Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 08-10-2013, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Odd

So I'm seeing this girl,and she's politically anti gun.Not ideal,but its her right to hold that belief.

So I prepared for the worst after she discovered my CCW status.Turned out ,essentially,she hates guns unless its me carrying one."I feel safe around you" was the statement she made.

Can the ladies here break down the rationale behind her thinking?Not that I'm complaining,I just don't get the emotional dichotomy.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 08-10-2013, 3:35 PM

I can break it down pretty easy. She is anti because she has no experience with guns. She says it is political because she listens to what the left schools are teaching and she has been taught to distrust guns. She is afraid of guns, period. She trusts you, so she trusts the gun in YOUR hands.

If and when she goes shooting with you or takes a handgun safety class, she will eventually feel different. I was afraid of guns for most of my life. Then I discovered they are dangerous in inexperienced hands. I am not afraid anymore. I have done a complete turnaround in my way of thinking. Give her time and don't push. Just make her feel safe and she will come around.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
I can break it down pretty easy. She is anti because she has no experience with guns. She says it is political because she listens to what the left schools are teaching and she has been taught to distrust guns. She is afraid of guns, period. She trusts you, so she trusts the gun in YOUR hands.

If and when she goes shooting with you or takes a handgun safety class, she will eventually feel different. I was afraid of guns for most of my life. Then I discovered they are dangerous in inexperienced hands. I am not afraid anymore. I have done a complete turnaround in my way of thinking. Give her time and don't push. Just make her feel safe and she will come around.
Yep!
Old 08-14-2013, 1:14 PM

Wow Savannah broke that one down good!
Old 08-14-2013, 2:26 PM

I'm not a female---
Uh let me double check--
Nope not a female, but you have a great opportunity here to sway another person from the dark side.
This girl would probably change her opinion with some careful mentoring from you.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:32 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

she trusts Silver.
she doesn't trust others with guns.
perhaps one day he'll get her to a range and she'll see responsible gun owners.
perhaps one day she'll even ask to fire a pistol....and may I suggest you start with a .22lr, silver?
and perhaps one day she'll realize that she too can be a responsible gun owner.
savannah got it so very right when she shared her experience.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 08-14-2013, 10:46 PM

I would say that the lady is probably OK with Silver carrying, because she knows he's competent, sane and experienced. Her aversion to guns is probably more like "guns terrify me in the hands of morons, psychotics and crack-heads". I'm scared of that too....
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-15-2013, 6:49 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
I would say that the lady is probably OK with Silver carrying, because she knows he's competent, sane and experienced. Her aversion to guns is probably more like "guns terrify me in the hands of morons, psychotics and crack-heads". I'm scared of that too....

amen to that!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 08-15-2013, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
"guns terrify me in the hands of morons, psychotics and crack-heads". I'm scared of that too....
And there are no shortage of those...

Almost every time I go to the range, I will see someone walking around with their finger on the trigger when returning their rental... This after reading the range rules, which specifically states NOT to do that. :|
Old 08-15-2013, 7:15 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

beb, what would upset me about that is that the RO didn't call them on it!

Gun Control:
Old 08-15-2013, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
beb, what would upset me about that is that the RO didn't call them on it!
Very good point... Usually one of us or another shooter at the range will let an RO know but I would feel much safer if they could notice it on their own!