Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 10-10-2013, 5:16 PM

283 Black and 203 Green as of right now
Old 10-10-2013, 8:28 PM

^thank you
Old 10-10-2013, 9:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a black blem, should be a piece of cake to get done on the mini-mill.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:35 AM
PhD of Zombie Sciences
CGN Contributor

15 Black

139 Zombie Green

Left in stock now. I need a new gun safe for all the poly's!
Old 10-11-2013, 2:29 AM

These are complete trash!
Old 10-11-2013, 4:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
These are complete trash!
What makes you say that? The ones I received had only the rear takedown pin hole out of alignment, should be an easy fix and isn't critical anyway. Otherwise they looked perfect.
Old 10-11-2013, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
What makes you say that? The ones I received had only the rear takedown pin hole out of alignment, should be an easy fix and isn't critical anyway. Otherwise they looked perfect.
How did you fix it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-11-2013, 6:28 AM

still 109 green left
/
Old 10-11-2013, 8:05 AM

I received 2 lowers yesterday and I'm disappointed with the quality. Both of them are out of spec. The rear takedown pin hole is out of alignment, doesn't fit any of my uppers properly and can't close the rear takedown pin without additional modification.

You can see some big gap between the lower and the upper. I wonder if they let me return them.

Last edited by RookieShooter; 10-11-2013 at 8:14 AM.. Reason: resizing images
Old 10-11-2013, 8:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604 View Post
How did you fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieShooter View Post
I received 2 lowers yesterday and I'm disappointed with the quality. Both of them are out of spec. The rear takedown pin hole is out of alignment, doesn't fit any of my uppers properly and can't close the rear takedown pin without additional modification.
That's pretty much what I expected in a "blem."

I plan on filling the rear takedown hole with epoxy and then drilling it again through the middle.

This stuff:
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epx...tic-Bonder.htm
Old 10-11-2013, 8:23 AM

Was that a blem? If so no warranty on them.

The non blem are like that to, and some trigger/hammer drill spots are off, safety hole was off by a lot on two of mine. Still have a few to check.
Old 10-11-2013, 8:28 AM

It's more like out of spec than blemish to me. It doesn't fit any of my uppers tightly. There are some big gap as you can see in my pics.
Old 10-11-2013, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
That's pretty much what I expected in a "blem."

I plan on filling the rear takedown hole with epoxy and then drilling it again through the middle.

This stuff:
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epx...tic-Bonder.htm
I see, I'm thinking about installing some kind of bushing in there, maybe just a simple spacer.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lsmc7 View Post
That's what I was thinking of doing as well. Knew it was going to be jacked since I bought the blem. I was just going to drill out the hole and epoxy some sort bushing or something in there. Re-drill the hole for the takedown detent.

But when I fit it to one of my uppers didn't seem to be all that bad and it was a pretty good fit. I might just leave it since it is going on dedicated .22lr uppers.
Re drilling the detent hole is easy. The hard part is locating the bushings. Ideally, you want as much contact as possible with the parent material. This means drilling a larger hole that is just slightly off center of the existing hole, and just smaller or the same size as the OD of the bushing. This would probably be very difficult to do without a drill press.

I'm thinking of filling the entire hole, and then relocating the take down pin hole, which the center would reside in the epoxy material. Shouldn't be too hard, as long as I step up the drill sizes properly.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Blems usually mean cosmetic "blemishes."

If these are actually out of spec, they are being marketed in a very questionable fashion.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 AM
PhD of Zombie Sciences
CGN Contributor

I just re-checked three completed (one 1st issue black, one blem pink and one blem desert) and the two blemished desert tan's that I just got in and they all mate up to a new PSA upper just fine.

I can check with a Ptac and a Colt upper, if anyone cares, but I imagine they fit fine.

The rear takedown pin does fit high and tight, but it does go in. On both completed desert tan 80's, I had to rework the boss around the rear takedown pin to allow the head of the pin to sit flush. Very minor stuff, and in fact I did it with an exacto knife. The black and the pink versions required no rework in that area, FYI.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryall4 View Post
I just re-checked three completed (one 1st issue black, one blem pink and one blem desert) and the two blemished desert tan's that I just got in and they all mate up to a new PSA upper just fine.

I can check with a Ptac and a Colt upper, if anyone cares, but I imagine they fit fine.

The rear takedown pin does fit high and tight, but it does go in. On both completed desert tan 80's, I had to rework the boss around the rear takedown pin to allow the head of the pin to sit flush. Very minor stuff, and in fact I did it with an exacto knife. The black and the pink versions required no rework in that area, FYI.
Cool, I'll definitely do a fit check before I start epoxying and drilling.

