd treat you well.
Exactly. They respect no person that walks In there. Unless you work there and even the fat old guy Is rude to the two ladies that work there talks to them like their children. Sad.


Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-13-2013, 6:39 AM
XxWoodsHunterxX's Avatar
XxWoodsHunterxX XxWoodsHunterxX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: calaveras county
Posts: 1,292
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67goat View Post

I still go there though, because they are all like that (except the two I mentioned previously), and they have consignments.
And that's why they are still in business cause sheeple take their crap but still do business with them.



Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-13-2013, 6:49 AM
NytWolf NytWolf is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,780
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
Well, with you being a good employee there, I can see why they'd treat you well.
Wow! That means I have three jobs now. I'd like to get compensation for those other two.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-13-2013, 7:40 AM
XxWoodsHunterxX's Avatar
XxWoodsHunterxX XxWoodsHunterxX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: calaveras county
Posts: 1,292
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytWolf View Post
Wow! That means I have three jobs now. I'd like to get compensation for those other two.
Well then your a better worker than most if you can hold three jobs. Lol


Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-13-2013, 9:10 AM
Terol Terol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento County
Posts: 79
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I guess it might have something to do with the time of day, or month. However, I've never had a problem at wild Bills I've bought one handgun there and if they have what I want, will probably buy again.
I did ask about an internet transfer one time, and was told that they would not do them.. okay, their biz, and as far as I'm concerned, their right.
I live in the Laguna side of Elk Grove and do my transfers and purchases from the Shootin' Shack.. It may be a small shop, but great guys to deal with.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-13-2013, 9:21 AM
Ferrum's Avatar
Ferrum Ferrum is offline
Janitors Mop
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,167
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
Amen, brother. I unwittingly met a fellow cal gunner there to do a PPT. He came from Stockton and I'm in Elverta. Elk Grove was our agreed upon halfway point. The item I was selling was a complete AR-15 lower. As soon as we walked in there, we were very loudly and in front of other customers told to "GET OUT". WE DON'T ALLOW ANY ASSAULT WEAPONS ON OUR PROPERTY!"

Needless to say I was embarrassed, humiliated and EFFING FURIOUS. I found out later that they actually broke the law by refusing a PPT during normal business hours. I considered calling DOJ, ATF, but gave up and decided to NEVER go there again. I tell everyone I know and whoever will listen to do the same.
Not a fan of them, but stopped in to window shop this week. Needless to say they had +/- 25 AR's on the back shelf... Hypocrisy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 AM
anbu_yoshi's Avatar
anbu_yoshi anbu_yoshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,483
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

How to they treat LEOs?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-13-2013, 1:11 PM
67goat 67goat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 828
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxWoodsHunterxX View Post
And that's why they are still in business cause sheeple take their crap but still do business with them.



Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All of the shops have about the same level of crap. If there were a shop that had good prices, good selection, and good service, I would go there. But there isn't one store in the area that has those three things. You're lucky if you can get two of those things.

The LGS FUD at almost every store doesn't bother me as I already know what I want when I go in. I'm just looking to see who has it and for the best price. They aren't going to fix anything, or take returns, so their customer service has no effect on how my guns function. I do chose not to get service from the rude or lazy employees of any shop, and I make it known that I won't work with them.

With the fees shops in the valley charge for OOS transfers, online bargains are few and far between and you don't get to inspect until after the order has shipped. Brick and mortar I know right then and there.

If I only spent money at places that did everything right and how I want it, I would hardly be able to buy any guns at all. For that matter, I wouldn't be able to post on this forum because of the way computer manufacturers operate. I wouldn't be able to hold a job because I would be too busy farming to avoid the way food is generated. I certainly couldn't drive any sort of vehicle, unless I built it myself (which would be hard because I would have to mine, smelt, process and work all the various materials needed).

For all your talk of sheeple, I would be willing to bet you do business with at least five businesses a day that you don't approve of. It's a fact of living in a mass produced, mega-corp world (which many people think is the result of a free(ish) market, but in reality free market systems deplore huge multinationals and middle men with nothing to contribute, like ammo flippers).
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-13-2013, 1:22 PM
XxWoodsHunterxX's Avatar
XxWoodsHunterxX XxWoodsHunterxX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: calaveras county
Posts: 1,292
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67goat View Post
All of the shops have about the same level of crap. If there were a shop that had good prices, good selection, and good service, I would go there. But there isn't one store in the area that has those three things. You're lucky if you can get two of those things.

The LGS FUD at almost every store doesn't bother me as I already know what I want when I go in. I'm just looking to see who has it and for the best price. They aren't going to fix anything, or take returns, so their customer service has no effect on how my guns function. I do chose not to get service from the rude or lazy employees of any shop, and I make it known that I won't work with them.

With the fees shops in the valley charge for OOS transfers, online bargains are few and far between and you don't get to inspect until after the order has shipped. Brick and mortar I know right then and there.

If I only spent money at places that did everything right and how I want it, I would hardly be able to buy any guns at all. For that matter, I wouldn't be able to post on this forum because of the way computer manufacturers operate. I wouldn't be able to hold a job because I would be too busy farming to avoid the way food is generated. I certainly couldn't drive any sort of vehicle, unless I built it myself (which would be hard because I would have to mine, smelt, process and work all the various materials needed).

For all your talk of sheeple, I would be willing to bet you do business with at least five businesses a day that you don't approve of. It's a fact of living in a mass produced, mega-corp world (which many people think is the result of a free(ish) market, but in reality free market systems deplore huge multinationals and middle men with nothing to contribute, like ammo flippers).
Five businesses a day not a chance. I grow/ raise my own food, make my own rounds, ill trade ammo for parts before I buy from a store I know has it in stock but is rude. I get more stuff off Calguns and other forums more than I buy from retail stores. Cars yea but I wouldn't buy a gm or Chrysler. Utilities solar, propane. I will air one business I deal with only because there are no good ones I'd satellite Internet. And it eats at me every day. Tv is a joke and rip off. Barter system is ultimately the best option. I may try a shop once if there service is good yea ill use them but if not I will never go back for anything.


Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-13-2013, 2:43 PM
Silentarrow Silentarrow is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Looking intently through my scope, slowing my breath.
Posts: 144
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Just want to say I've bought various items from an online retailer lately and have gotten too notch service and free shipping. I even saw later another place had a lower price so I emailed them and they sent me the difference via PayPal. Ten bucks. Not kidding. Primaryarms.com I think is the website. For retail stuff they have my business from now on. DONE with these local clowns. Can't wait to see FOR LEASE signs in their windows.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-13-2013, 2:47 PM
anbu_yoshi's Avatar
anbu_yoshi anbu_yoshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,483
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
Just want to say I've bought various items from an online retailer lately and have gotten too notch service and free shipping. I even saw later another place had a lower price so I emailed them and they sent me the difference via PayPal. Ten bucks. Not kidding. Primaryarms.com I think is the website. For retail stuff they have my business from now on. DONE with these local clowns. Can't wait to see FOR LEASE signs in their windows.
Who do you use for the DROS or does it not matter in these cases?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.