Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 05-18-2015, 3:16 PM

Default You Want to See a Glock 43 in the display case?

Howdy:

After tax season, while recently visiting family on Long Island, I "happened" to stop into a Glock stocking gun store hopefully to get my hands on a Glock 43s since these pistols can't be sold in our local CA stores. This and many other pistols are not "blessed" by our CA DOJ!!!

After viewing a Glock 43 ($499 for sale) in the gun case, I asked the clerk if I could look at it. He asked me if I had a carry permit and said, I'm from CA and a visitor. He immediately shut and locked the gun display case.

What's this all about I asked the clerk? The store is located in Nassau County, LI! He informed me the law requires a pistol permit to hold the weapon and then informed me if I ventured to a shooting range, the law requires a permit to use a pistol there too! "Thank Goodness" we "live" in CA!!!!

I'm not even 3' from a Glock 43 that can only be purchased (non-LEO) via PPT. Glock 43s are selling for $1,000-$1,200+ in this website and I have yet to see a Glock 43 in Evans Indoor Range in Orange! I'm bummed!!!

I then inform the clerk I used to have a permit in NY, moved awhile ago (1970) to CA, have a CA permit for years plus NV and Utah. I've remove these permits from my wallet and displayed them on the display counter. Just to add a bit more "plastic" I also display on my NRA Pistol Instructor and CA DOJ Firearms Safety Certificate credentials. Clerk said, hold on a second, let me go ask the owner.

A couple of minutes later the owner comes over to the display case, looks at my "plastic", looks up at me and says, NO FL permit? He laughs, me too because I thought he was serious. He turns around to the clerk and said show him anything he wants to look at in and behind (lots of AR/AK weapons displayed) the display case.

Later the owner and I get to discussing CA DOJ "stuff" and mention this website plus prices for off-Roster firearms. He knew about the microstamping "bs" in CA and I told him the "xxxx" hasn't hit the fan yet since many pistols still available won't be after they fall off their "blessed" time "stamp"! He just shook his head and said no way would he would live in CA, nor own a gun store. But, he did admit NY is following CA leed somewhat in some respects ie magazine capacity etc, 7 rounds limit but last year, legislators informed LEOs not to enforce the mag limit.

My gun store "meeting" was positive and I did purchase some items I didn't have to worry about taking them with me on the plane avoiding checking my one carry on.

Tough Guy Levi
Orange
PS: NY has the Sullivan Law and obtaining a handgun permit is nearly impossible. My NY (Nassau County) permit took 1 1/2 years prior to issue and all my references were interviewed in person by a LEO. My twin brother's permit only took 9 months since he was a Vietnam Special Forces Captain (1st Special Forces) and had veteran papers ie DD-214 included in his paperwork. Oh-Nassau County permits are not ALLOWED in NYC meaning if you travel anywhere in the 5 NYC boroughs, your permit is null/void! My twin "THANKS" MR BLOOMBERG for this idiocy !!
Old 05-18-2015, 3:36 PM
Veteran Member

so the real question is, will one of your vertical family members who lives in Long Island buy the G43 and ship it to you via interfamilial transfer?
Old 05-19-2015, 7:40 AM

Default Transfer from Family member

Howdy:

If I am not mistaken, my twin brother can't purchase a firearm then send
it to me via a CA FFL. Parents/Grandparents can but the line is "broken" relating to brothers/sisters/in-laws etc.

Tough Guy Levi
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
so the real question is, will one of your vertical family members who lives in Long Island buy the G43 and ship it to you via interfamilial transfer?
Old 05-19-2015, 8:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I fondled a 43 at my LGS just last week.....granted it's labeled "LE only", but they still let me hold it. It actually felt surprisingly nice in my hand. Much better than the 42 did.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun