Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM

Default Deer Outfitter

Can anyone recommend a good hunting outfitter for DEER located with 3-4 hours of Central California?

I have no dedicated hunting partner and I think the best way to go about DEER this season is via a trusted outfitter.

Please advise

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".

Last edited by thegreyman2013; 07-19-2013 at 9:37 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

I've hunted with these guys, and it was a good experience.

It's not cheap though.
http://www.mumwildlife.com
Old 07-17-2013, 11:53 AM

Bitterwater Outfitters

I think BigBoarStopper will do a combo Deer/Pig hunt. (A-zone)

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by center_x View Post
Bitterwater Outfitters
Zing!

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson
Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You will need to plan ahead for that though to be able to secure a tag for the area your chosen outfitter operates in.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Zero your rifle before you head out there.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega View Post
Zero your rifle before you head out there.
hahaaa. Lesson learned. Heck man, I will even take two zero'd rifles

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".
Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
I've hunted with these guys, and it was a good experience.

It's not cheap though.
http://www.mumwildlife.com
Wow..not cheap. About 1500K over my budget.

Old 07-17-2013, 1:21 PM
Banned

Let me be your guide. I can do it from right here.

Go to Walmart and show them your license and ask for an A zone tag. Look at a map and find your way to the Los Padres National Forest.

Forest Headquarters
6755 Hollister Ave
Suite 150
Goleta, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 968-6640

In case you can't find your way, this^^^ would be helpful.

Once you get there, preferably before sun up. Take you rifle out, load it, sling it and start humping.

While humping, look around for a deer with a bone on the head. If it has a fork on one side, Shoot it. Cut its belly open and remove intestines, stuff liver in a small hole in the diaphram. At the appropriate place remove the skin and head (at some point validation is needed along the way) Hang the animal, butcher the animal and eat.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Let me be your guide. I can do it from right here.

Go to Walmart and show them your license and ask for an A zone tag. Look at a map and find your way to the Los Padres National Forest.

Forest Headquarters
6755 Hollister Ave
Suite 150
Goleta, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 968-6640

In case you can't find your way, this^^^ would be helpful.

Once you get there, preferably before sun up. Take you rifle out, load it, sling it and start humping.

While humping, look around for a deer with a bone on the head. If it has a fork on one side, Shoot it. Cut its belly open and remove intestines, stuff liver in a small hole in the diaphram. At the appropriate place remove the skin and head (at some point validation is needed along the way) Hang the animal, butcher the animal and eat.
snazzy

Old 07-17-2013, 1:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman2013 View Post
snazzy
LOL!

In all seriousness thats really all there is to it. Unless you want me to come with you and end up filling your tag because the service didn't teach you to shoot an animal with precision while its running 40 miles an hour uphill.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:43 PM

Quote:
LOL!

In all seriousness thats really all there is to it. Unless you want me to come with you and end up filling your tag because the service didn't teach you to shoot an animal with precision while its running 40 miles an hour uphill.
Shooting isn't the problem ( I can assure you). Neither is physical fitness or lack of training in land navigation. The issue is TIME, TIME and knowledge of the local area. I work long hours, have a family, and other hobbies. So when I head to the an "area" I need to a have a general idea of where the animals were last sighted, patterns, etc etc. I do not have the time to conduct preseason scouting.

Plus I personally do not like to venture out too far in the boonies without a partner.

So if anyone needs a reliable hunting partner- hit me up. I can assure you all I can shoot a fast moving animal going up a hill or a down a hill. We have plenty of practice in the sandbox doing just that. Just happened to be a different species

Old 07-17-2013, 1:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

binoculars will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boberama View Post
Ok. You should know how to play. I say I see something that begins with a letter.
You find out what it is.
I spy with my little eye something that begins with a "C".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal View Post
Chlamydia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyXbones View Post
The silhouette of an AR-15 is as appealing to the general public as a dildo.
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
binoculars will help.
Got a par of those as well- airborne

Old 07-17-2013, 1:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Shooting isn't the problem ( I can assure you). Neither is physical fitness or lack of training in land navigation. The issue is TIME, TIME and knowledge of the local area. I work long hours, have a family, and other hobbies. So when I head to the an "area" I need to a have a general idea of where the animals were last sighted, patterns, etc etc. I do not have the time to conduct preseason scouting.

Plus I personally do not like to venture out too far in the boonies without a partner.

So if anyone needs a reliable hunting partner- hit me up. I can assure you all I can shoot a fast moving animal going up a hill or a down a hill. We have plenty of practice in the sandbox doing just that. Just happened to be a different species
There you go again! Experienced hunter gives you advice and you are either to lazy to scout or read between the lines of what i wrote. I too have raised a family, own a business, work, and all the other BS you come up with. We all have that same problem. You either want it or you don't.

I can also guarantee you that you have not been trained to hit an object without going 3 round burst on a moving animal going 40 miles an hour up hill. Humans don't run up hill at 40 miles an hour.

