Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 01-20-2014, 2:05 PM

WTF, whats the story on this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscan925 View Post
I still love this one with his paratrooper bloused blues with tan boots. lmfao

Old 01-20-2014, 2:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmithcats View Post
If i remember correctly, he was a prior service airman. Got medically discharged or other than honorable and showed up to his step sons graduation. I dont remember if it was high school or military boot/basic graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I have Paramilitary training
Old 01-20-2014, 3:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterfpga View Post
If i remember correctly, he was a prior service airman. Got medically discharged or other than honorable and showed up to his step sons graduation. I dont remember if it was high school or military boot/basic graduation.
*edit* Oh SNAP! It was his step dads graduation!!!

I think he showed up at Ft Benning for his step sons Infantry OSUT like that. It was weird, his son was like in his early 20's, this cum stain was in his mid to late 20's and married an older woman who basically had a son almost his age.
He showed up and the Drills had a field day and went off on him and called the MPs. Later, he was "very upset about the unprofessional way the Drill Sargents treated him."

It's been a while since I read it but I'll try to google it.

Last edited by Maddog5150; 01-20-2014 at 3:22 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 3:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

BOOM headshot!!!

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=24149

Oh, and the Air Force guy sporting the four LT's facing...err... NW?
He's a guy running for mayor!!!!

http://guardianofvalor.com/melvin-ge...atching-heads/
Old 01-20-2014, 3:29 PM
Veteran Member

The cream of the crop. With guys like this we wont need to recruit anymore. Lmao

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 3:31 PM
Veteran Member

Oh, btw heres a good one i always laugh at.... I seen a chick on a social media site claim she was a navy veteran. Being that she was barely 18/19 i was curious, then the chick says she never completed boot camp..... FML, shut up chick.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 3:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

My best friend whom I served with has a wife who, if you give her the time of day, will tell you about her extravagant military career and how she know's more than you, etc etc.
She served two weeks in the AF and got medical discharged. He has to keep reminding her around his buddies who served to shut it.
Her and I don't get along, not because of that but we are like oil and water.
Old 01-20-2014, 4:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
My best friend whom I served with has a wife who, if you give her the time of day, will tell you about her extravagant military career and how she know's more than you, etc etc.
She served two weeks in the AF and got medical discharged. He has to keep reminding her around his buddies who served to shut it.
Her and I don't get along, not because of that but we are like oil and water.
Omfg! Yesssss i absolutely hate those people with a passion. Theyre almost as annoying as rotc cadets. Its funny that shes a wife of a military member though... Because.... They always are the ones to tell you how YOURE supposed to act and try to pull spouse rank on you.... And youre buddy has a two for one holy crap!

As for the just dont get a long part. I know how you feel. Ive had a small number of buddies who had girlfriends or wives who were just freaking annoying.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 4:07 PM
Zipper-Suited Sun God
CGN Contributor

I saw this sticker on the window of a car here on base today...

What the actual f@&k!?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.
Old 01-20-2014, 4:39 PM
Veteran Member

Me either. Many consider the oath a repledging of allegiance for being american which starts the day youre born until you die. Kind of like saying your vows again...

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 5:14 PM
Professional Beer Drinker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Haas View Post
I saw this sticker on the window of a car here on base today...

What the actual f@&k!?
My drill instructor said I was a Marine until Chesty Puller gave me permission to die!

Wow... where did that moto vomit come from?

Seriously though, I don't see the issue here. Just like old retired guys wearing Nam hats.
Old 01-20-2014, 5:25 PM
Zipper-Suited Sun God
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
National Defense Medal.. doesn't everybody have a couple of those?

committing to oath for lifetime?

