Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 07-18-2013, 7:34 PM
Banned

BTW? Whats with the gang mentality? If i go to Monterey you need your Hommies with you? If you go hunting, you need a guide with you to show you the way. Are you able to do anything by yourself?

Hunting is kind of an individual sport. Its not really a team effort. Its you versus nature. When you learn how to suffice for yourself and don't need hommies you will be on your way to a successful hunt.
Old 07-18-2013, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Monterey? No thanks, not my crowd.

I'd give you directions to come up here but i know you would get lost when you got to the fourth tree to make a right and go 1500 yards before you made a left at the third point rock.
Yep thought so. No show! lol LMFAO. You have now unwittingly disclosed to everyone that you are a TRUE TROLL. You will not take my offer to come to Monterey. You will not take my offer to come to your place to teach you how to shoot. Tisk tisk tisk Mr TAPER

For those of you reading this trash on this thread. Yes some even by me as I have know sunk to TAPERs level. That said, what do you think. Should TAPER take my offer and come to Monterey and let me buy the gentlemen a beer. Or take my offer and let me come to his pad and put on a shooting clinic for him- for free. Again provided he supplies the ammo.

Please chime in.

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".
Old 07-18-2013, 7:43 PM

Quote:
BTW? Whats with the gang mentality? If i go to Monterey you need your Hommies with you? If you go hunting, you need a guide with you to show you the way. Are you able to do anything by yourself?

Hunting is kind of an individual sport. Its not really a team effort. Its you versus nature. When you learn how to suffice for yourself and don't need hommies you will be on your way to a successful hunt.
Gang Mentality

Shame you Sir. The US ARMY is not a gang. Neither is the the VETS GROUP I ride with. Additionally educate yourself. Just because I refered to you as "hommie" doesnt' correlate anything with gangs. Wow, you are a real low person to ensue such a thing.

I offer to buy you a beer, you call me names..wow. simply wow

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".
Old 07-18-2013, 7:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman2013 View Post
looks like he is gone. Can't find anything
Just like any type of "hunting", you'll never find it if you give up too easily. Here's the thread you couldn't find. Next time, I'll have to charge you a guide service fee.

https://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=230666

BTW, if you ever decide to go hunting for chupacabra, the wild packs are almost impossible to find but, there are some in CA which have been tamed by the local bigfoot tribe. So, if you want a trophy chupacabra, you should start by tracking down your local tribe of bigfoots and go from there. I bet that tip is going to save someone a few season's worth of learning.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
Old 07-18-2013, 7:44 PM

[QUOTE=CSACANNONEER;11852023]Just like any type of "hunting", you'll never find it if you give up too easily. Here's the thread you couldn't find. Next time, I'll have to charge you a guide service fee.

BTW, if you ever decide to go hunting for chupacabra, the wild packs are almost impossible to find but, there are some in CA which have been tamed by the local bigfoot tribe. So, if you want a trophy chupacabra, you should start by tracking down your local tribe of bigfoots and go from there. I bet that tip is going to

Good man . Thanks

Old 07-18-2013, 7:48 PM

Thanks Lew! That was hilarious! LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdogg21 View Post
Don - Search past threads started by Professionalcoyotehunter. Specifically his robinhooded bullet one. You may fall out of your chair.
Old 07-18-2013, 8:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Just like any type of "hunting", you'll never find it if you give up too easily. Here's the thread you couldn't find. Next time, I'll have to charge you a guide service fee.

BTW, if you ever decide to go hunting for chupacabra, the wild packs are almost impossible to find but, there are some in CA which have been tamed by the local bigfoot tribe. So, if you want a trophy chupacabra, you should start by tracking down your local tribe of bigfoots and go from there. I bet that tip is going to save someone a few season's worth of learning.
[QUOTE=thegreyman2013;11852033]
Quote:

BTW, if you ever decide to go hunting for chupacabra, the wild packs are almost impossible to find but, there are some in CA which have been tamed by the local bigfoot tribe. So, if you want a trophy chupacabra, you should start by tracking down your local tribe of bigfoots and go from there. I bet that tip is going to

Good man . Thanks
He was making fun of you
Old 07-18-2013, 8:40 PM

Holy hell! You guys need to get a hobby, or a job, or a woman (if that's your thing)...something! Keep it up and I'll have to turn the hose on you two! :beer:
Old 07-18-2013, 8:39 PM

Quote:

Trust me I get..your trying to be witty. Tracking.

