Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manpants View Post
Guys just throwing it out there, I will be on 1170AM KCBQ on the 'The Garage Hour' show representing the San Diego chapter for CGN. I will briefly be bringing up some of the AB and SBs for discussion and to help people get motivated to contact the Governor. 6-8pm tonight. If anyone has specific points they think should be addressed feel free to contact me. You can also stream live here: http://www.kcbq.com/
Good for you, and thanks for the update.

I think San Diego is a city that can be "won" (we already have very pro-2A reps in parts of it, such as Senator Joel Anderson) entirely.
Old 08-31-2013, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21Shooter View Post
I could not agree more. I have donated hundreds and hundreds to the NRA over the years and it really seems like they are doing NOTHING for California. Like you, I am about ****ing over giving them my money, just a bunch of BS lies.
I'm in the same boat! And look we all work f'ing hard and pay taxes, for our government to screw us over even with out the reach around then we pay the NRA to fight for our rights feels like we are stuck in the mud!
Old 08-31-2013, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
Trust me when I tell you DOJ is working on that as we speak. They intend to regulate in such a way as to make conversion to a stock mag catch illegal. This is not a new idea.
Actually I think that they want us to remove Bullet Buttons. Think about it. We all remove them and then next year some asshat will shoot up a vulnerable "gun free" zone with a non BB'd RAW causing them to claim that they tried registration and now the only answer is confiscation of these deadly weapons of war. Taking off bullet button fits into their plan perfectly.
Old 08-31-2013, 1:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

WTF is with all the morons blaming the NRA for Liberals passing anti gun legislation in our crumby state?

The NRA didn't elect the state legislators or the governor, that was you and your relatives.

If your too stoopid to know that the NRA can't stop legislation pushed through by an anti gun majority, then yes, please cancel your membership, mouth-breather.
Old 08-31-2013, 2:44 PM

We're getting our asses handed to us in the 2013 battle of "divide and conquer", guys. I know this will fall on deaf ears, yet again, but it needed to be said.....
Old 08-31-2013, 2:58 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manpants View Post
Guys just throwing it out there, I will be on 1170AM KCBQ on the 'The Garage Hour' show representing the San Diego chapter for CGN. I will briefly be bringing up some of the AB and SBs for discussion and to help people get motivated to contact the Governor. 6-8pm tonight. If anyone has specific points they think should be addressed feel free to contact me. You can also stream live here: http://www.kcbq.com/
I PM'd you some stuff I'd like discussed. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, don't forget to mention the Harvard Study that determined gun control was counter-productive at worst and ineffectual at best. Thanks for being our voice!
Old 08-31-2013, 3:51 PM

This is going to make most of us law breaker's and there will be some LE having a hard time asking us about our guns when we are holding them.
Old 08-31-2013, 4:12 PM
CGSSA President

Thought:

The Bill AB 711, as amended, Rendon. Hunting: non-lead ammunition.

This bill would revise and recast these provisions to require the use of non-lead ammunition for the taking of all wildlife, including game mammals, game birds, nongame birds, and nongame mammals, with any firearm. The bill would require the commission, by July 1, 2014, commission to certify, by regulation, non-lead ammunition for these purposes. The bill would require that the list of certified ammunition include any federally approved nontoxic shotgun ammunition.
(c) Fifty years of research have shown that the presence of lead in the environment poses an ongoing threat to the health of the general public and the viability of the state’s wildlife species, including federally listed threatened and endangered species.

The NRA has been fighting this lead ammo ban for years and proven with science that the claims are just not true.

Director of Fish and Wildlife, Bill Gaines President of now defunct COHA, Jim Waters of CA Waterfowl Assn., Jerry Springer of the California Deer Association and others in a “Back Alley Deal” collude to bring forward the Ban on lead ammo.

They discussed amendments to 711. They felt we didn't have the votes to stop the bill and the Governor would sign AB-711. A Guarantee to Hunt in California was discussed by Director of Fish and Wildlife, The Director of Fish and Wildlife would be the only person that could determine if a projectile was legal or not. After a long conversation President of CDA (California Deer Association) and the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) signed off on the idea
Does this mean the unproven points listed in the AB-711 become fact by “Back Alley Deals”?

If the Director of Fish and Wildlife would be the only person that could determine if a projectile was legal or not has this power and a “AB-711 Back Alley Deal” makes the false lead ammo fact, then California Shooting Ranges will be closed because of lead ammo?

Or does it mean the Director of Fish and Wildlife would be the only person that could determine if a projectile was legal or not has this power to make all lead ammo in California illegal in 2014?

