Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 2:19 AM

Default Good shops in Temecula other than Turners

Just wanted to post this to remind people that there are still some other good options in the area as the last time I went in turners it was a cluster. I went to Steel Water Firearms today and picked up a MAG tactical systems fde receiver which looks pretty good but didn't have to take a number and they were very helpful and had me in and out in no time at all at an excellent price none the less. Also faith armory in town is a great option too. Just don't want to see these businesses fall to the way side as the more gun shops we have the better.

Pic for reference

Last edited by Rob7.62; 08-12-2013 at 2:28 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 2:35 AM
Veteran Member

Faith Armory is on point too@!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 3:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Faith was nice to deal with not mention the cutie behind the desk that actually new her stuff!

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
Old 08-12-2013, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lostinspace View Post
Faith was nice to deal with not mention the cutie behind the desk that actually new her stuff!
Always a plus! She was lookin good yesterday too
Old 08-12-2013, 9:47 AM
CalGuns Addict
CGN Contributor

ive always had good experiences at The Shootist in murrieta
Old 08-12-2013, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnichols View Post
ive always had good experiences at The Shootist in murrieta
I have to agree I had a bad experience with shootist years ago but recently tried them again and they were great defiantly redeemed themselves. We're defiantly lucky to have so many options
Old 08-12-2013, 9:29 PM

Another vote for the Shootist..Great customer service and knowledgeable.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

In Turners defense, if you were there during the Grand Opening sale when they did in fact give out numbers, I'm sure that will be the exception and not the rule. Yes, it was a madhouse when I was there, but since I was just looking around and not in those long lines, it was no big deal to me. I have no doubt that will not be an everyday occurrence although I'm sure they would like it to be.

As far as Faith Armory, they just recently opened their new store that is much larger and even has an archery range. Nate began with a real small shop and has been able to successfully build his business to enable him to move into a space as big, if not bigger than the new Turners. Congratulations to him.

The Shootist has changed in recent years since the daughter of the owner (recently retired) has taken over the management and running of it. We had a booth there last year during the annual manufacture trailer event. It wasn't held this year due to the shelves being pretty much empty.

The new manager explained to me the employees who were full of FUD (telling people that standard capacity mags bought before the 2000 ban were felonies to possess and featureless rifles with the MM grip were AW), are no longer there. Those who weren't willing to provide correct and legal info on the laws were let go. It is a refreshing place to go to now.

When I moved in in late 2006, there was The Shootist and one in Temecula (can't recall the name). They had some problems and went out of business, so having 4 (Steelwater also) in the area is good for all of us. Hopefully they can all do well to sustain their business model and provide us all a number of choices.

I don't represent any of them, but have been in all of them.
Old 08-13-2013, 7:09 AM

Shootist

US Army Combat Engineer 03'-08' 1st Cav
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Huge vote for Faith. Nicer people, no attitude, no pressure.
Old 09-06-2013, 5:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Faith is very laidback and casual... unlike many shops they don't look down their nose at you for asking questions. The Shootist is always packed and busy, but they do know their stuff too!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 09-09-2013, 7:15 AM

The Shootist in Murrieta has excellent customer service and decent prices.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Geek View Post
Huge vote for Faith. Nicer people, no attitude, no pressure.
^^^^ THIS. Faith is the nicest shop around. I think they'll give the shootist a run for their money.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:13 PM

What ever you do DO NOT GO TO THE SHOOTIST been waiting for a call back since November for a rifle I was interested in and no response, worst customer service!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:18 PM

Another vote for faith, especially in their new location. Also, check out the new ammo store right down the road at Winchester x Enterprise, Ammo World I think it's called? Went in there last week and picked up 9mm hollow points, good guy behind the counter too
Old 09-11-2013, 1:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob7.62 View Post
Just wanted to post this to remind people that there are still some other good options in the area as the last time I went in turners it was a cluster. I went to Steel Water Firearms today and picked up a MAG tactical systems fde receiver which looks pretty good but didn't have to take a number and they were very helpful and had me in and out in no time at all at an excellent price none the less. Also faith armory in town is a great option too. Just don't want to see these businesses fall to the way side as the more gun shops we have the better.

Pic for reference
Another vote for Steel Water!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM

Just found this thread. We are here too! Tactical Impressions & Arms. Were located in Murrieta and will do our best to beat anyone else's prices. We do transfers and buy used guns as well. Give us a call! 951-491-9304

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-01-2013, 6:54 AM

Shootist, good folks.
Old 10-05-2013, 9:29 AM

Smile I shop at all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
In Turners defense, if you were there during the Grand Opening sale when they did in fact give out numbers, I'm sure that will be the exception and not the rule. Yes, it was a madhouse when I was there, but since I was just looking around and not in those long lines, it was no big deal to me. I have no doubt that will not be an everyday occurrence although I'm sure they would like it to be.

