Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 10-14-2013, 2:34 PM

Where in La Habra are they? Also, do you have the model number and/or images of the safes you are selling?
Old 10-14-2013, 2:36 PM

Called around to get quotes on delivery and installation, and it's going to add a significant part of the cost so keep that in mind if you aren't doing it yourself. I had one well known SoCal safe dealer call this "Chinese crap" and pretty much had no interest installing this. Good to keep in mind if you won't be moving or properly installing this yourself.
Old 10-14-2013, 2:37 PM

What type of manufacturer warranty (besides the lock)? Delivery to northern CA?
Old 10-14-2013, 2:48 PM

I called, they said that they don't deliver and it's going to be a lot for Northern California; one of the two big players in SoCal quoted me $400 for just delivery distance of 12 miles.
Old 10-14-2013, 3:01 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Unless you can get it yourself, the pricing won't be enough to help you out. Costco has FREE deliv.
Old 10-14-2013, 3:18 PM

It doesn't look like we'll be having many (if any) C Quality safes. The safe prices are as follows:

19cf
A Quality $399
B Quality $299

34cf
A Quality $649
B Quality $549

Local sales taxes apply (La Habra 8.5%)

Last edited by FormatUSA_Tim; 10-22-2013 at 1:11 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 9:56 PM

First alert 54 gun safe now increased to $789.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior40er View Post
LOL, fist me bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSir510 View Post
so I massage him and ask if its is the real thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssr. Eleganté View Post
You'll get a faster response if you massage him. Ask me how I know.
Old 10-16-2013, 9:01 AM

We are slowly getting safes ready to sell. We're a small operation here. We sold our first safe to a local member of Calguns yesterday. My warehouse guy doesn't work on Wednesdays, so tomorrow we'll work on getting more ready. Also, Friday we're receiving a new batch of returns. We are going through these all as soon as we can to make them sell-able to manufacturer specs.

The warranty is only 1 year for the electronic keypad from date of sale. All sales are final. They will have scratches, but they will be working. It depends on your need for them. If you want a perfect and scratch free safe then the brand new one at full cost is the way to go. These are for the value minded who aren't worried about the look, but the functionality.

Timothy Olivas
Innovative Market Technologies
625-A S. Palm Street
La Habra, CA 90631
Phone: 562-691-5398
Fax: 562-691-6476
timothyIMT@aol.com
Old 10-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Superfluous
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I picked up one of Timothy's safes today.

Got a 34 cube First Alert safe.
I asked him a couple of days ago to have the door off when i arrived to pick it up.
He had the door off when i got there. PERFECT.

Timothy, my young nephew and I loaded it on the truck.
This is how we did that...............

Timothy pallet jacked the safe to my Tacoma.

REMOVE TAILGATE. (takes 30 seconds max)

There is a incline in the driveway that makes it really simple to get the bed height just right to tilt the safe on it's back, against the bed and slide it in.
Easy Peasy. Took 60 seconds.

Layed in some cardboard. Then we picked up the door and set in on the end of the bed. One side of the door was against the safe. The other side was against the tailgate. Stuffed some cardboard in to get the load tight. When we closed the tailgate. It holds the door in perfectly.
Done and done.

Now to the cave.

Reversed procedure at the man cave. I used a strong appliance dolly to position it in the cave. I set it on 4X4s. Drilled through the 4X4s and straight in to the concrete. I used Redheads in the concrete and "Pour-Stone" to secure the anchors.

Note: That sucker is heavy even without the door. It is MUCH heavier than my Cannon 24 and seems as heavy as my 1 hour rated Sun 28.

Granted. It is a Chinese safe. And no it isn't going to keep a pro burglar out of my safe for long.
In case of a robbery.
This First Alert safe will buy enough time for the cameras to roll and the alarm to wake up everyone within a mile.
And ALL my neighbors are Calgunners..
Me thinks my 550 bucks with tax out the door was a fair deal.

NOTE: I got a B rated safe. As I don't give a dam about scratches and such.

Really good safes like Amsec of this size start at around 2.7K and go up from there.
This will work for my needs.

So there ya go. Timothy and company are the real deal.
They are an option that may well be worth looking at.

Twystd1
Old 10-21-2013, 9:05 PM

Sounds like a great deal
Old 10-21-2013, 9:28 PM

Just beware of securam locks I can bypass them in less than 30 seconds... I am a locksmith btw
Old 11-06-2013, 9:22 PM

Timothy et al exceeded my expectations. Good to go with shipping to northern california. A single safe isn't worth the cost, however a bulk buy with a few friends makes this worth while.

Well Done
Old 12-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockguy View Post
Just beware of securam locks I can bypass them in less than 30 seconds... I am a locksmith btw
You can get into these in 30 seconds?

Sent from iPhone.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVDANNY View Post
You can get into these in 30 seconds?

