Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 07-17-2013, 1:43 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman2013 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good hunting outfitter for DEER located with 3-4 hours of Central California?

I have no dedicated hunting partner and I think the best way to go about DEER this season is via a trusted outfitter.

Please advise
What are you willing to pay for a guided deer hunt? What do you think it costs? Without the right answer to those two questions you won't be doing a guided hunt.

224 rounds of high quality Winchester .223 FS/FT

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1226164
Old 07-17-2013, 2:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
lastly- why so hostile? Are you okay? Do you need a hug?
Welcome to the hunting forum.....where Taper has the biggest d!ck and needs to constantly let you know.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-17-2013, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Shooting isn't the problem ( I can assure you). Neither is physical fitness or lack of training in land navigation. The issue is TIME, TIME and knowledge of the local area. I work long hours, have a family, and other hobbies. So when I head to the an "area" I need to a have a general idea of where the animals were last sighted, patterns, etc etc. I do not have the time to conduct preseason scouting.
Hunting wilderness deer in CA ain't like watching those hunting shows on Tv where you drive up to your heated, elevated blind in your Rhino and sit on the edge of a corn field waiting for the same 10 bucks to show up that show up like clock work everyday.

It flat out just takes time, especially if you're hunting public land. Weather patterns and water availability and all that come into play. Its why it's called hunting, not harvesting.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-17-2013, 2:12 PM

Man you sure can tell when tags are out and season hasn't started by the thickness of skin around here.....

Guy (OP) admits he screwed up by bringing a newly scoped, unfired weapon on a hunt in a previous thread. Not withstanding a couple of zingers meant for fun, posters start in.
Guy further admits he's only hunted non-humans for 2 years and the bandwagon proceeds to kick him in the head for a few pages?

Typical hive mind gets old sometimes
Originally Posted by Rusty_Buckhorn View Post
WTF are "illegal nationals"? Being that they aren't from here, wouldn't that make them "illegal internationals"?
We're not supposed to judge all Muslims by the acts of a few "crazies".
But the acts of a few American "crazies" is enough to judge all Americans who own guns.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Welcome to the hunting forum.....where Taper has the biggest d!ck and needs to constantly let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972;11841262[B
]Hunting wilderness deer in CA ain't like watching those hunting shows on Tv where you drive up to your heated, elevated blind in your Rhino and sit on the edge of a corn field waiting for the same 10 bucks to show up that show up like clock work everyday.

It flat out just takes time, especially if you're hunting public land. Weather patterns and water availability and all that come into play. Its why it's called hunting, not harvesting.[/B]
AND what do you call this^^^????

Are you too implying that the OP has no clue and relies on BS information and is ignorant to all hunting in CA???
Old 07-17-2013, 2:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post

Are you too implying that the OP has no clue and relies on BS information and is ignorant to all hunting in CA???
One can impart knowledge and information without being a total A-hole.

If the OP was by chance using what he's seen on hunting shows about what an outfitter can provide I was just letting him know he's not likely to find that here in CA. There is a reason they dont film those shows here LOL

If you were to cut out the insults and name calling from your posts, there is alot of good info in them usually. Just sayin.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2013, 2:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
One can impart knowledge and information without being a total A-hole.

If the OP was by chance using what he's seen on hunting shows about what an outfitter can provide I was just letting him know he's not likely to find that here in CA. There is a reason they dont film those shows here LOL

If you were to cut out the insults and name calling from your posts, there is alot of good info in them usually. Just sayin.
Excuse me but where exactly did i show insults or name calling.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by center_x View Post
Opinion...
Chris and greyman should be new hunting buddies

Taperxz and Csacannoneer should meet up so Csacannoneer can shot taperxz's billy goats

Lololololol....
Only if I can wear my kilt.

Quote:
They're not goats. They are sheep.
Cute and horny too!

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Old 07-17-2013, 3:09 PM

I love this thread.
Old 07-17-2013, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdogg21 View Post
What are you willing to pay for a guided deer hunt? What do you think it costs? Without the right answer to those two questions you won't be doing a guided hunt.
Will anything over $1800 is out of my budget.

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".
Old 07-17-2013, 3:59 PM

Quote:

There you go again "OP has no clue and relies on BS info" . Once again where do did you come with that? Are you delusional? On some type mood alternating meds? I merely started a thread about inquiring about a "good deer outfitter". Some people actually- provided information, now imagine that!

