Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-02-2008, 6:58 PM

Default 50 Beowulf Reloading?

Can anyone give me info on how to reload 50 Beowulf, a walkthrough of sorts? I'm new to reloading but I'm going to get a press soon and I can't seem to find any standardized 50 Beowulf setups. I was talking with someone a while ago who told me that the 50 Beowulf and some other cartridge used the same reloading dies...? I know I can get a set from Alexander Arms, but I would appreciate any and all info on what I need to do to get this in motion. Thanx!
-VERY good condition original Colt Python revolver, black chrome bluing in 357mag/38spc
-Noveske N6 Lower Receiver
GET TO THUH CHOPPUH!!
Old 01-02-2008, 9:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanryder View Post
Can anyone give me info on how to reload 50 Beowulf, a walkthrough of sorts? I'm new to reloading but I'm going to get a press soon and I can't seem to find any standardized 50 Beowulf setups. I was talking with someone a while ago who told me that the 50 Beowulf and some other cartridge used the same reloading dies...? I know I can get a set from Alexander Arms, but I would appreciate any and all info on what I need to do to get this in motion. Thanx!
Beowulf uses it's own dies. Alexander got Lee to make them. They are not carbide, but the only option, so you will need to use lube.

I would recommend you checkout www.50beowulf.com forums for all the information you ever wanted and more about the Beowulf cartridge.

Cheers.
Old 01-02-2008, 9:02 PM

Does this mean I need to use a Lee press to reload Beowulf. Or can I use my RCBS?
Old 01-02-2008, 9:10 PM

You know, I called up Alexander Arms not too long ago asking about reloading. They said they use Dillon presses there and the same dies that they sell. Going on that, I don't see why you'd need a Lee press.
-VERY good condition original Colt Python revolver, black chrome bluing in 357mag/38spc
-Noveske N6 Lower Receiver
GET TO THUH CHOPPUH!!
Old 01-02-2008, 9:17 PM
Veteran Member

It will fit any press that utilizes 7/8" dies. I have been reloading the 50 Beo for over a year now and it is no different than any other caliber. The main items to get is the case gauge and make sure you use the bell die to avoid the infamous bulge.
Old 01-02-2008, 9:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
Does this mean I need to use a Lee press to reload Beowulf. Or can I use my RCBS?
If your RCBS uses standard dies (pretty sure all RCBS's use standard dies) then yes, you will be fine.

I use Lee, Redding, Dillon, and other manufacturer's dies in my Dillon.

Some presses (like the Dillon Square Deal) use proprietary dies, which would not work in this case.