Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-23-2013, 4:13 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default WEGC 3Gun Transition

Hello all - For those of you who received the email about Doug stepping down as 3Gun director, anyone know more than what was mentioned? What does the lawsuit have to do with it?
Old 08-23-2013, 5:31 PM

Oh Snap
Old 08-23-2013, 7:40 PM

I heard the precision bolt rifle director also stepped down a couple months ago. Sucks they are both great guys. I don't know any detail either
Old 08-23-2013, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

That was a shock to me. I know Doug and James were looking for help with the matches, but had no idea they were thinking of getting out so soon. I have only been shooting with West End since last fall and have enjoyed 3 gun a lot.

Does anyone have more info on what the lawsuit was about? I am a WEGC full member, but have only heard that there was a lawsuit.

I will be shooting the 3 gun rimfire match tomorrow morning. I hope there are some people who will be able to take over 3 gun in the future.
Old 08-23-2013, 8:19 PM
Calguns Addict

If you're subscribed to WEGC emails or the WEGC Facebook page, you should have seen the links to the open letter from Archuleta:

http://www.wegc.org/forum/index.php?...icseen#msg5592

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 08-23-2013, 8:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
If you're subscribed to WEGC emails or the WEGC Facebook page, you should have seen the links to the open letter from Archuleta:

http://www.wegc.org/forum/index.php?...icseen#msg5592
Thanks for the link. I am subscribed to the emails, but may have not clicked on the link. That was new to me.

I was just talking about how much work match directors put into keeping the matches going. I assume that Doug and James are not paid for running the matches, and even if they got all the match fees, it would still not be enough to cover the amount of work they must put into 3 gun. I helped setup pistol matches at another range for a few years, on and off. It is no pick nick. I can only imagine how much work goes on behind the scenes to prepare for a match and to run special events.

I just barely got to know Doug and James, but I will miss having them as directors. Thank you for all the hard work guys.

It is a shame that Mark Archuleta was tied up in such a lawsuit, especially considering everything it takes to do the job that he volunteered for. I think I have met Mark, but I do not know him. It sounds like he was extremely dedicated to the sport and I am sad to see him step down. I know it will be hard for someone to try and fill his position.
Old 08-24-2013, 8:08 AM

Anyone know this Lipson and Dexter by sight? Sounds like I want to stay clear of them.

email me at McClintock0 at gmail dot com (That's a zero after my name, not the letter O)
Old 09-27-2013, 8:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
Anyone know this Lipson and Dexter by sight? Sounds like I want to stay clear of them.
They are both FOOLS, in my opinion, having cost the club many thousands of dollars in lawsuit related expenses and a substantial increase in the clubs "Directors and Officers E&O" (errors and omissions) insurance. After three years of getting no where and asking for continuance after continuance, they finally settled, declared victory and went home.. without any real vindication what so ever. Just another frivilous lawsuit to employ attorneys and clog up the courts.

They tried to do with a lawsuit what they could not do in an election... And just to show what boobs they are...they didn't like the club management and filed a lawsuit and a TSO ( temporary restraining order) that resulted in no club elections for three years and kept in place for those three years the very same club administration they were unhappy with.. talk about finger in the trigger guard and shooting yourself in the foot!!! ROFL...

I am hoping some of the members/directors that they liabled, will sue them and take their homes from them! I woud certainly contribute some cash to that endeavor.

Last edited by Ronin2; 09-28-2013 at 8:44 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 PM
CGN Contributor

well, it looks like both of them won their positions in the club election.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
well, it looks like both of them won their positions in the club election.
Yeah.., I know. I just got back from the West End Gun Club board meeting this evening. Here iare my observations that I just posted over in the "Shoots, Meets and Range Stories" forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2 View Post
I was just at the West End Gun Club monthly meeting. The clubs election results were announced and the two guys who sued the club and cost it over $30,000 in legal fees won, Larry Lipson and Scott Dexter, the new president and treasurer respectively.