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”

Last edited by pennys dad; 08-31-2013 at 4:49 PM..
Old 08-31-2013, 4:36 PM

I just bought a semi auto .223 and am learning how bad all of these proposed laws really are. Did i just throw my money away?
Old 08-31-2013, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2meterB View Post
I just bought a semi auto .223 and am learning how bad all of these proposed laws really are. Did i just throw my money away?
Now it's time to engage. Join the fight and protect both your property and your rights.

Paul

H. Paul Payne
NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
NRA Members' Councils Program Administrator
(951) 683-4NRA Office nrausmc@earthlink.net Email
http://www.calnra.com California NRA Web Site ----- CLICK HERE to
Join NRA's California Team of Volunteers

Proud to be an NRA Benefactor Member
Old 08-31-2013, 6:27 PM
CGSSA President

This is the message I am sending far and wide. Take it and post it everywhere you can.

California Shooting Community has Been Betrayed

More to come:

There was a lengthy conference called that included Director of Fish and Wildlife, Bill Gaines, Jim Waters of CA Waterfowl Assn. and Jerry Springer of the California Deer Association, Joe Pecsi (President of the California State Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation) and others.

They discussed amendments to 711. A Guarantee to Hunt in California was discussed by Director of Fish and Wildlife. The Director of Fish and Wildlife would be the only person that could determine if a projectile was legal or not. After a conversation President of CDA (California Deer Association) and the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation ) signed off on the idea" to help the Director" by not opposing the other bill.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=816421

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”
Old 08-31-2013, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Welcome to Calguns!

No, you did not just throw your money away. Stay informed and vote. You've found this forum so you're on the right track.
Old 08-31-2013, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner127 View Post
Welcome to Calguns!

No, you did not just throw your money away. Stay informed and vote. You've found this forum so you're on the right track.
Mostly by accident! I went to nearly every gun store in a 25 mile radius, and not a single one mentioned this nasty legislation. Given the weight of it, I would have though the shops would be trying to raise awareness.

Then again, they probably would have a harder time selling certain firearms if they did. I probably would have waited.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 AM

There should be a million man march on sacramento. and protest the robbing of are 2a rights..
Old 09-01-2013, 3:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchira! View Post
Ok so if calls/faxes/emails don't work then what do you recommend we do?
Leave the state as I plan to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Old 09-01-2013, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2fooz View Post
Actually I think that they want us to remove Bullet Buttons. Think about it. We all remove them and then next year some asshat will shoot up a vulnerable "gun free" zone with a non BB'd RAW causing them to claim that they tried registration and now the only answer is confiscation of these deadly weapons of war. Taking off bullet button fits into their plan perfectly.
Such criminal wouldn't use a bullet button anyways.
Old 09-01-2013, 9:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I would take part in a march on Sac. Only problem is unlike our scumbag liberal counterparts, we have jobs and can't just cash our welfare check and get state funded travel vouchers to get there.

But I would definitely attend a rally on Sac.
Old 09-01-2013, 9:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'd even help get attendees from SAn Diego.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Edge View Post
Such criminal wouldn't use a bullet button anyways.
You are correct but that does not not matter. The point is that they will claim that there are thousands of these "weapons of war" that have now been "converted" to be more deadly because of a "loophole" in the registration and so now clearly they been to be confiscated.
Old 09-01-2013, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDogUSMC View Post
I would take part in a march on Sac. Only problem is unlike our scumbag liberal counterparts, we have jobs and can't just cash our welfare check and get state funded travel vouchers to get there.

But I would definitely attend a rally on Sac.
When you say things like this you just make us gun owners look ignorant. I get that you don't agree with liberal policy, that's fine, but to insinuate that liberals don't work and just live off our tax revenue is downright stupid.
Old 09-01-2013, 1:54 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
Enjoy your weekend, rest up, go to the range, and get ready for the next round.
We cannot stop, we must continue to fight and fight hard.
You are right, this is going to be a long fight in which we must take a stand.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms or laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)
Old 09-01-2013, 2:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

In not trying to make anyone look ignorant. If you can't see the anti gun effort as an elemant of a far larger issue, then you are the ignorant one. This is only one item on a huge scale liberal agenda.

And tell me: what were the political affiliations of those protesters that shot down the LA freeways after the Treyvon Martin ruling. Maybe you are the ignorant one who should wake up to the broader picture right in front of you.
Old 09-01-2013, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21Shooter View Post
It's not going to work that way dude....
This guy says it will work that way. Makes sense. Legally grandfathered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_hGPkKzmA
Old 09-01-2013, 5:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I say we all bring our guns they want to ban to the Capitol and tell them to come and take them
Old 09-01-2013, 5:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Winger View Post
I say we all bring our guns they want to ban to the Capitol and tell them to come and take them
I'd like to imagine how they would handle 10,000 "Rosa Parks" disobeying unjust laws.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-01-2013, 6:39 PM

Default blm lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKofGLOVE View Post
This guy says it will work that way. Makes sense. Legally grandfathered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_hGPkKzmA
so according to the youtube link bye bye blms lands as far as assault weapons go and I wouldn't be surprised if the state and local government doesn't start requiring an enormous and I mean something astronomical amount of liability insurance to the point that no gun range could afford to pay the premium to let aw's be shot on the ranges
Old 09-01-2013, 7:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No, you made a wise investment. You got something that may be banned by January 2014.

