Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2013, 6:28 PM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Talking 250 rds in a 30cal ammo can 124.99$ PSA Cust serv needed

So I saw this deal, 124.99$ for 250 rds in a ammo can,ordered 7/12/13 and I just got it today 7/23 2013 and counted the rds. Great job on the fast shipping PSA!

There is actually 246 rds so I was shorted 4 rds. 1 rd has a pretty bad dent in it, not a small dimple but a dent the size of a flat head screw driver as if it was pounded into it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-ammo-can.html

it does say

"Bulk Federal XM855 250rds in .30cal Ammo Can. Ammunition count may be +/- 2%. Ammunition is packaged based on weight."


So im wondering, should or will PSA compensate the 4 rds im missing and the dented rd for a total of 5 rds?

or am i SOL?

  #2  
Old 07-24-2013, 3:33 PM
Eljay Eljay is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,759
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

2% of 250 is 5 rounds so I don't see what the complaint was. If next time you for 5 extra would you send them a check?
  #3  
Old 07-24-2013, 3:35 PM
Gio's Avatar
Gio Gio is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 10,263
iTrader: 332 / 100%
Default

Eljay naileded it Pull the bullet and powder and reload it into another cartridge with a new primer or donate it to someone that can do that. Or just use the dented case for your BB if you have one on your rifle
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  #4  
Old 07-24-2013, 4:54 PM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

If the title says 250rds I think it should be. Todays market 5 rds is 2.50$!!! and some places 5$

Did they use a legally calibrated scale for sale? What if every person who bought this gets 245 rds? X 500 people? that equates 2500 rds they charged for but didnt ship and could resell it for profit again.

I dont know about SC but California has a Division of Measurement Standards, scales must be in calibration for use of items sold by weight. When you buy some fruit or food that's sold by the lb wouldn't you want it to be calibrated so you get what you pay for?

In the past ive bought plenty of ammo and other products from PSA, some times the next day they dropped the price of the item but wouldnt credit the difference of 5-10$ ok fine, but at least give your customers the rd count it says. If my bank account was like Mark Zuckerbergs I wouldn't care but its not so I do.
  #5  
Old 07-24-2013, 9:44 PM
*Zombie Killer* *Zombie Killer* is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 700
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

I'm with "Eljay" and "Gio" on this one. I'm not trying to rain on your parade. However, I don't believe your argument holds any merit considering the fact that you read and understood the terms before you purchased the item. Those terms clearly state that the "count may be +/- 2%", which in your case is accurate. Furthermore, today's market isn't quite at $2.50 for 5 rounds. Currently, there is plenty of .223/5.56 as low as .30 to .40 cents per round. If you'd like I can send you the link.
  #6  
Old 07-25-2013, 5:27 AM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

250 is 250, 245 is 245.

Propane companies like Blue Rhino were filling their 20lb tanks with 16lbs claiming safety concerns without telling customers. Ended up being a lawsuit about it because a 20lb tank can safely hold 20lbs. Not the first time companies tried to cheat customers with propane tank exchanges. Thats why scales are inspected by the state by law to ensure both sides are fair.

If it was my company, Id at least say "ammo in a can" Approx 250 rds in the title so people dont get mislead.

Zombie killer, the rds you buy at 30 cents arent the same, you might want to realize what the item is before posting, I am certain you cannot find 855 for 30 cents a rd.
  #7  
Old 07-25-2013, 6:22 AM
Ruri Ruri is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I just received two of the same exact xm855 in .30 ammo cans from PSA and both had 249 rds. None of the rounds were damaged. The product description does say +/-2% so I was expecting the worse. I was more surprised that I received metal ammo cans rather than plastic ones as the oly reviewer stated.
  #8  
Old 07-25-2013, 8:20 AM
*Zombie Killer* *Zombie Killer* is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 700
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
Zombie killer, the rds you buy at 30 cents arent the same, you might want to realize what the item is before posting, I am certain you cannot find 855 for 30 cents a rd.
There must be a misunderstanding. I never said anything about 855 for .30 cents per round.

Last edited by *Zombie Killer*; 07-25-2013 at 10:27 AM..
  #9  
Old 07-25-2013, 9:32 AM
metalliman545 metalliman545 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,273
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
250 is 250, 245 is 245.

Propane companies like Blue Rhino were filling their 20lb tanks with 16lbs claiming safety concerns without telling customers. Ended up being a lawsuit about it because a 20lb tank can safely hold 20lbs. Not the first time companies tried to cheat customers with propane tank exchanges. Thats why scales are inspected by the state by law to ensure both sides are fair.

If it was my company, Id at least say "ammo in a can" Approx 250 rds in the title so people dont get mislead.

Zombie killer, the rds you buy at 30 cents arent the same, you might want to realize what the item is before posting, I am certain you cannot find 855 for 30 cents a rd.
Because they were not telling their customers. Palmetto is letting them know 2%.
And yes you can find m855 for 30 cents, did you not see the cheaper than dirt sale posted? Oh wait, most of you are too good to buy it.
  #10  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Palmetto State Armory's Avatar
Palmetto State Armory Palmetto State Armory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 825
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
So I saw this deal, 124.99$ for 250 rds in a ammo can,ordered 7/12/13 and I just got it today 7/23 2013 and counted the rds. Great job on the fast shipping PSA!

There is actually 246 rds so I was shorted 4 rds. 1 rd has a pretty bad dent in it, not a small dimple but a dent the size of a flat head screw driver as if it was pounded into it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-ammo-can.html

it does say

"Bulk Federal XM855 250rds in .30cal Ammo Can. Ammunition count may be +/- 2%. Ammunition is packaged based on weight."


