Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-28-2013, 5:52 AM

They probably will someday.

Bottom line is whether you have a card, 8-1/2x11 rice paper, a scroll, or a stone tablet, stick it in your wallet and carry your gun.

Since the PC we are quoting here does not describe the format of the permit, how can we come to the conclusion of who is right or wrong? The only verbiage I see mandates the information printed on it.
Old 06-28-2013, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn folk View Post
Maybe the rice paper LTC are the ones out of uniform.
Seems several counties issue cards.
Until the last few years, All 58 counties and all PDs, which issued, used the rice paper. Its changed quite a few times over the years...

Regardless, I'm with you in that if your agency gives you something else....don't sweat it...
Old 06-28-2013, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertexplore View Post
I wish Sac County would just make it a credit card with photo and be done with it.
sutter county has both rice paper and a card....$15 extra charge for the card. saw it today at a LGS
Old 07-02-2013, 7:31 PM

San Diego issues a two sided large form. They laminate it before its handed to you. I ended up getting a larger wallet and put it in the money slot.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 PM

Mines sac county. I made 3 copies , saved on digital scan also. All 3 copies and original are now lamented.

Carry original folded in half , I Carry in money clip with 400 $ or so 2 credit cards two business cards and my dl. Compact package
Spare copies are carried in car.

Look forward to a credit card size and strength card.
Old 07-03-2013, 3:27 PM

All of this is a non-issue. I renewed recently (Sac County); new license has a heavier, higher quality laminating film than my 2011 license had. Fits perfectly in the slot behind the credit card area. It performs its function just fine. No need for a credit card-style license. I'm calling this the Seinfeld thread (a thread about nothing).
Old 07-12-2013, 7:57 AM

Location: Where everyone wants to live, the USA. I am in Cali.

I bought a Saddleback Leather wallet. Large size. Folded my CCW and had it laminated.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Cla...=8&category=87
Old 07-12-2013, 2:54 PM

I was told by my SO to fold it in half and laminate it....So that's what I did.
Scott
Old 07-12-2013, 3:36 PM

Default For those who are reducing the size of your permit to fit in your wallet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock_9mm View Post
I was told by my SO to fold it in half and laminate it....So that's what I did.
Scott
Yep, Sac County does that for us. It's just that some guys aren't satisfied simply with getting an LTC; they want a cool-lookin' credit card style license, and I guess it's less trouble for them to complain endlessly here than to just buy a new wallet for 10-15 bucks.
Old 07-12-2013, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Yep, Sac County does that for us. It's just that some guys aren't satisfied simply with getting an LTC; they want a cool-lookin' credit card style license, and I guess it's less trouble for them to complain endlessly here than to just buy a new wallet for 10-15 bucks.
Could just be that people want something sturdy to show for their money and time. I have a state issued medical license that costs me $300 every two years. It is a credit card plastic. I'd be PO'd if they sent me a piece of paper.
Bersa Thunder, Browning Buckmark Camper, Charles Daly 1911, Charter Arms Buldog Pug, Chinese SKS, Colt Double Eagle MK II Series 90 10mm, Egyptian Hakim 8mm, Heckler & Koch P2000SK, Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, Mossberg 500A Cruiser, Mossberg New Haven 600AT, Romanian M69 Trainer, Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Mag, Savage Arms Model 73, Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm, Smith & Wesson Sigma .40, Springfield Armory XD-40, Walther P1, Wyoming Arms Parker 10mm, Yugoslavian K98
Old 07-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Default SLO County CCW

FYI for SLO county, at my renewal appt last week I mentioned to the lady that I sure wished that they would make the CCW so it would fit in a wallet. She said cut it down to the size of your DL and laminate it.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdben92883 View Post
Ummm...that's exactly what RivCo issues. Same a SanBernCo. I kind of doubt that both counties are issuing cards that don't comply with some sort of State directive.

I guess reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it?

I already gave you the applicable Penal Code section for LTC's. If you want to do what Riverside or San Bernardino tell you, go for it. If you don't care what the actual law says, I could care less.

