Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-02-2013, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds12fu View Post
I will take my "wisdom" elsewhere.
I don't think the negative comment was directed at you because you are trying to find a strategy towards a solution.

The comment you didn't find welcoming was directed towards those that are telling others to give up and leave - this is long thread - read it from the start and that will become clearer.
Old 09-02-2013, 8:33 PM

New York gun owners are united against the SAFE act and are working with a pro 2A law firm to litigate.
The key point is that they are working together and not bickering, and they are making progress.

http://www.ny2agrassroots.com/blog/

The SAFE act is every bit as heinous as SB 374 and the others that we have on the table here in CA.

The difference is that they have hope because they have a strategy and are united.
Old 09-02-2013, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds12fu View Post
Well, thanks for the nice welcome if you were speaking to me. I was venting/brain storming, and asking questions.

California in "general" is screwed, unless we overturn some MAJOR head winds. Not just in the the realm of 2nd ammendment. That isn't gonna just happen at the ballot box. Thats what I was saying. I fight, as much as just one man can.

Sorry if I missed or crapped on the rules. It seemed about right with the thread.

I am third generation Californian. 3rd generation business owner. Single, unmarried, non-home owning. So lets say, the tax man, moon beam, and city hall, are all my proctologists.

I'll leave when I am good and ready. I'll leave when I get pushed out. But I am raising hell while I am here. Now, what I was exploring is.... What do we do if/when these laws pass? Run? Fight? Die? Jail?

What would you do?

Now, I will just take my crap somewhere else. Really welcoming buddy. Is this how Calgunners treat new comers? I may as well go back to contacting my reps who don't listen, cops who don't care about real criminals, paying taxes for people who don't, and voting in elections which have been going really well lately... and doing it all in a foreign language. I will take my "wisdom" elsewhere.
I am sure nothing is directed at you my man, IMO, that was just a general post on folks that is advocating packing and leaving to another state.

You more than welcome here Partner, we are bunch of warriors out here, though we might once in a while snap at each other,we still stick together just like a Football team to win the Game... feel me playa... aighttt..
Old 09-02-2013, 9:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDogUSMC View Post
In not trying to make anyone look ignorant. If you can't see the anti gun effort as an elemant of a far larger issue, then you are the ignorant one. This is only one item on a huge scale liberal agenda.

And tell me: what were the political affiliations of those protesters that shot down the LA freeways after the Treyvon Martin ruling. Maybe you are the ignorant one who should wake up to the broader picture right in front of you.
uhm uhm SaltyDog,,,, easy my man agh agh ,,,,,, not taking side or trying to insult or disregard your opinion, but the point he was making is somehow true.... who are we to make such a general assumption ???? imagine somebody saying because wacko Adam Lanza is a gun owner all gun owners are equally wacko ..uhmmm?????

We all feeling the pain.......Damn this gun control bills are bringing nothing but the beast out of good folks.......
peace.
Old 09-03-2013, 3:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!
Default 2013 - The front line is California

Give up the fight people. It can't be won. Many of you seem to be living on fantasy island as you think writing letters, sending emails to our so called representatives, and marching is going to make any difference. It won't and anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves at best and dilutional at worst. We've lost. If you want your gun rights as I do then pull up stakes and leave this wasteland otherwise known as California. Life is too short to put up with living in a toilet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

Last edited by Big Jake; 09-03-2013 at 3:43 AM..
Old 09-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Give up the fight people. It can't be won. Many of you seem to be living on fantasy island as you think writing letters, sending emails to our so called representatives, and marching is going to make any difference. It won't and anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves at best and dilutional at worst. We've lost. If you want your gun rights as I do then pull up stakes and leave this wasteland otherwise known as California. Life is too short to put up with living in a toilet!

dont have to give up the fight, but emailing die-hard-to-the-bone liberals to not vote one way or another is %100 useless. they know where we stand and they DONT CARE. we need to change our tactics.

with what tactics, I dont know. One thing I DO know, holding on to the hope that moonbeam vetoing the bills is laughable, he has already proved that he is not a friend of freedom. The state is so broke that is the only thing we can hope will get in the way of these passing - no funding.

what I think is that the great men that came before us have already laid it out for us.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Calguns Addict

I've said this before. We need to isolate california by retaking states that are sliding down hill, not spending all our effort in the losing battles.

