Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 07-12-2013, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoxg View Post
CRAP!, I got the email showing my order is now in the "shipped" status and I got a tracking number from Reddaway Trucking. I was expecting a call from them but when I went back to my order details I don't see that I included my phone number anywhere in the details.

Do you remember specifically entering in your phone number during the ordering process?

My number hasn't changed since I started my Costco Membership years ago so I assume they have it on file somewhere.
Well **** I just realized I didn't put my # either
Old 07-12-2013, 8:18 PM

Quote:
CRAP!, I got the email showing my order is now in the "shipped" status and I got a tracking number from Reddaway Trucking. I was expecting a call from them but when I went back to my order details I don't see that I included my phone number anywhere in the details.

Do you remember specifically entering in your phone number during the ordering process?

My number hasn't changed since I started my Costco Membership years ago so I assume they have it on file somewhere.
When did you order and what is ETA? I haven't been charged yet.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:

I wasn't prompted for my phone number; Costco provided the number I had on file to the shipper. Check your profile on Costco.com.

Reddaway's number according to the BOL is 888 420 8960. For what it's worth, the 'shipped' email from Costco was received a day after I received my safe.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2013, 8:46 PM
Kitchen Operator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMtn View Post
And when you say this realistically holds 12-14 long guns you mean having long guns take up the left side and right side, correct? If you just to intend to use half the safe for long guns then you're looking at only 6-7, right?
Yup.

Of course I am still using the upper full-width shelf for pistols and revolvers (hanging underneath it using the product shown in post #20) with their magazines and accessories on the top part of the shelf. But all rifles left-to-right on the bottom for the 12-14 number.
Old 07-12-2013, 8:49 PM

Great value, purchased 2 on the last sale. Originally wanted a Liberty Safe, but could not justify pricing. I saved enough money to purchase a nice high resolution video security system from Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2013, 5:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueMan View Post
I wasn't prompted for my phone number; Costco provided the number I had on file to the shipper. Check your profile on Costco.com.

Reddaway's number according to the BOL is 888 420 8960. For what it's worth, the 'shipped' email from Costco was received a day after I received my safe.

Good luck!
I don't see anywhere to update my phone number in my Costco profile.
Old 07-13-2013, 5:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Again, anyone willing to post up pictures of the electrical/data cabling they installed in their safe?

Last edited by AAShooter; 07-13-2013 at 5:22 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
I don't see anywhere to update my phone number in my Costco profile.
Look under 'My Account' the 'Address Book' then locate your ship-to address among that list and edit it. You won't see your phone number on the displayed page but you will see it on the edit page.
Old 07-13-2013, 8:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueMan View Post
Look under 'My Account' the 'Address Book' then locate your ship-to address among that list and edit it. You won't see your phone number on the displayed page but you will see it on the edit page.

Sure enough. Thanks for the heads up. Mine are correct but good to know that.
Old 07-13-2013, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Again, anyone willing to post up pictures of the electrical/data cabling they installed in their safe?
Here is what I did. My safe was a tight fit next to our Murphey bed in the front office. since I had about 1" literally, I went to True Value and they sell the appliance chords with the three wires. I was able to use that because you install the outlet separately, push the chord through attach the outlet to the proper wires and are done.

The nice thing about the appliance chord is its flat on the end that plugs into the wall and gave me the perfect amount of room. I could run anything right now in the safe, but only have the goldenrod hooked up at the moment. I am thinking about connecting this set up, I like the cleaner look too. But the appliance chord worked great, SAFE IS AWESOME!!!!!

This is great option but I could not use it because I could not fit the wall plug in this kit and my safe in the same spot .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STACK-ON-Ele...item4ac6b19ea8

By the way you will have to drill through the fireproofing, not a big deal but will leave some shiite in your safe ......... have fun ... dig the safe

I also built 5 shelves for it too ..... 12 1/4 by 13 1/4 bought the shelving mounts from Home Depot, and I added another long shelf 26 1/4 by 13 1/4 and I still have room for my rifles ..... I went crazy can post pics if anybody wants to see them ......

I also moved it myself and none of my homies were around and I didnt want it in the garage .... did it Egyptian "pyramid" style with three cut 3/4" PVC pipe from True value and two pieces of plywood over the hardwood floors. It took about three hours to do it but worked beautifully .....no marks no drama .... good luck .....
Old 07-13-2013, 9:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driift View Post
Here is what I did. My safe was a tight fit next to our Murphey bed in the front office. since I had about 1" literally, I went to True Value and they sell the appliance chords with the three wires. I was able to use that because you install the outlet separately, push the chord through attach the outlet to the proper wires and are done.

The nice thing about the appliance chord is its flat on the end that plugs into the wall and gave me the perfect amount of room. I could run anything right now in the safe, but only have the goldenrod hooked up at the moment. I am thinking about connecting this set up, I like the cleaner look too. But the appliance chord worked great, SAFE IS AWESOME!!!!!

This is great option but I could not use it because I could not fit the wall plug in this kit and my safe in the same spot .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STACK-ON-Ele...item4ac6b19ea8

By the way you will have to drill through the fireproofing, not a big deal but will leave some shiite in your safe ......... have fun ... dig the safe

I also built 5 shelves for it too ..... 12 1/4 by 13 1/4 bought the shelving mounts from Home Depot, and I added another long shelf 26 1/4 by 13 1/4 and I still have room for my rifles ..... I went crazy can post pics if anybody wants to see them ......

I also moved it myself and none of my homies were around and I didnt want it in the garage .... did it Egyptian "pyramid" style with three cut 3/4" PVC pipe from True value and two pieces of plywood over the hardwood floors. It took about three hours to do it but worked beautifully .....no marks no drama .... good luck .....
Some great ideas. Thanks.

I, for one, would love to see the photos.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:50 AM

I got a "generic error" at the very end of the check out... Does that mean its oos?
I've tried other browers and even on my iphone...
Old 07-13-2013, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratebike View Post
When did you order and what is ETA? I haven't been charged yet.

Thanks
Ordered Late night 7/10/13
"Shipped" Email from Costco 7/12/13
No ETA on Reddaway order detail screen.
It says "Pick up date 7/9/13"
"Standard delivery 7/11/13"
"Appointment 7/12/13"

I checked my "Address book" on Costco.com and my phone number is listed there when I hit the "edit" button and check it out. I am sure I'll get a call Monday or Tuesday to set up a delivery time.
Old 07-13-2013, 9:01 PM

Thanks. My order date shows 7/10/13 also. Just concerned b/c the membership card is under my wife's name, but I set up our online account under my name and CC is in my name. Got an order confirmation via email.

Should I call Costco or am I ok?
Old 07-14-2013, 5:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Mine shows 7/10 order date. Status is still "Order Received"
Old 07-14-2013, 10:36 AM

I ordered mine on Friday and realized that my number was wrong on my Costco account. I called Costco to get them to fix it on the order, but they said they will call me back with someone that can fix it sometime Tuesday. I called Rhino Safe, and told them what happend. The woman there said they didnt have my order in from costco yet, but she would take my order number and fix the phone number on it for me. I will still call them back Monday to make sure the number got fixed.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Anyone been able to move this by themselves? (with a dolly)
I have an old refrigerator dolly worked great. I had to go up some steps over the threshold on ceramic tile no problem and no I wont help anyone LOL go rent a Uhaul. great safe also.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM

Great safe. And if your looking for a light kit I got mine from lite tech on this site.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=456064

Great kit you will really enjoy it.
Old 07-15-2013, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmoke9 View Post
Also, after I bought it at Costco I contacted the company about delivery and requested the mechanical lock instead of an electronic one. No problem at all.
I wasn't so lucky. Placed my order for the safe and called this morning to swap out the electronic lock for a manual dial one. Margaret, the customer service rep, said they were shipped only with the electronic lock and if I want a manual lock I would need to call a locksmith and have them install one. I didn't even have the option to purchase the manual lock separately like others online have done.
Old 07-15-2013, 2:53 PM