I don't get the grievance..
That's just it... it's a freebie everyone gets right now for raising their right hand. Seeing it on an older vet's car is one thing... but I saw it on an E-1/2/3's car leaving the Marine barracks... just too moto for my taste.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.
Old 01-20-2014, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Haas View Post
That's just it... it's a freebie everyone gets right now for raising their right hand. Seeing it on an older vet's car is one thing... but I saw it on an E-1/2/3's car leaving the Marine barracks... just too moto for my taste.
Gotcha. Yeah new privates are always way too moto/hooah. There was a funny vid on vine about some new private who posted a vid saying, "ill protect you" bunch of reply vids making fun of him and saying, uhh no you wont go back to mopping. Lmao

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 6:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I saw a car a few weeks back with a PFC sticker on the back.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:12 PM
Veteran Member

Theres a new show called "enlisted" that should be good for some nice wtf laughs. I dont have cable though.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 6:22 PM

Quote:
11bravos fb page just posted this one

https://www.facebook.com/jon.prince.311

Which 11Bravo are you referring to? I hope you don't mean me. This guy fell short of putting a CMOH on his bib.
I could chew this up. First, conflict items (colors on subdued, too many flags to mention (no SM?), ****ing stupid store bought desert storm "tab". I could go on for ever. And the dude in his AF blues is hilarious. Crap, all these guys are funny but they are harmless. Same as everyone else online. I think it is fitting that the guy did this at Benning. If it had been in Cali no one would have gave a ****. At least he learned his lesson.

Last edited by 11bravo1p; 01-20-2014 at 6:31 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 6:28 PM
CGSSA Associate

I heard they were going to re-make a movie in his honor, called "Delta Bravo Force".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmedic View Post
I'd nut punch him with my cock!
Say whaaaaa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 01-20-2014, 6:47 PM

Are those supposed to be foreign military awards above his nonexistent nametape? I don't think he even knows how to shave a beret.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:51 PM

It does look like he used sizing instead of starch on those BDUs. Got that part right.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:53 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know how to shave a beret either.
Old 01-20-2014, 6:57 PM

I know, they teach that at the unit level. Not at Benning. Surprise they don't teach after your 10th jump when you get those golden wings
Old 01-20-2014, 6:59 PM

Used to be, only airborne had a7a straps as belts too.
Old 01-20-2014, 7:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
It puts rubs the lotion on the it's skin!
(fixed it for you...)
"or else it gets the hose again"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCSZfmbFJyQ

Last edited by Ronin2; 01-20-2014 at 7:30 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2 View Post
(fixed it for you...)
WTF is this??
Old 01-20-2014, 7:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
F*cking MPs, worthless pieces of Sh*t, (worst 3 years of my life) Deployed to Iraq as an MP, terrible time, females in the unit running a brothel out of their room, individuals with well over ten years of service asking me if I had zeroed the AT-4 and if I had extra rounds for it, another individual (20 year SPC) asking what the AT-4 was. Add in the E-6 gunner (driver was an E-6 as well with the TC a Corporal) firing a warning shot with the Ma Duce, inside of the Green Zone. Three E-6s (one a female who pissed herself the one time she went on patrol) refusing to leave the wire, so they get put in the TOC and being given Bronze Stars, a male SGT who dropped a tow bar on his foot and then milked it for the rest of the deployment while his WIFE continued to go out on patrol up until she was sent home because she had a broken ankle. A female SGT who got reassigned to our unit because she was banging everyone in her original unit. A female SFC or MSG (I forget) banging SPCs. The CO and XO being fired during the train up, the 1SG being fired and sent home within the first week or so of us getting into Iraq (I thought we deployed without him, never saw him once we left Ft Dix) A female E4 or 5 who was sent home shortly after going home on leave because she got knocked up on leave by one of the male soldiers who went home on leave at the same time.