Imagine what we could do if every gun owner and business owner moved to Oregon, Washington, Texas, and Colorado. Those are battle ground states where powerful PACs could make the difference still.

Here? Even with SCOTUS issuing all the rulings we want, I don't see it getting better. They will just ignore SCOTUS. Stop or I will say Stop again, sort of deal.

I am waiting for a winning tactic to be proposed here.. still have not seen one that works. As we are spending our efforts and energy here our enemy has out maneuvered us and moved behind our lines and we are being cut off.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM

why dont we try to go door to door in cities like Los Angles San francisco san diego and anywhere else people just vote for the name they heard on the tv, and get them to vote for someone who is actually going to help this state instead of screwing it
Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Lightbulb

California is a Democracy now. And the elected officials unfortunately want to pacify Americans for its eventual collapse.

We, the people, have to prepare for every possible contingency we shall take in the name of freedom.

Take it from VP Biden,he said, "Go buy a SIG"
Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 PM

I don't know... Why not host free gun safety day for the general public. Let someone shoot a .22 that never touched a gun before.

My wife was anti 2A due to fear. And now? she wants a closet full of firearms...
Old 09-03-2013, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Give up the fight people. It can't be won. Many of you seem to be living on fantasy island as you think writing letters, sending emails to our so called representatives, and marching is going to make any difference. It won't and anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves at best and dilutional at worst. We've lost. If you want your gun rights as I do then pull up stakes and leave this wasteland otherwise known as California. Life is too short to put up with living in a toilet! [/URL]
Could not have put it better. It's like watching someone trying to punch a hole through a banks vault door. He keeps at it over and over and not a dent appears in the door and he says to himself why isn't this working?
There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.
Old 09-03-2013, 3:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2meterB View Post
I don't know... Why not host free gun safety day for the general public. Let someone shoot a .22 that never touched a gun before.

My wife was anti 2A due to fear. And now? she wants a closet full of firearms...
That's is all I can think of to help the cause. Every gun owner should be taking someone who has never shot out shooting. Simple. A lot of what we are battling is ignorance and fear.
Old 09-03-2013, 4:02 PM

yup. take a libtard to the range... I managed to spin my wife around
Old 09-03-2013, 4:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

While I'm all for taking people who have never held a firearm to the range, this still will do nothing to change what's going to happen here. Life is too short to waste on fighting a battle that can't be won. This isn't pessimism its realism. I'm leaving this s*** hole of a state in a few years and it will no longer be my problem. Suggest all of you consider doing the same or you will eventually lose most gun rights you currently have!

Old 09-03-2013, 4:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchira! View Post
Could not have put it better. It's like watching someone trying to punch a hole through a banks vault door. He keeps at it over and over and not a dent appears in the door and he says to himself why isn't this working?
Thank you for saying So. Finally, some common sense in this thread!

Last edited by Big Jake; 09-03-2013 at 4:58 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 4:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

If you hate this state so much why are you still here?
Old 09-03-2013, 4:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
If you hate this state so much why are you still here?
Waiting for my kids to get a bit older. My oldest son will graduate hight school Summer 2016 and be off to college and my youngest will be old enough to be more independent than he is now. My hatred of this state comes second to my love of my kids and my responsibility to be a good parent to them. I hate this state and its taking all I have to hang in there for a few more years!

Last edited by Big Jake; 09-03-2013 at 5:30 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
That's is all I can think of to help the cause. Every gun owner should be taking someone who has never shot out shooting. Simple. A lot of what we are battling is ignorance and fear.

what about cross Pollination? people just don't seem to realize the gun owners are just regular people enjoying their rights like everybody else.

and organized effort by gun owners doing charitable work might do more for us than any amount of protesting.

like I don't know.. Like open target shooting event for non gun owners with proceeds going to a charitable organization.

probably too much insurance liability but its a thought
Old 09-03-2013, 7:38 PM
Veteran Member

Default Fight-or-Flight Response....

I'm sorry fellas but I was born and raised here in southern california and besides the gun laws & gang bangers I absolutely love it here.. I have too much invested here to ever see myself leaving.
Old 09-03-2013, 8:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

the gun bills that are coming this are from the act of 1 person who killed children that alone should disgust every single human being. these slime balls call themselves representatives of the people they are pathetic creatures who prey on the death of children to shove an agenda that will disarm people who will never break the law they are not stopping criminals with their legislation their goal is to create them.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 09-03-2013 at 8:25 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you for saying So. Finally, some common sense in this thread![/URL]
Your welcome. I will still do what I can to help while I'm still in this crap hole of a state untill I leave (though it won't to jack diddly squat). Hoping in the next 6-12 months. It's like I said in another thread. I would love to just wake up and not have to worry if I'll be a felon today or have to fight some stupid bill. I just wish more people would wake up.

For the ones who say keep fighting, what can we do besides call/fax/email/meet with reps? Vote them out? Psss Cali has to many libtards to let that happen. Recall? Dems would strike it down faster then Flys to well you know what. There are around 38 million people in Cali. We would need at least half or more to force the dems to stop, maybe we could barley scrape up 100-200k people not even a blip in the population radar. So please tell me what can we do besides BOHICA with no lube and some sand and razors and broken glass tossed in?
There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.

Last edited by Panchira!; 09-03-2013 at 10:30 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSteel View Post
I'm a liberal and I'm pro-gun. Free thinking... you should try it.

By the way, Red states are the welfare queens
http://www.businessinsider.com/red-s...-queens-2011-8

I don't take you as the kind of guy who does research though.
Interesting that you picked an article written by a bazinga.com author (a cite known for plagiarism and other unsavory journalist ethics) that has no citations or studies actually validating the facts claimed in the piece.

Also, federal government expenditures compared to federal payments isn't an indication of welfare. One correlation of federal spending in mostly southern states (assuming the article is correct) is that the federal government expends a great deal of resources "securing" southern border states.

Please stop trolling and cite facts when denigrating a group of people and calling them ignorant.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Calguns Addict

There is an entire general discussion section to create your own were doomed and I'm leaving threads.

GO THERE.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:

You want to give up?
You want to run away?

Fine, do it.

But don't get in the way of the people who are fighting in your stead.
Have the good grace to surrender quietly while others fight on.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Janitors assistant

Quote:

I changed your location. Have fun.
Old 09-04-2013, 1:16 AM

Send your thoughts now:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/the-i...2014/askbrown/

Quote:
Dear Governor Brown,

It is imperative that you VETO the following gun control bills before they are allowed to become law:
SB 38
SB 53 (Sen. Kevin de Leon)
SB 293 (Sen. Mark DeSaulnier)
SB 374 (Sen. Darrell Steinberg)
SB 396 (Sen. Loni Hancock)
SB 567 (Sen. Hannah Beth Jackson)
SB 683 (Sen. Marty Block)
SB 755 (Sen. Lois Wolk)
AB 48 (Asm. Nancy Skinner)
AB 169 (Asm. Roger Dickinson)
AB 711 (Asm. Anthony Rendon)

These bills will criminalize and punish me and other law-abiding gun owners. We are peaceful, law-abiding people who want simply to exercise our Constitutionally-enumerated fundamental rights without fear of prosecution and harassment.

Don't let California's Legislature -- openly hostile to law-abiding gun owners like me -- take away our rights, freedom, and property. Don't let DOJ and local law enforcement confiscate my guns and put me in jail because I believe that the Bill of Rights means what it says. Don't let these bills become law.

We are counting on you, Governor, to VETO THESE GUN CONTROL BILLS and send them back to the Legislature.

Thank you very much for your time, consideration, and VETO.

Respectfully,
Old 09-04-2013, 2:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal3nt View Post
I'm sorry fellas but I was born and raised here in southern california and besides the gun laws & gang bangers I absolutely love it here.. I have too much invested here to ever see myself leaving.
That you decision, of course, just be ready to give up most of your gun rights!

Old 09-04-2013, 2:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
You want to give up?
You want to run away?

Fine, do it.

But don't get in the way of the people who are fighting in your stead.
Have the good grace to surrender quietly while others fight on.
With respect Kes....

Fight the good fight if you wish and good luck doing so. In the end you will lose. I'll be enjoying my rights in a free state where the Constitution still matters!

Old 09-04-2013, 6:12 AM
In Memoriam

Jake.

Okay, I think everyone gets your position now. Many people have reason beyond their control why they can not leave, while others are making the choice to stay, either way they're here and they are fighting the good fight to secure what is rightfully theirs. Why don't you either support them or shut the F up and leave already?

At this point at best you're about as helpful and cowardly as a playground bully. At worst you're aiding and abetting our foes. You are the guy in the foxhole whimpering about how all is lost and everyone's doomed.

By your own admission you have thrown in the towel. Pretend as if you have a bit of class and dignity and just leave already.
Old 09-04-2013, 6:26 AM
CGSSA President

ARE YOU FIGHTING or ARE YOU hiding in a corner?

I am requesting people start contacting this traitorous organization.
CGSSA alerts put up on on Facebook through our partners "Californians opposing gun restrictions" and eventually our own facebook sites

CGSSA alerts have been sent to several thousand action minded Californians and I will be asking our Cal GRAA partners to spread the word as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Paul Payne View Post
I'm not urging people to contact any groups at all. However, I am still a little sensitive regarding those people who attacked me/NRA for something we didn't do.
I received the following email:
===================

Subject: AB 711

Need to talk with you or Paul about this when you get a chance. Thanks.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=816421

Mark Hennelly
Vice President, Legislative Affairs and Public Policy
California Waterfowl
(916) 648-1406 ext 105
mhennelly@calwaterfowl.org

1346 Blue Oaks Blvd.
Roseville, CA 95678
fax (916) 648-1665
Visit us on the web at www.calwaterfowl.org!

==========================

Dave and I just called Mr. Hennelly and he asked, "I would like you to clarify what happened at the meeting."

I responded, "As you know, I wasn't there. In fact, nobody from the NRA was permitted to attend that meeting."

As the discussion progressed, I asked Mr. Hennelly to send me CWA's letter of opposition to AB711 so that I could circulate it for him. He informed me that CWA is not in opposition to AB711 because he believes that "lead bans have saved over 1,000,000 birds since lead shot was banned federally."

I explained that lead shot and migratory birds is an entirely different issue than the hunting restrictions proposed in AB711.

We asked for "CWA to reconsider their position and join in solidarity with the other hunters and sportsmen in opposition to AB711." Unfortunately, Mr. Hennelly declined and said that CWA will continue to have a NEUTRAL POSITION on AB711.

I was asked no less than three times, by Mr. Hennelly, to explain the events the occurred during last week's meeting. Unfortunately, I wasn't there so I cannot do so. So, I am simply reporting on the discussion on the phone.

Paul

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”
Old 09-04-2013, 8:06 AM
Calguns Addict

I've contacted them every time for all the good it does.

But I think that we should at least go with what Gene was saying. We are not really after victory here. The pivot point of this battle and why it is worth fighting onward here is that we are structuring the fight to define constitutional minimums.

That is the real goal of the battle.

Though it is my belief that those minimums will be much lower than people expect. I would also expect eternal litigation as California will still try to buck the set minimums, no matter how low, constantly, and yearly.

The problem is we keep trying to sell it like a fight for victory and freedom when it is really not the case since victory is abjectly impossible. Our side is attempting to set the bar as high as possible for constitutional minimums and the other is trying to drive it down as low as possible. A better explanation of the nature of the combat helps people not be so negative.