It's not all dire, we're fighting on many fronts. There are additional fights begin waged by others that are not listed on calguns. Even among these laws they've already shelved a few and amended others. Up until just recently rimfire .22's were also listed to be assault weapons and now they've dropped it.

If you'd like to fight for your right to buy more rifles then join the fight. Read about the legislation and inform others. Engage people in discussion. Grassroots efforts to change public opinion of other voters in your district. Volunteer with calguns, help take flyers to gun stores, help out at booths do what you can.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-01-2013, 8:01 PM

Quote:
In not trying to make anyone look ignorant. If you can't see the anti gun effort as an elemant of a far larger issue, then you are the ignorant one. This is only one item on a huge scale liberal agenda.

And tell me: what were the political affiliations of those protesters that shot down the LA freeways after the Treyvon Martin ruling. Maybe you are the ignorant one who should wake up to the broader picture right in front of you.
So because some liberals gun-owners are irresponsible does that mean all are? Hmm... see the problem? Aren't you the same guy who thought 1A protected his speech here on this forum? Pretty bold of you to throw around the word ignorant...
Old 09-01-2013, 9:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Drop it, man. Enough. You're fighting the wrong person unless you are a registered democrat.

Last edited by SaltyDogUSMC; 09-01-2013 at 9:41 PM.. Reason: De escalation
Old 09-02-2013, 4:39 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default 2013 - The front line is California

With respect to all who are posting their opinions on this issue. It's very simple. The libtards have a super majority in the state government and can pass whatever laws they want. There is little, if anything, that can be done to stop it. You will all be waisting your time trying to fight it. This state is a cesspool of filth and the best thing anyone can do to keep your gun rights is to leave. I'm doing so in the Summer of 2016. This state can rot in H*** and it is a fool's errand for any of you guys to think you will be able to change what's coming in regards to gun laws in California. You won't win. The forces against us are simply too big in numbers and we are too few. In this case David will not be able to slay Goliath. We have lost and that's the simple reality of it people so stop waisting your time and effort on a lost cause. We've lost the fight. This is not pessimistic it's realistic. Focus your efforts on leaving this sewer and you will be better served!

Old 09-02-2013, 5:15 AM

If you want to quit, fine. Don't come here and try to discourage others from fighting though. There is no virtue in that.
Old 09-02-2013, 5:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
If you want to quit, fine. Don't come here and try to discourage others from fighting though. There is no virtue in that.
I'm not quitting. I'm
accepting the reality of the situation and you can't win!!!

California is a lost cause and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply waisting there time, however, It's your time to waist so have at it and good luck. You will lose in the end. Reality is a bitter pill to swallow!

Last edited by Big Jake; 09-02-2013 at 5:41 AM..
Old 09-02-2013, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
I'm not quitting. I'm
accepting the reality of the situation and you can't win!!!

California is a lost cause and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply waisting there time, however, It's your time to waist so have at it and good luck. You will lose in the end. Reality is a bitter pill to swallow!

Thanks but I don't take strategic advice from people that can't afford to move themselves out of a 'cesspool of filth' for three years. Also, waist is what you wrap your belt around; waste is to discard. You might brush up on the difference between their, there, and they're if you want to go around and give advice based on your claimed superior understanding of things.

Last edited by naeco81; 09-02-2013 at 6:08 AM..
Old 09-02-2013, 6:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
Thanks but I don't take strategic advice from people that can't afford to move themselves out of a 'cesspool of filth' for three years. Also, waist is what you wrap your belt around; waste is to discard. You might brush up on the difference between their, there, and they're if you want to go around and give advice based on your claimed superior understanding of things.
Please excuse the typo as its early lol. Have at it and good luck. I'm not being coy as I truly meant that. You will, unfortunately, lose. I'm on your side but I also am not an Ostrich.

Also, you are correct. This state needs to be discarded as its dead!!!

Last edited by Big Jake; 09-02-2013 at 6:55 AM..
Old 09-02-2013, 7:36 AM

I would participate in a march if it made us look like professional law abiding citizens. Not a bunch of rag tag outcasts.

