Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 07-13-2013, 5:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Wazoo Survival LLC Adventure Bracelet Review

After doing a rather exhaustive search for a high quality survival bracelets I narrowed it down to a few choices. I had wanted type III 550 paracord, someway to start fires and hopefully a knife/cutting edge/saw to sharpen sticks for traps or spears. I came with the ordinary run of the mill 550 cord bracelet. Then came across the Bison Survival flint and steel (paracord and fire starting) for $25 plus s&h...then across the CRKT parasaw bracelet(paracord and saw)for $13.99 plus shipping and handling. Not really satisfied with just this or that....I went for the Grand Daddy... All Out
The Adventure Bracelet made by Wazoo Survival LLC blew those competitors away leaving them soaking in their own tears and surpassed them by leaps and bounds. This awesome piece of gear comes with 17 pieces of life saving equipment and over a thousand uses.

1.) The cordage is over 7ft long with strands and inner strands...giving you over ft of combined length. We all know that paracord has over 550 uses, but to list just a few: Constructing a shelter, lashing a spear, creating tools, fire tinder, making a splint....
2.) Firesteel. Located on the male side of the Wazoo patented buckle is an integrated ferro rod, thus saving precious space. Using a sharp/hard edge, you will be able to create sparks at 5500F/3000C.
3.) Fishing line. Sealed within the middle of the bracelet is 30ft/10m of braided Spectra line rated at 50lb, that is sealed in the middle of the bracelet. Count the ways you can use the fishing line.....just as many as paracord!!!
4.) Fishing Hooks. 2x #8 offset Eagle Claw bronze finish hooks also sealed within the plastic in the middle of the paracord for salt and freshwater.
5.) Split Shot Weights. 2x #3/0 lead reusable sealed in the middle of the bracelet.
6.) Safety Pins. 2x sealed in the middle of the bracelet, 3/4''/19mm Size 00 made that is brass, non-reflective black coating. The uses are also limitless: Break off the point and use it as a compass, fix gear/clothes, fashion a sling, expedient trap/fishing hook.
7.) Straw. 5in/12.7cm of clear polyolefin tube that is located in the middle of the bracelet, use to get water, possibly emergency tracheotomy, containing a small note.
8.) Ranger band. 4 are on the Adventure bracelet, used to secure the strike blade and first aid tinder. This can be used with the first aid gel to increase the length of burn time, secure your gear and fasten spears heads.
9.) Retro-reflector, it is located underneath the compass. It will produce up to 700 candelas/lux.sq.m when reflected, it is made of the highest grade reflectivity available. Used for nighttime visual signaling.
10.) Glow Light, it is located underneath the compass lid, it produces up to 12 hours pf brightness with gradual dimness. Used for illuminating the compass, nighttime map reading/navigation or signaling. Exposing/"charging" it will allow it to glow at 179 mcd/lux sq. d. It is non toxic and non radioactive.
11.) Compass. 20mm Grade AA liquid filled that is luminous and water resistant to 100ft/30m with working temp of -20-120F/-28-49C.
12.) Striker blade. Held in place by two Ranger bands, it has a full length, chisel edge razor blade. Made up of Zirconia ceramic, it is harder than steel, nonmetallic and will not rust. The exposed end is the firesteel striker, the blade end is protected by the sheath.
13.) First Aid Tinder. 2x water proof packets that are secured in the buckle anchor voids by ranger bands. They provide triple antibiotic, topical pain reliever and 30 seconds plus of burn time.
14.) Whistle. It is integrated into the buckle, at a loud 100plus db, which will work wet or cold.
15.) Cable/Zip ties. 2x that are woven inside the bracelet with the heads exposed near each buckle, which allow one time immediate deployment. Zip ties have 100s of uses along with the paracord.
16.) Handcuff key. Nonmetallic, universal and concealable.
17.) Mirror. Located under the female buckle, it has a clear protective film, which can be removed, which protects the mirror surface. You can use it to for signaling, trapping animals, and for hygienic self observation.
18.)Surgical tubing. It comes with about 2 feet of 3/16'' black latex surgical grade tubing. Which can be used as an field expedient tourniquet, extended drinking straw or solar still, used as a slingshot, traps or snares, cordage, repairing gear....etc

