Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 05-18-2015, 7:47 PM

Post Update: Range Report with Problem Glock 17

Original post:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1064121

So today I finally got a change to go to my local gun range and test out my Glock 17 since it came back from the factory a few weeks ago. (Please note before I went to the range I did the manual field disassemble, cleaned and lubed everything as instructed by both the manual and technical support, I even filled the magazines to get them loose and cocked the slide back of my gun more than 200+ times so stiffness wouldn't be an issue).

My firing session It started off horrible with me getting a feed issue on the 2nd round right off the bat. I sighed and ejected the round out and shot again again, only to get another feed issue. Heres a few pics of it here as it occured:
http://imgur.com/a/Ld1un

I was started to get really frustrated but ended up finishing the entire magazine with no problems. Tested another 10 rounds on the other magazine with no problems, and tried another 10 with the problem magazine with 1 feed error. At this point I started realizing the issue might have just been 1 magazine so I continued firing 40 more rounds with the problem magazine only getting 1 feed error. I continued switching off, firing a total of 280 rounds between both magazines. I focused most of my ammo on the problem magazine since the other one wasn't giving me any issue and only seemed to have a feed error once every 30 rounds in and 1 feed issue 60 rounds in and then no feed errors after that. In total out of 150 rounds I fired through the problem magazine I got about 6 feed errors ( 2 of them occurring at the start and 3 of them occurring the first half ) My last 60 or so rounds I had no feed issues.
In summary ( got a feed issue 2nd round, then 3rd round, then 10th round, then 30 rounds in and then 60 rounds in )

I'm not sure if the magazine springs needed time or whatever but it seemed like the problems were occurring much less and less. I'm still not fully 100% confident in my Glock 17 to use as my home SD weapon but maybe ill give it another 300 rounds at the range in my next trip before deciding if I should contact Glock again. Overall I'm happy but still cautious, anyways I did alright at the range accuracy wise:
http://imgur.com/a/AEljv

PS - I started off firing 180 115gr fiocchi rounds and experienced the feed issues with them and then switched to 100 Winchester 115 gr rounds and experienced 1 feed issues so I'm not sure ammo had any difference in the matter except Winchester rounds were a lot dirtier then fiocchi.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated
Old 05-18-2015, 11:17 PM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92FSfan View Post
Original post:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1064121

In total out of 150 rounds I fired through the problem magazine I got about 6 feed errors ( 2 of them occurring at the start and 3 of them occurring the first half ) My last 60 or so rounds I had no feed issues.
In summary ( got a feed issue 2nd round, then 3rd round, then 10th round, then 30 rounds in and then 60 rounds in )
That is unusually high. I used to own G19 and G22 and didn't have any issue with feeding. I'd call them back and ask what to do next.
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

1Co 1: 18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Consider your final destiny, there is no second chance there.
Old 05-19-2015, 2:19 AM

It's you magazine, the follower to be exact. take a look at both of the mags and see if you notice the followers to look different, just switch it out.. There cheap and easy to find online..
Old 05-19-2015, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrly View Post
It's you magazine, the follower to be exact. take a look at both of the mags and see if you notice the followers to look different, just switch it out.. There cheap and easy to find online..
They are both the 2-2183 followers and glock said these are the correct ones