I am so grateful this most recent deployment was all men and for the most part all Combat Arms (minus the S2, S4, S6, and medic) not bad, 18 guys, 8 of them being Officers, only one lower enlisted (not counting the medic who was a Corporal) of those ten Combat Arms, 11A, 11B, 11C, 13F, and 19A. We didn't have any of those problems I experienced on my last deployment, everyone was relatively competent in their jobs and mature enough to not get into shenanigans, minus the SSG and 1LT setting off 9 claymores within minutes, giving themselves TBI lol.
sounds like the NG unit I was sadly attached to they attached the whole lot of THT teams to a NG unit out of Louisiana now there were some great people in that unit and some I still talk to often. the COC was a bunch of POS's though. one of the 1sgts knocked up an E4 and when I saw him again well he was an E6 like me. LOL. they were a mess. Intel is a completely different world when your not in it from the get go. I was cross leveled into and man I tell you there are some snobby a&& people in it zero common sense tons of book smarts but put them on a mission at night and OMG look out. I shook my head at some of them. I was from a maintenance unit and many of us were a mixed bag of medics, mechanics, admin some combat arms and so on. but I hear you when units are so f'd up you want to scream. this was in 05 and 06 in Iraq when it was kinda fun but garrison broke out and screwed it all up. no more fun in the combat zone.

the best part of our deployment was coming home the whole NG BN left most of us behind in Kuwait so we were free of them for a few days. but the really screwed up part was they bumped some of our guys off their flight to make room for their people and also they left people in Baghdad and went to Kuwait and then home. well the MIRC CSM heard of this and went off on the NG BN SGM and locked his heals for this. it was the most F'd up SGM I ever met. leaving people behind so you can get home such BS.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 01-20-2014 at 8:00 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
sounds like the NG unit I was sadly attached to they attached the whole lot of THT teams to a NG unit out of Louisiana now there were some great people in that unit and some I still talk to often. the COC was a bunch of POS's though. one of the 1sgts knocked up an E4 and when I saw him again well he was an E6 like me. LOL. they were a mess. Intel is a completely different world when your not in it from the get go. I was cross leveled into and man I tell you there are some snobby a&& people in it zero common sense tons of book smarts but put them on a mission at night and OMG look out. I shook my head at some of them. I was from a maintenance unit and many of us were a mixed bag of medics, mechanics, admin some combat arms and so on. but I hear you when units are so f'd up you want to scream. this was in 05 and 06 in Iraq when it was kinda fun but garrison broke out and screwed it all up. no more fun in the combat zone.

the best part of our deployment was coming home the whole NG BN left most of us behind in Kuwait so we were free of them for a few days. but the really screwed up part was they bumped some of our guys off their flight to make room for their people and also they left people in Baghdad and went to Kuwait and then home. well the MIRC CSM heard of this and went off on the NG BN SGM and locked his heals for this. it was the most F'd up SGM I ever met. leaving people behind so you can get home such BS.
Did you get your G.E.D?
Old 01-20-2014, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmithcats View Post
I have seen pics of North Korean generals with less metal on their chests. Those guys were only exceeded by Warsaw Pact generals of sixties
Old 01-20-2014, 9:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bravo1p View Post
Which 11Bravo are you referring to? I hope you don't mean me. This guy fell short of putting a CMOH on his bib.
I could chew this up. First, conflict items (colors on subdued, too many flags to mention (no SM?), ****ing stupid store bought desert storm "tab". I could go on for ever. And the dude in his AF blues is hilarious. Crap, all these guys are funny but they are harmless. Same as everyone else online. I think it is fitting that the guy did this at Benning. If it had been in Cali no one would have gave a ****. At least he learned his lesson.
No, there's a community page of 11bravos something or other. Little defensive?
Naw mang, I don't even know who you are
Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2 View Post
(fixed it for you...)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
No, there's a community page of 11bravos something or other. Little defensive?
Naw mang, I don't even know who you are
Yeah, maybe i was defensive. My bad. Felt called out given the thread title. I appreciate the response.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
movie - silence of the lambs..

a parody song for the fans..

Yeah, I know what it is but it seemed out of context. Apparently I am doing that allot lately. I think this is where I realize that I am old.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:27 PM

Hooah Killer Bee. Drive on Brother

Last edited by 11bravo1p; 01-21-2014 at 12:17 AM..
Old 01-21-2014, 9:28 AM

I don't mean to thread-jack, but this seems like as good a place as any to ask this question.