Since you've done three of them, what is the best method to complete, in your opinion? Dremel the whole thing out? No drill press, unfortunately.

Old 10-11-2013, 1:56 PM
PhD of Zombie Sciences
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Cool, I'll definitely do a fit check before I start epoxying and drilling.

Since you've done three of them, what is the best method to complete, in your opinion? Dremel the whole thing out? No drill press, unfortunately.

Hey D,
I will drill the hammer, trigger and selector holes before milling the pocket, just through the sides of the lower and not through the material that will be removed. It seems to not grab and bite as much as when done after the milling process and I have screwed a selector hole up doing it afterward.

I'll use my drill press with a 3/8" 4 flute, center cut end mill. The end mill bit was like, $5 on Amazon. I just plunge cut (straight down, move the lower, straight down...) till the unnecessary material is removed from the pocket, making sure the lower is level to the press. I have an X Y table for the drill press, so I will go back and clean up, moving front to back and side to side. I'll then use the Dremel with a 1/4" sanding disk to smooth it out, then back to the press with a 1/4" end mill to cut the opening for the trigger and back to the Dremel to do the final routing to fit the trigger assembly.

An inexpensive drill press can be had at Harbor Freight for around $50 with coupons, and the X Y table for about the same, although not necessary. Guys finish these things with just the Dremel all the time, I just happened to have all the gear already. I just picked up a cylindrical cutter for the Dremel and will try that next Amazon Cyl. Cutter. I prefer the end mill, the final product just turns out cleaner. I have messed up the upper/lower mating surface given too much time with the Dremel... I can't be trusted with handheld tools, lol.

Last edited by Fryall4; 10-11-2013 at 2:05 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryall4 View Post
Hey D,
I will drill the hammer, trigger and selector holes before milling the pocket, just through the sides of the lower and not through the material that will be removed. It seems to not grab and bite as much as when done after the milling process and I have screwed a selector hole up doing it afterward.

I'll use my drill press with a 3/8" 4 flute, center cut end mill. The end mill bit was like, $5 on Amazon. I just plunge cut (straight down, move the lower, straight down...) till the unnecessary material is removed from the pocket, making sure the lower is level to the press. I have an X Y table for the drill press, so I will go back and clean up, moving front to back and side to side. I'll then use the Dremel with a 1/4" sanding disk to smooth it out, then back to the press with a 1/4" end mill to cut the opening for the trigger and back to the Dremel to do the final routing to fit the trigger assembly.

An inexpensive drill press can be had at Harbor Freight for around $50 with coupons, and the X Y table for about the same, although not necessary. Guys finish these things with just the Dremel all the time, I just happened to have all the gear already. I just picked up a cylindrical cutter for the Dremel and will try that next Amazon Cyl. Cutter. I prefer the end mill, the final product just turns out cleaner. I have messed up the upper/lower mating surface given too much time with the Dremel... I can't be trusted with handheld tools, lol.
Thanks for the thorough write up! I've been wanting a drill press, but the problem is not cost, rather space :/

Old 10-12-2013, 11:56 AM
PhD of Zombie Sciences
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Thanks for the thorough write up! I've been wanting a drill press, but the problem is not cost, rather space :/

You are more than welcome D. I understand about the space issue. There are some bench top models... smaller footprint... or shoot, just come over, we'll drink some beer and you can use mine. Shop equipment and alcohol
Old 10-15-2013, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieShooter View Post

You can see some big gap between the lower and the upper. I wonder if they let me return them.

Interesting. I have one with almost the exact same issue, and it wasn't even sold as a blem. I'm still waiting to hear back from them about it. I'll be pissed if they want me to pay return shipping on it just to take a gamble on if they will send one that is actually in spec.

If you were so inclined to "fix" a hole like that, you could try filling the holes with plastic epoxy one side at a time and use the upper as a drill guide to get a custom fit. I would plan on it taking two sessions with 2 day cure times between them. Would be a royal PITA so I wouldn't do it unless it was nonreturnable, and you simply wanted to.
Old 10-17-2013, 2:16 PM

From Facebook

Quote:
Tomorrow we will be having a large blem sale getting rid of the last of the no warranty products in stock. We expect to have all colors available for this massive blowout.

Sale starts at 12 Noon PACIFIC TIME TOMORROW on 10-18-2013.

www.eplowers.com
Old 10-17-2013, 2:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Glad I saw the fitment pics before buying one.
Man these guys sure do how a LOT of blems. Matter of fact Ive never seen any company have so many.

