Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
What we need on a broader level is more people to realize that the 2nd amendment under attack means all the other amendments are just as up for grabs, agree with the 2nd or not.
I couldn't agree more. Uh oh, the muse is upon me!

Standby...

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'll stick this on my facebook too, chances are by the time you read this it will already be there, feel free to use.

First they infringed on the second amendment, but I didn't own guns so I didn't stand up.

Then they infringed on the fourth amendment, but I didn't have anything to hide so I didn't stand up.

Then they infringed on the fifth amendment, but I wasn't in any sort of trouble so I didn't stand up.

Then they infringed on the first amendment, and now I'm afraid to stand up.

I'm even afraid to look at what the other amendments are since they are spying on me.

Well at least I can still ignore these things by watching TV...

For now.

Not one of my best I know, but in a way it's a bit darker.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-06-2013, 1:33 PM
Calguns Addict

The only people on calguns I ever read about being snobbish are EBR owners who are venting frustration that they don't get support from non semi auto repeating rifle owners, Policestate. Once in awhile the hunters complain that non hunters are not supportive. Am I wrong?

The only evidence I ever hear of EBR owner 'abuse' is someone at a range said or did blah, blah, blah.
Old 09-06-2013, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Do you think non semi auto shooters are that dumb? I'm one of the few/ bull****, we ALL support the EBR guys.
You might be surprised. You can actually see the apathy from those not affected here on CalGuns. In another post I singled out the rimfire guys. When rimfires were on the ban list the post discussing it was always at the top of the page. Now that rimfires are exempt you need to go to pg5 of the rimfire board to find it and the last post to it was on 08-Aug (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=803908).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
Just go look in the rimfire forum. When SB347 included rimfires everyone there was up in arms that their 10/22's were going to be considered assault weapons. Now that 347 specifies only centerfire rifles they've all gone back to worrying about which scope to put on their CZ or is a 10/22 better than a 15-22 and have completely quit following impending legislation. They just don't seem to understand that they are going to be the target in the next legislative session.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
Old 09-06-2013, 2:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

I just started hunting with a bunch of bolt action guys. NONE of them like my Semi Autos, and don't understand why I think I need them.

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 09-06-2013, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
I just started hunting with a bunch of bolt action guys. NONE of them like my Semi Autos, and don't understand why I think I need them.
for military style mass destruction, obvs.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
The only people on calguns I ever read about being snobbish are EBR owners who are venting frustration that they don't get support from non semi auto repeating rifle owners, Policestate. Once in awhile the hunters complain that non hunters are not supportive. Am I wrong?

The only evidence I ever hear of EBR owner 'abuse' is someone at a range said or did blah, blah, blah.
To me it's simple: we should all be supporting each other.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Semi-auto, bolt, lever, muzzle-loader. If it shoots bullets at something you can hunt what difference does it really make?

Now those guys who use a traditional longbow to hunt, okay that's pretty skillful and although I wouldn't want to try that myself (at least not at this point in time) I respect that.

As long as they are using the proper calibers for the game they are going for to ensure they take it and it doesn't just run off bleeding for hours on end then I don't see what difference the action, or the look makes.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
I have nothing against using the "cartridge box" if all other options have been tried and failed. It's a CYA thing; if/when the next revolution occurs you want to be able to point to history and say, "We tried all peaceful options first and, through their actions, they left us no other choice".

My 2 cents...

-Ruskie

The colonists repeatedly petitioned King George to redress their grievances, and repeatedly they were ignored. They did everything they could to remain free men peacefully, but in the end they were faced with the choice, fight or cease being free.

History repeats.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
The colonists repeatedly petitioned King George to redress their grievances, and repeatedly they were ignored. They did everything they could to remain free men peacefully, but in the end they were faced with the choice, fight or cease being free.

History repeats.

And they didn't make the first move to war either. The British did when they tried to seize arms (which is of course the first move to a crackdown, and one we have seen repeated since in other places at other times).

Disarm as much as you can first: then crack down after.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-07-2013, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Respectfully,....you should consider hunting with a different bunch of guys...
Old 09-07-2013, 9:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

One guy says "He's getting the machine gun" and seemed genuinely scared. And these are hard core hunters.

BUT I think I can turn them to the dark side

Deer season starts next week and I'm the one that has all the cameras and knows where the bucks are so they'll be OK. They respect my knowledge so I'm sure they will give semi's a chance.

When we get a chance to do some shooting (I have some cool targets) they will have fun.

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 09-07-2013, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrage View Post
Stop with the suggestions that people need to call, write, or fax their representatives on this matter. If you think that civil participation is still a viable route to ensure we keep our liberties, then you should turn all of your guns in now to save you the time of handing them in later.
Exactly. The people in the "call, write and fax your representative" crowd are the same people who think every vote counts in a major election. Neither matter. Its already a done deal behind the scenes by corrupt corporations and politicians. Not a single thing you can do about it.
Old 09-08-2013, 3:32 AM

By the way POLICESTATE your line:

"Well at least I can still ignore these things by watching TV..."

will only be true until Internet-enabled televisions are ubiquitous and the NSA is archiving video in your home from the TV control systems' face cams. I know that part of your list is more or less tongue-in-cheek, but I haven't seen much mention of how the next Gen of TV's is going to give us universal in home video surveillance, a la "1984".
Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 PM

After the long gun registration in 2014,the next step is any bolt action rifle that has a scope of more than 4x magnification will now need to be registered as an assault weapon "Sniper Rifle". And will be non transferable. >>>
Old 09-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJunkie View Post
By the way POLICESTATE your line:

"Well at least I can still ignore these things by watching TV..."

will only be true until Internet-enabled televisions are ubiquitous and the NSA is archiving video in your home from the TV control systems' face cams. I know that part of your list is more or less tongue-in-cheek, but I haven't seen much mention of how the next Gen of TV's is going to give us universal in home video surveillance, a la "1984".
Well that's because nobody is really talking about it.

Most people don't and won't even think about it.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-08-2013, 10:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing4u View Post
After the long gun registration in 2014,the next step is any bolt action rifle that has a scope of more than 4x magnification will now need to be registered as an assault weapon "Sniper Rifle". And will be non transferable. >>>
Probably not that far-fetched.

How about those bolt-action rifles than have detachable magazines? For instance my Enfield? It won't matter to the legislature that they aren't designed for swappable magazines, all they will care about if/when they think about it is that the magazine can be easily removed and a fresh one inserted. In the hands of a practiced shooter it's quite easy to cycle and accurately fire that rifle.

Just look what Lee Harvey Oswald did with that Carcano and it didn't even have a detachable magazine.

This is why eventually, all repeating firearms will face restrictions/bans.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-09-2013, 8:23 AM
Calguns Addict

VaderSpade there is a good link on thetruthaboutguns on how the anti gunners will frame the hunting rifle and bring it down. " what do you need a gun that is only designed to kill at long distance? And have a scope for pinpoint accuracy at over 600 yard head shots, any scope over 4x is a deadly sniper scope and nobody needs more than a bow and arrow to kill a deer"
Old 09-09-2013, 1:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
VaderSpade there is a good link on thetruthaboutguns on how the anti gunners will frame the hunting rifle and bring it down. " what do you need a gun that is only designed to kill at long distance? And have a scope for pinpoint accuracy at over 600 yard head shots, any scope over 4x is a deadly sniper scope and nobody needs more than a bow and arrow to kill a deer"
And it will be difficult to use the argument of using a rifle with or without a scope make hunting more effective which means food on the table because you can just buy food at your local supermarket and thus hunting is more of a sport rather than a necessity.

Government Official Lies