Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-20-2013, 2:43 PM

Default Will this affect riverside?

A few years back, I remember hearing the riverside sheriff threaten to issue CCW's at will if he was forced to release inmates due to overcrowding.

The news today is Moonbeam was ordered by the courts to start releasing immediately. I realize this news is for state level inmates.

I'm not sure if the current sheriff is the one who made the threat or not. I don't keep up with riverside.

Might be a good time to start badgering him about it.
Old 06-20-2013, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

10,000 by the end of the year.

Brown, said in a statement that the state would seek an immediate stay of what he termed an “unprecedented order to release almost 10,000 inmates by the end of this year.”

It'll affect us all.
Old 06-20-2013, 9:46 PM

If they really had to release inmates they can start with inmates housed in fire camps which are a level 1 site. They can easily shut down some level 1 prisons and meet that 10,000 count easily. The most violent criminals are in level 3 and 4 prisons. However the California Correctional Peace Officers Association which is the biggest LEO union in the state will try to fight this because that means people's jobs.
Old 06-21-2013, 6:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Don't expect support for 2A Rights to suddenly become important in Riverside County. He's LEO and politician -- he can lie with impunity and the courts approve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn folk View Post
A few years back, I remember hearing the riverside sheriff threaten to issue CCW's at will if he was forced to release inmates due to overcrowding.

The news today is Moonbeam was ordered by the courts to start releasing immediately. I realize this news is for state level inmates.

I'm not sure if the current sheriff is the one who made the threat or not. I don't keep up with riverside.

Might be a good time to start badgering him about it.