Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 07-19-2013, 8:50 AM
bravo tango's Avatar
bravo tango bravo tango is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 37
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Ordered 7-9
Shipping notice 7-18
Reddaway called for Monday delivery 7-18
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-19-2013, 9:23 AM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,677
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBill View Post
Electrical:
Here is what I did. I went to The Home Depot and bought a power strip with a long cord. I got a Defiant 6 Outlet Metal Surge with 8 ft. Cord
and a replacement plug end similar to this one Pass & Seymour 15 Amp 125-Volt Yellow Grip Plug
  1. I cut the end off the new power strip
  2. drilled through the predrilled hole to get through the fireboard and carpet hole.
  3. feed the cord through the hole
  4. put the replacement end on the cord

I also added some heavy duty Velcro loops to the back of the power strip to mount it vertical.

Data

This works really well for me. However your mileage my vary.

I use ChashPlan for my important items like pics and docs, but I don't want to backup my camera DVR recordings to the cloud. I had a 2TB USB external drive laying around and wanted to put that in the safe to backup those files as well as an additional place for my docs and pics.

I found a wireless device that has a 4 port USB hub as well. This is connected to my PC and the drive looks like a local disk. I have a program that runs as a service and detects any changes to a directory and immediately copies the files to this USB drive. I have been running this setup for a few months now and it works great.



Now depending on where in the house your WiFi access point is will determine how well this works. The signal will drop down once the door is closed. This works well for me due to the relative distance my safe is to one of my access points.
Does this setup work when the door is closed?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-19-2013, 6:24 PM
SoCalBill's Avatar
SoCalBill SoCalBill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 59
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
Does this setup work when the door is closed?
Does for me or I wouldn't have gone through the effort one of my access points is about 15 feet from the safe.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-20-2013, 6:54 AM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,677
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBill View Post
Does for me or I wouldn't have gone through the effort one of my access points is about 15 feet from the safe.
Neat. Looks like a great setup.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-20-2013, 8:06 AM
OldBlueMan OldBlueMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 218
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBill View Post
Does for me or I wouldn't have gone through the effort one of my access points is about 15 feet from the safe.
Another option is an Ethernet powerline adapter/network, although I've had mixed results with those when I start adding power strips (versus plugging directly into a wall outlet). Offering that up in case others want to duplicate your setup but don't have AP coverage to support it.

It is a nice setup indeed!
__________________
OBM
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Term's Avatar
Term Term is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 204
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcheng616 View Post
Was talking to one of the Rhino reps about the locks that come on the BigHorn safes from Costco. She confirmed it was a SecuRam branded electronic lock (1yr warranty) and that they no longer offer an option to swap in a mechanical dial lock. Anybody else get this same response about swapping out the lock?
Yes, I got the same response when I bought mine last December.

So I did it myself , not that difficult.

This is what I got.

http://www.bigredsafelocks.com/locks...2030-and-2040/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safe-Locks-G...item415f6f39df


INSTALLS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THIS ONE.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
Asking a gun shop employeel for legal advice is like going over investment strategies with your crack ho.

Last edited by Term; 07-23-2013 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-24-2013, 7:54 PM
maylebox's Avatar
maylebox maylebox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jethro Bodine's East Bay Hometown
Posts: 1,158
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason8055 View Post
Costco had a set of six led lights and thats what I installed in mine








What brand lights? Thats a great idea!!



Costco: Light Mates LED Puck Lights w/remote $29 6 pack w/batteries

I dont think I can give them the full recommendation now though.
They are already starting to dim after only a couple of weeks. Thats the
problem with these battery operated LED's. I have been in my safe everyday though.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-24-2013, 8:50 PM
RookieShooter's Avatar
RookieShooter RookieShooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal-LA-OC
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Have you tried NiMH batteries?
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-28-2013, 5:49 PM
yokron's Avatar
yokron yokron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Sweet! I will be getting this safe delivered this Friday. I live on the 6th floor of a condo building. I was planning on tipping the delivery person to roll it into my room. No stairs involved. He just rolls it into the elevator, then to my room. Will he do it if I tip him? And what's a fair amount?