You may think $70 plus is a lot to spend for some paracord and some items that you can just put together yourself but consider this: Unlike some of their competitors who manufacture their products from China and other foreign countries, Wazoo proudly employs Veterans who work along side to design and produce this fine line of survival gear, all made here in the United States of America!!! If you don't want to spend $65 plus more for extra such as surgical tubing and handcuff key, shipping and handling , you can get their: Base, Bushcraft, Lumberjack and Minimalist bracelets. The Base ($20) comes with paracord, customizable name plate, firesteel and whistle. The Bushcraft ($25) comes with leather and firesteel. The Lumberjack ($30) comes with paracord, wiresaw, customizable name plate, firesteel and whistle. The Minimalist ($37) comes with the paracord, customizable name plate, firesteel, whistle, straw, fishing line, needle, and fish hook.

That is not the only thing they have. They also have key chains/bites, Wazombies and do it yourself kits! From whole bracelet to the do it your self kit, they are an awesome and ingenious group to be supporting!!!!

Also use the code "CALGUNS" until August to get 10% off. Don't forget to tell them mikenewgun87 sent you!!! Subscribe to their Facebook/Twitter for further codes for discounts and keep up with their future products!

Yes I know I can get all the items cheap and make it myself, but I lack the patience to painstakingly make this myself. Why would I want to have an amateur attempt to make it when I am helping fellow Americans have a job, their professional skill-craft crafting potential life saving gear??? With the right equipment, continued training, skills and right mindset, I believe that myself or any one can survive and endure any situation. I put my 100% trust in Wazoo Survival Gear because they have: "Products that can save your Wazoo!"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg brochure.jpg (102.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg underneath view, sticker and handcuff key.jpg (96.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg WSG Business Card Front.jpg (95.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg WSG business card Back.jpg (98.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg monkey vs shark vs wazombies.jpg (72.9 KB, 50 views)
Old 07-13-2013, 8:19 PM

Cool idea, but...

I am the "Take it apart to see how it works" type. I'd take it apart an not be able to get it back together and wind up stuffing it in a tin
Old 07-21-2013, 3:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11HE9 View Post
Cool idea, but...

I am the "Take it apart to see how it works" type. I'd take it apart an not be able to get it back together and wind up stuffing it in a tin
Yea I would like to see how everything works/turns out....but if that happens it will probaly be when poopy hits the fan...

I have another piece of gear from them I will be doing a review on soon...
Old 07-25-2013, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

interesting
WTT 45 ammo
KZ1000 Police Motorcycle
Movado His/Her Watches
Front Sight 4-Day Handgun $99
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 10-23-2013, 6:52 AM
CGSSA Board Secretary
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenewgun87 View Post
Yea I would like to see how everything works/turns out....but if that happens it will probaly be when poopy hits the fan...

I have another piece of gear from them I will be doing a review on soon...
Care to share how this unit turned out? And the other piece you tested?
Old 10-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

And, for some reason, the first post seems to have left out the seller's link: http://wazoosurvivalgear.com/product...-bracelet-p-68

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM

Cool idea, but what would a person need a plastic handcuff key for? Escaping the police?
Old 10-23-2013, 2:36 PM
Veteran Member

It seems like you have to destroy the thing to get at much of the tools. Seems a little counter productive. Imagine you are in a survival situation in the wilderness. You need to tie a spear head so you dismantle your bracelet to get some cord. Now you have a pile of stuff you have to walk around with in your pocket... might as well have had the stuff in your pocket to begin with.
Old 10-27-2013, 8:34 AM

I think the point is that you won't know what you will need until you are in that situation. This product keeps all those potentially needed items nicely bundled in a package that can easily be carried with you at all times.
Old 10-27-2013, 8:53 AM

Good stuff. I make my own Paracord bracelets. I also have Paracord in my BOB, along with all the usual supplies. Wazoo makes good stuff.

Proud Member of: