Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 04-27-2013, 8:51 AM

Default Help the Veterans of 2/4 Marines!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/2n...weekend?c=home

I was a Corpsman with 2/4 during OIF 2. I can't make it to the reunion BUT will be donating some funds to help my brothers. I thought I can pass the word here as well to support these great patriots! Thank you in advance!

Who are we?

The long and illustrious history of the Second Battalion, Fourth Marines began in April of 1914 during WWI when it was activated as one of the three battalions of the Fourth Marine Regiment. The Marine infantry battalion earned the nickname, “The Magnificent Bastards” during Vietnam.

In February 2004, “The Magnificent Bastards” deployed to Ramadi, Iraq, the provincial capital of the Al Anbar Province, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The Battle of Ramadi was pivotal for coalition operations in the Al-Anbar province. 2/4, along with the 1st BDE, 1st ID engaged insurgent forces in Ramadi in early April 2004.

The battle began at midmorning when Marine patrols fanned out across Ramadi to provide security and search for roadside bombs. Three squads from Third Platoon, Golf Company, 2nd Battalion 4th Marines set off on separate routes. They worked their way west from a Combat Outpost to the government center, 2 miles away, where they would link-up and stand guard.

During this movement a squad was ambushed and the adjacent squads came under fire while attempting to rescue the ambushed squad. Insurgents armed with small-arms and RPGs continued to battle the Marines for nearly 2-hours before the Marines could be effectively reinforced. It was one of the deadliest days of the war, but the Magnificent Bastards showed the insurgents that they were a far superior fighting unit.

Marines and Army soldiers killed an estimated 250 rebels from April 6 to April 10 in fighting that shattered the insurgent offensive. 13 Marines were killed and 25 were wounded in the battle on April 6. Another 4 were killed over the next four days. The battalion conducted support and stability operations (SASO) within the city and served with distinction while engaging insurgent forces in Iraq. 2/4 returned to Camp Pendleton in September 2004.

(information from the official website of 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines.)
"The warrior doesn't switch that off. He tones it down based on the threat, but he's still alert and prepared. He constantly thinks and evaluates what he is doing so he can outsmart the opposition all the time - Matt Larsen"

Transporting weapons in CA: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...p/Transporting
CA Knife Laws: http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html
Old 04-27-2013, 9:24 AM
CGN Contributor

Location: The chair is against the wall; John has a long mustache

This is a great cause guys...we need to help in any way we can. I was with VMA-214 in 2004 supporting theses very Marines with CAS from AV8B - Harrier night attack aircraft. I remember the hellatious fighting we heard them enduring over the hook and how intense the need was for us to turn aircraft around and get them back over the operational zone. While I was not one of the great warriors to take first hand part in this battle, I know several who did and feel pride in knowing that I was able to support them; even if only in-directly. Please click on the link and help in any small way you can.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the support then and thanks for the support now, ILVH8RS!
"The warrior doesn't switch that off. He tones it down based on the threat, but he's still alert and prepared. He constantly thinks and evaluates what he is doing so he can outsmart the opposition all the time - Matt Larsen"

Transporting weapons in CA: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...p/Transporting
Old 04-27-2013, 3:46 PM

Doc.... I was with 2/4 in OIF 2, with Golf Co. Sending you a PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:58 AM

Bump

Old 08-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

Doc I know its a necropost but what Company were ya with, Have 2 good friends that were in 2/4 for that deployment as Plt Sgts, plus SgtMajor Booker was my Det SgtMaj when I was an instructor out in Ft Sill in 2006. Also one of my Docs was a line Company Doc there as well.
Do SSgt Rapazzo or SSgt/Gunny Shelton ring a bell? Rapazzo was a with Weapons as a CAT/MAP Plt Sgt, Shelton was the company Gunny for one of the line Companies.