Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 6:47 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickrock1 View Post
I couldn't careless
Wow, someone who actually gets the wording of the phrase correct this time hahaha.
Old 08-19-2013, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflegear View Post
Sir, I'm sorry that you feel we played with your gun, but here are a couple considerations:

1. Almost everyone that works here already owns a Glock or two (or four, in one employee's situation). According to our records, we have had roughly 1,300 Glocks come through the shop in the last 365 days. We also have more on the shelves in the back right now than I am allowed to disclose. I promise that we have absolutely no reason to go find your Glock in the cage to play with it, sir.

2. Personally, I don't even use snapcaps with my Glock and neither do most people I know. Pretty much the only time anyone puts snapcaps in a gun here is during the state mandated "Safe Handling Demo". Didn't you load a red snapcap into your Glock yourself during the demonstration? That may explain the snapcap debris in your chamber...

3. You said in the OP that your finish was noticeably damaged. Was there any damage present other than the red snapcap flakes in your chamber? Did you mention the alleged damage to anyone when you inspected the firearm during your pick up?

Please let us know.

Thanks

-RG Staff
The flakes were present before the safety test and the scratch was mentioned and the guy didnt seem to care but he could have just not heard and walked into the back and at that point we left
Old 08-19-2013, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
It put the tampon in the wrong spot
If you weren't so used to shoving things up your *** you wouldn't have that problem
Old 08-19-2013, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertarianOi View Post
The flakes were present before the safety test and the scratch was mentioned and the guy didnt seem to care but he could have just not heard and walked into the back and at that point we left
Did you buy NEW glock from RG or PPT?
Old 08-19-2013, 7:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Thats why they felt the need to open and fondle a box of hollow points I bought like they had never seen such a thing before? The saddest part about this is it wasn't even a high end gun it was a Glock and the red flakes from the snapcaps that coated the chamber kinda shows someone was playing with it
Feel free to PM me your actual name and then I can check your paperwork to see when you were in the store and the security camera footage. If I find an employee fondling the box of ammo you purchased I can inquire with them as to why. I'll also look to see if you chambered a snap cap during your safe handling demonstration, and if not, chastise the employee for not properly performing that demonstration as well. But then again, maybe it will explain said residue you are complaining about...

Quote:
Who was the employee that signed you out? Did you notice the scratch before or after you signed out the firearm? If you were unsatisfied with the condition of the firearm you should not have signed it out and instead asked to speak to a manager. Coming here after the fact and throwing a bomb while hiding behind an anonymous forum profile is not the way to handle a legitimate customer service issue. Still waiting to get an actual name so that I can verify anything you are saying. I'll keep it private so don't worry about me responding in kind to the way you approached the situation here. You say you want respect, handle it like a grown man and maybe you will get some in return.

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by shark92651; 08-19-2013 at 7:25 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 7:18 PM
Hate Tyranny
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I've never been to the store, but I do business with them regularly. I'm really picky about customer service and frankly RifleGear has been very good to do business with. The only company that has given me better service is Primary Arms and they are animals about customer service especially their amazing shipping times. But I digress...

Some folks have very serious views about how firearms retailers should conduct themselves and the dealers they prefer are very stodgy. I get the impression that Rifle Gear is filled with firearms lovers who love what they do and respect the need for safety so if one of those people stepped over the line you should take that up with the manager or owner face to face. Make sure you let the management know who it was. I believe, based on my interaction with the company that they will take care of it.

No need to bring it to the Forum unless you do not get satisfaction from Rifle Gear management.

That is why you are getting the cr@p beat out of you here.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act... --George Orwell
Old 08-19-2013, 7:44 PM
CGN Contributor

Primary Arms are truly monsters about customer service, love those guys!

Quote:
An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free. A. E. van Vogt. (The Weapon Shops of Isher)
Quote:
...all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by... John Masefield
Know our enemy - Liberal Progressives are fascists and traitors to America and deserve lifetime exile at the least. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Fascism
Old 08-19-2013, 7:50 PM

I had Rifle gear assemble my lower , Great job. I did my 1st PPT there ,Just Fine. Now I need a Upper . Just waiting for stock.
Old 08-19-2013, 8:07 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Really?

Quote:
Worst gun shop I have been in! The staff was incompetent at best, they have no muzzle or trigger discipline, I got flagged by everyone in the store at least once they also play with customer merchandise causing noticeable damage to the finish. This place is a joke the staff dont even know the letter of the law regarding paper work to bring in.

