Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-26-2013, 5:11 PM

Default Issues With My Application AZ

So I applied for my AZ CCW back in March 27th. I called for the longest and they told me that it hasn't been processed yet. Well 3 weeks ago I called and they told me that my application has been flagged. By flagged they said something popped up on my FBI check for some reason. Now I never have been in trouble before. Obviously I have a Glock in Jail at the moment and own several other guns I have bought here in California. This is really throwing me for a loop. A few years ago I was a victim of Identity theft. I got it all taken care of to pass all my background checks for my Real estate license as well as my Dealer's license for the state of CA. Which I had to do fingerprinting for both license's. AZ told me the DOJ passed but the FBI threw a red flag. I explained to AZ that I just took the same fingerprints for both FBI/DOJ for my real estate exam. I passed with no issues. AZ said this is a different process. I can understand that. Why would I pass all my checks for owning guns and passing all the same checks for my 2 license's and not have an issue with those? I asked AZ if they could tell me what they found and they won't release the information to me. If they were going to deny the application wouldn't they have done it in the first place rather than sending it to their resources department? I asked if this had to do with the identity theft and she told me that they are allowed to clear that on the spot. In this case the application was sent to resource department for investigation. How long does this usually take? Has anyone else had an issue like this one? She explained to me this could take an indefinite time.

Thanks guys.