Sent from iPhone.
30 seconds? I want to see that! Lockguy are you sure, 30 seconds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoljake
...It's like chasing a Chupacabra or Sasquatch...
Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 PM

Just thought I'd let you guys in on this deal I recently found at Costco...

Did some research on safes and stumbled across an old Calguns thread about the 24 gun First Alert safes at Costco and their sale prices. I called my local Costco to see if they still had any in stock and luckily, they only had the floor model left. They wanted to confirm that the lock that was installed, was in fact, a working lock, before agreeing to sell it to me. Apparently a kid in 09 locked his younger bro in a safe at a Costco in NorCal. Anyhow, they called me back to confirm that it was good to go and that the only issues would be light surface scratches and that it would not come with a box. They offered it to me for $300. I was there an hour later with a buddy and a hand truck! Love finding steals like this! And to think, my biometric safe on the nightstand was a mere $100 less.

This is the model:

http://www.firstalert.com/safes-cash...-safes/7319dfb

Best of luck in your search!

-Mark

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Tag
Old 12-06-2013, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdquattro View Post
Just thought I'd let you guys in on this deal I recently found at Costco...

Did some research on safes and stumbled across an old Calguns thread about the 24 gun First Alert safes at Costco and their sale prices. I called my local Costco to see if they still had any in stock and luckily, they only had the floor model left. They wanted to confirm that the lock that was installed, was in fact, a working lock, before agreeing to sell it to me. Apparently a kid in 09 locked his younger bro in a safe at a Costco in NorCal. Anyhow, they called me back to confirm that it was good to go and that the only issues would be light surface scratches and that it would not come with a box. They offered it to me for $300. I was there an hour later with a buddy and a hand truck! Love finding steals like this! And to think, my biometric safe on the nightstand was a mere $100 less.

This is the model:

http://www.firstalert.com/safes-cash...-safes/7319dfb

Best of luck in your search!

-Mark
Good pickup! Check your local Costco. The First Alert safes that Costco has/had for sale are different item #'s from their display units. The display units are in the system at a considerably lower price than the actual safes being sold brand new. Of course you cant buy the display unit until the regular safes in the boxes are sold, but if you catch it at the right time, you can get quite a deal, as Sdquattro did.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:42 PM

Picked up the 19 cu ft safe today from Tim. Awesome deal! A few scratches don't bother me at all. Fit easily in the back of my SUV. Only took me and a buddy to get it out and into position when I got home. He said he has about 100 safes left.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltrailrider View Post
Picked up the 19 cu ft safe today from Tim. Awesome deal! A few scratches don't bother me at all. Fit easily in the back of my SUV. Only took me and a buddy to get it out and into position when I got home. He said he has about 100 safes left.
Nice. Only problem I'm having is the hinges that hold the boards aren't every strong and won't handle much weight. I'm gonna try out a couple screws tonight and see how that words out for me

Sent from iPhone.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 PM

Interesting - sent an email to Mr. Tim

thanks all for the details & info as I am a first time poster, just joined in on the fun.
Old 01-30-2014, 9:37 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that Tim still has a lot of safes in stock. He has a whole bunch of the 19 cubic foot ones ready to go and he just received quite a few of the 34 cubic foot ones that he's in the process of refurbishing. I placed a WTB ad in the marketplace for a gun safe and somebody recommended Tim. I'm glad they did. I picked up a 34 cubic foot safe the other day for $499 + tax as I purchased one that somebody had drilled a tiny hole in the back. They had another one that was in just as good of shape, minus the hole for $549. Tim and everyone else at Format USA are a bunch of good guys. You should definitely check them out if you're in the market for a safe.
Old 02-20-2014, 5:39 PM

Tim,

shot you a pm and an email to see if the warehouse is open on weekends to check out the selection and purchase a safe? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormatUSA_Tim View Post
We are slowly getting safes ready to sell. We're a small operation here. We sold our first safe to a local member of Calguns yesterday. My warehouse guy doesn't work on Wednesdays, so tomorrow we'll work on getting more ready. Also, Friday we're receiving a new batch of returns. We are going through these all as soon as we can to make them sell-able to manufacturer specs.

The warranty is only 1 year for the electronic keypad from date of sale. All sales are final. They will have scratches, but they will be working. It depends on your need for them. If you want a perfect and scratch free safe then the brand new one at full cost is the way to go. These are for the value minded who aren't worried about the look, but the functionality.