Your continued fail is thinking that hunting is the same as war time shooting. Its not! In war you can shoot whatever poses a threat. When hunting you need to be able to count the antlers prior to shooting out to 400 yards or risk breaking the law.

By your response, you are simply looking to kill something as opposed to actually hunting a species. If you really don't have the time may i suggest this: http://shop.safeway.com/ecom/home

Last edited by taperxz; 07-17-2013 at 1:53 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 1:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Your continued fail is thinking that hunting is the same as war time shooting. Its not! In war you can shoot whatever poses a threat. When hunting you need to be able to count the antlers prior to shooting out to 400 yards or risk breaking the law.
yeah keep thinking that way apparently you have no idea the ROE is like in theater unless you have been there.

I guarantee you thinking like this will land you front and center of the chain of command to explain yourself all the while the media drags your name in the headlines.

in war you cannot shoot what you want even if its a threat. I promise you that.

Quote:
Ok. You should know how to play. I say I see something that begins with a letter.
You find out what it is.
Quote:
Chlamydia?
Quote:
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:56 PM

Quote:
There you go again! Experienced hunter gives you advice and you are either to lazy to scout or read between the lines of what i wrote. I too have raised a family, own a business, work, and all the other BS you come up with. We all have that same problem. You either want it or you don't.

I can also guarantee you that you have not been trained to hit an object without going 3 round burst on a moving animal going 40 miles an hour up hill. Humans don't run up hill at 40 miles an hour.

By your response, you are simply looking to kill something as opposed to actually hunting a species. If you really don't have the time may i suggest this: http://shop.safeway.com/ecom/home
You're a pretty angry guy ehhh? "3round burst" that's so old school conventional army, I can't even respond to that.

You are right though, people do not move 40 MPH. But HUMVEEs sure do! If you get my point. I also do not think many hunters shoot deer actually moving that fast.

lastly- why so hostile? Are you okay? Do you need a hug?

Last edited by thegreyman2013; 07-17-2013 at 1:59 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 1:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

yeah ok 3 round burst.

I can also guarantee you have no idea what training he has had.

Quote:
You find out what it is.
Quote:
Chlamydia?
Quote:
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:00 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]
Quote:
You're a pretty angry guy ehhh? "3round burst" that's so old school conventional army, I can't even respond to that.

You are right though, people do not move 40 MPH. But HUMVEEs do? If you get my point. I also do not think many hunters shoot deer actually moving that fast.

lastly- why so hostile? Are you okay? Do you need a hug?[/QUOTE]
I have killed many bucks going that fast! I'm not hostile. I am pointing out the facts based on your posts. I am pointing out that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to a real hunt.

I figured you were Army though.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
yeah ok 3 round burst.

I can also guarantee you have no idea what training he has had.
Well i am 50 years old so perhaps ....
Old 07-17-2013, 2:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
and your point is?

Quote:
You find out what it is.
Quote:
Chlamydia?
Quote:
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
and your point is?
Point was as stated.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:03 PM

[QUOTE=taperxz;11840684]
Quote:
I have many bucks going that fast! I'm not hostile. I am pointing out the facts based on your posts. I am pointing out that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to a real hunt.

How did you come to that analysis/ conclusion? Just because I am busy and do not have the time to recon preseason for deer? Or because I have no hunting partner and asked for advice on a good/reliable outfitter for a deer hunt? How does that equate to know knowing anything?

I did not mention in previous mosts, that I am 3rd year hunter, and still learning the art of hunting. What's wrong with that? Lastly why so hostile man? I asked for recommendations on a good outfitter- not a smart *** retort about going to los padres and finding deer.

Old 07-17-2013, 2:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Point was as stated.
make your point then. for all of us to understand your vast knowledge of his training and mine in the Army and perhaps all the Soldiers in the Army. since you know so much about it.

IBTL.

Quote:
You find out what it is.
Quote:
Chlamydia?
Quote:
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:06 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=thegreyman2013;11840711]
Quote:

How did you come to that analysis/ conclusion? Just because I am busy and do not have the time to recon preseason for deer? Or because I have no hunting partner and asked for advice on a good/reliable outfitter for a deer hunt? How does that equate to know knowing anything?

I did not mention in previous mosts, that I am 3rd year hunter, and still learning the art of hunting. What's wrong with that? Lastly why so hostile man? I asked for recommendations on a good outfitter- not a smart *** retort about going to los padres and finding deer.
I said what i said based on your last post about it being $1500 to much for you. My read between the lines was, you don't need an outfitter in this state. You can just as easily do what i suggested and still go on a good hunt with a little homework and listening to others.