You Sir, have been hostile and condescending , you must be trying to make up for some sort deficiency in your life

Now here is what I can do for you Mr. Professional hunter. How about I come to your house/farm/land and put on a shooting clinic- I will shoot all your billy goats/ sheep whatever and demonstrate "advance shooting" techniques. Not "3 round burst" in the prone. I am talking, shooting, moving, and heck evening communicating, stress shoot- the whole works

.Basically I will give you 1 on 1 instruction for FREE. I might even add a "3 gun" clinic as well. Yep FREE. Except I keep the meat.

Deal? I can make it happen any weekend, except this this, as we got BIKE NIGHT here in Monterey.

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".
Old 07-17-2013, 4:08 PM

^awesome
Old 07-17-2013, 4:08 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
There you go again "OP has no clue and relies on BS info" . Once again where do did you come with that? Are you delusional? On some type mood alternating meds? I merely started a thread about inquiring about a "good deer outfitter". Some people actually- provided information, now imagine that!

You Sir, have been hostile and condescending , you must be trying to make up for some sort deficiency in your life

Now here is what I can do for you Mr. Professional hunter. How about I come to your house/farm/land and put on a shooting clinic- I will shoot all your billy goats/ sheep whatever and demonstrate "advance shooting" techniques. Not "3 round burst" in the prone. I am talking, shooting, moving, and heck evening communicating, stress shoot- the whole works

.Basically I will give you 1 on 1 instruction for FREE. I might even add a "3 gun" clinic as well. Yep FREE. Except I keep the meat.

Deal? I can make it happen any weekend, except this this, as we got BIKE NIGHT here in Monterey.
Why dont you save yourself some money and hunt FHL since your in Monterey? Your military so you don't even apply for the hunts through DFW, I would be willing to bet that alot of other hunters in that environment would be willing to help you out with any questions you may have.
Old 07-17-2013, 4:19 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

California deer hunts usualy book up at least a year in advance some guys are booked up 4 or 5 years out. Trophy hunts here are 3500 to 10,000. Management hunts 1200.00 to 4500.00

My advice is if you have a family and nobody to go with make a family vacation out of it. Its not a lot of money to spend if you get a cabin or house to stay at for a week and maybe you can do some fishing or shoot a hog if you tagout early.

Quote:

Will anything over $1800 is out of my budget.
Old 07-17-2013, 4:24 PM

Call 411,ask for Temescal ranch in Piru Ca,
When you get a hold of the ranch ask for the Deer outfitter/Guide's number.I think they charge $1200.00
I've killed some good bucks adjacent to that ranch
Old 07-17-2013, 4:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

LOL at all of the above! You may be many things in life but you will never be an accomplished hunter with your ideology. Zero of what you are talking about will help you find any game TO SHOOT.

I don't care how accomplished you think you are with a firearm. Your not going to kill big game unless you know what your doing in the field.

If you did, you wouldn't be here begging others to teach you, paying to hunt farm animals, or spouting off about how others road hunt for game.

I gave you snippets of good advice. Obviously your not ready to understand what i gave you. With that, no one is going to be willing to take you out and/or if they do, they will drop you as a partner and never have you back.

I've seen plenty of tactikool guys like you in the field. Most of them end up eating tag soup. FWIW the new tags are not as tasty as the old ones either.

But hey, maybe you will find the right person and you will learn something. Good luck to you.
Old 07-17-2013, 4:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am new to the forum. My experience two weekends ago with BITTERWATER OUTFITTERS prompted me to actually create a profile and write about "my thoughts".

A little about me. I grew in the urban jungle of OC. Not a natural boy scout or backwoods guru. Spent some time in the Army, several deployments- combat arms. Anyways, I have only been hunting for about 3 years now. All public lands- not much luck with large mammals ( never can find them). Only been successful at quail, duck, and rabbit.
Quote:
So I show up Friday around 1845 hrs. The guide was like- hey man, your late!!! let's go, we got 2.5 hrs of daylight left. I was like, "umm, hey, hi, I am (insert name) dude relax, I need to zero my ****, and set up tent, and stuff before dark". he was like NO lets go! I thought Ok, let's do this. A lil pissed about being rushed. But I adpated, put my gear on, and without confirming my zero took my rifle with me. We drive 10 minutes to another ENCLOSED AREA. He unloads the gator, and we are off. So listen guys " I am hyped up" I am not a rich guy. I paid some serious$$, took time away from my wife and kids, drive 3.5 hrs. So despite being rushed into this FRIDAY night evening hunt, I am still smiling and motivated. The guide, was stone cold- ZERO personality.
So i kinda gotta ask this: You were in the Army, you can teach me things about shooting that i know nothing about (i don't think so but OK its an opinion)

You show up to the hunt with a rifle that is not zeroed, (i can tell you all my rifles are zeroed before i go hunting) Most guys that are serious about hunting or shooting do too.

You say you know nothing about the outdoors at all? HMMM were you guarding ammo while deployed?

IDK, whats missing here in this story that makes me think you can't shoot as well as you say? HMMMM.

As you have well admitted, there is more to hunting than shooting, you can learn if you are willing to have a little thicker skin and learn. From many here.

Last edited by taperxz; 07-17-2013 at 4:42 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 4:59 PM

Quote:
So i kinda gotta ask this: You were in the Army, you can teach me things about shooting that i know nothing about (i don't think so but OK its an opinion)

You show up to the hunt with a rifle that is not zeroed, (i can tell you all my rifles are zeroed before i go hunting) Most guys that are serious about hunting or shooting do too.

You say you know nothing about the outdoors at all? HMMM were you guarding ammo while deployed?

IDK, whats missing here in this story that makes me think you can't shoot as well as you say? HMMMM.

As you have well admitted, there is more to hunting than shooting, you can learn if you are willing to have a little thicker skin and learn. From many here.

You need attention to detail. BTW no one guards ammo anymore. It's handled by KBR. you get loads of it...more than you will ever need.

Anyways. I will explain again for 4th time. My scope, went down. I booked the hunt previous to that. I ordered a new scope online. Prior to going to BITTERWATERs, I confirmed with owner regarding his range. He said, he has one up to 400yardrs. He was not lying- they have one. Plan was to show up, and zero my rifle and scope Friday and start the hunt Saturday. What is so hard to understand about that? How many times do i have to repeat this?

Old 07-17-2013, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter_619 View Post
Why dont you save yourself some money and hunt FHL since your in Monterey? Your military so you don't even apply for the hunts through DFW, I would be willing to bet that alot of other hunters in that environment would be willing to help you out with any questions you may have.

Tracking. I use FHL. I was unsuccessful last year. Thus was thinking about trying to use an outfitter. I still will use FHL though. Matter a fact going in two weeks

Old 07-17-2013, 5:07 PM

Quote:

PM me your address. Let's set a date. I put on the clinic, you take notes. I keep the meat. What do you have to lose? At a minimum you learn something. At best you will have some tactical skills to fend on the zombie hordes when they arrive

Old 07-17-2013, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad allred View Post
When you get a hold of the ranch ask for the Deer outfitter/Guide's number.I think they charge $1200.00
Score!!! Thanks brotha.

Old 07-17-2013, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeater View Post
California deer hunts usualy book up at least a year in advance some guys are booked up 4 or 5 years out. Trophy hunts here are 3500 to 10,000. Management hunts 1200.00 to 4500.00

My advice is if you have a family and nobody to go with make a family vacation out of it. Its not a lot of money to spend if you get a cabin or house to stay at for a week and maybe you can do some fishing or shoot a hog if you tagout early.

Not a bad option. I'm also looking into it.

Old 07-17-2013, 5:14 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

FHL is really good public land. Also another option for you is to find a ranch where you can pay a trespass fee. Basically that "fee" gets you access to hunt that ranch but without a guide. They may just send you a map or you may get some intel on where to go on the ranch.

224 rounds of high quality Winchester .223 FS/FT

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1226164
Old 07-17-2013, 5:52 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Fish and wildlife has lists of guides and also of ranches in the plm program. You can try contacting some of them. But like I said before stuff books up quick.

Quote:
Not a bad option. I'm also looking into it.
Old 07-17-2013, 5:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
One can impart knowledge and information without being a total A-hole.....
Old 07-17-2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Score!!! Thanks brotha.
No problemo...pm me if you have a problem reaching them.
Old 07-17-2013, 6:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Hunting wilderness deer in CA ain't like watching those hunting shows on Tv where you drive up to your heated, elevated blind in your Rhino and sit on the edge of a corn field waiting for the same 10 bucks to show up that show up like clock work everyday.