When you say: "Fighting for VICTORY OVER THE BILLS!" Everyone is going to cough and say BS, because reality is we cannot win there. Now if we are instead maneuvering, keeping pressure, creating a systematic point of evidence of the will of the people to use in court, that is different. Silence gives them victory but being noisy does not seem to help in the legislature. Might help with Brown, might not.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 09-04-2013, 8:20 AM

Think about other civil rights struggles and how impossible the odds seemed. I reject predictions of what is to come because the future is far more malleable than insisted. No matter how difficult, no matter how daunting the road ahead there are those of us who fight not because we feel victory around the corner but because we know we have the truth on our side and that is all we need.
Old 09-04-2013, 8:41 AM

people must be able to do what they believe is right, without infringe on other people's rights...

the taliban has a saying about americans "they have the watch, we have the time"....

in ca, the power grabbers has a saying "we have the watch, and we have the time"...

it'd been very interesting if calguns was around to see what people were saying when the last federal and state aw laws passed...

"I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!!!" A Few Good Men
Old 09-04-2013, 8:58 AM

Quote:
BJ just go away now. You want everyone to fight for you. I don't have hatred for this State. Just for the way it's being ran. If I had the hatred that you claim to have I would pack up and leave. You say you can't leave until after 2016. So until then you're gonna stay in the fetal position, peek out the window and hope their not coming for you ? I don't have a tuck tail and run, loser mentality. And that is not a trait that my son has either. We are going to stay and fight. When his 5th generation California kids are born here, they will be thankful.
Old 09-04-2013, 9:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr250chevy View Post
This is truly a democracy tragedy. I called numerous times per Calguns request. I was NEVER even able to get through to a voice mail on numerous attempts. Clearly there was a significant number of constituents calling as well to express their beliefs towards these proposed laws. The fact that they ignored our plees for our representatives to actually "represent" us shows that our claimed "democracy" and "freedom" is only but a false veil. The government will continue to do whatever they want. If they go too far they will blame it on a single figurehead and we the people will reelect from the disfunctional party system expecting something different the next time.

What are we the people to do when our vote and voices mean nothing? We lost our democracy years ago.

I used to be able to talk about proposed gun laws, and other laws, however now I can't. All that comes to my minds is swear words and anger. I have realized my opinion means nothing, writing my representative means nothing, voicing my views means nothing. I do not have a representative. I have an elected dictator.

My biggest gripe here is NOT that the anti gun laws were passed. It is the fact that democracy has failed. The representatives have failed to represent their constituents as they are supposed to. Our system might be broken. The representatives no longer represent the people, and only represent their party's view points in order to get campaign funds and support....
THIS IS MY FEELING ALSO.

If voting and imploring our representatives counted for anything, they would be outlawed. I read about one person who dilligently called their representative asking them to represent their views. He was persistent. So persistent that he was charged with stalking and/or terrorism - I forget which at the moment. The point being, if they tire of ignoring us, it's a short walk to actually going after us. Look at the national situation. Free speech is being outlawed under the guise of "hate speech". Lawful assembly for pettition of redress of grievances - nope, they outlawed that too, you can't protest wherever the secret service is present, but you can't know where they are present - because they're secret. Gods forbid that someone in elected office should have to see the mass of people they "represent" protesting their actions. Going to go sit in the park, peacefully, and stay there until things change! Good luck! It didn't work for the Occupy movement and they turned out in the streets by the THOUSANDS and stayed there every day for MONTHS. Can you top that? I can't, not and keep a job and take care of my other responsibilities.

They are effectively outlawing any form of persuasive contact with them. Wait and see. Pretty soon it will be judged as "stalking" or "harrassment" to contact your representative more than once on a given issue, or to contact someone who is not YOUR representative even once. They will claim it is a few nut cases in nursing homes tying up their phone lines and effectively preventing the government (them) from performing their functions, a sort of low-grade terrorism or harrassment. They'll craft legislation to outlaw it and pass it in the middle of the night as part of a "must have" bill of some sort, then start enforcing it with no-knock raids to show they mean business. Most of the American public will roll their eyes "what a bunch of nut cases, trying to interfere with the government... whackos..." and click the channel changer on the TV to watch Chef Ramsey ream someone a new orfice over an over-cooked souffle.