I picked "A" zone because of your locale. If you want to increase your chances and you are good with maps/gps, drive up to B zone and kill a buck. There is really good hunting up there and many remote places to go.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:08 PM

[QUOTE=taperxz;11840730]
Quote:

I said what i said based on your last post about it being $1500 to much for you. My read between the lines was, you don't need an outfitter in this state. You can just as easily do what i suggested and still go on a good hunt with a little homework and listening to others.

I picked "A" zone because of your locale. If you want to increase your chances and you are good with maps/gps, drive up to B zone and kill a buck. There is really good hunting up there and many remote places to go.
So PM me.. let's go to B zone. I'm down

Old 07-17-2013, 2:11 PM
Banned

Bottom line! There is no room for lazy hunters IF they want to be successful. That includes new and old hunters alike.

If you don't have time due to family/work, don't hunt! In order to be a hunter you do kinda need a wife that understands what your passion is. If not, you will make her what they call a golf widow.

A golf widow is a pissed off woman sitting at home while her husband spends his entire life on the golf course. Its kinda the same for hunting except that hunting seasons are not normally year around.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Bottom line! There is no room for lazy hunters IF they want to be successful. That includes new and old hunters alike.

If you don't have time due to family/work, don't hunt! In order to be a hunter you do kinda need a wife that understands what your passion is. If not, you will make her what they call a golf widow.

A golf widow is a pissed off woman sitting at home while her husband spends his entire life on the golf course. Its kinda the same for hunting except that hunting seasons are not normally year around.
I already do that- cause I golf and ride motorcycles

Old 07-17-2013, 2:12 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=thegreyman2013;11840743]
Quote:

So PM me.. let's go to B zone. I'm down
I don't hunt B zone, i hunt A zone. Its my own ranch.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hi, I don't have time or energy to hunt properly so, I just want to pay someone to do all the work for me. Hell, instead of a guided hunt or a high fence hunt, does anyone know where I can just go shoot a deer in a pen and have someone else dress it out and process it? I'm tough and can shoot the eye out of a nat at 5 miles. I just don't want to dedicate the time to hunting. I want instant satisfaction and don't want to pay a lot for someone to do the work for me.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:18 PM

Quote:
I already do that- cause I golf and ride motorcycles
You say you dont have time to scout. Take a break from golf and riding and put some of that time towards hunting/scouting. Priorities. You get out of a hunt exactly what you put into it.

Old 07-17-2013, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Hi, I don't have time or energy to hunt properly so, I just want to pay someone to do all the work for me. Hell, instead of a guided hunt or a high fence hunt, does anyone know where I can just go shoot a deer in a pen and have someone else dress it out and process it? I'm tough and can shoot the eye out of a nat at 5 miles. I just don't want to dedicate the time to hunting. I want instant satisfaction and don't want to pay a lot for someone to do the work for me.
Kids these days....

Old 07-17-2013, 2:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
You know whats funny. I have my own place including adjacent public land to hunt on. A good friend of mine owns a thousand aces 15 minutes from my place and whose family has been there since the 1850's I would never ask them to hunt their place out of respect. They could offer if they wanted to but the problem is they won't ask others to hunt their places either. RESPECT! I think you know what i mean.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:25 PM

Opinion...
Chris and greyman should be new hunting buddies

Taperxz and Csacannoneer should meet up so Csacannoneer can shot taperxz's billy goats

Lololololol....
Old 07-17-2013, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Opinion...

Taperxz and Csacannoneer should meet up so Csacannoneer can shot taperxz's billy goats

Lololololol....
lol...

Old 07-17-2013, 2:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Opinion...

Lololololol....
awww how cute but I have a friend to hunt with. been hunting for about 20 years now. so not so new to the game. but please try again.

Quote:
You find out what it is.
Quote:
Chlamydia?
Quote:
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Opinion...

Lololololol....
They're not goats. They are sheep.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:38 PM

Wait Chris, is that the attitude of you not willing to sharing the experiences of hunting to the new guys. Isnt that the main problem of the hunting forum? If you do not see that, then you are part of the problem.

Least greyman understood my humor.
Old 07-17-2013, 2:44 PM

Time allotment. Jeesh. My hunting area is 10 hours away, I make a three day weekend five times a year to scout that area, take notes and mark the map where I see good signs. Regs dictate that I cannot leave anything attached to a tree for over two days so game cameras are out. So I burn a LOT of fuel and eat up a pair of boots every other season.
I am a dedicated type of person. If I am interested in something I jump into it 110% and never look back. Homework is the key to successful harvest. Gas boot leather, reading on the subject matter, applying what you read, studying the living crap out of maps for water-food-shelter, boot leather, and when it is d-day for the hunt you should of been 200% ready the week before.
The guys here are helpful, I posted recently on guide info for elk in Colorado, I got a lot of great leads and followed up by calling them. Now I have about five outfits to choose from, just got to finalize the hunt dates for my buddies schedule. But I had to do the work of calling asking questions knowing the regulations etc.
like the Nike slogan aplies; just do it!