It flat out just takes time, especially if you're hunting public land. Weather patterns and water availability and all that come into play. Its why it's called hunting, not harvesting.
exactly. it's not like the Midwest where you show up and there they are.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad allred View Post
I know him. He is probably booked by now. Couldn't hurt to call him though. Usually booked a year in advanced. Most of his hunters come back every year. Very High success rate, especially in SoCal. He charges more than 1200.

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson
Old 07-17-2013, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Old 07-17-2013, 7:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
PM me your address. Let's set a date. I put on the clinic, you take notes. I keep the meat. What do you have to lose? At a minimum you learn something. At best you will have some tactical skills to fend on the zombie hordes when they arrive
I don't think that would be such a great idea. As it is you already complain about shooting farm raised animals when you knew going in what you were getting. You will probably want me to tie them up to the fence so you can show your shooting skills.

I suppose you would also expect me to throw out some oat hay so they will gather for you and you could shoot them up in a bunch?

HMMM how could someone come out and say how they lived in the urban jungle and not be anything like a boy scout and then turn around and claim to be airborne? I'm not going to call you a poser but the thought is entering my mind.

Quote:
A little about me. I grew in the urban jungle of OC. Not a natural boy scout or backwoods guru.
So they stop short of teaching you survival skills and outdoor stuff in the Army?
Old 07-17-2013, 7:32 PM

Quote:
I don't think that would be such a great idea. As it is you already complain about shooting farm raised animals when you knew going in what you were getting. You will probably want me to tie them up to the fence so you can show your shooting skills.

I suppose you would also expect me to throw out some oat hay so they will gather for you and you could shoot them up in a bunch?

HMMM how could someone come out and say how they lived in the urban jungle and not be anything like a boy scout and then turn around and claim to be airborne? I'm not going to call you a poser but the thought is entering my mind.

So they stop short of teaching you survival skills and outdoor stuff in the Army?

Man you are dense. Based on your logic, you cannot grow up in a city become airborne qualified!! HAHAA LMFAO.. HAHAA LMFAO. Wait, hold on....yep still laughing.
BTW, being Ariborne has nothing to do with with hunting, shooting, or backwoods knowledge. It simply means you were able to keep your FEET AND KNEES together for 5 jumps and follow the guy in front of you. Anyone healthy person who can follow directions, can and will pass airborne school, and of course you need topass the airborne APFT as well. The only caveat being if you are the first jumper- but I digress. What does being Airborne have to do with backwoods knowledge????? Let me help you again, it doesn't!

You also mention survival skills... again- what does that have to do with hunting????? Sure if something unfortunate transpired- it might come in have basic first aid, or nav skills. Yes the Army does teach you somethings. Some MOSs more than others. But again, what does that have to do with hunting?

Mr. TAPER, I've recieved about 6PMs about you, everything calling you an AZSHOLE. I now share that assessment. I also believe, you have reached troll status

Like I said, you want to learn- pm your address. Let's set a date. You provide the ammo. I give instruction. You learn. You become better. I get free meat.

Last edited by thegreyman2013; 07-17-2013 at 7:49 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 7:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Man you are dense.
Mr. TAPER, I've recieved about 6PMs about you, everything calling you an AZSHOLE. I now share that assessment. I also believe, you have reached troll status

Like I said, you want to learn- pm your address. Let's set a date. You provide the ammo. I give instruction. You learn. You become better. I get free meat.

LMAO!! I'm dense but you paid to kill a farm animal and complain it was to easy?? Then want your money back? There is no way i would let anyone like you near my place. I have donated 5 junior hunts to NWTF that were all successful. At least these 12 year old kids with their dads appreciate what i showed them.

All you seem to interested in is killing farm raised animals. I have never once in this forum said i was good, great or the best. I should ask this though, what makes you so sure you are such a great shot?

I only ask because my grandfather shot with Bob Chow and my grandfather taught me. (Not that i am anything like Bob!!!) Furthest thing from it in fact.
Old 07-17-2013, 8:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
In my last post- I asked if you are dense. It's now confirmed that you are.

"it seems you are only interested in farm animals" where did you get that from? Just because I took the plunge and tried BITTERWATER outfitters- one time and one time only?? Even wrote a review.