As far as Faith Armory, they just recently opened their new store that is much larger and even has an archery range. Nate began with a real small shop and has been able to successfully build his business to enable him to move into a space as big, if not bigger than the new Turners. Congratulations to him.

The Shootist has changed in recent years since the daughter of the owner (recently retired) has taken over the management and running of it. We had a booth there last year during the annual manufacture trailer event. It wasn't held this year due to the shelves being pretty much empty.

The new manager explained to me the employees who were full of FUD (telling people that standard capacity mags bought before the 2000 ban were felonies to possess and featureless rifles with the MM grip were AW), are no longer there. Those who weren't willing to provide correct and legal info on the laws were let go. It is a refreshing place to go to now.

When I moved in in late 2006, there was The Shootist and one in Temecula (can't recall the name). They had some problems and went out of business, so having 4 (Steelwater also) in the area is good for all of us. Hopefully they can all do well to sustain their business model and provide us all a number of choices.

I don't represent any of them, but have been in all of them.
I live in Murrieta, and enjoy the luxury of having four gun shops nearby.
Faith Armory would have to be my favorite, because of the excellent selection, good prices, and excellent customer service (BTW: the "cutie" behind the counter is Chambrea). When I need to do a PPT, I go to Turners, because they're open seven days a week, and the dealer only makes $10 on a PPT, so I don't want to waste Faith's time and effort on this. The Shootist is not the friendliest shop around, but boy do they have a great selection! They have some good deals on hard-to-find used guns (I bought two Contenders from them). Steelwater is very friendly, but not much selection, and almost zero used guns. They do offer free coffee (same as Faith), and they do have powders and primers when the other stores are out. Ironfire is the name of the small shop that used to work out of Chaparral Coin in downtown Murrieta. They did not go out of business; John is just working out of his home now, and he can order you whatever you want. I think he charges $90 for an out-of-state handgun transfer. PM me if you want his contact information. Temecula once had Cartridge World; I saw their van the other day, so I wonder if they are going to re-start the business.

I still don't have a good gunsmith in the area. Faith has a gunsmith, whom I have not met, who comes in after hours. The Shootist has a gunsmith on site, but I was not impressed with his knowledge. One of the girls at the Shootist, however, is the daughter of Dave at Cal Customs in Fallbrook. I trust his work. PM me if you have any questions about stores in the area.

Molon Labe,
Will
Old 04-25-2014, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satmary View Post
I live in Murrieta, and enjoy the luxury of having four gun shops nearby.
Faith Armory would have to be my favorite, because of the excellent selection, good prices, and excellent customer service (BTW: the "cutie" behind the counter is Chambrea). When I need to do a PPT, I go to Turners, because they're open seven days a week, and the dealer only makes $10 on a PPT, so I don't want to waste Faith's time and effort on this. The Shootist is not the friendliest shop around, but boy do they have a great selection! They have some good deals on hard-to-find used guns (I bought two Contenders from them). Steelwater is very friendly, but not much selection, and almost zero used guns. They do offer free coffee (same as Faith), and they do have powders and primers when the other stores are out. Ironfire is the name of the small shop that used to work out of Chaparral Coin in downtown Murrieta. They did not go out of business; John is just working out of his home now, and he can order you whatever you want. I think he charges $90 for an out-of-state handgun transfer. PM me if you want his contact information. Temecula once had Cartridge World; I saw their van the other day, so I wonder if they are going to re-start the business.

I still don't have a good gunsmith in the area. Faith has a gunsmith, whom I have not met, who comes in after hours. The Shootist has a gunsmith on site, but I was not impressed with his knowledge. One of the girls at the Shootist, however, is the daughter of Dave at Cal Customs in Fallbrook. I trust his work. PM me if you have any questions about stores in the area.

Molon Labe,
Will
My pops and I are in Murrieta and run a small shop. We're called Tactical Impressions & Arms. We don't do gunsmithing but we can get you or anyone else anything they want. Just figured I'd throw this out there to save you guys some money!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2014, 12:39 PM

My experience with The Shootist is mixed. Sometimes I encounter friendly service, sometimes I don't. I go only for the selection, especially when they have 22lr ammo.
Old 04-30-2014, 3:01 PM

I had a PPT transfer at the Shootist the buyer for my firearm got there early, while he was waiting the salesperson (who was told they where there to do a PPT) tried to sell him a "better" firearm, told him the firearm he was buying was not that good, when I arrived he told me what was going on, I tried to talk to the manager, while I was speaking to the manager, salesman moved in and continued to bad mouth the S&W I was selling, the buyer had specified the Shootist. Won't ever go there again,