I Will never shop here nor will I recommend it to anyone and I will actively steer people away from this place until they get all new staff that learn basic gun safety and basic respect to not man handle customer firearms like toys
Intersting statements. Everyone has an opinion about one shop or another. The consesus here, and on many other forums, is that RifleGear is a great shop. Your alleged experience strays from the norm; perhaps you're telling the truth, or perhaps you just felt like complaining - it's Monday afterall - or perhaps you work for some competitor, or maybe your name is Kevin. We really don't know, but since RifleGear staff have chimed in to assist I hope that you take advantage of their support to resolve your issue.
Old 08-19-2013, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

You know, the last time I heard you were racists, I went to the store to check it out for myself - I purchased a complete lower just to see if it was true.

Now that I hear what jerks you are, and that you play with customers guns - I might have to go call on you guys again and buy myself something new.......you know, just to follow up and make sure these new accusations are false.
Mark 14:51 - 52

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep7081
The more I am on CalGuns the more I see why government keeps certain people from owning firearms.
[/size]
Old 08-19-2013, 8:37 PM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

OP,

Believe it or don't, but Riflegear is good people.

The fact that they are here in this thread, trying to find out the when, why, and who pertaining to this transaction speaks volumes.

They will review the footage, to see where this thing came off the tracks. They have done so before. Funny thing is, in all of those cases, it was the customer who turned out to be incorrect.

My advice is to work with them, and figure out where communication broke down. Get on the same page as them, and find a solution.

They are an asset to the community that, quite frankly, you would be unwise to turn from out of spite.

Good luck.

Again, rifle gear is good people.

I'm not one of their fanboys. I am one of their friends. If they goof, they admit it. They are fair in their dealings.
Old 08-19-2013, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmar77 View Post
Good luck with the firing squad.....
...and they're chambering the square bullets.
Old 08-19-2013, 8:54 PM

RG peeps been good to me when I've visited.

Only complaint about them: RG is too far from my house!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:22 PM

I've only purchased one firearm from RG but encountered nothing but professionalism. I have been back for ammo purchases and hope to buy my next firearm from them. I love Riflegear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
You say you want respect, handle it like a grown man and maybe you will get some in return.

Last edited by Chefantone; 08-19-2013 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Phone post. Disregard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Calguns Addict

RifleGear is top notch - I've got a DROS ending there soon.

I call BS on the OP.

Besides - A scratch on your Glock makes you go ape chit...?

Hate to see what happens when your boyfriend doesn't text you back within 5 seconds....
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmar77 View Post
Good luck with the firing squad.....
...and they're chambering the square bullets.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Too late

Went there

Love the shop

Haters gonna hate!!!

OP- have you taken a look at GlockTalk.com?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

Each order I placed with RG was fullfilled quickly and professionally. Maybe it was just a bad day - we all face that sometime.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 PM

I have been wanting to make a trip up to Orange County to see all the cool stuff. It just sucks that if I start the dros there I would have to drive back up to pick it up. I do want to just hangout at riflegear and see what the buzz is about.
Old 08-20-2013, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumslie View Post
Welcome back fastkevin. You're opinions are wrong, but this is going to be another fun thread to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welchy View Post
This ought to be good.

I've bought and transferred some firearms before. Both were in the same condition as I left when I came to pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Desert View Post

Same here
Old 08-20-2013, 2:21 AM

The peeps at RG are by far the best I've encountered in OC gun stores!

Ian

Reporter: "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

Marine: "Recoil."
Old 08-20-2013, 8:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baka View Post
The peeps at RG are by far the best I've encountered in OC gun stores!

Ian
+1
Old 08-20-2013, 8:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Riflegear is a GREAT FFL.. I've spend well over 10 grand there over the years and it's always been a great experience.

Thier staff is always helpful and not worried about rushing you through the process.. Not always the absolute lowest prices, but fair prices and great customer service.

As for "muzzel sweeping".. well, it's a tiny store so I could see it happening, but I've never seen it happen.

So, for the most part I think the OP is full of crap.. just my .02

Hey, guess what? I'm off to Riflegear to pick up my new POF AR10..
"Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Theodore Roosevelt

Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA, Guardian Front Sight
Old 08-20-2013, 8:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So because I have a life and dont live on the forums I am some how a lesser life form?
No, because given the great service that 99% of the people have recieved there you seem to be full of crap..

