Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 09-11-2013, 4:51 PM
knucklehead0202 knucklehead0202 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Whittier, East LA/North OC county
Posts: 3,864
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
How did this turn into a car discussion all of a sudden? More C&R talk and what people are going to be bringing to the shoot!
not real sure but i'll say that mileage isn't worth driving something that looks like a suppository. my big v8 sedan gets 25-plus on the highway and that's good enough for me. besides, you know why prius owners are the worst drivers on the road right? hard to drive while patting yourself on the back....
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-11-2013, 5:17 PM
Armistice's Avatar
Armistice Armistice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Corona
Posts: 2,228
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Did you use a Gloss or Semi-Gloss poly?
Doesn't say
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-11-2013, 10:29 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,722
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
Doesn't say
Well if you want gloss go get a gloss and then you can dull it if it is too glossy. When you say you have 3 coats of Minwax are you talking stain or poly or polyshades?
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-12-2013, 3:11 PM
MackMan MackMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 224
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Any of you guys have a extra mosin nagant wood stock your willing to sell. A guy at work has a bubba 91/30 and wants to return it to the original look.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-12-2013, 4:08 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,722
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Haha, I have a bubba stock I am not using. Check Numrich that is where I got mine.
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-12-2013, 4:11 PM
Syntax Error's Avatar
Syntax Error Syntax Error is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West LA
Posts: 2,171
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

AIM seems to get M91/30 stocks for sale every now and then. I'd check them out. Otherwise, yeah, Numrich/eBay/Gunbroker is probably your best bet.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 09-12-2013, 5:40 PM
Armistice's Avatar
Armistice Armistice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Corona
Posts: 2,228
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Well if you want gloss go get a gloss and then you can dull it if it is too glossy. When you say you have 3 coats of Minwax are you talking stain or poly or polyshades?
It's finishing wax
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 09-12-2013, 7:36 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,722
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
It's finishing wax
So you just have finishing wax over the original finish? Or did you re-finish it? If you refinished it use some type of gloss sealant to get a glossy look, if you aren't going original. The minwax made me think you had refinished it. Otherwise I haven't worked with a wax before so I am of no use.
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 09-12-2013, 7:52 PM
Armistice's Avatar
Armistice Armistice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Corona
Posts: 2,228
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
So you just have finishing wax over the original finish? Or did you re-finish it? If you refinished it use some type of gloss sealant to get a glossy look, if you aren't going original. The minwax made me think you had refinished it. Otherwise I haven't worked with a wax before so I am of no use.
I sanded the stock. I'm not sure how much of the original shellac was still on it at the time
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 09-12-2013, 8:05 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,722
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
I sanded the stock. I'm not sure how much of the original shellac was still on it at the time
Well if you have already sanded then you might as well refinish. It isn't the proper way but Minwax polyshades are stain and polyurethane in the same product. If you have seen my sks that is what I used. Not original at all but it will give it a nice color and sealant in one and they come in semi gloss and gloss. There is a color out there that people use for their Mosins some use Old maple- again not correct but you can get the look you want. If you decide to re-do it get some citristrip to get everything off the stock that is on it now and uh google the rest. Really easy and fun, this process "bonded" me with my sks before I ever pulled the trigger. I have some citristrip if you want to try it.

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images...286-375056.jpg

For a T53 maybe go with Mission oak or a antique walnut?

My sks with polyshades
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

Last edited by ThemBastards; 09-12-2013 at 8:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 09-13-2013, 3:21 PM
Armistice's Avatar
Armistice Armistice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Corona
Posts: 2,228
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

It's a blonde stock so I'd like to keep it blonde

EDIT: I pick up my SKS on Sun. Maybe I'll shine that one up
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

Last edited by Armistice; 09-13-2013 at 3:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,722
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Tick tock tick tock. Come on 29th
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-14-2013, 6:43 PM
NOTABIKER NOTABIKER is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,334
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Well if you have already sanded then you might as well refinish. It isn't the proper way but Minwax polyshades are stain and polyurethane in the same product. If you have seen my sks that is what I used. Not original at all but it will give it a nice color and sealant in one and they come in semi gloss and gloss. There is a color out there that people use for their Mosins some use Old maple- again not correct but you can get the look you want. If you decide to re-do it get some citristrip to get everything off the stock that is on it now and uh google the rest. Really easy and fun, this process "bonded" me with my sks before I ever pulled the trigger. I have some citristrip if you want to try it.

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images...286-375056.jpg

For a T53 maybe go with Mission oak or a antique walnut?

My sks with polyshades
im sick i love C&R porn. what a line up
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-19-2013, 8:32 AM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 12,498
iTrader: 283 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0re10 View Post
I can't make it. Here is a new list where I pulled myself.

Baboosh +2 (member)
Notabiker (member)
Jimja+2 (member)
Fate (non member)
ThemBastards (member)
Armistice+2 (non member)
Knucklehead0202, possibly 1-2(non member)
Dumpy +1 (non member)
Syntax Error (non member)
Mackman (member)
SunsetIE (non member)
Beetle Bailey (non-member)
Thoughtpolice59 (non-member)
Eagle eye +2 member
baka (non-member)
I will not be able to make it after all. I hope everyone has a great time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.