Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-21-2013, 1:56 PM
Veteran Member

Default Sunday August 25- USI Concord - 50yd/100yd/200yd Bench Match - All Welcome

This Sunday in Concord at United Sportsmen's 200yd Multi-Purpose Range is Diablo Rod & Gun Club's monthly Benchrest Match.
Sign-in is at 1pm, shooting immediately after. This is a "Score" match, not a Smallest Group contest, so any accurate gun is welcome.
Scores & awards will be announced in the Clubhouse immediately following the match, which should finish by approximately 3pm.
Cost is $5 per rifle entered.

This is a low-key, un-registered match. Shooting is supposed to be fun - and this is, we just count the scores at the end.

This is a Bench match (no Prone) with shots fired from a rest or bipod or shooting bag atop the bench. We now have a limited supply
(dozen or so) of sandbags.

All Rimfire shooters compete at 50yds. The Scoped Centerfire shooters compete at 200yds, while Iron-sighted Centerfire do so at 100yds.
Awards are given for 1st place in each category and also for each "Class" if we have at least three (Eg; ARs, 10-22s etc) to make up a Class.

The Rimfire matches take place first, there will be separate matches for Open Sight Rimfire and Scoped Rimfire, bring two rifles and shoot both.

Following Rimfire we'll have one match for all Centerfire shooters (if demand calls for it - Ie; enough people want to shoot both Open Sighted and Scoped Centerfire guns - we'll break Centerfire into two matches as well, just not this month.

Shooters have 30 minutes to fire an unlimited number of Sighters shots as well as their Record shots (20 Record shots for Open Sights, 25 Record shots for Scoped) during the firing period. Bring enough rounds for 20 Record Shots and enough Sighters; around 40 to 50 minimum.

IMPORTANT! If your riflescope cannot make out your bullet holes on targets, bring a spotting scope that can.

You do not need be a Diablo Gun Club member to shoot! However non-members must present a Purple USI Safety Card which is obtained at the Public Range Office after you have been given a ten minute briefing. Arrive around 12:30 and go to the Public Range Office to give yourself time to get one before the match sign-in at 1pm. The card is free and is also required to shoot on the public ranges there.

The USI Multi-Purpose Range is beyond the Public range up the road at the top of the drive on the right side. Be there by 1pm sharp.

Spectators are welcome, just need to bring eye and ear protection.

Leave a post if you think you can make it or if you have a question.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:07 PM

See ya' Sunday.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Guys (and Gals), if you've got a few hours this Sunday afternoon and some ammo loaded, drive over and check these matches out.

I guarantee you'll have fun - if you don't I'll refund your entry fee.
Old 08-24-2013, 5:05 PM

I always have fun at the 200 yard matches...but being the cheap *** that I am...I don't think I will have any fun at all tomorrow...of course, just jokin'.

See ya' tomorrow.