Old 07-18-2013, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNOS67 View Post
Holy hell! You guys need to get a hobby, or a job, or a woman (if that's your thing)...something! Keep it up and I'll have to turn the hose on you two! :beer:
Yep. officially done. Cant/wont deal with troll that calls the Army a Gang.

Signing off. Later Troll..keep trolling. You know who you are.

Old 07-19-2013, 7:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
there are a lot of does down here in the south I see so many when i'm hunting it's pretty sad.

I like your point that the bucks are dead which isn't a stretch considering we have an out of control predator like the mountain lion.

but our state has a poor management record when it comes to the deer heard. I cannot remember if its the county or city council that dictates whether a doe or buck can be taken. also the bambi syndrome here is strong.

but either way our herd here is grossly mismanaged and the nature Nazis are no help either and they have infiltrated the DFW now. so it's a matter time before the herd is in a pathetic state of affairs. some areas maybe not but many are in a sad state.
People always seem to forget......Bambi WAS A BOY! LOL

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-19-2013, 7:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

^^^^ lol so true
Old 07-19-2013, 8:09 AM

Wait isnt this thread about looking for a deer guide? I thought Taperx said he would strap a pair of old sheds onto one of his rams and let you shoot it. Done!
Old 07-19-2013, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Wait isnt this thread about looking for a deer guide? I thought Taperx said he would strap a pair of old sheds onto one of his rams and let you shoot it. Done!
It was. Until Trolls started trolling. I got my the info I needed.

Old 07-19-2013, 8:32 AM

You know what's really going to be funny? If/when this thread gets deleted, one person will lose over half of his post count and the other will drop below 10k again.
Old 07-19-2013, 8:47 AM
TheAyatollahofRocknRolla!
CGN Contributor

Funny someone who has been here two months and under a hundred posts calling out someone for being a troll...

Lulz.

I love my Country, but I (fear) my government.

"We have transformed ourselves into a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers" - Unknown (to me)
Old 07-19-2013, 9:18 AM
Not Cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Maybe this is due to the NSA spying that has been messing up calguns as of late, but I got a untrusted certificate for your link
Old 07-19-2013, 9:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

For the OP, I know a good spot, I useually have luck with every year.
For some reason the deers meat is a bit tough though.

Here's a pic from last year.
http://corymarie.com/blog/wp-content.../corn_deer.jpg
Old 07-19-2013, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smird View Post
For the OP, I know a good spot, I useually have luck with every year.
For some reason the deers meat is a bit tough though.

Here's a pic from last year.
http://corymarie.com/blog/wp-content.../corn_deer.jpg
LMFAO...lol. Good one.

Old 07-19-2013, 9:48 AM
Veteran Member

Man taperxz. Why are you such an angry individual and pick fights with everybody? Are you sure you're really cut out to be a C3 leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks OP and everyone else that chimed in. I learned a bit about deer hunting today. Thread is really entertaining, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Might as well go to your local PD and just give up all your firearms. While you're at it, drive down to the border and help a bunch of illegals into the country.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bako88fan View Post
Thanks OP and everyone else that chimed in. I learned a bit about deer hunting today. Thread is really entertaining, too.
Wait, this thread was about deer hunting??

Ok, serious question here. What could you have possibly learned from this thread??
Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I didn't grow up hunting. Grew up in LA. At 40, I'm finally ready to get into hunting. Some of the advice in this thread, especially from the experienced ones, about water and tracking seem like good advice. For those of us who aren't experienced hunters, getting small nuggets of wisdom in between all of the bravado is cool. You just have to read between the lines.