The uber-low post count just adds a bit to the trolly flavor of the thread..
"Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Theodore Roosevelt

Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA, Guardian Front Sight
Old 08-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Vendor/Retailer

One of the sales guys figured out who this was, although the OP never bothered to contact me himself. I reviewed the security footage of his entire sign-out process. Not only did the OP not inspect the firearm and chamber with said "red residue" until after he performed the safe handling demonstration, the sales person stood to the side during the demonstration, the OP was never swept (although he did sweep the salesperson during the demo, but it is tight in there and there were several customers in the store), and upon completion of all the paperwork he inspected the firearm a little more, his buddy put it in the case for him, and they walked out the door without attempting to speak to anyone about any sort of scratch on the firearm. I also found out that the reason it appears that the OP is upset is because he brought in a self-written "rental agreement" that did not meet the requirements of POR and was asked to come back with a complete lease agreement that actually fulfills the requirements of proof of residency. If the OP feels he still has a legitimate beef with this transaction he is free to contact me in person.

www.riflegear.com
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 AM
9mm>.40
CGN Contributor

At least he didn't say they were racist.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

Owned!

Quote:
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k_lopez View Post
You know, the last time I heard you were racists, I went to the store to check it out for myself - I purchased a complete lower just to see if it was true.

Now that I hear what jerks you are, and that you play with customers guns - I might have to go call on you guys again and buy myself something new.......you know, just to follow up and make sure these new accusations are false.
LMFAO !! i will never stop going there until they have my photo on the wall that says "refuse service"
Old 08-20-2013, 12:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, my experience with RifleGear shows me that they're racists - they hate 1911s. Otherwise I can't explain why they fondled OP's Glock, but completely ignored my Dan Wesson CBOB when it was in their possession. They were accused of being racists before, which only confirms my theory.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 PM

Can you imagine if we paid attention to every whiner that complained about the less than stellar customer service they received at a gun store. We wouldn't have a gun store left to shop at. Cabelas sucks, Midway screwed me, Brownells blows, MBR has attitude, RG abuses guns, this store is a rip off, etc. Such nonsense!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
One of the sales guys figured out who this was, although the OP never bothered to contact me himself. I reviewed the security footage of his entire sign-out process. Not only did the OP not inspect the firearm and chamber with said "red residue" until after he performed the safe handling demonstration, the sales person stood to the side during the demonstration, the OP was never swept (although he did sweep the salesperson during the demo, but it is tight in there and there were several customers in the store), and upon completion of all the paperwork he inspected the firearm a little more, his buddy put it in the case for him, and they walked out the door without attempting to speak to anyone about any sort of scratch on the firearm. I also found out that the reason it appears that the OP is upset is because he brought in a self-written "rental agreement" that did not meet the requirements of POR and was asked to come back with a complete lease agreement that actually fulfills the requirements of proof of residency. If the OP feels he still has a legitimate beef with this transaction he is free to contact me in person.
I love how tight your ship is man. Everything where it needs to be. I would sail with you any day!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I for one can not understand why anyone would have an issue with RF. I purchased my first AR from them and the sales guys were amazing. I was with my wife who had never handled an AR and the sales guy had no problem explaining parts to her as well as how they function while I was browsing other stuff. I have since been in a few times for miscellaneous stuff and always am treated with the utmost respect. I recommend them to everyone I talk to and have never heard anything back except they took great care. Keep it up RF. You guys rip IMHO!
Old 08-20-2013, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Desert View Post

+1!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 1:52 PM

IAFP and RG proving the OP was a A+ #1 Doosh.

One of these days will need to stop in the retail store. Till then will continue to order via the webz.

Again... Riflegear is Top Notch in my book.
Old 08-20-2013, 4:38 PM

Quote:
If you weren't so used to shoving things up your *** you wouldn't have that problem
Lol
Old 08-20-2013, 4:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Only one question left... Was it FastKevin?

Old 08-20-2013, 6:56 PM

I'm having flashbacks! I remember this same taste of popcorn and feeling of uncontrollable laughter wanting to overwhelm me!
Old 08-20-2013, 8:27 PM

Quote:
The security cam does not lie. This makes it the second time the security cam has exonerated you guys against false accusations.
Old 08-20-2013, 9:18 PM

just another person who wants to be brave behind the computer and complain about something they dont have the balls to do in person, good job with security cam footage and although i never been to riflrgear i always hear nothing but good comments about the place.
Closed Thread