Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Please help stop Bloomberg!

Find your congressman and senator here

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

And write them to ask them to introduce some kind of bill that would outlaw the type of gangster tactics used by Bloomberg to influence senators and congressman from states other than New York.

Bloomberg uses his billions to bribe senators and people into voting for gun control bills. He infects every state that he can with his billions.

Please write your congressman and senator to spread the word to STOP this type of financial bullying by Bloomberg and others.

Thank You.

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Free Mustache Rides
CGN Contributor

Yeah lets write...Finestein, Boxer, DeLeon, Steinberg, Princess Pelosi, Skinner ...etc. I'm glad to have a progun representative and he has heard from me plenty.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM

Bloomberg is free to waste his money in any manner that he sees fit. Let's ensure that it's wasted by directing our best efforts towards where they'll matter most.

I don't think letters to Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi or Waxman are effective.

I'm sending MYOB cards to Moonbeam but addressed to Bloomberg to make Jerry's job easier. We'll see.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Calguns Addict

All Bloomberg has done is put focus on, and given free media exposure to, the few Democrat politicians for whom I WOULD donate money all while making himself look like an egomaniac tyrant questing for power by way of "buying it".

Without his little attempt at all-legislation domination, some people might not have known that these particular Democrat senators from other states were defenders of the 2nd Amendment and should not be lumped in with the lot of Anti-2nd Amendment powermongerers.

I kind of have to thank Bloomie for that, for making it a big issue. I am sure I'm not the only person thinking this way. Whatever they might see in diminishing contributions from the Bloomcratic Party, they are sure to see 10-fold more than they had before coming in from outside sources DUE to Bloomberg making people aware.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 06-13-2013, 1:11 PM
Veteran Member

Personally, I see the way you spend your money as an expression of your speech.

Bloomberg, asshat that he is, is simply putting his money where his mouth is and backing up his beliefs. (that he knows best, the elite should rule the world, etc.)

Anyone Bloomberg backs... is getting a double edged sword. They get more funds for their campaign, but they also have to deal with being backed and associated with the "CZAR of New York", the guy who bans large sodas.

It's kind of wash really.

"You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
voiceofreason
Old 06-13-2013, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Why would you actually WANT to stop Bloomberg? The more he pushes, the better it looks for the rest of us. How many politicians are going to risk their careers by caving to pressure from Bloomberg?

"The sitting such and such, was bought out by the Soda Nanny from New York City" sounds like a great line for the challenger.
Old 06-13-2013, 4:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
Bloomberg is free to waste his money in any manner that he sees fit. Let's ensure that it's wasted by directing our best efforts towards where they'll matter most.

I don't think letters to Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi or Waxman are effective.

I'm sending MYOB cards to Moonbeam but addressed to Bloomberg to make Jerry's job easier. We'll see.

Maybe spending money on ad's was OK, but lining senators pockets for votes was considered bribery the last time I checked.

Either way, it needs to be stopped. Telling people that sending letters isnt effective is crap, although I do agree that sending letters to that particular group is a waste of time.

My local Rep happens to be a Republican. But I dont think letters would be wasted, the more the merrier. But I do agree to send letters to Moonbeam now as well.

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 06-13-2013, 4:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieP View Post
Why would you actually WANT to stop Bloomberg? The more he pushes, the better it looks for the rest of us. How many politicians are going to risk their careers by caving to pressure from Bloomberg?

"The sitting such and such, was bought out by the Soda Nanny from New York City" sounds like a great line for the challenger.
Yes I agree but as time goes on, this will corrupt or political system more than it already is, to the point of some hunger games type crap(never seen the movie but you get the point). Its not just about stopping Bloomberg, its about saving the sanctity of our political systems and sending a message that they work FOR US and NOT the almighty dollar or billionaires from other states.

The more Bloomberg does this, the more other millionaires and billionaires will catch on and do the same thing. Before super pacs, this type of political bribery was limited. Sooner or later this type of corruption will make our senators and congressman WORSE than they already are.

Im not trying to turn this into some kind of debate about who can do what with their money, its about saving our fragile system and keeping individual billionaires CASH out of the pockets of our elected officials...If you dont agree, then do something else.

Last edited by blazeaglory; 06-13-2013 at 4:54 PM..
Old 06-13-2013, 4:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
All Bloomberg has done is put focus on, and given free media exposure to, the few Democrat politicians for whom I WOULD donate money all while making himself look like an egomaniac tyrant questing for power by way of "buying it".

Without his little attempt at all-legislation domination, some people might not have known that these particular Democrat senators from other states were defenders of the 2nd Amendment and should not be lumped in with the lot of Anti-2nd Amendment powermongerers.

I kind of have to thank Bloomie for that, for making it a big issue. I am sure I'm not the only person thinking this way. Whatever they might see in diminishing contributions from the Bloomcratic Party, they are sure to see 10-fold more than they had before coming in from outside sources DUE to Bloomberg making people aware.

Yes I agree but do we know that for a fact? Or will it go the other way and create a bunch of senators beholden to rich individuals on a huge scale? I know that alot if not all of our politicians work for lobbyists but this is different, this is an INDIVIDUAL basically committing stackola and bribery.

And what if what you say doesnt happen? And Bloomberg and others continue to keep pumping cash and our politicians continue to listen to them? Do you actually trust the American voter to believe it and vote them out? Have you seen the way we have been heading in the past 8 years?

I would like to believe you but I dont think that will happen. MONEY CONTROLS ALL and people like Blomberg are dangerous.

EDIT: On a side note, this is one politician that said NO to Bloombergs dollars!!! I have faith once again!!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=777972

Last edited by blazeaglory; 06-13-2013 at 4:56 PM..
Old 06-13-2013, 6:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
Yes I agree but do we know that for a fact?
Inevitable; it's politics. He actually gave better awareness to those who would be a minority, that would be supported by a majority of those who would normally be opposition BECAUSE they are the few "on the inside" worth supporting. So Bloomberg has created a 10-to-1 scenario. Would they have gotten overwhelming support previously from the Democrat party - no, just lukewarm. Will they still get luke-warm support? Yes. But now, they will be getting a whole hot-off-the-fire support from the other side of the aisle. It's exactly how the "business" of politics works.

But don't misconstrue my thoughts on the matter as to what Bloomberg has done as diminishing, discounting, or belittling of your plan of action.

By all means, keep on, keep on!!

Any form of counter to Bloomberg is great... short of sending him letters packed with Ricin; not effective, not appropriate, the letters will never reach him anyway, and 10 Years in prison isn't cool either; the two latter points being the only reason I wouldn't do it.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

Last edited by The Gleam; 06-13-2013 at 6:10 PM..