Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 09-18-2013, 5:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Are Fed LEOs civilians?
Old 09-18-2013, 7:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q619 View Post
Anyone not active duty mil is a civilian.
Sir,

Here's a definition of "Civilian", courtesy of Webster's on-line dictionary:
"ci·vil·ian

noun \sə-ˈvil-yən also -ˈvi-yən\ : a person who is not a member of the military or of a police or firefighting force"
It's not just active duty military, don't forget about the members of "a police or firefighting force."

Last edited by RickD427; 09-18-2013 at 10:51 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Meyers View Post
It's not like Federal LEOs are gonna need those mags, as all criminals in CA will only have 10 bullets because they also comply with this restriction.
this
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Meyers View Post
It's not like Federal LEOs are gonna need those mags, as all criminals in CA will only have 10 bullets because they also comply with this restriction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR79 View Post
this

I think he was being sarcastic, the point being not necessarily FEDS but ALL LEO....if the criminals only have 10 rounds why does LEO's need more.

The point is criminals will still get hi caps and the law only punishes law abiding citizens.

Always confirm it for yourself. Ignorance is no excuse.

Contact the Governor now
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germz View Post
by change I hope you mean everyone gets the privilege of standard caps back. I think its ridiculous that (in the current state of the law) military doesnt warrant exemption.
It is my understanding that a movement is starting to take form that might soon (depending on how fast they are) start a recall petition drive to get these libtards OUT of office.

I think that this is the time now to start talking with other LEO on all levels since we are all affected by these ridiculous laws and yes, they are about control, not safety.

When the time comes, LEO and non LEO need to make a stand and be united in the push to get these fools out of office. I think if it can happen here it will start in other places and then we can start fixing things instead of putting out fires and trying to find loopholes and workarounds. I am getting my information from the guys that just finished the CO recall. I am waiting to get more info though.

It is ridiculous that the AG has not exempted FED from the rules. Talk about thumbing their nose at thee...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 09-24-2013, 1:05 PM

I may be wrong, but SB 363 appears to have fixed the Fed issue for off-roster guns.

Senate Bill No. 363

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC. 3.5.
Section 32000 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
(a) Commencing January 1, 2001, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state for sale, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, gives, or lends any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year.
(b) This section shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) The manufacture in this state, or importation into this state, of a prototype handgun when the manufacture or importation is for the sole purpose of allowing an independent laboratory certified by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 32010 to conduct an independent test to determine whether that handgun is prohibited by Sections 31900 to 32110, inclusive, and, if not, allowing the department to add the firearm to the roster of handguns that may be sold in this state pursuant to Section 32015.
(2) The importation or lending of a handgun by employees or authorized agents of entities determining whether the weapon is prohibited by this section.
(3) Firearms listed as curios or relics, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(4) The sale or purchase of a handgun, if the handgun is sold to, or purchased by, the Department of Justice, a police department, a sheriff’s official, a marshal’s office, the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, the California Highway Patrol, any district attorney’s office, any federal law enforcement agency, or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States for use in the discharge of their official duties. This section does not prohibit the sale to, or purchase by, sworn members of these agencies of a handgun. A person who, under this paragraph, acquires a handgun that is not on the roster required by Section 32015, shall not sell or otherwise transfer ownership of the handgun to a person who is not exempted under this paragraph.
(c) Violations of subdivision (a) are cumulative with respect to each handgun and shall not be construed as restricting the application of any other law. However, an act or omission punishable in different ways by this section and other provisions of law shall not be punished under more than one provision, but the penalty to be imposed shall be determined as set forth in Section 654.
SEC. 4.
Old 09-26-2013, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Sounds like we need a lawsuit on what an unsafe handgun is and why they are pretty much only unsafe in CA...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 09-26-2013, 9:52 PM
CGN Contributor

How often are leo emptying 10+ rd mags during work? Not during training but out in the field.

Personally I think if a leo thinks they need a certain tool to perform their duty's they should have it.