Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-31-2013, 9:20 PM
CGN Contributor

Wild Squid, do you even own a gun?

Quote:
An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free. A. E. van Vogt. (The Weapon Shops of Isher)
Quote:
...all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by... John Masefield
Know our enemy - Liberal Progressives are fascists and traitors to America and deserve lifetime exile at the least. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Fascism
Old 08-31-2013, 9:27 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai58 View Post
Wild Squid, do you even own a gun?

I'm on a photo binge tonight.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 08-31-2013, 9:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk View Post

I'm on a photo binge tonight.
Shouldn't that be the one where he's holding it backwards?

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 08-31-2013, 9:29 PM
My reality show sucks.
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: He only said, "2, lead you're on fire and save the fat one for me"

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3vnqwa/

Itís actually kind of beautiful that in America a large group of people known for owning guns are only feared because they vote.

ďYou are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.Ē
― Harlan Ellison
Old 08-31-2013, 9:34 PM

Troll? False flag operation?

I donated to many pro-gun orgs, including CalGuns affiliated orgs. There's no guarantees that they can do anything.

Your imply that the Calguns lawyers are scammers. I don't believe that. They likely tried everything they could. No guarantee of success. And we're not done fighting yet.
Old 08-31-2013, 9:44 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

First off, some bills left appropriations, that's no stinkin' Waterloo OK? This is, as always, a long fight, and there are still plenty of chances to kills those bills, both in Sac and in the courts.

Second, while CGF's litigation strategy and the quality of some of the counsel they have chosen is certainly worthy of some criticism, they don't have jack to do with what happens in Sacramento, and as far as I know never claimed to. Blaming them makes about as much sense as a football bat.

Your patronizing comments toward members here aside, what was your grand RKBA strategy? Mock people on the internet? Even CGF has done a hell of a lot more than you.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 08-31-2013, 9:47 PM

Click on offending users name
Select "View Public Profile"
Click on "User Lists" pulldown
Select "Add to Ignore List"

ET1 - U.S. Navy, Retired

Politicians take note...

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic..."
Old 08-31-2013, 9:50 PM

whimpSquid,
You tell me what you've done for the fight. Until then your just another a##hole stinking up the place. Typical Saturday night drunk post I see on every forum I visit from guitars to the best new HDTV. Sober up and come back in the morning.

NRA - Life member
SAF - Life member
GOA - Member
CalgunsFoundation - Supporter

Last edited by cjc16; 08-31-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Old 08-31-2013, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Squid View Post
If any of you are going to flame me for what I've said, then just be sure to mean what you say. Don't be on anyone else's bandwagon trying to find strength in numbers. I have no respect for those types. Obviously I speak my mind and I can take it as well as dish it.
Actually, I don't see you dishing it at all. You have said nothing but unfounded accusations, and have presented no alternatives. How is that dishing it. It is easy and immature to be only a critic, and just ***** and moan and say I told you so. What's your better game plan? What are your better alternatives?
Old 08-31-2013, 9:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Why should I delete my account? I am an active member on other parts of this forum. I have participated in meaningful threads, I have bought and sold guns and gun parts in the calguns marketplace. I just call it like I see it. But thanks for your meaningful contribution to this thread.
Three whole itrader ratings since 2008? Sounds like the same participation that you are doing in fighting against the draconian efforts of the left

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 08-31-2013, 9:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazdat View Post
Click on offending users name
Select "View Public Profile"
Click on "User Lists" pulldown
Select "Add to Ignore List"
NOTE: This requires that you surrender your Man Card.

Truly offensive folks always get removed by Ban Hammer anyway.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 08-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Long Beach, Strong Beach, Tha LBC, Wrong Beach, Wass Yo Name Foo?

Those soldiers at the Alamo were jerks for not winning that battle...

Vote for pro-gun candidates, or lose your rights, and the rights of future generations. That's it. The end.

"No one said life would be easy".
Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH View Post
WOW the antis are going to love this thread..................eating their own
It's one of their own.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Internet Warrior

Quote:
I am here to gloat and say I Told You So.

Yay for the retarded kid.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 PM

I believe it's called mentally challenged these days but in this case retard seems more appropriate. I feel for the sucker standing near this douche at the range. That is if he even owns a firearm.

