Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 09-18-2013, 9:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taifei View Post
should have waited on my order! they are having a special giving a free mouse pad with your order! plus a bunch of other stuff on sale
Who uses mouse pads these days?
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 09-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor

Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy View Post
On a PC, I DO!!! What is the alternative.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Who doesn't use a mousepad for their mouse?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Whats a mouse pad?
"This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world-- --No you move."
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member

I haven't used one for years. Optical mice seem to do well without them.

About a year ago I got a shiny black desk without any grain or pattern to it.

After the desk upgrade, the mouse got a little flaky. It's not seeing the desk very well. I put it on a piece of paper and it tracks perfectly. Back on the bare desk, hit or miss.

Not really a big deal, but noticeable.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM

Use to use my cleaning mat until I actually cleaned ontop of mat. Now I just use my desk but I got a crack that it hangs up on. Oh well. 5 days till my scope arrives. Ups don't deliver on weekend =(
Old 09-18-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
I haven't used one for years. Optical mice seem to do well without them.

About a year ago I got a shiny black desk without any grain or pattern to it.

After the desk upgrade, the mouse got a little flaky. It's not seeing the desk very well. I put it on a piece of paper and it tracks perfectly. Back on the bare desk, hit or miss.

Not really a big deal, but noticeable.
True, I have a desk at home with a plain surface that the mouse does just fine on, but I still prefer a mousepad because it keeps the little friction/skid plates on the bottom from getting gunky. (to use the technical term, LOL)

At work, we have shiny desks and optical mice are useless without a pad. And my living room HTPC mouse has to run on the sofa, because the coffee table's glass top also renders optical mice useless.
Old 09-18-2013, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
On a PC, I DO!!! What is the alternative.
An optical mouse of course. Unless you're on a clear (non-frosted) glass tabletop, an optical mouse will work perfectly without needing any annoying mouse pads.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 09-18-2013, 1:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkp View Post
True, I have a desk at home with a plain surface that the mouse does just fine on, but I still prefer a mousepad because it keeps the little friction/skid plates on the bottom from getting gunky. (to use the technical term, LOL)
Most of that "gunk" is a blend of dust and sloughed skin cells, bound together with accumulated oils from your skin. Your mouse will pick up that gunk off your mouse pad just as readily as it will from your desk. However, if your mousepad is the kind with a fabric surface, the mousepad feet will be constantly scrubbed clean as you move your mouse. For me on my mousepad-free hardwood desk surface, I just use a tissue to wipe the mouse feet clean every few weeks. No big deal and I'd rather do that than deal with an annoying mousepad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkp View Post
At work, we have shiny desks and optical mice are useless without a pad. And my living room HTPC mouse has to run on the sofa, because the coffee table's glass top also renders optical mice useless.
Isn't that what coffee table books were invented for?
Old 09-18-2013, 1:11 PM

Quote:
An optical mouse of course. Unless you're on a clear (non-frosted) glass tabletop, an optical mouse will work perfectly without needing any annoying mouse pads.
We're getting serious OT (partially my fault, true), but only few optical mice deal well with patterned desk surfaces, let alone clear glass or shiny desktops.

And even for those mice that do, a mousepad is still nice because, as I said above, it keeps the gunk off the skids underneath the mouse. Those things accumulate grime on smooth surfaces, to the point where it can start interfering with function. The cloth surface of mouse pads keeps things a lot nicer.
Old 09-18-2013, 1:57 PM
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor

Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!

My desk is a piano black VERY shiny finish. Mice don't seem to work on the surface virtually at all unless I went with an old school roller mouse. Heck, I actually like those better most times these days.
Old 09-18-2013, 3:02 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I put in years of testing trying to create the best reticle ever and lose to a mouse pad!! Lol ACSS mouse pad coming soon...

Dimitri
Old 09-18-2013, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
I put in years of testing trying to create the best reticle ever and lose to a mouse pad!! Lol ACSS mouse pad coming soon...

Dimitri
I guess mousepads are serious business? But OT, I've been looking foward to this scope, and ordered one with the American Defense Recon. Can't wait to put this though its paces. Also can't wait til the 4-16x FFP comes out later this year.
Old 09-18-2013, 3:50 PM

So, anyone receive this and have a review?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-18-2013, 4:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Dimitri, I have a flattop PC. Will I need an extended cord deluxe mouse with that ACSS mousepad, or will the regular cord deluxe mouse work?
Old 09-18-2013, 4:39 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Dimitri, I have a flattop PC. Will I need an extended cord deluxe mouse with that ACSS mousepad, or will the regular cord deluxe mouse work?
Not sure the ACSS was created on a Mac...

Dimitri
Old 09-18-2013, 7:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Not sure the ACSS was created on a Mac...
I see. So it will be a proprietary mousepad only available from one company, will only work with other products from that same company, will cost an arm-and-a-leg, and will have a devoted following of loyal fan boys.
Old 09-18-2013, 7:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Getting back on the topic of the 1-6x ACSS scope, I forgot to ask before if it comes with flip caps as pictured here:

Old 09-18-2013, 7:31 PM

Wow, a dozen posts about a mouse pads and desks?

