Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-06-2013, 5:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordo View Post
Yes. I'm beginning to know what Stag, Magpul, and a bunch of other manufacturers are feeling now that they can't sell to citizens of their home states. All hopes rest on Brown now.

Thordo
Why, is UPS going to give us all a package deal to move us out of state?

Oh, you're talking about Moonbeam...

"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
-Anton Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
Old 09-06-2013, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
thats because its taking "too long" to slide into the ocean. If we would just hurry up and slide away then bad policy could no longer escape our borders

*spoken of course from an out of state, California is dragging down the whole of America, point of view
It's not fair to blame it all on CA. MA, NY, NJ and a few others are helping out.
"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
Old 09-06-2013, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post
That's because they don't think what's happening in CA would happen to them. Needless to say, they are dead wrong. CA and NY are the front line, testing ground for anti-2a bills. If anti-2a effort success here, they will certainly move on and begin to do the same for all other states.

...and if that doesn't work those cesspools will continue to export their brand of progressive politics until they rot your state from within. THIS is the fight, I hope that someone shows up.
Old 09-06-2013, 5:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Succession?: http://www.actionnewsnow.com/content...gtF6nRRqg.cspx

Move to the new state of Cali? I could do that...
I wonder how long it will take to rebuild a medical practice there...
Old 09-06-2013, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
It's not fair to blame it all on CA. MA, NY, NJ and a few others are helping out.
Don't forget MD. Most centerfire rifles with detachable mags in their original, intended configuration will be banned there after Oct 1. This is on top of the standard mag ban that they have had since at least 2000, when I lived there and bought my first gun.

It's so sad that my home state that is full of hunters, sportsmen and 2A supporters, is in the same situation as California when it comes to a couple of urban areas ruling the entire state.

Old 09-06-2013, 6:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleofthesun View Post
I think Colorado was their next test. Ca and NY are their foundation. They should help us take the foundation out from under them.

-Cisco
people in other states do not care. many live in states that this kind of crap will never happen. so why should they care.

if and I really mean if this kind of crap happened in a state that would never pass or even consider laws like this I would tell them "I told you so".

this ^^^ is hypothetical. in this state all things stupid and idiotic start here and spread like herpes.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-06-2013, 7:48 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

This kind of crap can and will happen in other states, even 'safe' states. Look at the states that went for Obongo during the last presidential election. Texas and Florida are next, maybe one of the Carolinas, perhaps even Pennsyltucky.
Old 09-06-2013, 8:48 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
Hate to say this, but sometimes I can't help but think its time for a "danger close" airstrike...

-Ruskie
Ok, this had me chuckling. But I have to agree. Why is one of the greatest, if not the greatest state in the union so f*cked up?
Old 09-07-2013, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Ok, this had me chuckling. But I have to agree. Why is one of the greatest, if not the greatest state in the union so f*cked up?
Because there are 38 million people in California and there are only around 14 million jobs. Several of those jobs are supported in part or full by the state (education, city or county work etc) . The rest of those people are on some form of assisted living from the state and they vote for what ever idiot will keep sending them money to sit on their *** and smoke dope. They don't care about their politics only that they get "their money". The people willing to give those freeloaders money (and state workers raises) are the same ones that hate personal freedoms like gun ownership (Liberals). THAT is why this state is so "F"ed up.

A majority of stupid people voting stupidly for even more stupid people.

Last edited by Carnivore; 09-07-2013 at 9:09 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 3:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Raggedy Edge of the Verse, Fremont, California Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbrass View Post
No, they're not. California gun laws are not seeping into Kansas.
I was out in Wichita in January doing interviews, expanding my team there at the old LSI complex on N Rock..Surprised to see Asians and middle Eastern folks in larger numbers compared to just a few years ago. Locals tell me there are increasing numbers of folks staying after completing at the university. This also include liberals from both coasts.. That and the increased Hispanic population, I give them 8 to 12 years before it turns blue..

From deep inside Area 51

Last edited by Steyr_223; 09-07-2013 at 3:54 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 4:38 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

I swear Assembly Speaker Pro Tempore Nora Campos had a smirk on her face every time she forwarded one of the anti-gun bills this past week.

Voice vote: "All in favor say aye. Opposed? The ayes have it".

And then she would grin. I'm not making this up.