It isn't over when we're tired, and it isn't over when THEY'RE tired... it's over when the American people are tired of running the country and hand it over to a group of their "betters" because they're too busy with inconsequential nonsense to actually understand what is going on and take part in the process of ensuring this country is governed according to the ideals of it's founders. By that measure... it was over quite some time ago.
Old 09-04-2013, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

Example: A bunch of people get upset about some issue and call their representative, tying up phone and fax lines, and flooding e-mail inboxes. Well, that is no different than a luddite version of a distributed denial of service attack on a computer network (flooding a computer with so many requests that it breaks down under the load) which is a popular hacker attack on a computer network. The organizer of such an "attack" would be charged with something along the lines of conspiracy to obstruct governement business or some such. Just you wait. It's coming.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

6 posts in and you're starting crap? I believe we have a leftist infiltrator among us.

If you're a liberal democrat and vote that way, you ARE the problem. It is all of your elected officials perpetrating this crime against the Constitution. Why don't your get over your split personality, Sybil, and come to the good side?

As far as research goes, you are a retard if you believe a single word from a contributor to bazinga. As a typical liberal, you play the divisive hate game that promotes ignorance and immorality. Now get out of the pool, its time for the adult swim, Skippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSteel View Post
I'm a liberal and I'm pro-gun. Free thinking... you should try it.

By the way, Red states are the welfare queens
http://www.businessinsider.com/red-s...-queens-2011-8

I don't take you as the kind of guy who does research though.

Last edited by SaltyDogUSMC; 09-04-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
Think about other civil rights struggles and how impossible the odds seemed. I reject predictions of what is to come because the future is far more malleable than insisted. No matter how difficult, no matter how daunting the road ahead there are those of us who fight not because we feel victory around the corner but because we know we have the truth on our side and that is all we need.
As I said in my post I think we have an image problem when it comes to "what we are selling" to our own side. It is true, "victory sells" like "sex sells", but the problem is if we are using that as our pivot point our troops become dispirited because we constantly are losing ground. The image being sold to them is inappropriate to the actual reality and results in lower moral. Now if we sell it like it really is and focus on the long haul with REAL expectations being delivered in the short term rather than pie in the sky optimism we might get less negativity and more hard work. Surprisingly good people will knuckle down for a long drawn out fight if that is the expectation given them.

Then there are other realities to consider. Right now we are on the cusp of creating tens of thousands of new felons. In the day to day reality we will get deprivation of rights (permanently) for people on our side if they resist. If they capitulate they still lose out on a right, but at least don't go to prison.

Reality is that our state government would rather have a gang banger released early to the streets of Oakland than let an otherwise productive member of society out of prison early on an assault weapons charge. Until now the stakes have been pretty low all things told, right now, the stakes are very high, lifetime loss of rights without remose, loss of freedom, loss of property, loss of family, loss of their entire lives. All with the stroke of a pen.

Are we to the point yet that our leadership can honestly come out and say the truth, that those people are looked at as spent assets, casualties of war?

What is a father with a family to do when he is faced with a direct attack on himself and the potential to provide for his family but to leave the state to find safety. To remain is to imperil his family and his future, even if he complies with the laws. The worst is that thousands of men with families are at risk right now and don't even know it. They won't know after the bill is signed into law and they won't know until the handcuffs are put on them and their lives ruined. Are they casualties of our long term fight? Too bad, so sad?

Shouldn't the word be, if you want to be safe and not be at risk of mercurial luck take your family to safety? I am not just talking about gun laws here. There are tons of dangerous and risky laws that threaten small businesses ability to maintain solvency in this State.

Or do we keep selling a pie in the sky to the family men here in the state, knowing that such a position is signing them up to be lambs to the slaughter. War is fought by the young men of a nation, not by families and children. Which is what we are doing and our enemy has no second thought about chewing them up in the process, less of our kind around is a good thing to them.