My scope will be here Friday. Kind of sneaky putting up a sale with a free mouse pad the day after a new product is launched. I will be filing a formal complaint with the FCC, NRA, and NBC.

My computer desk is my lap. Very rarely is it gunky and space is limited.
My real desk is for gun cleaning and gun parts storage.
A mouse pad may be handy as a gun rug.
Old 09-18-2013, 9:26 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Getting back on the topic of the 1-6x ACSS scope, I forgot to ask before if it comes with flip caps as pictured here:

Yes

Dimitri
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I see. So it will be a proprietary mousepad only available from one company, will only work with other products from that same company, will cost an arm-and-a-leg, and will have a devoted following of loyal fan boys.
Lol

Dimitri
Old 09-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Dimitri -

Any specs on this for 6.8SPC II...?!?!

(SSA 110gr Hnter)
Old 09-19-2013, 6:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal View Post
Dimitri -

Any specs on this for 6.8SPC II...?!?!

(SSA 110gr Hnter)
Get me your BC,fps and altitude.

Dimitri
Old 09-19-2013, 11:40 AM

Just got my scope can't wait to get it on my rifle and take her to the range. Any one got any articles on how to properly mount a scope?
"This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world-- --No you move."
Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 PM

mine is out for delivery! and I just saw the mail man pull up to my street, too bad he ALWAYS starts across the street lol
Old 09-19-2013, 12:45 PM

scope just arrived , opened box battery already installed, caps on both ends seem nice, the scope seems tight and well built not mounted yet waiting on mount, i took it out and looked through it and in the sunlight you can see the recticle red in color on 5 and 6 setting, dosen't seem to heavy seems to be very nice scope to me, i will maybe get it mounted this wekend and see how it performs so far very pleased.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Patent Pending
CGN Contributor

Got mine mount it on a Burris PEPR

Initial test havent fire it yet (have to wait till saturday)

Glass is awesome, I mean this glass is great compare to Vortex PSL 2X the price of this one you couldn't tell the diff

Weight almost the same as the 1-4x24 a little heavier than CMR but not much

Reticle Awesome the red illumination is just right and I love the off on off on selection by intensity. Great thinking guys.

Build, Solid I mean just by holding it you know this thing is solid.

Adjustment. Positive click (haven't sight it yet) but nice audible click. Power (magnification) adjustment is just tight enough but no audible click

So far so good I'm impress more to come once I shoot this thing .
(CORRECTION "SHOOT USING THIS THING" I'M NOT GONNA SHOOT THING, I STILL LIKE IT SO FAR )

Last edited by mod1217; 09-19-2013 at 12:49 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 1:12 PM

Mine didn't have a battery :/
Old 09-19-2013, 1:30 PM

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USPS left me a shipment notice slip :[
Old 09-19-2013, 1:33 PM

Dimitri,

Does your shipment require a signature?

Regards
Noel

Last edited by masig83d; 09-19-2013 at 1:36 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masig83d View Post
Dimitri,

Regards
Noel
it did for me
Old 09-19-2013, 3:50 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masig83d View Post
Dimitri,

Regards
Noel
Yes and my mailman never knocks. If you are not outside waiting he just leaves a note....

I got a note
Old 09-19-2013, 4:06 PM
CGN Contributor

arrghh, mine's not due to arrive until monday and I'll be stuck in Vegas for work then.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 09-19-2013, 4:37 PM

Any updated timeframe for the 7.62x39 version?
Old 09-19-2013, 5:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod1217 View Post
Power (magnification) adjustment is just tight enough but no audible click
I see no reason for detents or audible clicks on the magnification power adjustment. Just set it by eye so that you have a good compromise between magnification and field of view. I suspect that most users are going to be using it either at 6x for distance shooting or at/near 1x for CQ targets. That's why the Elcan SpecterDR was designed to use a lever to switch magnification between close/far targeting.
Old 09-19-2013, 5:23 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod1217 View Post

Power (magnification) adjustment is just tight enough but no audible click
none of my six scopes have audible click (or any detent) on the power ring... do any scopes have this?
Old 09-19-2013, 5:54 PM
CGN Contributor

Found mine on the doorstep when I got home from work today!

Battery were already installed. Took it out of the box, unwrapped it, flipped up the caps and powered her up - Walla! Checked the 1x, 1.5, 2-6. Good to go so far. I really really like the reticle and BDC.

The red reticle is sharp - no bleeding on the horseshoe.

So far so good. Passes the out of the box initial inspection check. Next step is to get it out on the range (may be not till next weekend since I've got a pistol match this weekend).
Old 09-19-2013, 7:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
Mine didn't have a battery :/
Email us at info@primaryarms.com

Dimitri
Old 09-19-2013, 8:17 PM
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

What is this none of you played hookey and went shooting?
Old 09-19-2013, 9:30 PM
CGN Contributor

^^^Got to pay for the habit somehow