Also, Im afraid the package wont fit through the doors since Im sure the safe will come in a big padded overbox. Should I unpack and assemble the safe in the lobby then bring just the safe on the dolly? I'm just trying to work out all the kinks, but it's a pretty simple operation. At the same time, I can't do it on my own. Should I just hire Boswell safe co. after Costco drops it off at the curb?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-28-2013, 5:57 PM
maylebox's Avatar
maylebox maylebox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jethro Bodine's East Bay Hometown
Posts: 1,158
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Have you tried NiMH batteries?
Have not, but I will now. I really like the setup otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 07-28-2013, 6:46 PM
piratebike's Avatar
piratebike piratebike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Murrieta/SoCal
Posts: 234
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokron View Post
Sweet! I will be getting this safe delivered this Friday. I live on the 6th floor of a condo building. I was planning on tipping the delivery person to roll it into my room. No stairs involved. He just rolls it into the elevator, then to my room. Will he do it if I tip him? And what's a fair amount?

Also, Im afraid the package wont fit through the doors since Im sure the safe will come in a big padded overbox. Should I unpack and assemble the safe in the lobby then bring just the safe on the dolly? I'm just trying to work out all the kinks, but it's a pretty simple operation. At the same time, I can't do it on my own. Should I just hire Boswell safe co. after Costco drops it off at the curb?
Minimal padding used. Box is 23" x 29". Only assembly is putting the handles on. Oh, and taking off the footings. Tip the guy enough for a six pack.

If he doesn't do it, you can move it by yourself as long as no lifting is involved and you have a dolly. But it's always nice to have a friend handy.

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IikKTLNs5XU
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-28-2013, 6:50 PM
triggs75's Avatar
triggs75 triggs75 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,485
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokron View Post
Sweet! I will be getting this safe delivered this Friday. I live on the 6th floor of a condo building. I was planning on tipping the delivery person to roll it into my room. No stairs involved. He just rolls it into the elevator, then to my room. Will he do it if I tip him? And what's a fair amount?

Also, Im afraid the package wont fit through the doors since Im sure the safe will come in a big padded overbox. Should I unpack and assemble the safe in the lobby then bring just the safe on the dolly? I'm just trying to work out all the kinks, but it's a pretty simple operation. At the same time, I can't do it on my own. Should I just hire Boswell safe co. after Costco drops it off at the curb?
There is just a cardboard box over. But it does have some steel feet that needs to come off.

In regards to Getting the driver taking that far would be a tough one. It all depends on if he is in a good mood or not. Have some cold water or Gatorade for him at the start and yeah tip him well. I tipped my guy $20 and he took it up my driveway into my garage. I would say maybe $40 tip could get the safe up there.

If not just have a uhaul fridge dolly waiting. It's not to bad to move.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-28-2013, 8:39 PM
Special Agent R's Avatar
Special Agent R Special Agent R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fair Oaks
Posts: 361
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I gave the driver cokes and is cold water and help guide into garage and let him know I really appreciate his help and professionalism.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-28-2013, 9:00 PM
OldBlueMan OldBlueMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 218
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I was at work when the delivery occurred. I had told my wife to tip the driver extra to get it into the garage from the curb, but the extra tip wasn't necessary as he said "the furthest I can move it is the garage" upon introducing himself.

I guess it depends on the driver, but given that you want him to move it into an elevator then into your condo I'd either prep the delivery company for it or have Boswell do it. The driver will want to help, but he's not going to risk his job doing an unofficial move into a condo and wrecking a wood floor, etc.
__________________
OBM
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-29-2013, 2:54 PM
HUKESQ HUKESQ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 23
iTrader: 18 / 95%
Default

What is the potential danger or drawback associated with the elctronic lock?
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 07-29-2013, 3:42 PM
Driift Driift is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 84
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUKESQ View Post
What is the potential danger or drawback associated with the elctronic lock?
That you teach your wife how to program it and she resets your code.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 07-29-2013, 4:15 PM
triggs75's Avatar
triggs75 triggs75 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,485
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driift View Post
That you teach your wife how to program it and she resets your code.




If you Google "gun safe mechanical vs digital" and you'll find endless debate over which is best.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-29-2013, 4:36 PM
tmh1's Avatar
tmh1 tmh1 is offline
Kitchen Operator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA Central Coast
Posts: 1,529
iTrader: 43 / 100%
Default

Cue Homer Simpson voice:

"Mmmm, endless debate..."
__________________
https://tmh.smugmug.com/photos/i-HXg423s/0/Th/i-HXg423s-Th.jpg
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-30-2013, 9:04 AM
Elwood_Blues's Avatar
Elwood_Blues Elwood_Blues is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,099
iTrader: 74 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUKESQ View Post
What is the potential danger or drawback associated with the elctronic lock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driift View Post
That you teach your wife how to program it and she resets your code.
Who gives the wife combo to the safe???
__________________
Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting

Quote:
We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
Quote:
Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 AM
maylebox's Avatar
maylebox maylebox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jethro Bodine's East Bay Hometown
Posts: 1,158
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
What is the potential danger or drawback associated with the elctronic lock?
Quote:
That you teach your wife how to program it and she resets your code.


That's Funny
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,249
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

ordered mine on 07/11/13, got a call yesterday 07/29/13, scheduled to deliver tomorrow 07/31/13.

Hoping he'll take tip to help me move it in the house.
__________________
WTS: Price Drop! Larue Stealth 18" Complete Upper with Lothar Walther Barrel
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1229284
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-30-2013, 4:12 PM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,677
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
ordered mine on 07/11/13, got a call yesterday 07/29/13, scheduled to deliver tomorrow 07/31/13.

Hoping he'll take tip to help me move it in the house.
In garage, probably. In house, not sure. PVC pipes let your move it pretty easy.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-30-2013, 5:29 PM
yokron's Avatar
yokron yokron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

I just got off the phone with the manager of Costco's delivery vendor, Joe, who was very nice and helpful. He said he would love to help bring it in, but cant due to liability reasons. He's been sued too many times so I understand. The wheels of his equipment can damage hardwood flooring. They will move it into your garage if it's reasonable. After that, you're on your own. The more I think about it, the more I want hire a professional safe moving company to get it into my room without damaging my wood floors, so I called around to get quotes. When doing so, you have to be very specific when describing the scope of work, which is the following for me:

1. (Remember the safe is already in the garage) Remove steel legs/beams from bottom of safe. It comes with steel legs bolted on, not on a wooden pallet.

2. Roll safe into elevator, less than 20 ft.

3. Roll safe into my room, another 25 ft. Level the safe, get it working, yada yada... the common sense stuff.

No incline, no stairs involved. Does this sound like a hard job? it's only a 400 lb safe. I'm not in the safe moving business, but I'll tell you this: it doesn't get any easier or more straightforward than this. I can't imagine it will take more than 20 minutes for 2 guys to do this. Boswell quoted me $375 (which includes bolt down service that I don't need) and Dean Safe was too busy. One vendor said my Rhino wasn't even a real safe. I was pretty shocked with Boswells price, so I googled "safe movers los angeles" and a whole bunch of vendors came up. I went through the list and only 2 were courteous and wanted the work:

1. GP Freight (they move safes for Turners)

2. Heavyweight Save & Vault in the OC.

They both quoted me $150 which I thought was fair for the minimal amount of work compared to the crazy custom safe moving jobs these companies really specialize in. GP was booked out 2-3 weeks, so I went with Heavyweight. I recommend these two companies as they understand that the safe will already be onsite and all you want from them is to professionally move and install the safe. My other option was to buy a furniture dolly for $20, then pay pay 2 random day laborers $30 each to help bring it in, but so many things can go wrong. I'd rather just pay more to make sure this gets done right. If my floors get scratched the wifey wont be too happy. Hope this helps.