What lunatics. One of the things Lipson and Dexter sued the club over was to get access to the clubs membership list to send out campaign statements directly to the membership. The board of directors offered to have the company who does the clubs mailings to mail out whatever Lipson/Dexter wanted but it would NOT hand over the list of names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and any other personal information of its membership. That is why Lipson/Dexter sued the club...saying that "CA Corporate Codes require that every member has a right to have a copy of the member ship list".

The first thing out of President Lipson's mouth after taking the oath of office and sitting down in the presidents chair was to remind everyone that ANY MEMBER has a right to get a copy of the complete membership list including all contact information, INCLUDING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS who are members. He went on to say that he was mentioning it since this was membership renewal season and any member who had an expectation of privacy as a member of West End Gun Club should think again about remaining a member. He then said he would send everyone who wanted an e mail copy of the relevant Corporate Codes section. This is the guy who sued the club to get the list and the old president/board fought tooth and nail to prevent that from happening. IN fact the court accepted the clubs solution, also acceptable under the same corporations code section, and Lipson/Dexter rejected the solution the club offered and the judge agreed to.

I am now going to have to get a P.O. . Box to give to West End Gun Club as my new address. I do not want my home address getting into the hands of the wrong person under Lipson's administration and endangering my family. This is just like that whole debacle back east with the journalist who got all the CCW holders names and contact info and posted them on line...a virtual shopping list of homes to burglarize for gangsters looking for guns.

Lipson then went to on to talk about his big campaign promise of wanting to reduce the dues to $90 from the current $240. He had done NO formal financial analysis, pro-forma forecasts and had never even reviewed the clubs financial records prior to pulling that number out of thin air and selling it to the membership in his campaign... LOL! By my calculations, using the financial statement that the old Treasurer provided at the beginning of the meeting ( and has provided at every meeting I have been to in the last 5 years); with 1600 members @$90/yr the club will just have $144,000: only just enough to cover its annual employee wages of $113,000 and workers comp of $13,500! After hearing about his lack of hard numbers to back up his dues plans, it was no surprise to hear that Lipson had been to only one board meeting in over four years, explaining his total ignorance about the numbers and the rules for running a board meeting.

Someone else brought up Lipson's desire to shut down most all of the organized shooting matches on the weekends to permit more "plinker members" access to the shooting bays... but another person brought up the club's 503(c) organizational purpose/stated mission was to promote safe shooting and organized shooting sports.

Not one of the members of the board of directors was happy with this guy... and all noted that none of his campaign promises can be accomplished without board or member approval.

To me it seems this is just like the presidential campaign with Obama...Lipson made promises for lower dues (taxes) and more freedom (range access for plinkers) all the time knowing he cant deliver any of it on his own.

Lipson also needs to a tutor on "Roberts Rules". The guy lost control of the meeting and never got it back once he was sworn in. He and his partner, Scott Dexter, the treasurer tried to go through the swearing in ceremony without raising their right hands and without repeating the oaths of office but some little old guy called them on it and made them say it again out loud in front of the room with their right hands raised.

Lipson and Dexter... have no plan or idea what they are doing. They seem to want to return the club to the old days 14 years ago when Dexter was last treasurer when it had 650 paying members and everything was the good ole boy seat of the pants management method. Dexter even talked about hiring a CPA to do his job for him.. lol.

One of the kids next to me recorded the whole meeting on his Iphone.. so if anyone has any doubts about any of this...the proof exists

To all the West End Gun Club Members who voted for this guy and his sidekick (Dexter)... you all were PENNY WISE AND DOLLAR DUMB voting for a dues decrease that can not happen and is not feasable for a club like West End. Dont ever wonder how Obama could be elected by just lying and telling people what they wanted to hear.... just look in the mirror. You will all get exactly what you deserve now from a Lipson administration, just like all the American voters are getting from Obama: two guys who ahve no idea what they are doing...and just winging it.