" want your money back" when did I say that? Someone else mentioned I should and my reply, was no, it's ok. I got meat in the fridge.

Lesson man, you are slow, or old, or both. ZERO logic, cant even debate points with you. Its like talking to an invalid. I've lost interest. Debating in the forums with you, is like hunting with BITTERWATER outfitters- it's like a CANNED HUNT!!! BORING

Once again, if you want to learn my deal stands. Heck if you have a pretty daughter ( over 18years of age) I might even stay overnight
I don't need to learn from you. You have no credentials other than your talk. On the other hand if you want to learn to hunt... Well you can just keep going to your canned hunts and complain. Like i said, possible poser IHMO. Prove otherwise.

Your last line was uncalled for regardless of the topic here too.
Old 07-17-2013, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
[/B]

LMAO!! I'm dense but you paid to kill a farm animal and complain it was to easy?? Then want your money back? There is no way i would let anyone like you near my place. I have donated 5 junior hunts to NWTF that were all successful. At least these 12 year old kids with their dads appreciate what i showed them.

All you seem to interested in is killing farm raised animals. I have never once in this forum said i was good, great or the best. I should ask this though, what makes you so sure you are such a great shot?

I only ask because my grandfather shot with Bob Chow and my grandfather taught me. (Not that i am anything like Bob!!!) Furthest thing from it in fact.
Where in his post did he say he wants his money back?
Old 07-17-2013, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega View Post
Where in his post did he say he wants his money back?
Brotha VEGA, I never said that. That's the whole point. It seems like poor TAPER has some real issues. I think we all need to be nicer to him. We need to give him a group hug, so he can feel better about himself. It is obvious he needs attention and is lonely, thus the TROLL posts he keeps doing.

Last edited by thegreyman2013; 07-17-2013 at 8:08 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 8:11 PM

Sound about right?
Old 07-17-2013, 8:13 PM

Quote:
I don't need to learn from you. You have no credentials other than your talk. On the other hand if you want to learn to hunt... Well you can just keep going to your canned hunts and complain. Like i said, possible poser IHMO. Prove otherwise.

Your last line was uncalled for regardless of the topic here too.

TAPER you want credentials. Easy man. I will show you, put on the shooting clinic. I will bring my ORB, so as my old 1SG would say, " so you can see what a real warrior" looks like. See it's easy. I will show up with credentials. I will put on the clinic, provided you provide ammo and the sheep for targets. Heck,we can invite some other CALGUNNERs , like CHRIS, DIRTYDAVE, and VEGA. Witnesses are good.

We can have a great day of shooting. Plus you will walk away a much better shooter and better human being. I will even mentor your for FREE. Teach you the ways of the JEDI lol

Old 07-17-2013, 8:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I actually hunted an EXOTIC but wrote down WILD PIG, as I did not want my Identity to be exposed. Anyways, they were able to figure that I wrote this review. The owner's wife called my directly. Again, pretty impressed they were able to figure it was me that wrote the write up.
What else in your posts are you lying about? Youre even afraid to show your identity!! Some kind of warrior you are.
Old 07-17-2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
What else in your posts are you lying about?
TAPER, you win man. You are God's gift to hunting, guns, and backwoods knowledge. I am liar, a poser. I've never hunted, never owned a gun, never used a gun. Will, actually one time I shot a BB gun when I was 12- does that count?

You are so good, such a subject matter expert, that you need your own section on here, called TAPERXZ page. Where you can bestow your wisdom on all us lowly posers.

I look forward to visiting your section.

All the best, and remember "correct sight picture, correct sight alignment, breath and gently squeeze the trigger"

Later man, have a great life

Old 07-17-2013, 8:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
What else in your posts are you lying about? Youre even afraid to show your identity!! Some kind of warrior you are.
Quote:
TAPER, you win man. You are God's gift to hunting, guns, and backwoods knowledge. I am liar, a poser. I've never hunted, never owned a gun, never used a gun. Will, actually one time I shot a BB gun when I was 12- does that count?

You are so good, such a subject matter expert, that you need your own section on here, called TAPERXZ page. Where you can bestow your wisdom on all us lowly posers.

I look forward to visiting your section.

All the best, and remember "correct sight picture, correct sight alignment, breath and gently squeeze the trigger"

Later man, have a great life
Whats wrong? Afraid to answer a simple question?