If you all believe so much in putting families with firearms and without our connections (most people with guns in both this state and outside the state are like this) for an idyllic concept of the war then take me up on my bet. I have made this bet on this forum multiple times over many months and no one has ever taken it. it isn't a lot of money but it puts, publicly, the strength of a persons supposed outlook.

I bet $100 to CGF and $100 to NRA stating the following to be true and will pay if it proves otherwise:
-Any bill that passes and is signed into law will fail to receive any kind of preliminary injunction through our court challenges.
-That of the bills currently that are signed that we will be subject to them in full force for years (lets just say that if we can't get injunction before they take full effect it counts as full force for years).

Money where mouth is. You may try to sell pies in the sky to people, the question is.. will you put money down on such wild hopes? I don't like propaganda, no matter who is spinning it. Give me reality and reason. I can handle a losing hand of poker in this game. The point is that everyone's heads need to be in the right place concerning the reality of this game and what they stand to lose and HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE to get relief. We won't win on wishful thinking.

Last edited by meaty-btz; 09-04-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 9:36 PM

Thanks for your post Meaty. I don't think we have an image problem internally - or if we do that's just a convenient name for something else entirely. Instead I believe, like all communities, that we have our share of fair weather fans. People that are on the side of California 2A struggles only because of their own self interest or their inability to vacate the state. Now that's perfectly well and good to keep an eye out for yourself but it is incongruent with the character required for a civil rights struggle. The mark of delineation I see consistently is in the crowd that wants freedom for the sake of freedom instead of freedom for the sake of convenience. It is the latter crowd hyper-focused on what they will net from our legal and social advancements. The former is dug-in, aware, and ready for the long drawn out struggle we have yet to face. I may today be fighting not for my rights but for the rights of my children, or grandchildren, or theirs.

Would it help our effort if more people took this longer view? I think so. Are there ways we can encourage that? Absolutely, and I think you are right that we should think about this. What I don't agree with is the distinction between families and individuals. I'm not saying they are the same thing, but I don't personally believe many families in California are in perilous mortal danger as some on this forum might suggest. Sure there is crime. Sure there are bad things out there. But when was the last time each of us individually had to draw and fire our weapons? I further disagree with the premise that firearms represent the best security for your family in America. I firmly hold the opinion that money is the best tool for this job. Without guns there is a very good chance I will survive as will my family. Without money there is a very good chance of the inverse. For this reason, the economic opportunity California represents is far too valuable to ignore. For this reason, and my other loves of this state, I will remain here until such a perilous moment arises that necessitates my leave. Should that day come for any man or woman then certainly I can appreciate their familial obligations. I don't hold it against folks that leave for their reasons so long as they can do so without discouraging those who stay.

I'm not sure what the point of your bet is. I think you are better than betting on our failure man.
Old 09-04-2013, 9:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Sounds to me like you're more interested in vanity than rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
I would participate in a march if it made us look like professional law abiding citizens. Not a bunch of rag tag outcasts.

So with that in mind I would happily participate under the following conditions.
1.) It was organized by Brandon, or person appointed by him, and he was the ONLY PERSON that talked to the press. As for every one else they get a standard line for the press. Something simple like "We are asking officials Sacramento to stop creating gun laws that don't work." No personal commentary, ad-hock conversation, and especially snarky or degenerative statements.
2.) Everyone one is completely disarmed. No guns, knives, sticks, pepper spray, etc. This would have to demonstrate that we are good people with education. Not a bunch of Hillbillies. No offense intended to any Hillbillies, of course.
3.) It must be planned in advance. 2 days notice is not enough for people that work or have to travel. 2 weeks minimum, 1 month would be best.
4.) We have a dress code. Everyone dresses appropriately. No silly shirts, torn or clothes, flip flops, combat boots. We should dress like we work in an office. Jeans and a polo shirt at the minimum.
5.) We should have standard signs, and wording. Back to professional and organized.

If we were to march like this, it would not only look professional and organized, but would be professional and organized, like a military unit.