So im wondering, should or will PSA compensate the 4 rds im missing and the dented rd for a total of 5 rds?

or am i SOL?

Unfortunately, we are unable to send you the missing rounds. The item description states that the rounds in the ammo can may be off by about 2% and 5 rounds is exactly 2% of 250. We are very sorry if this has caused an inconvenience in any way.
__________________
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com

Last edited by Palmetto State Armory; 07-26-2013 at 9:59 AM..
  #11  
Old 07-25-2013, 4:33 PM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Just wanted to see what you guys would say and thanks for replying. I know you would be able to but actually don't want to is more like it. We can put a man on the moon, my medical supply order with another company that was missing a few items and they are willing to ship it on their dime.

PSA is a sweet and sour company. You guys do have great prices on stuff but the too bad so sad attitude really drags your name in the mud.

It looks like another customer above that bought 2 cans also was shorted 2 rds but hey im just another customer who spends plenty of $ with you guys.

I also will add

The deal was posted on the front page which doesn't show the description, but it has a add to cart button and when you click that it takes you directly to the shopping cart page.

Last edited by Darklyte27; 07-25-2013 at 4:42 PM..
  #12  
Old 07-25-2013, 4:38 PM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Zombie Killer* View Post
Currently, there is plenty of .223/5.56 as low as .30 to .40 cents per round. If you'd like I can send you the link.
The discussion was about the ammo I purchased, why would you go in to a thread and talk about something else?
  #13  
Old 07-25-2013, 4:45 PM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalliman545 View Post
Because they were not telling their customers. Palmetto is letting them know 2%.
And yes you can find m855 for 30 cents, did you not see the cheaper than dirt sale posted? Oh wait, most of you are too good to buy it.
What cheaper than dirt deal? you sure it wasnt a mistake like they pulled many times before? Plenty ordered ammo that said it was in stock and everyones orders got cancelled because it "wasnt" in stock all of a sudden.
  #14  
Old 07-25-2013, 9:25 PM
*Zombie Killer* *Zombie Killer* is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 700
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

I wasn't talking about "something else". My discussion has been relevant this entire time. I was simply educating you on the value of ammunition, including 855 which is currently lower than the .50 cents per round you just spent. Is it really that difficult for you to understand the point I was making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
The discussion was about the ammo I purchased, why would you go in to a thread and talk about something else?
  #15  
Old 07-26-2013, 4:54 AM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Its actually less because of the ammo can. Tell me more old wise one! The thread is about 855 which is the only rd i dont reload. Ive been reloading for 6 yrs now so thanks for this education you are trying to give me.

Last edited by Darklyte27; 07-26-2013 at 5:03 AM..
  #16  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 AM
*Zombie Killer* *Zombie Killer* is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 700
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Now, you're contradicting yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
Todays market 5 rds is 2.50$!!! and some places 5$
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
Its actually less because of the ammo can.
Hmmm... it appears I was right. Today's market isn't $2.50 for 5 rounds of 855.
  #17  
Old 07-27-2013, 7:22 AM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,356
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

look again newbie, majority of 556 is 50 cents a rd, the special deals i bought made it are 45 cents a rd if you factor in the 10$ ammo can before shipping. Some places are higher so ya you are right somewhat to your own question.
Im not talking about steel case either.

http://sgammo.com/product/surplus/90...lastic-packs-0

60 cents a rd

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-ammo-can.html
68 cents a rd - 10$ for the can

some Non 855 ammo


http://sgammo.com/product/federal/90...xm193j-or-xm19


http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...0rds-223a.html


http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ds-ae223j.html

keep arguing with yourself

Last edited by Darklyte27; 07-27-2013 at 7:24 AM..
  #18  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:53 AM
*Zombie Killer* *Zombie Killer* is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 700
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

http://battlebagammo.com/products/ba...55gr-5-56-nato
  #19  
Old 08-03-2013, 4:29 PM
naeco81's Avatar
naeco81 naeco81 is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Atherton, CA
Posts: 1,072
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

You've got to be kidding right? You received exactly what you paid for, 250 rounds +/- 2%. How about instead of complaining about $2.50 you become a contributing member on this forum so we don't subsidize your use of it any more?
  #20  
Old 08-04-2013, 11:06 AM
skanless's Avatar
skanless skanless is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: O.C.
Posts: 4,344
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

This is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen. Baby needs his milk.
__________________
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0830/nhl_kings_logo_576.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloRobotico View Post
heheh, I'm getting double teamed by Harmoniums and Richie

/airtight!
  #21  
Old 08-04-2013, 1:25 PM
Eljay Eljay is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,759
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I'd forgotten all about this after posting - wow, what a train wreck. Way to act like a whiney entitled customer so retailers assuming anybody complaining is probably fishing for a few extra bucks instead of somebody with a legitimate complaint.
  #22  
Old 08-04-2013, 5:05 PM
hollowpoint67's Avatar
hollowpoint67 hollowpoint67 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 847
iTrader: 70 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
I'd forgotten all about this after posting - wow, what a train wreck. Way to act like a whiney entitled customer so retailers assuming anybody complaining is probably fishing for a few extra bucks instead of somebody with a legitimate complaint.
It's almost disgusting how bad customers are. It specifically potential 2% discrepancy and the *****ing still happens.
  #23  
Old 08-05-2013, 8:45 PM
4Defense 4Defense is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 756
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

It specified +/- 2%.
  #24  
Old 08-06-2013, 7:31 PM
metalliman545 metalliman545 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,273
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I bet you wouldn't be complaining, or would you be willing to ship the ammo BACK to psa if you were 2% over
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.