NRA - Life member
SAF - Life member
GOA - Member
CalgunsFoundation - Supporter
Old 08-31-2013, 10:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Trolling troll is trolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Might as well go to your local PD and just give up all your firearms. While you're at it, drive down to the border and help a bunch of illegals into the country.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Janitors Mop

Quote:
Perhaps some of you remember me a while back I posted about how you guys who donated to Calguns Foundation and its lawyers were all just suckers. I am here to gloat and say I Told You So. I told you those guys never did anything for improving the 2A in CA and never would. Now here we are on the brink of a major @$$ whupping with the Appropriations, and I don't see those guys who collected your money anywhere in sight telling you to not fear and that they'd do something about it. Where are they now? They knew all along they couldn't do jack squat but did they tell you to stop donating money to a lost cause? Nope.

How much money did they get off you suckers in the last 5 years? $$Millions?? They predicted 2A rights would start improving real soon and here we are losing more and more by the minute. Do you even feel cheated at all? I know I would.

Listen, I think Calguns is cool and all to talk about guns, learn about guns, the marketplace and other stuff. But this whole donating thing to some crook lawyers who gave you all false hope is some serious bullspit.

How do you feel about how much difference your donations made now with the Appropriations @$$ whupping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
From the CalGuns Foundation's "About" page:

Please elaborate where CGF portends to be a legislative activist organization? Methinks you are trying to mix the apples and oranges and then draw unfair comparisons.

Now, go away troll.
^^^^^ This!

It was up to the California gun owners to voice opposition! Bottom line, it fell on deaf ears... That's our part.

CGF is around to litigate unfair and unconstitutional guns laws, not act as a lobbying group. Bottom line is, CGN advocates and helps "herd the cats" prior to these measures getting to the governors desk, once they are enacted into law, that's when they go to work!

You can't litigate what isn't law yet!

Out of curiosity, how many times did you pick up the phone and call your reps during this ordeal? I have a pretty good guess...
Old 08-31-2013, 10:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
From the CalGuns Foundation's "About" page:

Please elaborate where CGF portends to be a legislative activist organization? Methinks you are trying to mix the apples and oranges and then draw unfair comparisons.

Now, go away troll.
OP, you gonna just pass right over this tiny little detail?

Or would you like to "dish out" a reasonable correlation between the legislatures actions and CGF? Rhetorical question, you can't because 501c3's are not able to get heavily involved in political lobbying/action.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

I bet this guy is one of oaklanders friends.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Perhaps some of you remember me a while back I posted about how you guys who donated to Calguns Foundation and its lawyers were all just suckers. I am here to gloat and say I Told You So.
Even if you were completely correct about it all, it had to be tried. On what basis would you disagree with that?
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...
Old 08-31-2013, 11:19 PM

I donít know if there is any credit to the ops claim. But one can begin to wonder when you see things like the new laws passing.
One thing that made me wonder was today as I went out to buy a rifle I was surprised as to how many people with gun interest, knew nothing of the new laws.
I talked with a few friends I havenít talked with in a while and in 3 sporting good store (that sell guns or the gun counter) I heard and talked with about a dozen or so that knew nothing, hadnít heard about it or didnít know what was going on.

Now advertising on this web site will get you a few to catch on and a few that will be active but to get the message out to the masses there should have been some advertising else where.

The dedicated few who troll the gun website donít make up the masses that actually own gun. Those that may own a gun and only use it a few times a year may never see these websites. They may never get the word till itís too late.
I fell into this category while I was in the military. I owned a gun, I lived in Cali, yet I never heard of the high cap mag ban which started Jan 2000. I would have stack up on 30 rd mags which would have been easy for me if I knew.

My point is the word needed to get out much better then it is. This is like a presidential campaign and the word needs to get out. We all know how Obama used the media to get his word out. He used that medium quite well, Iíll give him that.
We needed to do better in getting the word out. The few on this site who get informed, that try to get the word out, that sent emails, just isnít enough.
I seem to talk to someone new through-out the work week, and try to inform then and all they can say is ďwow I didnít know thatĒ. But if I thought they will continue passing the word I would be mistaken. Trying to pass the word is like a sale pitch; maybe one in ten will pass the word. On top of that, to many, talking about guns itís almost like a taboo, especially in California.