Last edited by yokron; 07-30-2013 at 5:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-30-2013, 7:28 PM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,677
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokron View Post
I just got off the phone with the manager of Costco's delivery vendor, Joe, who was very nice and helpful. He said he would love to help bring it in, but cant due to liability reasons. He's been sued too many times so I understand. The wheels of his equipment can damage hardwood flooring. They will move it into your garage if it's reasonable. After that, you're on your own. The more I think about it, the more I want hire a professional safe moving company to get it into my room without damaging my wood floors, so I called around to get quotes. When doing so, you have to be very specific when describing the scope of work, which is the following for me:

1. (Remember the safe is already in the garage) Remove steel legs/beams from bottom of safe. It comes with steel legs bolted on, not on a wooden pallet.

2. Roll safe into elevator, less than 20 ft.

3. Roll safe into my room, another 25 ft. Level the safe, get it working, yada yada... the common sense stuff.

No incline, no stairs involved. Does this sound like a hard job? it's only a 400 lb safe. I'm not in the safe moving business, but I'll tell you this: it doesn't get any easier or more straightforward than this. I can't imagine it will take more than 20 minutes for 2 guys to do this. Boswell quoted me $375 (which includes bolt down service that I don't need) and Dean Safe was too busy. One vendor said my Rhino wasn't even a real safe. I was pretty shocked with Boswells price, so I googled "safe movers los angeles" and a whole bunch of vendors came up. I went through the list and only 2 were courteous and wanted the work:

1. GP Freight (they move safes for Turners)

2. Heavyweight Save & Vault in the OC.

They both quoted me $150 which I thought was fair for the minimal amount of work compared to the crazy custom safe moving jobs these companies really specialize in. GP was booked out 2-3 weeks, so I went with Heavyweight. I recommend these two companies as they understand that the safe will already be onsite and all you want from them is to professionally move and install the safe. My other option was to buy a furniture dolly for $20, then pay pay 2 random day laborers $30 each to help bring it in, but so many things can go wrong. I'd rather just pay more to make sure this gets done right. If my floors get scratched the wifey wont be too happy. Hope this helps.
The safe is not that heavy. One person can probably do it with a fridge dolly and a few PVC pipes. Get a buddy and it should be no big deal.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 07-30-2013, 8:25 PM
Term's Avatar
Term Term is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 204
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
The safe is not that heavy. One person can probably do it with a fridge dolly and a few PVC pipes. Get a buddy and it should be no big deal.
Also , with the door open at 90 degrees it will lift off the hinges, removing 100 lbs. that will make it a lot more manageable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
Asking a gun shop employeel for legal advice is like going over investment strategies with your crack ho.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 07-31-2013, 7:04 AM
SoCalBill's Avatar
SoCalBill SoCalBill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 59
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
The safe is not that heavy. One person can probably do it with a fridge dolly and a few PVC pipes. Get a buddy and it should be no big deal.
Exactly. Grab a buddy and buy him lunch or bribe with beer. Remove the door. Rent and appliance dolly from UHAUL and a few moving blankets. If you are worried about your floors you can buy 4x8 sheets of 1/8" "Tempered Hardboard" for $8 at The Home Depot to roll the safe over. UHAUL might even have those to rent as well.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-31-2013, 8:33 AM
yokron's Avatar
yokron yokron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Yall are right, i need to stop being a pansy. I called a friend who runs a warehouse and has the equipment to help me.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 07-31-2013, 8:35 AM
yokron's Avatar
yokron yokron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Another question: is it hard to remove the steel legs from the bottom? Whats the right way to do it?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-31-2013, 8:42 AM
gogohopper's Avatar
gogohopper gogohopper is offline
https://goo.gl/JYVbtA
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South end of the South Bay
Posts: 4,664
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokron View Post
Another question: is it hard to remove the steel legs from the bottom? Whats the right way to do it?
Get 3 cases of canned beer.

Drink them all with 1 buddy.

Line the empties up under the safe, be sure to distribute them evenly, leaving room for your arms.

Lay next to the safe and extend your arm under it.

Unscrew all the bolts and push the safe off the braces.

Slide your arm out since the cans will be supporting the safe.

