Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 08-27-2013, 7:47 AM

Default VMX3T magnifier eyepiece cover...

On the off chance somebody else needs to find a front cover for their Vortex magnifier, the Butler Creek flip-open scope eyepiece cover in size "01" is a nice snug fit for the VMX3T. Its inner diameter is 1.341" (34.1 mm).

Hope that's useful to someone, someday

Rich
Old 09-09-2013, 8:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

rw99, it's going to be useful to me - thanks!

Any observations on the VMX3-T? It's going to replace my VMX3 shortly. Specifically, how do you like the mount?

Mark H.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 09-09-2013, 8:06 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I think the push button mount does not work well, especially since it comes defaulting to problematic left side flip. You can turn it around to flip right but then the push button is on the right-front side so I ended up using my right middle finger to pull it. The LaRue LT649 is a much better system.
Old 09-17-2013, 1:52 PM

Thanks, is this measurement for the Ocular side or the Objective side?
Do you have measurement for both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw99 View Post
On the off chance somebody else needs to find a front cover for their Vortex magnifier, the Butler Creek flip-open scope eyepiece cover in size "01" is a nice snug fit for the VMX3T. Its inner diameter is 1.341" (34.1 mm).

Hope that's useful to someone, someday

Rich
Old 10-03-2013, 1:14 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I'd wager it's the same for both - it appears to be the same at both ends.

I'll have mine in a few days and will report.

Mark H.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 10-03-2013, 2:09 PM

Hi, all, sorry for returning late to the thread.

Mark, I have my VMX3T mounted behind an absolute cowitnessed Aimpoint Pro on a Sig 716. The supplied mount works just fine for me, but my rifle is a range queen and doesn't see any time slung/banging/etc. I finger-tightened the attachment nuts.

SuperSet, I turned my VMX3T around to flip off to the right side, so that I wouldn't have an obscured left eye view when using the Aimpoint alone. I actually prefer manipulating the magnifier with my right hand, as it's easier to support the rifle with the left. Flips in and out pretty easy with a little practice. But then again, I am just a recreational shooter.

Soundster, my measurement is for the ocular side of the VMX3T. When stored, I leave my magnifier in-line with the Aimpoint and there's so little space between the two that a cover seems unnecessary on that end. I leave the Aimpoint Pro ocular cover in place; it's transparent. So uncapping my setup is just like what you'd do with a regular scope, except that the objective cover is on the Pro and the ocular flip-up is on the magnifier.

Overall impressions: the setup works great, allowing for target/precision shooting with the Aimpoint (which is 2 MOA) out to 50 yards. Beyond that, I dunno how useful a red dot is gonna be for careful accuracy & precision.

As for simply putting rounds into the target, the Pro is awesome, plenty bright... and flipping in the VMX3T allows me to back off a click on brightness, decreasing the perceived MOA of the red dot. I'd say it extends the range of the Pro 2x-3x, as it should. And of course the magnifier allows you more careful examination of the target.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions,

Rich