I'm in sales, everyone I work with is a type A. If I couldn't handle working around *******s, I wouldn't have a job. The *******s on CG are easy in comparison.
Quote:
Might as well go to your local PD and just give up all your firearms. While you're at it, drive down to the border and help a bunch of illegals into the country.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I didn't grow up hunting. Grew up in LA. At 40, I'm finally ready to get into hunting. Some of the advice in this thread, especially from the experienced ones, about water and tracking seem like good advice. For those of us who aren't experienced hunters, getting small nuggets of wisdom in between all of the bravado is cool. You just have to read between the lines.

I'm in sales, everyone I work with is a type A. If I couldn't handle working around *******s, I wouldn't have a job. The *******s on CG are easy in comparison.
There are deer all over LA county. I've seen them in the middle of LA City, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Glendale, etc. When you see one, just stop and watch it for a while. Pay attention to it's body language, how it walks, the way it moves its ears, etc. If you do this a couple times a week during the off season, you'll have a better understanding of your game than most weekend hunters will ever have.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
There are deer all over LA county. I've seen them in the middle of LA City, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Glendale, etc. When you see one, just stop and watch it for a while. Pay attention to it's body language, how it walks, the way it moves its ears, etc. If you do this a couple times a week during the off season, you'll have a better understanding of your game than most weekend hunters will ever have.
Interesting. I see them at Pyramid Lake all the time. I will drop anchor and watch them while they drink, then head up the hills. I've never seen a buck there, only doe and fawn.

I know I'm threadjacking but it is interesting to see some of the different ideas. Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Old 07-19-2013, 11:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Interesting. I see them at Pyramid Lake all the time. I will drop anchor and watch them while they drink, then head up the hills. I've never seen a buck there, only doe and fawn.

I know I'm threadjacking but it is interesting to see some of the different ideas. Thanks for the info.
Patients grasshopper. In time, you'll grow to the point that you'll be able to look at the does and understand their language. Once you have a grasp on that, the does will tell you where the closest bucks are hiding. I'm not joking.

Old 07-19-2013, 2:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Ok, serious question here. What could you have possibly learned from this thread??
I learned that deer like beer.

Quote:
Or a salt lick and a cooler full of beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Wait ... deer like beer?

Does it really need to be kept cold for them, or will they drink it like the Brits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega View Post
Nope, they drink it with ice like some countries in the east.
Still not quite sure how they like it served however.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Old 07-19-2013, 2:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I learned that deer like beer.

Still not quite sure how they like it served however.
Grain, fermented grain, they will take it anyway they can get it. Seriously, put out a bowl of beer near a well used trail and you'll see them drink it.

Old 07-19-2013, 5:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Grain, fermented grain, they will take it anyway they can get it. Seriously, put out a bowl of beer near a well used trail and you'll see them drink it.
Well that makes more sense. I was confused by the original suggestion that the beer needed to be kept in a cooler.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Old 07-19-2013, 6:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well that makes more sense. I was confused by the original suggestion that the beer needed to be kept in a cooler.
We still have a lot to learn, these seasoned hunters are not telling which brews are best to use.
Old 07-19-2013, 6:41 PM

For the sheep, or the deer?
Old 07-19-2013, 9:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
For the sheep, or the deer?
Sheep prefer Guiness.

If this latest (2016) assault weapon (semi auto) ban passes... I will simply install hydraulically actuated rotating bolts, and jimmy slap triggers. They can't regulate what they don't understand.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1153858
\_(ツ)_/
Old 07-20-2013, 3:01 AM
Veteran Member

Bako88Fan
I hunt right on the coast for blacktails and we have water everywhere.If you look for water here you'll find a lot of water and not a lot of deer.
The poster talking about water and deer lives in lake county known for being dry and hot during the season.We don't have any problem finding water here just too much fog.

