Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:54 PM

Default GlockWorx

I have been looking at shooting production again after many years away from it and have been building a Glock and a M&P Pro to play with before deciding which platform I want to go with. I have a history with Glock's having shot them successfully and extensively before switching back to STI's several years ago.

When I started build my Production division Glock I purchased a Glock Worx trigger kit as a starting point. I have my own ideas on how to tune a Glock trigger but wanted to start with the best parts available. When I installed the kit and started playing with it I was disappointed. I contacted Ray Wong by text messaging and explained that I was disappointed. He immediately offered me advice with the qualifier that if I still wasn't happy to let him know and they would forward me additional parts to ensure that I had gotten the right one's. He further offered me the choice of coming up to their shop and having their guys install and tune the kit. The replacement parts arrived quickly and showed a marked improvement. From there I have been able to tune the setup so I have about 1/4" of total trigger movement and the trigger breaks under 2 lbs on an electronic scale while reliably popping Winchester and Remington Primers.

The point to all of this is I wanted to thank Ray and Glock Worx for stepping up and working with me to get this project up to speed. It isn't very common anymore to find this type of customer service and product quality.

Last edited by Bob Hostetter; 08-23-2013 at 5:25 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 3:23 PM
Banned

And he's a pretty good shooter also...
Old 08-23-2013, 4:29 PM

Thumbs up

My two cents on this company. I have picked up GlockWorx trigger kits at match prize tables for the past few years in NorCal. The level of shooting sport support and match support from this company is beyond outstanding. I need to install the Ultimate Fulcrum kit after I reach Master level in the distant future.
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Glockworx.
Ray is a very good competitor. I have seen him in action at MGM Ironman earlier this year. For some reason, the squad we were in are all Californians.
Old 08-25-2013, 5:36 PM

I shot with Ray at the 2012 BARC match. Very nice guy... When Glockworx had their triggers on the prize table this year I heard several people state if called early enough they were gonna snag one of their triggers due to quality.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 PM

The first semi-automatic purchased close to 20 years ago is Glock 23. After literally putting thousands of rounds through it and working my way owning many Sigs, HK's etc etc I had Eric at GlockWorx go through and pretty much replace everything from fulcrum trigger kit, barrel, pin, springs...everything and tuned it. It is hands down my most accurate handgun I own. The service from Eric at GlockWorx is absolutely the best I have ever received anywhere. First class operation all the way and matched with superior products. I will be dropping the 19 off soon for a overhaul. Their level service makes me want to get another Glock knowing I' m in good hands for anything needed. I wish they would enter into the AR arena.
Old 08-27-2013, 5:04 AM

Glockwork is a great company I have several of their triggers they always have offered support for all their products. Gerry is a guy to deal with. He also has a fantastic knowledge. I have even done stippling and slide cuts with them!

Sorry ipad autocorrect and not proofing

Last edited by Kendoman; 08-27-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoman View Post
Glockwork is a great company I have several of their triggers they always have offered support for all their products. Gerry is a guy ideal with also theirs fantastic. I have even done stippling and slide cuts with them!
Wha?
Old 08-27-2013, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofatactical View Post
Wha?
Auto correct.... Sorry