Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 06-10-2013, 6:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Arrow which one of these sucks the least?

Bushnell Banner 6-24x 40mm - Mil Dot
http://www.bushnell.com/all-products...il-dot-reticle

Simmons Predator Quest Rifle Scope
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/858...-truplex-matte

Simmons 44 Mag Rifle Scope 6-21x 44mm Side Focus Target Turrets Truplex Reticle Matte
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/944...-reticle-matte

The links are posted in descending order of preference, the Banner i already have two of this one would just be a higher power. I have one that was made in the 70 or 80's that my dad gave me a long time ago (3x9) that still works just great. I also have one a 4x12 that's on my AR that i just love so getting a 6x24 just seamed like sound logic. I wanted to branch out and see if there are any other value priced high zoom scopes out there, my budget is around $300 max, so if you know of a better scope with at least a 18x zoom in that price range post it up. As for the Simmons i know jack crap about them, i just know they are a step up from BSA and UTG.

Main focus will be pushing paper.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 06-10-2013, 9:25 PM

bushnell. better glass .
Old 06-12-2013, 4:20 PM

Bushnell
Old 06-12-2013, 6:12 PM
Veteran Member

I can't give an opinion on the others but I have a Banner 3-9 and found it to be a great value. I think Bushnell is a good value in optics.

My AR high sided on a 30 round mag when I was shooting off a bench with a bi-pod. It rolled off the bench onto the ground probably a 4' fall. I picked it up saw a big dent in the front case . Looked ok besides the ding so fired it and it hadn't lost zero. I was truelly impressed.

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 06-15-2013, 6:49 AM

How about this Mueller?

I have one and its a good scope at the price point. Gets good reviews over at Rimfirecentral. Lifetime transferable warranty also. Only thing, it is a 30mm tube so you might need new rings. Oh, and is BIG! I bought mine at Midway with a $20 off $200 code.

Robert

Last edited by tanakasan; 06-15-2013 at 7:05 AM..
Old 06-15-2013, 9:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I like the Nikon Buckmasters for a cheap variable scope if that is your thing.
Old 06-15-2013, 3:23 PM
Banned

All three of your choices are bottom shelf scopes you can pick up used for $20
Old 06-15-2013, 6:11 PM
Veteran Member

Bushnell. Nikon buckmasters are nice for the same $.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:02 PM

I own alot of different brands of scopes.Recently I purchased a second Simmons Predator Quest 4.5-18.I use both on a couple of varmint rifles.So far they have not failed or been a problem to focus.The turrets are not very exact or repeatable,but that is the same for most scopes under $1,000.I have had focus problems with the Banner and 44 Mag.
If someone knows where I can get a predator scope for $20 feel free to PM me.I have that kind of money.Really.
I did a 27 scope test over 3 days this last winter.Testing all of them at 9 power on overcast conditions,pre dawn,post sunset and bright sunlight.The Simmons Predator came in alot higher than you would think in the line up.It won hands down in the $200 range of scopes.
It was kind of a surprise which manufacturers did not fare well.I personally paid for each scope over the years and just had to really answer some questions for myself.
If you purchase a scope that you may want to return.Do Not Mount It.Return it if you are unhappy to the reputable sales place you buy it from.I have found that out the hard way on a couple of $1200 plus scopes.Once mounted/no return.Even one of my Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25s failed.
Looks like you are in the budget of around $200.Keep in mind the Simmons Predator is a 30mm tube and rings have to be purchased as well.PM me if you need more info.
Good luck
Old 06-17-2013, 2:19 AM
Veteran Member

Any decision morfeeis?

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 06-19-2013, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Any decision morfeeis?
i'm now down to the Banner or the Predator, so it's improving...

lol @ Hoop, at that price i'd just keep buying them after the broke, got a link?
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 06-19-2013, 5:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Stupid Bushnell Trophy XLT making me want it too.

I'm going to go with the Predator and if i dont like it i'll just put it on my 22wmr and get the banner later. SWFA super sniper fixed power scope was so tempting.