OP
If you can get on a good ranch your success rate will soar and it will have nothing to do with skill or water or watching deer move or walk.
I hunted a 13,500 acre ranch were the club on it shot 60 bucks a year and over 600 pigs for 3 straight years.You could drive around and see 15 legal bucks a day without getting out of your jeep/truck.Tagging out on that ranch was no big deal ever and we lost our lease when they had the state come in to get rid of the pigs.Believe it or not we had a guy who missed over 20 bucks complain that the ranch wasn't that good.
I am not impressed with guys/kids hunting on ranches like that one telling me about the forked horn they shot.
A guy hunting public lands for 50 years with a 100 sets of horns is a real deer hunter not some punk whose daddy lets him and his friends shoot deer in the vineyard at night.

The problem with the deer in california is too many predators not enough fires and the DFG taking time away from the ending of our seasons and not the front of our seasons.They regulate the hunters and not the game.They kill more deer on the roadways each year than in the fields.

To those seeing alot of does/fawns and no bucks how did they all breed without bucks? Immaculate conception is only for the movies.
Old 07-20-2013, 4:38 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

^^^ Jesus deer!
FS NIB Browning A5 12 gauge - $1,200 (over $300 off retail)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1201509
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnJr View Post
Bako88Fan
I hunt right on the coast for blacktails and we have water everywhere.If you look for water here you'll find a lot of water and not a lot of deer.
The poster talking about water and deer lives in lake county known for being dry and hot during the season.We don't have any problem finding water here just too much fog.

OP
If you can get on a good ranch your success rate will soar and it will have nothing to do with skill or water or watching deer move or walk.
I hunted a 13,500 acre ranch were the club on it shot 60 bucks a year and over 600 pigs for 3 straight years.You could drive around and see 15 legal bucks a day without getting out of your jeep/truck.Tagging out on that ranch was no big deal ever and we lost our lease when they had the state come in to get rid of the pigs.Believe it or not we had a guy who missed over 20 bucks complain that the ranch wasn't that good.
I am not impressed with guys/kids hunting on ranches like that one telling me about the forked horn they shot.
A guy hunting public lands for 50 years with a 100 sets of horns is a real deer hunter not some punk whose daddy lets him and his friends shoot deer in the vineyard at night.

The problem with the deer in california is too many predators not enough fires and the DFG taking time away from the ending of our seasons and not the front of our seasons.They regulate the hunters and not the game.They kill more deer on the roadways each year than in the fields.

To those seeing alot of does/fawns and no bucks how did they all breed without bucks? Immaculate conception is only for the movies.

Good stuff ^^

Old 07-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Speak for yourself......I'm sure Taper is out actually hunting right now rather than sitting by his computer dreaming of seeing deer.
unfortunetly not! I have been taking care of my Mother in Law who had a stroke several weeks back.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you can hook up with xcountryrider and look for pigs in San Diego?
Was going to suggest that, but I think OP wants to kill something.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
unfortunetly not! I have been taking care of my Mother in Law who had a stroke several weeks back.
Yuck....I haven't been out in a couple of days. Everything is nocturnal right now. Just small forkies and spikes during the day. Hoping the little heat snap will move them a little bit.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Yuck....I haven't been out in a couple of days. Everything is nocturnal right now. Just small forkies and spikes during the day. Hoping the little heat snap will move them a little bit.
I have been seeing LOTS of nice bucks. I have to climb a really steep hill that has ledges on it on the way up. So the idea is to meet them half way between the water source and their beds which is real close to a brush line and ridge.

I need to get about 3/4 of the way up the hill and sit. Twice now, i have gotten up there only to see the same buck on the same trail looking back at me from about 80 yards up hill. (busted). I will kill that buck in rifle season just out of principle! LOL How many times have i said that before though
Old 07-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I have been seeing LOTS of nice bucks. I have to climb a really steep hill that has ledges on it on the way up. So the idea is to meet them half way between the water source and their beds which is real close to a brush line and ridge.

I need to get about 3/4 of the way up the hill and sit. Twice now, i have gotten up there only to see the same buck on the same trail looking back at me from about 80 yards up hill. (busted). I will kill that buck in rifle season just out of principle! LOL How many times have i said that before though
Just a matter of time......sorry to hear about your mom-in-law! prayers with ya!