I was given a USMC surplus MARPAT backpack for volunteering for a local homeless veteran's charity about a year ago. It was brand new and still in the original plastic wrap but came out of the bin with all the rest of the surplus items the organization gives to local venterans and their families.

I went on a trip recently and used the bag to hold my week's clothes instead of checking luggage on the flight. While in line I noticed a US Army solider who was not in uniform but had his issued pack and looked the part. It was obvious he was on vacation with his spouse. Anyways, the guy kept eyeing me and saying things to his wife. I don't know if I was being paranoid or what have you, but I guess I want to know from those who have served or are serving, was I committing a no-no by wearing a MARPAT surplus bag in public? I asked my two close friends who are currently serving and they said no, but I got the feeling this guy felt differently.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Default He With The Most Medals Wins !

Old 01-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq View Post
I don't mean to thread-jack, but this seems like as good a place as any to ask this question.

I was given a USMC surplus MARPAT backpack for volunteering for a local homeless veteran's charity about a year ago. It was brand new and still in the original plastic wrap but came out of the bin with all the rest of the surplus items the organization gives to local venterans and their families.

I went on a trip recently and used the bag to hold my week's clothes instead of checking luggage on the flight. While in line I noticed a US Army solider who was not in uniform but had his issued pack and looked the part. It was obvious he was on vacation with his spouse. Anyways, the guy kept eyeing me and saying things to his wife. I don't know if I was being paranoid or what have you, but I guess I want to know from those who have served or are serving, was I committing a no-no by wearing a MARPAT surplus bag in public? I asked my two close friends who are currently serving and they said no, but I got the feeling this guy felt differently.
No. As long as its not stuff like a dress uniform. Surplus gear is.... Surplus gear. He was probably just trying to figure you out or youre just paranoid.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG View Post
Story?

Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterfpga View Post
Story?
No story, just a pic off the internet.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG View Post
No story, just a pic off the internet.
Dang

Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 9:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I transferred units a short while back and was behind the armory smoking a cigarette and chugging cough syrup when I walked into a conversation this other specialist was telling privates. He was in Iraq and he turned the corner to see "hadji" there staring at him with a rifle. Just as he raised his rifle, a tomahawk came flying past him, embed itself into the chest, and knocked the guy off his feet like he just got hit by a shot gun. The guy who threw it, who wasn't even combat arms so no idea how he ended up clearing rooms, walked up and pulled it out, wiped it on dead guys clothing before nodding for approval for a notch on his tomahawk.

... I looooool'd and lol'd and lol'd.
OK so I wasn't chugging sizzurp but I the rest happened as far as walking in on this story and me laughing.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I transferred units a short while back and was behind the armory smoking a cigarette and chugging cough syrup when I walked into a conversation this other specialist was telling privates. He was in Iraq and he turned the corner to see "hadji" there staring at him with a rifle. Just as he raised his rifle, a tomahawk came flying past him, embed itself into the chest, and knocked the guy off his feet like he just got hit by a shot gun. The guy who threw it, who wasn't even combat arms so no idea how he ended up clearing rooms, walked up and pulled it out, wiped it on dead guys clothing before nodding for approval for a notch on his tomahawk.

... I looooool'd and lol'd and lol'd.
OK so I wasn't chugging sizzurp but I the rest happened as far as walking in on this story and me laughing.
Hahaha, you know it might sound crazy, but there was a cavalry 1SG in my division that killed a dude with his tomahawk that was a gift for graduating Ranger School. Not as dramatic as throwing it, but his joes were clearing a house and he was at the front door when hajji jumped out of a closet. Well the guy came out so close to his soldier that their rifles got all tangled up and they started wrestling around. 1SG decided he couldn't risk shooting that close so he hit the guy with his tomahawk without thinking killing him. This 80's movie action flick kill got him a handshake from Bush and a presidential coin when he visited Bragg.