Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-17-2013, 2:57 PM

Default Finally! Updated 6/26

******* Update 6/26/2013 *******

Finally (no, really this time)! I got the call today to pick up my LTC. This time when I got to the sheriff's office my LTC was actually ready to pick up. It has taken a long time to get to this point. I first applied back in 2007 and was turned down for lack of good cause. After finding Calguns, I decided to try again. After a really lengthy process every thing finally came together.

Without CGF, I know this wouldn't have happened. Thanks to Brandon and Gray and all of the others who do more for our rights than most of us do for ourselves (myself included).

I got the call today from Gloria at the Stanislaus County Sheriff's office that my LTC was approved. Today is day 96 since I had my appointment. Better late than never, right? I still have to take my class. I didn't do it sooner because I was turned down by the sheriff about five years ago for lack of good cause after paying for all of the fees and taking the class.
I had to pay all of the fees again except $80 of the county fee; I will pay that when I pick up my LTC. My class starts Wednesday, so I will be picking up my LTC soon.
Need 22 ammo for your kids to shoot?

Last edited by Hdawg; 06-26-2013 at 2:47 PM.. Reason: I got it! Thanks CGF!
Old 06-17-2013, 3:57 PM

Congrats! What and how do you plan on carrying?
Old 06-17-2013, 4:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Congrats and be safe out there.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 06-17-2013, 4:24 PM

Curious, I am waiting for my confirmation or denial, which class will you be taking?

I too passed on the class until I get confirmed. I have lots of training, just not the one they require with in 6 months of issue.

NRA Life
USCCA Silver
LTC - Ca & Az
Old 06-17-2013, 4:32 PM

SacTown, while I was in Idaho, I carried my Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Milt Sparks VM2 as well as in a 5.11 Tactical holster shirt, both worked well for me. I was pleasantly surprised with how natural carrying a firearm was after just a few days. I felt naked when I came home. I am also planning on carrying my wife's Kahr CW9 to try and make her a little more interested in shooting it herself.

Kessler, I am going to go with Rich at On Target in Modesto. I took my class from him when I applied before and he seems like a stand up guy without a lot of BS.
Old 06-17-2013, 4:44 PM

Congrats!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:16 AM

First off, I know that there are many in this state that wish their sheriff issued for self defense like ours in Stanislaus does. With that being said, if a business were run the way the sheriff runs the LTC system, they would be out of business.

I was told that my permit was ready and all I needed was proof that I had taken my class to pick up my LTC. After taking in the proof, I was told that I would get a phone call from Gloria when I could pick up my permit. I told the lady behind the window that Gloria had already told me it was ready to pick up, she said oh no, we still have to type it up. We can't type it up until you bring us proof of your class.

If that is policy, that's fine. I can live with that. Just tell me to bring in my proof of class and then I will get a call when it is ready. What I have a huge problem with is being told by Gloria that it was ready and I could come pick it up and then being told I would get a phone call when it is ready. It has been over a hundred days since my appointment and even though it is all approved and I have jumped through all of the BS hoops required, including waiting a year for the appointment itself, and I still have to wait. I am very much not happy.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, and I do realize that I am luckier than most in this state because my sheriff will eventually "allow" me to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights. I am still extremely frustrated with the whole process.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:51 AM

Hang in there and I hope it works out for you.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmpaycheck View Post
Hang in there and I hope it works out for you.
Thank you. I know I will get it eventually. I'm just frustrated because I expected to pick it up this morning.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Congratulations.

It truely is a crime what we have to go through in order to comply with the law when exercising our rights.
"The 'Spray and Pray' system advances triumphantly in law enforcement. In a recent case in a southwestern city...a police officer, when threatened with a handgun, emptied his 15 shot pistol at his would-be assailant, achieving two peripheral hits. The citizen was charged with brandishing a firearm, but the cop was not charged with anything, lousy shooting not being a diciplinary offense."
--- Jeff Cooper, June 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2
Put you link where your opinion is.
Old 06-26-2013, 2:44 PM

Updated first post. The sheriff finally came through.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 PM

Hdawg,
When did you request an appointment the second time? Just curious how long their backlog is taking. I'd heard from some they may be moving people up sooner than their application appointments are currently scheduled for. I sure hope so, as otherwise I've got a bit less year to wait still (18 months out when I requested the soonest date).
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 AM

Jason, I made my appointment in early June 2012. The appointment they gave me was in June of 2013. After a month or so, my appointment was bumped up to March 2013. From the day of the appointment it took 105 days to pick up my permit. I wonder if the authorities would be as understanding in two years if I renew my LTC 15 days late since it is ok for the sheriff to miss the deadline by 15 days.