I donít know but there needs to be a regroup and look over the attack strategy and maybe come up with a new approach and hope we can salvage some of the ground we lost.

I hope some of you can understand what Iím trying to say, I may not be explaining it as well as I would like.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:23 PM

Old 09-01-2013, 12:01 AM

I bet this jack @$$ isn't doing his own part. You want to complain, you too should be calling and emailing these ignorant politicians. You want change, you take part in it.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonysmanifesto View Post
If there is a gunowner in the U.S. and California who is unware that gun control is kind of a hot topic, or that the sky is blue or any other shocking revelations, just walk away.
I donít think this is what we should do. We canít just cater to those who use their guns a few times a week. We need to get all and any who use guns or own guns on board, the number can make the differences between a hand full and a truck load.
We can get on this site, check out other sites, watch the news and try and keep up with events but thatís not everyone (as in to each his own). There are people out there that donít watch or even own a TV and news to them is just what they read, see or word of mouth. Weíre all different and have different likes, dislike, habits.
You know there are some out there that still believe the world is flat.
Do we neglect those who do not do as we do or have our habits? If we can educate them we can add to our cause, donít you think.
Of the doz or so I talked to these pass few days if 2 or 3 become aware it still adds to our numbers.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Banned

I feel so betrayed! All this time I have been reading debates on how much Glocks suck, I have really just been fed all this "bullspit" propaganda.

Does this mean that Glocks actually don't suck?? Now I am confused...
Old 09-01-2013, 2:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

OP lashing out at CGF and blaming them for lost legislature is wrong.

Donating and support on your part doesn't guarantee an absolute result, as is the case with everything else in life. if you are unhappy with one entity or the other..blame the appropriate one; either yourself or CA law makers...but don't blame the proxy between the two.

Last edited by Germz; 09-01-2013 at 2:55 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 3:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
I don't think we should blame calguns. We should blame the lazy gun owners that don't call, email or send letters to the people in charge of California. If we kept up the pressure or if we still keep up the pressure they will know. We shouldn't give up yet. Fight to the last fight. Only cowards give up when the light at the end of the tunnel fades. Keep fighting and don't give in.
this isn't even on the gun owners who DON'T send emails or write letters...the people in charge are not going to be swayed no matter how many letters you send

just think about it, would you change your stance on guns just because you received a bunch of letters? well, neither will they...unfortunately, short of storming the Capitol, we don't have many options available...we need to get the right people seated, who are willing to go to bat for us, and, protect our Constitution...we don't have that right now Moe, we have vile, unconscionable people sitting, whose only agenda is to weaken the people

I don't agree with the OP either, it's not the fault of lawyers that it takes literally years to unravel the damage these new laws create, plus, I've lost faith in our judicial system, they seem to lack the backbone to correctly rule on cases, forcing it into even more time delayed, up the ladder appeals

our adversary has a great advantage over us...they can push these Bills into laws, in a relatively short period of time, then, sit and wait while it takes years to be heard by the courts...it's almost strategic on their part, and, its working

"We want food, medicine, and one of those cows" - Daryl Dixon TWD
Old 09-01-2013, 3:51 AM
Calguns Addict

lol this guy again? Seriously?

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.
Old 09-01-2013, 5:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yea I'll clarify for ya. Any pink fresh hippy law school grad could take on these civil cases.

In the grand scheme of things, that's just a drop in the bucket and does not require $Millions of dollars in funds does it? I'd like to see factual data how much has been donated to CGF and if you're interested, how much was used for the so called civic cases.
So!, you admit that CGF does at least some good things; now we are just haggling about the price.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 09-01-2013, 5:27 AM

Don't be harsh on him guys. I'm sure Mr. I'm a Complete ******* does an excellent job of advancing the cause of gun owners in California when he's not trolling Calguns.
Old 09-01-2013, 5:43 AM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If any of you are going to flame me for what I've said, then just be sure to mean what you say. Don't be on anyone else's bandwagon trying to find strength in numbers. I have no respect for those types. Obviously I speak my mind and I can take it as well as dish it.
So it is all about you? All of us as well as CGF should be concerned that you are unhappy with the current state of affairs? And you create a thread to gloat?

