Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 07-01-2013, 9:35 AM

Default Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by Garyson1311; 11-13-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Clean record and HONESTY will get you through.. That's it! I think everyone has tried mj a time or two. They are straight forward and really easy to talk to. Good luck! No, no mags.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 PM

When I interviewed, all they asked was if I've ever used it and roughly how old I was when I tried it.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Listening to Michael Jackson shows horrible taste, but I don't think it's going to keep you from getting your LTC.

I had to list 3 speeding tickets on my application for RivCo. I received a good-natured ribbing about them, but the Deputy's main concern was that the fines were paid.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyson1311 View Post
Hey I wanted to start by thanking you guys for your advice thus far!

I have a clean record and the only negative thing that I put on the app was the fact I tried MJ like 3 times when I was in High School, which was 10 years ago. I know honesty is key and I had no interest in lying anyway. If they are going to deny me for trying MJ 10 years ago 3 times within a few month span, then so be it. I have a speeding ticket from about 8 years ago but the app only asks for stuff within the last 5 years so I left it off.

I have my cashiers checks, copies and originals of my documents (Grant deed, property tax, Driver License, Water bill, Birth Cert, etc.

Without violating forum rules, my GC is basic but in my opinion, well written. It mentions self defense, hiking/backpacking, worried about crime rates, etc.

I will be bringing my 3 guns in (Sig, Kimber, Springfield XD) in a locked container, slides back, no ammo. Did you guys leave mags in?

That being said, I have my interview tomorrow at the SBCO station and was looking for any last minute pointers, expectations, or questions to prepare for?
Old 07-01-2013, 7:21 PM

I would say not to bring the magazines for your weapons. Other than that, it looks good to go from here. Good Luck!