Default Costco Led Battery Powered Safe Lighting

I just bought the Bighorn B6030EL which is a bit larger than the one on sale now. Costco had a set of six led lights and thats what I installed in mine. I really like them a lot. They come with a remote control which I installed on the safe door. So when I open the door I click the button and the light goes on. The remote has a 30 minute switch and thats the one I use. If I lock the safe and forget to turn off the light they will turn off automatically. You can push the regular "on" button too. The kit comes with foam stickers to use as under kitchen cabinet lighting, for a safe you will need a piece of velcro attached to the puck light. If you need more light you can buy another set and run them off the same remote. I dont know how long the batteries last yet and obviously wired lighting would be best. But for $29 you could have your safe lit up in 10 minutes. I posted these pics on another forum showing a Ruger Takedown shelf I built for my safe. You can see 4 of the lights in the picture and the remote on the door (the other 2 lights are on the ammo shelves). Also I found a youtube video of a guy (not me) reviewing the same light set.

The address to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Izre84yw1M
Old 07-16-2013, 10:20 AM

where did you get the gun holsters from??
Quote:
Originally Posted by maylebox View Post
I just bought the Bighorn B6030EL which is a bit larger than the one on sale now. Costco had a set of six led lights and thats what I installed in mine. I really like them a lot. They come with a remote control which I installed on the safe door. So when I open the door I click the button and the light goes on. The remote has a 30 minute switch and thats the one I use. If I lock the safe and forget to turn off the light they will turn off automatically. You can push the regular "on" button too. The kit comes with foam stickers to use as under kitchen cabinet lighting, for a safe you will need a piece of velcro attached to the puck light. If you need more light you can buy another set and run them off the same remote. I dont know how long the batteries last yet and obviously wired lighting would be best. But for $29 you could have your safe lit up in 10 minutes. I posted these pics on another forum showing a Ruger Takedown shelf I built for my safe. You can see 4 of the lights in the picture and the remote on the door (the other 2 lights are on the ammo shelves). Also I found a youtube video of a guy (not me) reviewing the same light set.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driift View Post
where did you get the gun holsters from??

http://www.deansafe.com/aco-acornpis...ers-5pack.html - 5 Pack

http://www.deansafe.com/acvepiho10pa1.html - 10 Pack

http://www.deansafe.com/aco-acornpistolholsters.html - Single
Old 07-16-2013, 2:50 PM

Thanks awiner. Yes I got them from deansafe.com
Old 07-17-2013, 6:37 AM

Default Bighorn safe

I ordered mine on 07/11/13 and was wondering if anyone ordered on the same date or later received a shipment phone call from them yet?
Old 07-17-2013, 8:25 AM

• Order placed night of 7/10
  • Costco.com "Order Received" email confirmation 7/11
  • Rhino "Order Confirmation" email with link to click to confirm 7/11
Haven't seen another email or heard anything ever since. Called Rhino for an update and was told that it would be shipping this week. She said that I should be receiving an email once it ships and another call later to set a date for the delivery.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cackit View Post
I ordered mine on 07/11/13 and was wondering if anyone ordered on the same date or later received a shipment phone call from them yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcheng616 View Post
  • Order placed night of 7/10
  • Costco.com "Order Received" email confirmation 7/11
  • Rhino "Order Confirmation" email with link to click to confirm 7/11
Haven't seen another email or heard anything ever since. Called Rhino for an update and was told that it would be shipping this week. She said that I should be receiving an email once it ships and another call later to set a date for the delivery.
Same here, order place 7/10, rhino confirmation emailed received and nothing else.

It does say 3-6 weeks for delivery though, so I'm not too worried.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I did call to find out about lock changes and if it was possible to go to a different electronic lock or manual lock and was told no changes possible. It can be done by a locksmith once you receive it.

As far as the process, you should have received confirmation from Costco and Bighorn when you ordered. When your item ships you will receive an email from Costco.com. That email will let you know that they are charging your card. It will also contain a tracking number.

