Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 06-22-2013, 1:38 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default Apply for your Oregon LTC in Chino 6/23

Staff from Grant County, Oregon are coming to Chino Sunday 6/23 to take applications for Oregon license to carry (CHL).

The Oregon applications must be done in person, so unless you want to drive up to Oregon, here is your opportunity.

CGSSA will be there with Pizza and drinks so bring your appetite.

Details:
Sunday June 6/23 @4:30pm
Accredited Tax, Inc.
5690 Schaefer Ave Suite H
Chino, CA 91710-9031

What you need:
1. A Copy (black & white) of your driver's license. Address on your driver’s license MUST match your current residence. If it doesn't, please try to visit the DMV and take care of that prior to out meeting. I think you can do that on the CA DMV website unless you have a commercial driver’s license.

2. A copy of every current concealed weapons permit you have. If no permits then either a passport, military I.D., voter registration card, employee I.D. or some type of photo I.D., etc…Costco cards will do. No credit cards please.

3. Photocopy of your certificate of training for Oregon (Basic Handgun Safety)

4. Grant County CHL application filled out completely; signed and stapled together. Make sure you use the current CHL application from the new Grant County website dated 12APR2013:
http://grantcountysherifforegon.com/...pplication.pdf

5. Check or money order for $65 made payable to 'Grant County Sheriff's Office'

6. Self-addressed stamped envelope (letter size please).

7. A piece of paper quarter turned in landscape mode with your full legal name (middle initial is ok) typed in the largest font so it fits across the very top of the page on the same line. I need this for you to hold up by your chest when I take your mug shot. If you are not a computer person & have no idea how to accomplish this, just use a sharpie and hand write it.

8. Picture (jpeg format – I will take in person)

9. Fingerprints (I will take in person)

Full details:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=767215
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!

Last edited by lgm118icbm; 06-22-2013 at 1:41 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 7:37 PM
Banned

This is wierd. I called Sheriff Palmer's Office in Grant County, Oregon, this past Wednesday. Although he was not in at the time, his Secretary checked his schedule and said he was not scheduled to be in So Ca. this weekend. I did leave him a message, but have not heard back. Does anyone know how accurate this info is?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveca View Post
This is wierd. I called Sheriff Palmer's Office in Grant County, Oregon, this past Wednesday. Although he was not in at the time, his Secretary checked his schedule and said he was not scheduled to be in So Ca. this weekend. I did leave him a message, but have not heard back. Does anyone know how accurate this info is?
We are a go for tomorrow. One of Grant County Sheriff's staff is taking time out of his personal vacation to stop in Chino tomorrow night to accept applications. This is your chance unless you want to drive to Oregon and do it in person.

Get your Carry License!!

Last edited by lgm118icbm; 06-22-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 11:21 PM

I thought CA didn't recognize these . . .

Looking for: Tula SKS (non-tacticool)
Anything North Korea
Iz 240 Saiga in 556/223 or 762
Old 06-23-2013, 1:33 AM

Default I AM IN

I LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i
Old 06-23-2013, 6:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, because like, he's a one man show
Old 06-23-2013, 7:12 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Britain View Post
I thought CA didn't recognize these . . .
California does not recognize out of state carry permits. The Oregon permit would cover you in Oregon and a handful of other states when you are traveling.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

Get your Carry License!!
Old 06-23-2013, 7:43 PM
Banned

This should have been reconfirmed and posted as such several days ago, even a couple of weeks ago, not the day before the event. When we were told by his office that Sheriff Palmer was not going to be here, we just assumed it was off. Only yesterday did we find out someone was filling in for him. By then, we all had committed to other plans. Just too poorly arranged without enough notice. That's a shame too, because these guys from Oregon were trying to do a nice thing and a favor for us. Calgun's, we need to do a better job on things like this.
Old 06-23-2013, 7:47 PM

Quote:
This should have been reconfirmed and posted as such several days ago, even a couple of weeks ago, not the day before the event. When we were told by his office that Sheriff Palmer was not going to be here, we just assumed it was off. Only yesterday did we find out someone was filling in for him. By then, we all had committed to other plans. Just too poorly arranged without enough notice. That's a shame too, because these guys from Oregon were trying to do a nice thing and a favor for us. Calgun's, we need to do a better job on things like this.
This was actually posted a month ago.

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=767215
I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

I've never understood the self-confessors....
Old 06-23-2013, 8:04 PM

Default ThankU

Thanks to Sal and his Sister for a Job well done!!!!! Finished my paperwork with them SO GLAD to get this done in Chino!!!!!! MY 6th CCW Card.....Will be moving to a FREE State as soon as I retire!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 8:19 PM
Banned

XD, it was actually posted "more" than a month ago. That's the point, there was no followup. As a result we had to do our own followup and were told by Sheriff Palmer's office that he would not be there. Only after my post to that effect did we get a post saying there was another guy coming. That was just yesterday!!! That is not enough notice for any event.
Old 06-23-2013, 8:28 PM
Banned

The reason I say that this was not enough notice is that when we got that info from the S.O. in Oregon, everyone I know assumed it had been cancelled, and made other plans. A little follow-up posting would have let us all know that there would be a sub, so the Sheriff's absence would not have meant anything; and it would have let us know that it was still scheduled. It would have been really simple to have kept us informed, not too much to ask.
Old 06-24-2013, 9:10 AM

Quote:
XD, it was actually posted "more" than a month ago. That's the point, there was no followup. As a result we had to do our own followup and were told by Sheriff Palmer's office that he would not be there. Only after my post to that effect did we get a post saying there was another guy coming. That was just yesterday!!! That is not enough notice for any event.
I never saw a thread that said "Sheriff Palmer" would be coming. I never saw this other thread you're speaking off. The thread was started 05/23/13, one month ago and was continuously updated.

Sal's ONLY thread mentioned himself as the Grant County Staffer. He is well known, and an awesome guy for doing this on his own time. This guy did this on his vacation! Should have just PM'd him instead of contacting the office.
I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

I've never understood the self-confessors....
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

No one critized Sal, I also said they were doing us a favor. It's just that the vague posting on Calgun's left a lot of people thinking it was off. That's all I said. I have at least 6 friends who would have gone with me if we had known it was still scheduled.
Old 06-24-2013, 2:49 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
No one critized Sal, I also said they were doing us a favor. It's just that the vague posting on Calgun's left a lot of people thinking it was off. That's all I said. I have at least 6 friends who would have gone with me if we had known it was still scheduled.
We'll try to give more heads up next time but unfortunately, much of that is a product of the situation. I don't know anything about Sherriff Palmer making a trip, but this event was based on if/when Sal could make time for us during his personal vacation. All things considered, I think he did a great job and we had a lot of happy campers!

Get your Carry License!!
Old 06-24-2013, 3:14 PM
Calguns Addict

missed it!
Old 06-24-2013, 6:08 PM

are you firkin kidding me. This is like two miles from my house. this is the second time I have missed them by a day. I travel to OR at least once a year and have been wanting to do this. Wish I had more notice and had seen this. I could have easily done it yesterday.

I wich they would pin ONE Thread for this and update. I bookmarked the last thread that started the oregon CCL updates. and of course it wasn't updated there.

bummer bummer bummer.