Timothy Olivas
Innovative Market Technologies
625-A S. Palm Street
La Habra, CA 90631
Phone: 562-691-5398
Fax: 562-691-6476
timothyIMT@aol.com
Old 02-24-2014, 3:06 AM
Fat guy in a little coat
CGN Contributor

Tim has great deals on safes, I grabbed 2 of the 19 cu ft ones about 2 weeks ago. bought one and then went back the next week for a second one. One for reloading equipment, powders, primers and finished ammo and a second for guns and gun parts. the smaller ones are easy enough to unload yourself if you are creative enough, I dont think I could have maneuvered the 34ft one by myself, but great deal keeps the kid away from guns and ammo, plus if the house ever catches on fire at least there will be 30+minutes that a fire department could respond without bullets going off.
"They show us what's missing in our lives, and how to love ourselves more completely and unconditionally. They connect us back to who we are, and to the purpose of why we are here."-Trisha McCagh when speaking about animals.
Old 02-24-2014, 6:12 AM

I always wondered about having tons of ammo at home. If there ever was a fire and it was in a/ around a room where the ammo was in, would the fire department be aggressive about trying to put it out or would they just protect other homes from a distance.

Last edited by Gilcontr; 02-24-2014 at 6:14 AM..
Old 02-24-2014, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilcontr View Post
I always wondered about having tons of ammo at home. If there ever was a fire and it was in a/ around a room where the ammo was in, would the fire department be aggressive about trying to put it out or would they just protect other homes from a distance.
how would they know how much ammo you have at home?
Old 02-24-2014, 9:24 AM
Tactical Mall Ninja
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksa View Post
If the homeowner is around, he or she should inform the fire department of any potential hazards. Quick online search found this article that mentions ammo stored in commercial boxes (but not in metal cans) isn't going to be much of a danger to firefighters. But ammo stored in .50 or .30 caliber ammo cans can be problematic:

http://my.firefighternation.com/foru...nition-is-this

Quote:
Ammunition that is stored in the boxes sold by the manufacturer is not dangerous in a fire. If ignited by intense heat, the brass or plastic cartridge will burst. The particles will not travel very far. The protective clothing that firefighters wear will protect them.

However, if ammunition is stored in a metal container such as a GI .50 caliber ammo box, the ammunition can explode under the right conditions.
Old 02-24-2014, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksa View Post
They wouldn't unless you told them, of course. I would just assume that it would be up to one to tell them since they might be putting themselves at risk by the presence of the ammo. Common courtesy (understatement since I can't think of the proper phrase). But based on what was mentioned above, there shouldn't be a problem. Assuming the safe doesn't superheat the ammo,I guess

Last edited by Gilcontr; 02-24-2014 at 3:20 PM.. Reason: Superheat lol
Old 02-24-2014, 11:30 AM

I could'nt find any info on the steel that is used in these. Does anyone know the gauge steel in the walls....is it only 12 gauge? How thick is the door steel (not the door itself) ?

Thanks for any info~
Old 02-24-2014, 7:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockguy View Post
me too
& I'm not a smith
get a better lock guys,nuff said
Old 02-24-2014, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12voltguy View Post
me too
& I'm not a smith
get a better lock guys,nuff said

Is "securam" a brand name of a line of safes, or a lock name?

Old 02-25-2014, 3:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
Is "securam" a brand name of a line of safes, or a lock name?

digital locks
mine broke & I did a lil research & found a 30sec entry....likely close to same on all digital locks
I replaced with combo,can't do same 30sec entry with combo
Old 03-05-2014, 9:06 PM

Met Tim at FormatUSA today, great guy with great deals. Thanks Tim!
Old 03-06-2014, 8:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Any suggestions on locks to swap out to?
Old 03-06-2014, 2:44 PM

^^^^^ what he asked
Old 03-19-2014, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormatUSA_Tim View Post
It doesn't look like we'll be having many (if any) C Quality safes. The safe prices are as follows:

19cf
A Quality $399
B Quality $299

34cf
A Quality $649
B Quality $549

Local sales taxes apply (La Habra 8.5%)

Tim,

Do you still have a decent supply of B quality 19cf safes? I need a small handful for me and all of my brothers.

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 03-19-2014, 8:44 PM

X2 want to head up monday or tuesday and grab one of these
Old 03-19-2014, 8:53 PM

I was at Tim's today picking up a safe. It looked like they have a pretty good supply of everything.

Great guy to deal with.

Now I just need to figure out how to get it out of my suv.
Old 03-24-2014, 8:27 PM

I bought a 34 cu ft safe from them looks like new and paid 550 plus tax im happy with the safe but shelves could be made better cant beat the price for the size of the safe
Old 03-24-2014, 8:48 PM

A fyi to those who shop at CostCo, if the price ends in .99 then that's the full price. It'll most likely drop in price unless it's a crazy popular item.
Old 05-07-2014, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrbyn View Post
I bought a 34 cu ft safe from them looks like new and paid 550 plus tax im happy with the safe but shelves could be made better cant beat the price for the size of the safe
Did they have a decent inventory left? I send two emails, no response yet. Wanted to drop by to look and if I see something I like, buy....