Slide a dolly under the safe and move it to it's future location !
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-31-2013, 8:45 AM
rollsdeep rollsdeep is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 108
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I used to be a mover. For the price of a six pack I would have done exactly zero for you. I worked with a bunch of ex cons and junkies. Best to take care of people like that, as they know you have a safe full of guns and have the knowledge and ability to move it....
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Driift Driift is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 84
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

remove the left side support leg first then the right, to prevent any door swinging issues. I did it myself, totally a walk in the park, three 3/4" PVC pipes some plywood, rolled over the garage entry door lift and over the lip on our side house entry door with plywood. Moved it about 50 feet, no problem. I actually enjoyed it as bizarre as that sounds .........
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:21 PM
OldBlueMan OldBlueMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 218
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

...and when you pull the door off, watch for the two small ball bearings which will probably come out and hit the ground. The hinge pins are coated with grease so they'll lift out when you lift the door up, and similarly those ball bearings will stick to the bottom of the hinge pins.

When you put the door back on, drop a bearing into each hinge, then the hinge pin, and reinstall the door.
__________________
OBM
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-31-2013, 1:13 PM
kantstudien's Avatar
kantstudien kantstudien is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: so cal
Posts: 1,648
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Go to your local college weight room and offer $20 to a few bros to help you move the safe. Just a thought
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-31-2013, 2:23 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,249
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term View Post
Also , with the door open at 90 degrees it will lift off the hinges, removing 100 lbs. that will make it a lot more manageable.
I tried that, couldn't get it off the hinges, anyone able to show pics or vid of how to do it? I had the door opened 90 degrees, so it's perpendicular at a right angle from the safe correct? I tried lifting it, wouldn't budge, anything particular I have to do?
__________________
WTS: Price Drop! Larue Stealth 18" Complete Upper with Lothar Walther Barrel
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1229284
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-31-2013, 2:27 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,249
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueMan View Post
...and when you pull the door off, watch for the two small ball bearings which will probably come out and hit the ground. The hinge pins are coated with grease so they'll lift out when you lift the door up, and similarly those ball bearings will stick to the bottom of the hinge pins.

When you put the door back on, drop a bearing into each hinge, then the hinge pin, and reinstall the door.
so you don't have to do anything but lift the door up at 90 degrees? Do you have to pop the pins out first?
__________________
WTS: Price Drop! Larue Stealth 18" Complete Upper with Lothar Walther Barrel
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1229284
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-31-2013, 4:19 PM
Term's Avatar
Term Term is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 204
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I tried that, couldn't get it off the hinges, anyone able to show pics or vid of how to do it? I had the door opened 90 degrees, so it's perpendicular at a right angle from the safe correct? I tried lifting it, wouldn't budge, anything particular I have to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
so you don't have to do anything but lift the door up at 90 degrees? Do you have to pop the pins out first?

I did it. I put my harbor freight low profile floor jack under the door and lifted it off the hinges. Its that simple.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
Asking a gun shop employeel for legal advice is like going over investment strategies with your crack ho.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-31-2013, 7:17 PM
Speedpower's Avatar
Speedpower Speedpower is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Enterprise
Posts: 2,240
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I tried that, couldn't get it off the hinges, anyone able to show pics or vid of how to do it? I had the door opened 90 degrees, so it's perpendicular at a right angle from the safe correct? I tried lifting it, wouldn't budge, anything particular I have to do?
lifting the door by yourself? using a floor jack will make your life easier........... without even breaking a sweat
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-01-2013, 7:28 AM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,677
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantstudien View Post
Go to your local college weight room and offer $20 to a few bros to help you move the safe. Just a thought
I bet you a case of beer that you can't . . .
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-01-2013, 7:50 AM
mikeyfromsd mikeyfromsd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Just a tip to those who are trying to move the safe themselves. Instead of using PVC pipe, use golf balls. You can move it in any direction you want, easily making any corners without having to jimmy the thing around a lot. If you have carpet, just lay some 1/4" plywood down and move it over those.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-01-2013, 9:57 AM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,249
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Update: had 2 of my neighbors come help me move it up stairs. With their help we were able to lift the door off @ 90 degrees, and yes it came straight off, nothing else needed to be done. Thx all.

I rented an appliance dolly from Home Depot and it helped us get it upstairs. Probably would have been a lot more difficult without one.
__________________
WTS: Price Drop! Larue Stealth 18" Complete Upper with Lothar Walther Barrel
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1229284
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.