Last edited by Ronin2; 01-14-2014 at 11:34 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks, Ronin2, for the update. Guess I'll be steering clear of WEGC. I've participated in organizational politics with persons like this before, and life is just too short to have to deal with that kind of foolishness. We need uniters, not dividers… Anyone who resorts to lawsuits or elections to win, instead of finding common ground via principled negotiations, is a divider.
Old 01-15-2014, 6:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
Thanks, Ronin2, for the update. Guess I'll be steering clear of WEGC. I've participated in organizational politics with persons like this before, and life is just too short to have to deal with that kind of foolishness. We need uniters, not dividers… Anyone who resorts to lawsuits or elections to win, instead of finding common ground via principled negotiations, is a divider.
Unfortunately, the new president wants to reduce organized shooting matches at West End Gun Club by between 50 - 75% to make more space/shooting bays available for the clubs occasional "plinkers".
Old 01-15-2014, 8:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, the new president wants to reduce organized shooting matches at West End Gun Club by between 50 - 75% to make more space/shooting bays available for the clubs occasional "plinkers".
When's the next election? Hopefully the club will see this idiot's cut into revenue and vote the current officers out.

But then again, given that they got elected in the first place AND how the American voters keep voting idiots into office at all levels of gov't, maybe I'm being too hopeful...
Old 01-15-2014, 10:03 AM
CGN Contributor

FUBAR
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
When's the next election? Hopefully the club will see this idiot's cut into revenue and vote the current officers out.

But then again, given that they got elected in the first place AND how the American voters keep voting idiots into office at all levels of gov't, maybe I'm being too hopeful...
He and his sidekick, Scott Dexter got into office the same way Obama did..a populist platform of "representing the ordinary shooter", lower dues and more access...Obama claimed to represent the "average American" against the wealthy, lower taxes for the middle class and more freedom/equality for special interest groups. Obama promised things he did not have the power to deliver because he needs congress to do it all and he didn't mention that the voters. Lipson/Dexter promised their voters things they can't deliver without a majority of the board of directors agreeing and they never told the voters either...lol
Old 01-15-2014, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
He and his sidekick, Scott Dexter got into office the same way Obama did..a populist platform of "representing the ordinary shooter", lower dues and more access...Obama claimed to represent the "average American" against the wealthy, lower taxes for the middle class and more freedom/equality for special interest groups. Obama promised things he did not have the power to deliver because he needs congress to do it all and he didn't mention that the voters. Lipson/Dexter promised their voters things they can't deliver without a majority of the board of directors agreeing and they never told the voters either...lol
Does that mean that we still have a fighting chance to keep these guys from turning the club upside down?

I am a competition shooter and a plinker. I can see both points of view, but these new guys are going to give the competitions the short end of the stick, rather than coming up with a way to fulfill the needs of both types of shooters. I like to spend less money, but I also know that it takes money to keep an establishment like West End going. There is more to it than just maintaining a few dirt hills and some roads. Unfortunately, many people think about the little picture and how it will help them now, but they ignore the other people in the group and the long term consequences that may arise.
Old 01-15-2014, 2:13 PM

Default WEGC 3Gun Transition

I am sick with what has happened. As a precision bolt rifle competitor I am disgusted with what lipson and dexter have done and are proposing to do to this club. They are CROOKS through and through. I will definitely be participating in the membership meetings from now on.

Brandon M.
Old 01-15-2014, 4:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightShooter View Post
I am sick with what has happened. As a precision bolt rifle competitor I am disgusted with what lipson and dexter have done and are proposing to do to this club. They are CROOKS through and through. I will definitely be participating in the membership meetings from now on.
I believe the most precise description is that they are charlatans.
Old 01-15-2014, 7:19 PM
CGN Contributor

Carpet Baggers.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

As with Obama and Obamacare and the coming health insurance company bailouts in 2015, the low-information voters will soon get a taste of reality, so I expect there to be plenty of WEGC lo-fos voting them out at the next election.
Old 01-16-2014, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightShooter View Post
I hope to see more members that feel the way you do show up at meetings. I go to almost every meeting and I have seen disagreements and arguments but never have I seen a meeting fall apart like Tuesday. Those two fools have no business being on the board.