I have used Steel water on several occasions, good svs. knowledgeable sales people.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDunn45 View Post
I had a PPT transfer at the Shootist the buyer for my firearm got there early, while he was waiting the salesperson (who was told they where there to do a PPT) tried to sell him a "better" firearm, told him the firearm he was buying was not that good, when I arrived he told me what was going on, I tried to talk to the manager, while I was speaking to the manager, salesman moved in and continued to bad mouth the S&W I was selling, the buyer had specified the Shootist. Won't ever go there again,

I have used Steel water on several occasions, good svs. knowledgeable sales people.
Wow. I want to go there and pretend to be waiting for a PPT just to see if I get a similar result. Would like to see what negative crap some dbag has to say about a gun I like?
Old 05-05-2014, 6:18 PM

Good gun shop and "turners" should not be in the same sentence. Some moron employee there was arguing with me when I was looking for the Kimber pro carry in .38 super. He was trying to tell me that .38 super was a rim fire cartridge. I'm not kidding.

Then, at the one in chino, I was interested in the cetme HK clone in .223.. The employee told me they only make it in .308.... And he was nearly swearing at me when I was nicely trying to tell him he was wrong, and he's thinking about the ptr91. The only reason I was educating him was because I wanted them to order the rifle from century. I ended up just walking out.

At every turners I have been to, it seems everyone there has an attitude, not to mention, they think they know everything when my fiancé knows more than they ever will.

Oh... And their prices?......
Old 05-05-2014, 6:51 PM

In my experience, every gun shop has had it's one or two bad apples, but I can't think of a reason not to go back to any of them. Just try and get a different salesperson.

Only beef I have with Turners is they are like McDonalds. Same boring stuff in every store, and same boring weekly sales

I bought a new Sig 220 at Shootist and it was a good experience. The blonde saleslady was as good as any one I ever dealt with and the price was $315 under sug retail.

Last edited by cantdance; 05-05-2014 at 6:55 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 7:24 PM

West coast ammo is doing FFL transactions now just not sure to what extent but they did say they'd do PPT's and still have a great selection of ammo. Just picked up a M&P 22 there earlier this week and Rob and Cody are both good dudes.
As for my earlier positive comment about Faith for 30.00 for a 50 pack of .22 they can keep it. Also recently had a guy at the shootist say that 80% and pistol builds are all illegal and anyone who won't let an LE search there safes must have something to hide. He's entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled never to shop there again. End rant

Last edited by retired; 05-13-2014 at 1:14 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 8:02 AM

Really enjoy going to Faith Armory myself, make the trip with my family from Beaumont down to Temecula usually about twice a month. I did a PPT there a few months back and have to say it was about the best experience doing a PPT I have had to date.
Old 05-06-2014, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

Purchased a couple of rifles from the Shootist. Great People and good service!
Old 05-06-2014, 8:38 AM

My sister lives in Murrieta and whenever we visit, I go to Faith Armory. Majority of my rifles was bought here. Even during the gun scare, their prices were still great and was never inflated. I trust these guys. Great people. Great service. They also follow up on you from time to time. Steelwater Firearms wasn't as great before. Had issues with them and their prices wasn't as competitive. They inflated everything during the gun scare while Faith Armory remained fair. Can't say now since I haven't been there in a while. The Shootist is alright. Lots of selection with fair prices. Turner's wasn't as bad the first time I went there. Not that crowded and customer service was great. I haven't been there since Jan. so I guess it's a downward spiral now like the other turners. All in all, Faith Armory is my go to place when I visit there.
Old 05-06-2014, 5:18 PM

Turners... 100 count, CCi MiniMags... $17.99

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 06-08-2014, 9:15 PM

I've been to the shootist on several occasions standing at the gun counter waiting for a salesman while they walk by me without saying a word. I have bought guns from them before and only 1 out of the 3 major purchases I've made we're pleasant! I will never buy a gun from them again unless they make some big changes. Faith is a nice shop and I enjoy going there. I go there about twice a month and have never been there for more than 15 minutes without a salesman checking to see if I need any help. I try to give faith my business as often as I can.
Old 06-09-2014, 8:15 AM

+1 for Faith Armory. Bought my Colt 1911 there and couldn't be more pleased. Not to mention they have a decent stocked reloading section. Been meaning to take their 1911 class one of these days...

--- Napoleon
Old 06-09-2014, 9:01 AM

Faith Armory for the win.
Old 06-24-2014, 9:27 PM

Can anyone tell me what the cost of the PPT at faith armory is?
Old 06-27-2014, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor1904 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the cost of the PPT at faith armory is?
$35
Old 07-22-2014, 7:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Faith! I have also been ignored at The Shootist on occasion...not the most inviting gunshop. Faith is awesome especially in their new location!