Free Food.
Free Housing.
Free Spending Money.
Free Healthcare.
Free Phone.
Free Weed.
All you have to do is vote for more free stuff.
Old 10-18-2013, 1:26 PM

I just picked up a OD Green blem. I figure I can practice on this one before doing my original one. If it doesn't work out. O well. If it does, then I have 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Follow me on Twitter @2ACivilRights
Old 10-18-2013, 2:27 PM

I think the big blem sale is them getting rid of their non blems that were out of spec. Maybe that's why there are so many. These types of 80's seem like they will become more popular now that all the CNC shops are getting shut down.
Old 10-18-2013, 2:33 PM

Here goes a crappy pic

Everything lined up fine. The finish is rough and I had to clean up the buffertube threads.
Old 10-19-2013, 2:39 PM

^nice.

I think we can call the market flooded, there is still over 400 blems left. I have one of those under the bed rubbermaids full of 80% so I think its time to buy a drill press and some uppers.
Old 10-25-2013, 8:41 PM

Still 46 pink lowers in stock.
Old 10-26-2013, 4:49 PM

24 pink blems in stock still
Old 12-11-2013, 9:31 PM
Veteran Member

Bumping this thread since the talk of fitment issue

How would I go about getting the take down pin to fit the upper?
I was thinking of just starting cheap and taking some material off the pin going with its curve then re bluing?

This is a 9mm build
Old 12-12-2013, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DoorImpala View Post
Bumping this thread since the talk of fitment issue

How would I go about getting the take down pin to fit the upper?
I was thinking of just starting cheap and taking some material off the pin going with its curve then re bluing?

This is a 9mm build

Why'd you drill the hole there on the lower?
The lower didn't come with any holes right? So you basically could have chosen the location of the hole to match your upper, but you didn't lol
(Actually disregard above; lower came like that, which is stupid on EP's part)

If you do your idea of putting in a shaved pin, then it would just rattle around, because the two holes in the lower are round, and not curved (i.e. sickle shaped). So you would somehow need a pin that is shaved in the middle, but still full on the ends to match the holes in the lower. But how would you get such a pin through to the other hole on the lower lol.

I would just try to fill the gap between the lower and upper somehow. Or drill new holes in the lower, put in a washer or something on the new holes to strengthen them, and then fill in the remnants of the old holes somehow. Or you could make the new holes so large that it incorporates the old holes, and then you put in a washer, or some kind of hollow cylindrical spacers or something in the holes to match the diameter of the pin for the upper.

Hopefully mine don't have this problem, but I suspect they do. **** sucks. Maybe you can make a new lower out of play-doh or cardboard lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 9:33 AM
Veteran Member

If that is a blem, then you over drill one side, fill the other with plastic epoxy, then drill using the upper as a guide. Then fill the first side, and drill again using the upper as a guide. You will have a perfect fit.

If that is not a blem, I'd return it.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 AM

I received my bought during their black Friday sale. All 3 I got had this common misaligned takedown holes. I was thinking this was a "blem" issue, but apparently it is not.

I guess I'll have to contact them to see what is up. I also will be awfully crossed if I have to pay return shipping.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:30 AM

Has anybody been shooting their eplowers? I wonder how they are holding up
Old 12-12-2013, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-B-Man View Post
I received my bought during their black Friday sale. All 3 I got had this common misaligned takedown holes. I was thinking this was a "blem" issue, but apparently it is not.

I guess I'll have to contact them to see what is up. I also will be awfully crossed if I have to pay return shipping.
I had the same issue with both of mine ..... besides that issue they worked great
Old 12-12-2013, 1:24 PM

I bought one with on the black friday sale. Same with mine. There is a slight gap in between my upper and lower as well as the rear takedown pin was very tight. Also they need to spread out the hammer and trigger pins apart by .020/1000s to be milspec. I orginally had a problem with my hammer not disengaging the trigger and had to redrill the hammer hole closer to the mag release. After that everything was fine.
Old 12-12-2013, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-B-Man View Post

They make you pay return shipping on the promise that they will reimburse you, but they will be complete flakes about actually refunding you. I was promised return shipping the first time (didn't happen), then I had to return the second for the same issue only worse plus massive voids, and Chris (the owner) personally promised to refund both shipping charges and the original purchase for the trouble. The second replacement wasn't perfect, but was passable, but the only reimbursement I got was 5 $1s. Both an email and a PM have been ignored since.
Old 12-12-2013, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

My first lower was way out of spec. I put a jig on it after seeing my trigger would not fit correctly and their drill holes were way off.
With this one I snipped the guides and just used the jig to do everything else. Worked fine minus the rear take down issue.
Old 12-12-2013, 2:25 PM

I can't believe that all you guys are just accepting the fact that these are out of spec..
Old 12-12-2013, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksa View Post
I can't believe that all you guys are just accepting the fact that these are out of spec..
Since they don't allow to return them, I threw mines into the trash where they belong.