Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-22-2007, 5:49 PM
Veteran Member

Default Just got my glockworx trigger!!

So a friend and I decided to drive up to LA to meet with Alec (the owner of glockworx) to get our hands on one of his trigger kits.

Alec let me play with some of his open guns again with the trigger kits and explained all the differences between them. I ended up getting the $129.99 trigger kit (the one without the lightened striker). He then asked for my glock and we walked over to a nice workbench and he said he would install it and show me a bunch of tips and tricks when working on a glock.

After the trigger was installed he function checked it a bunch of times and made sure the rear set screw was just perfect. I then told him I needed a front sight to match my rear ameriglo pro. He then measured the rear sight and brought out all the front sights he had that would work. I ended up with a front sight blade he gets from brownells which is very nice.

I paid the man and then he proceeded to show us his tricked out ar15, 2011, multiple glocks, let us feel the different grips/grip reductions they do (which felt awesome btw).

The main man spent about an hour with my friend and I and as we were about to leave he gave us a glockworx patch and told us if we have any problems just give them a call and they will make it right....He also said if any updates come out for any of the things we buy from them they will update our parts for free....What a warranty....Ive never received customer service like this....We need more companies like glockworx out in the world.

Now to the trigger:

One word: Amazing

I couldnt believe that a glock trigger could be 1.5 lbs (he used a trigger pull guage to show us, they are consistant kit to kit also cause my buddies trigger pull was the same as mine) yet still have a super crisp break..Not to mention the thing has a super short trigger pull...The polish to all their trigger parts was a very nice touch...The kit is worth every penny and I will put one in all future glocks I own.
Old 12-22-2007, 6:36 PM

Hey that sounds cool, I don't get here to Calguns as much as I'd like and hadn't even heard of Glockworx, got a website or contact info? He's/they're here in the LA area?
Old 12-22-2007, 6:59 PM

They're in Santa Monica on Wilshire BL.

http://www.glockworx.com/v3/index.ph...d=21&Itemid=61
Old 12-23-2007, 12:54 AM

So does it eliminate the long pull? I have to pull out the slack every time before I shoot so my aim stays on target.
Old 12-23-2007, 7:34 AM

It's suppossed to make it as close to a 1911 pull as possible. I'll get one as soon as money is available. I'd really like to try one first..

Maybe proraptor can tell us more.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

The pull is amazing....I cant put the gun down....I think Ive dry fired it 10,000 times since I put the trigger in.

Pre-travel? What pre travel! My trigger breaks at a consistant 1.5 lbs and is very crisp....My glock 17 in general feels high end with just the trigger upgrade.

Ill let you guys try it out if you want....I put in a recoil rod/13 lb spring, some new sights and did some other work to the gun so I need to test it out to make sure its reliable before shooting steel madness

Last edited by proraptor; 12-23-2007 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

You shoot steel madness in Norco?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

yes
Old 12-23-2007, 11:39 AM

Just from hearing about this customer service makes me want to buy a Glock.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

I've been thinking about getting a GLOCK, I just might have to now.

Maybe I'll see you up there on the 30th. That reminds me. A month ago, there was a guy from Glockworx who was doing a lot of work on the Glocks that were being shot there. I know that three of the people in my squad had that trigger upgrade installed right there on the spot.

Last edited by What Just Happened?; 12-23-2007 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-23-2007, 12:42 PM

Proraptor, why didn't you buy the $199.00 one? Is there that much of a difference from the $129.00?
Old 12-23-2007, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Just Happened? View Post
I've been thinking about getting a GLOCK, I just might have to now.

Maybe I'll see you up there on the 30th. That reminds me. A month ago, there was a guy from Glockworx who was doing a lot of work on the Glocks that were being shot there. I know that three of the people in my squad had that trigger upgrade installed right there on the spot.
Im not sure if Im going to make that match.....I have to get my gun dialed in...not to mention do some reloading...
Old 12-23-2007, 1:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Proraptor, why didn't you buy the $199.00 one? Is there that much of a difference from the $129.00?
The one for $199 comes with the lightened striker (which is a piece of art). I almost bought one but decided to try the gun out before paying the extra money. Alec said the lightened striker will make the trigger pull even crisper and will cut down on light strikes...
Old 12-23-2007, 7:08 PM
Veteran Member

On that kit does it use a 4lb. striker spring? I was wondering because I had one in my glock 17 for a while . It worked good at 1st but I started getting light primer hits so I took it out. Mark
Old 12-23-2007, 7:26 PM
Veteran Member

The shop sounds awesome. It is always nice to hear of a vendor that is willing to spend time with the consumer to point them in the right direction. The warranty they offer is phenomenal.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
Old 12-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
On that kit does it use a 4lb. striker spring? I was wondering because I had one in my glock 17 for a while . It worked good at 1st but I started getting light primer hits so I took it out. Mark
They have "custom glockworx springs" that they use....Im not sure what weight they are....Alec mentioned if light primer strikes are a problem then you need a lightened striker or the primers you are using are too hard