Hopefully the Riverside or San Bernardino County Attorney will represent you in court, if it ever becomes an issue...

Semper Fi!

Old 07-24-2013, 6:36 AM

I just picked up my LTC yesterday so I will chime in. In my wallet I have a Sams club membership that is credit card size with picture, a Folsom shooting club membership card with picture and even a Malibu grand prix racing licence with my picture on it that is also credit card size and laminated from back in the 90's. So why can't Sac Co Sheriff provide us with one. Still looking for a decent wallet.
Old 07-24-2013, 8:26 AM

Thumbs up

This stuff is hilarious. Here's what I got for my money: I got a laminated license (decent quality, stiff plastic this time around, far better than the cheap cr@p they were using in 2011) that fits perfectly in a wallet I bought for less than 20 bucks (I needed a new one anyway). That laminated piece of paper signifies the fact that I am licensed to carry a concealed pistol, revolver, or other firearm within the state of California. That's plenty good enough for me. All this wishing for fancy credit card style licenses, complete with a photo, and what, maybe a hologram image of each of the guns the licensee has qualified with? And the licensee's CalGuns sig line? A punch-out section that becomes one of those spring-loaded tools to shatter automotive glass in case the guy accidentally drives off the levee into the river because he's distracted, admiring how the holograms reflect the golden evening sun?

An entire thread complaining about this. Thank you for the entertainment. Carry on.
Old 07-24-2013, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
This stuff is hilarious. Here's what I got for my money: I got a laminated license (decent quality, stiff plastic this time around, far better than the cheap cr@p they were using in 2011) that fits perfectly in a wallet I bought for less than 20 bucks (I needed a new one anyway). That laminated piece of paper signifies the fact that I am licensed to carry a concealed pistol, revolver, or other firearm within the state of California. That's plenty good enough for me. All this wishing for fancy credit card style licenses, complete with a photo, and what, maybe a hologram image of each of the guns the licensee has qualified with? And the licensee's CalGuns sig line? A punch-out section that becomes one of those spring-loaded tools to shatter automotive glass in case the guy accidentally drives off the levee into the river because he's distracted, admiring how the holograms reflect the golden evening sun?

An entire thread complaining about this. Thank you for the entertainment. Carry on.
I think for $80 it's pretty piss poor, oh but wait we live in Kalifornia. As far as the other items your wishing to have added to your LTC. I'll pass, no levee's around where I drive and no one cares about my Calgun sig line.

PSA if you do drive in to the river just stay calm, wait for the water to enter the vehicle, take your last breath as the water fills the compartment completely, then just open the car door and swim out.
Old 07-24-2013, 8:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipity View Post
PSA if you do drive in to the river just stay calm, wait for the water to enter the vehicle, take your last breath as the water fills the compartment completely, then just open the car door and swim out.
Why soitenly. But if you don't wanna wait that long...actually, though, you're right. No need for a punch tool. Shoot the window. But don't hit any winter run Chinook in the Sacramento or there's a big fine.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 AM
CGN Contributor

I kinda like my wallet and really don't want to change. Guess I'll make it fit somehow, that is once DOJ quits ****ing around with my livescan and gets 'er done.

Quote:
An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free. A. E. van Vogt. (The Weapon Shops of Isher)
Quote:
...all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by... John Masefield
Know our enemy - Liberal Progressives are fascists and traitors to America and deserve lifetime exile at the least. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Fascism
Old 07-24-2013, 1:02 PM

I haven't read anything in the PC that requires you to actually have the permit on your person. I'm pretty sure I've read a post from Gene that stated the same thing. As Librarian said, I don't think it would be wise to carry without it because in the best case scenario, your issuing agency's dispatch center might get a call to "confirm" a CCW which would firmly plant you on your agency's radar screen.

On the concealed means concealed side of the coin, I routinely carry a P226 wearing shorts and a t-shirt and have been for years. Never been an issue and never had to show my permit to any Officers. Keep it hidden and the rest is just housekeeping.

Ceasar Chavez was against illegal immigration....