You can go online at the carriers website to track your shipment if you wish. Shortly after you get the email from Costco.com, you will get a phone call from the carrier to schedule your delivery widow.

Rhino Metals has been very responsive in answering questions and the information above if from them.

Last edited by AAShooter; 07-17-2013 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR90 View Post
Same here, order place 7/10, rhino confirmation emailed received and nothing else.

It does say 3-6 weeks for delivery though, so I'm not too worried.
I placed mine the same time frame. It sounds like mine might ship late this week or next week. Pretty good turn-around time if that s what happens.
Old 07-17-2013, 4:32 PM

Ordered 7/10
Email stating "Shipped" 7/12
Weekend 7/13, 7/14
Phone call to set up a deivery window 7/16
Being delivered between 11am-4pm 7/20
Old 07-17-2013, 4:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Ordered 7/10
Email stating "Shipped" 7/12
Weekend 7/13, 7/14
Phone call to set up a deivery window 7/16
Being delivered between 11am-4pm 7/20
Thanks for the information. Did you have any choice on your delivery window? Or did they just tell you when?
Old 07-17-2013, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Did you have any choice on your delivery window? Or did they just tell you when?
They said it was set up for a Sat Delivery and it worked out perfect for me so I didn't have to ask them to change it or anything. They didn't ask me if Sat would work for me, they just said "its set up for Sat" and I said "that's fine I'll be home" Then she gave me the 11am-4pm window.
Old 07-17-2013, 8:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylebox View Post

Costco had a set of six led lights and thats what I installed in mine

What brand lights? Thats a great idea!!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcheng616 View Post
Was talking to one of the Rhino reps about the locks that come on the BigHorn safes from Costco. She confirmed it was a SecuRam branded electronic lock (1yr warranty) and that they no longer offer an option to swap in a mechanical dial lock. Anybody else get this same response about swapping out the lock?
Yes, I did talk to them after my safe ordered and got the same response.
Old 07-18-2013, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Electrical:
Here is what I did. I went to The Home Depot and bought a power strip with a long cord. I got a Defiant 6 Outlet Metal Surge with 8 ft. Cord
and a replacement plug end similar to this one Pass & Seymour 15 Amp 125-Volt Yellow Grip Plug
  1. I cut the end off the new power strip
  2. drilled through the predrilled hole to get through the fireboard and carpet hole.
  3. feed the cord through the hole
  4. put the replacement end on the cord

I also added some heavy duty Velcro loops to the back of the power strip to mount it vertical.

Data

This works really well for me. However your mileage my vary.

I use ChashPlan for my important items like pics and docs, but I don't want to backup my camera DVR recordings to the cloud. I had a 2TB USB external drive laying around and wanted to put that in the safe to backup those files as well as an additional place for my docs and pics.

I found a wireless device that has a 4 port USB hub as well. This is connected to my PC and the drive looks like a local disk. I have a program that runs as a service and detects any changes to a directory and immediately copies the files to this USB drive. I have been running this setup for a few months now and it works great.

Now depending on where in the house your WiFi access point is will determine how well this works. The signal will drop down once the door is closed. This works well for me due to the relative distance my safe is to one of my access points.

Last edited by SoCalBill; 07-18-2013 at 7:52 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 9:06 AM

Just got a call, local carrier is delivering tomorrow. I ordered 10AM EST on the 11th, and I am located Cincinnati so that may be why mine appears to be a bit ahead of schedule for you Cali guys.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:23 AM

Ordered online 07/11/13
Confirmation notice from Rhino metals 07/11/13
Costco email with tracking # 07/18/13
No phone call from driver yet.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Thanks op just ordered mine.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:47 AM

I finally pulled the trigger on one, just need to make space for it in the garage...
Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 PM

Ordered online 07/11/13
Confirmation notice from Rhino metals 07/11/13
Costco email with tracking # 07/18/13, link says safe is at local truck yard as of this morning so just waiting on call for delivery time. I am in State of Jefferson
Old 07-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Just got my tracking # today, should arrive at shipping terminal tomorrow.