Things take time. You sound like an impatient, spoiled child.

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016
Old 09-01-2013, 6:18 AM

If we don't hang together, we shall most certainly hang alone....
Old 09-01-2013, 7:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBatty View Post
If we don't hang together, we shall most certainly hang alone....
You're under the assumption that the poster of such diatribe really cares about the Second Amendment. When he's really here to agitate.
Old 09-01-2013, 7:03 AM

Old 09-01-2013, 7:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post
our adversary has a great advantage over us...they can push these Bills into laws, in a relatively short period of time, then, sit and wait while it takes years to be heard by the courts...it's almost strategic on their part, and, its working
OK, I realize OP's a POS troll (or he was drunk) now, after not responding to several clear/poignant replies, but something else hit me when reading teddy's post above.

Threads like these are literally a parallel to that struggle. OP posts pathetic, ignorant, naive rant and we spend several pages and hundreds of replies picking apart his points and positions.

And don't think that doesn't have to be done. If OP's post was to stand and no one reply, that ignorance would spread and spread. Newbs and casual calgunners would read it and think "yeah, why n't those bastards stopping dem other bastards up in the capitol? Screw both of 'em." Then we've lost another potential friend to the cause.

Back to my original point, how much time do we spend combating BS like this? Way too much... way too much.
Old 09-01-2013, 7:45 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH View Post
WOW the antis are going to love this thread..................eating their own

ain't that the truth?! they don't need any more help and yet some just can't resist helping them anyway.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 09-01-2013, 7:46 AM
Banned

Good morning MR.Squid!

You have seem to take apples and oranges and made fruit salad with your post.

I too am disappointed with the CGF litigation track record!

Why are you mixing CGF and politics with what is going on in SAC?

CGF by law can't lobby politicians in SAC so, your post makes no sense what so ever and you are making yourself look a little (a lot) under educated.

Even if CGF got shall issue in the entire world via the courts, that would not stop politicians from creating new laws against it. Thats why they are law makers. PLEASE! Back away from the screen, make your lunch pale and proceed to middle school.

FWIW i have not been a huge CGF fan but they have done some good things when it comes to helping people who get arrested out of a false arrest and clarifying CCW laws to sheriffs.
Old 09-01-2013, 7:49 AM
Lifetime Contributor #1

I disagree with the OP. Further, reading his post history shows a pattern of behavior that makes shows its ok to dismiss him entirely. I'm not exactly sure why he comes here, but he's certainly a serial agitator, being contrary just for the sake of it.

Moving on...a cgr posted in this thread that hes noticed that many firearms enthusiasts are unaware, or only peripherally aware of the reach that these new laws have, and that, even as big as cgn has become, it still only reaches a small slice of CA gunowners. Those who come here regularly know these new laws inside and out. We spend a lot of time wondering why the average CA voter doesn't "get it".

With that, I think much can be done still to raise awareness, parrallel to our efforts to sway legislature, and failing that, force the issue in the courts.

I vote we hijack the OP's thread, and instead turn his pedantic rant into a constructive discussion of what else we can do to further the cause.
Old 09-01-2013, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post
I disagree with the OP. Further, reading his post history shows a pattern of behavior that makes shows its ok to dismiss him entirely. I'm not exactly sure why he comes here, but he's certainly a serial agitator, being contrary just for the sake of it.

Moving on...a cgr posted in this thread that hes noticed that many firearms enthusiasts are unaware, or only peripherally aware of the reach that these new laws have, and that, even as big as cgn has become, it still only reaches a small slice of CA gunowners. Those who come here regularly know these new laws inside and out. We spend a lot of time wondering why the average CA voter doesn't "get it".

With that, I think much can be done still to raise awareness, parrallel to our efforts to sway legislature, and failing that, force the issue in the courts.

I vote we hijack the OP's thread, and instead turn his pedantic rant into a constructive discussion of what else we can do to further the cause.
This

And on instagram @cti_apparel
Old 09-01-2013, 7:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post

CGF is actually so small it actually hurts its efforts. In fact there is only, what, six people??