Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 08-23-2013, 4:49 PM

Default Belly Band holster

I received my order today for a belly band holster from The Well Armed Woman website. Its 4 wide and appears to be sturdily made. Im pretty small 52 tall and tip the scales at around 105, so I got the XS.

Ive been experimenting with wearing it low on the hips (a little too snug with the XS), to up high just under the breasts. Up high works pretty well with gun right in the middle. Im planning to use it for my Bersa Thunder .380.

Ill post more comments as I use it in practical situations. Ok, I did mop the floors with it on but how fun is that?

My problem is with finding concealed carry clothes that fit my frame, yet also conceals the gun. Most of the shirts/blouses I have tried on basically scream Gun!.

Do any of you have tips/suggestions to wearing the belly band type of holster?
Old 09-10-2013, 8:36 PM
Veteran Member

I found that wearing them below the waist gets uncomfortable after a short while regardless of the size. For me it works best just above the waist; basically over my belly button with the gun in the 4-5 o'clock position. A loose fitting shirt should conceal it nicely, but only if you have a smaller handgun to begin with.. Tight fitting clothes just won't do a good job of concealing, no matter what kind of holster or what size gun..
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 PM

youtube has quite a few videos by female ccw'ers regarding gear & what works for them, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
You have not been here long enough to see how low they can really go.