So with that in mind I would happily participate under the following conditions.
1.) It was organized by Brandon, or person appointed by him, and he was the ONLY PERSON that talked to the press. As for every one else they get a standard line for the press. Something simple like "We are asking officials Sacramento to stop creating gun laws that don't work." No personal commentary, ad-hock conversation, and especially snarky or degenerative statements.
2.) Everyone one is completely disarmed. No guns, knives, sticks, pepper spray, etc. This would have to demonstrate that we are good people with education. Not a bunch of Hillbillies. No offense intended to any Hillbillies, of course.
3.) It must be planned in advance. 2 days notice is not enough for people that work or have to travel. 2 weeks minimum, 1 month would be best.
4.) We have a dress code. Everyone dresses appropriately. No silly shirts, torn or clothes, flip flops, combat boots. We should dress like we work in an office. Jeans and a polo shirt at the minimum.
5.) We should have standard signs, and wording. Back to professional and organized.

If we were to march like this, it would not only look professional and organized, but would be professional and organized, like a military unit.

Action Pistol Club
Old 09-02-2013, 8:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Please excuse the typo as its early lol. Have at it and good luck. I'm not being coy as I truly meant that. You will, unfortunately, lose. I'm on your side but I also am not an Ostrich.

Also, you are correct. This state needs to be discarded as its dead!!!

I agree, I'm on your side too. But I'm much older than a lot of the kids here. I don't have 20 or 30 years to wait around for the SCOTUS to finally hear a Second Amendment suit and once and for all, force California to apply the US Constitution to this State. Meanwhile, any proposed law that might get stopped this year, will be back next year, and the year after that and on and on........ And sadly, NO CURRENT AW LAWS WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE BOOKS. Enjoy your "may issue CCW", Bullet Buttons, Rostered handguns, ten day waits, 10 round magazines, ect........
Old 09-02-2013, 8:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I agree Ford. I'm relocating in the next year. Luckily I saw this coming and had the means to get most of what I wanted.

There is a lot more to our decision than just 2A rights. The leftist super majority has made it prohibitive for me to run my business due to over regulation and taxation. And the pervasive moral climate is disgusting. We truly ruined paradise.

I will keep fighting until the day we leave, but leave we must. The Republik is lost
Old 09-02-2013, 9:34 AM

http://youtu.be/nv_hGPkKzmA

SB 374 California Assault Weapons Ban predictions. Buy now!

Good video
Old 09-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I agree Ford. I'm relocating in the next year. Luckily I saw this coming and had the means to get most of what I wanted.

There is a lot more to our decision than just 2A rights. The leftist super majority has made it prohibitive for me to run my business due to over regulation and taxation. And the pervasive moral climate is disgusting. We truly ruined paradise.

I will keep fighting until the day we leave, but leave we must. The Republik is lost

I agree, it's much more than the gun laws. It's how the state regulates almost every aspect of your life.

It gets really old after a while, it really does.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Default We no longer matter. Options?

I'm relatively new here. I am not in with the "in-crowd" gun people. I am in my early 30's and am trying to get my friends and family aware of 2A culture, shooting sports, and to me, the most important; government tyranny. With relatively good results. But for the most part, not too many people here care about guns, directly around me.

I wrote emailed and faxed, 100's of times. Threats of taking my company and family(not empty threats, cuz Kali is done) That compounded with voting, won't work. "WE" are no longer and important constituent here. We don't matter. We are the "nuts." We do not have power. The way I see it; we have 3 options, or some variation them:
1- Leave. Screw this state. We can go some place, create a mass exodus(bigger than it is already) in which these gun laws WILL create that circumstance for me.

2- "WE" in the end, have our stuff confiscated. We either fight together, individually, or just give in. I don't have kids, but Ive war-gamed what I would do if junior and I answer the door, and Jonny-Law comes and says "gimme your guns, or else..." Will it get to that point? Will you comply, resist, or "fight." Do we go Braveheart or Schindlers list?

3-WE make EVERYONE A 2A advocate or constituent. Use a page out of the progressive handbook. Most of today's people "need" government, in the form of schools, fire, police, food stamps, social security, school and home loans, ect... People of this mind create their own voting block by giving more GOODIES> Therefore people of this "persuasion" have made their own constituents.... Now how can we apply this to 2A, in CA. Im not sure. How can we persuade everyone that they need their rights and these laws coming down the pike, and the already existing laws, are rubbish? How do we convince people that the need their self protection? I have my own Ideas, but I'll keep them to myself...

What I do know is that California is now either San Francisco, LA, suburbs, or Mexico. This is no sustainable. Going to the ballot box wont work, because we are a minority. So we leave, fight, comply, die, go to jail, or we find some brilliant way to make people care.

I know this... We really need local gov, police, and teacher to start helping. City councils have to get their local police in check(if you belong to city gov in any way) Police have to get their colleagues together and state that they won't enforce these laws, and use their Union stamped, job protection to help us little guys. Teachers have the kids, and can help mold them.

All I know is we either stand together, or we hang separately.