Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-05-2013, 5:45 AM

Default Riverside County CCW

Hey Guys,

I wanted your input on a good cause. I own a cleaning company and am out at night behind commercial buildings. I could be a target of crime by someone looking for someone alone at night. I don't know if it helps but I'm also a friend on the Sheriff's facebook page. There are also two other good causes I could use. Do you think this would be enough? I also served as a witness of a gang murder trial. The guy got convicted for killing a marine.
Old 06-05-2013, 5:50 AM
Banned

Start here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 06-05-2013, 7:14 AM

I would suspect the basics you've listed with respect to your GC would pass muster. Keep in mind that in Riverside County, the totality of the application comes in to play. What I mean by that is, yes first and foremost they will look at your GC. But they also take into account your firearms experience and character.

Assuming you are an otherwise upstanding, law abiding citizen without felony convictions, etc I think you are off to a good start.

Knowing Sheriff Sniff, via FB or anywhere else will not help. He is a very ethical individual, and does not play favorites based on considerations outside of the policy he has set.

That's a good thing, and like I said, I suspect you will be good to go.

You will also find the Deputies who work at the CCW Unit to be very courteous, professional and helpful. They will not put you on the defensive, or rake you over the coals asking why you are applying for a permit.
Old 06-05-2013, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

I honestly think you are GtG... my friend owns his own alarm company and he has his. The guys at the CCW unit are great. You can always call and talk to Aguire or Yezzo and they will pretty much tell your GC is "likely to be approved".
Old 06-05-2013, 4:10 PM

I'm also interested in obtaining my CCW license, and also in Riverside County (Palm Desert).

All of this goes through the local Sheriff's office I assume?
Old 06-05-2013, 5:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreasepit View Post
I'm also interested in obtaining my CCW license, and also in Riverside County (Palm Desert).

All of this goes through the local Sheriff's office I assume?
All questions are answered by the sticky, only 10 pages.
Old 06-08-2013, 5:22 AM

Thanks for you input. I guess I'm building up the courage to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbog44 View Post
I would suspect the basics you've listed with respect to your GC would pass muster. Keep in mind that in Riverside County, the totality of the application comes in to play. What I mean by that is, yes first and foremost they will look at your GC. But they also take into account your firearms experience and character.

Assuming you are an otherwise upstanding, law abiding citizen without felony convictions, etc I think you are off to a good start.

Knowing Sheriff Sniff, via FB or anywhere else will not help. He is a very ethical individual, and does not play favorites based on considerations outside of the policy he has set.

That's a good thing, and like I said, I suspect you will be good to go.

You will also find the Deputies who work at the CCW Unit to be very courteous, professional and helpful. They will not put you on the defensive, or rake you over the coals asking why you are applying for a permit.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richietny View Post
Hey Guys,

I wanted your input on a good cause. I own a cleaning company and am out at night behind commercial buildings. I could be a target of crime by someone looking for someone alone at night. I don't know if it helps but I'm also a friend on the Sheriff's facebook page. There are also two other good causes I could use. Do you think this would be enough? I also served as a witness of a gang murder trial. The guy got convicted for killing a marine.
Have you been a victim of a crime while working in your current position? Does your current job require you to carry large amounts of money that would make you a target for a robbery? Have you received any threats from individuals related to the person you testified against? If your answer is no to any these question then I would say that you have a very small if any chance of obtaining a CCW.

A lot of people work in bad areas and some even have testified against gang bangers but that does no mean they will qualify for a CCW unless they have been actual victims of a crime.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Use all of the reasons. No need to limit yourself to just one.
Old 06-14-2013, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richietny View Post
Thanks for you input. I guess I'm building up the courage to go for it.
While I understand that whole "building up your courage" thing, I strongly urge you to fight the feeling. There really is nothing to fear or even be nervous about.

The two Deputies that handle the day to day for the CCW Unit are two of the nicest, most courteous and professional people you will ever meet. There is no point in the process where they put you on the defensive, or "grill" you about why you are applying.

In fact odds are you will walk away from your interview almost feeling like they're on your side, and for the most part I believe that they are.
Old 06-14-2013, 8:41 AM

Is my assumption wrong if I said that obtaining a CCW is nearly impossible due to insufficient cause for one? Apparently that is all that I read when this topic is mentioned since "personal protection" just isn't a good enough reason.

I just picked up a CZ two weeks ago (which I would carry) and asked several staff members about obtaining a license, who only gave me a "good luck" and that it was "nearly impossible", especially in my city.

Last edited by thegreasepit; 06-15-2013 at 7:13 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 PM

i got mine in riv county delt with dep yezzo he will answer most questions,(very good guys). my buddy just got his with almost the same good cause bug man does restrants at night in alles they said it was good to go.
Old 06-15-2013, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Is my assumption wrong if I said that obtaining a CCW is nearly impossible due to insufficient cause for one? Apparently that is all that I read when this topic is mentioned since "personal protection" just isn't a good enough reason.

I just picked up a CZ two weeks ago (which I would carry) and asked several staff members about obtaining a license, who only gave me a "gook luck" and that it was "nearly impossible", especially in my city.

Are you in Riverside County? Sorry I guess I am geographically confused about "the Low Desert." If you are, I am puzzled by why the staff where you picked up your CZ told you what they told you. I wasn't there, but it sounds to me they are uniformed.
Old 06-15-2013, 7:27 AM

High desert is usually considered Yucca/Morongo/Joshua Tree, so the Palm Springs/Coachella area is usually considered the low desert.

I live in Indio, which I told the staff at the gun shop (in Palm Desert), who mentioned it was nearly impossible in my city to get a c.c. license. Specifics were not mentioned why, but that the officers never issue them in that city.

EDIT:
Maybe I'm too pessimistic to think that I will be able to obtain a license with just my interest in personal protection.

Last edited by thegreasepit; 06-15-2013 at 7:31 AM..
Old 06-15-2013, 4:35 PM

Quote:
High desert is usually considered Yucca/Morongo/Joshua Tree, so the Palm Springs/Coachella area is usually considered the low desert.

I live in Indio, which I told the staff at the gun shop (in Palm Desert), who mentioned it was nearly impossible in my city to get a c.c. license. Specifics were not mentioned why, but that the officers never issue them in that city.

EDIT:
Maybe I'm too pessimistic to think that I will be able to obtain a license with just my interest in personal protection.
IPD does not issue CCW's to anyone....you have to go straight to RSO and apply with them however "Personal Protection" is not a good cause. You need more than that.
Old 06-23-2013, 1:13 AM

You need to stay on the "business" aspect of your good cause. Talk about any sums of $$ that you collect of carry durring your business dealings. As the above post said, Deputy Yezzo or Aguirre, either one..Great guys. They will look your good cause over and let you know if it will fly or not. They will even give you advice on how to modify your good cause letter. They want law abiding citizens to carry. but, they also have superiors to answer to. You won't know unless you try.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Handling cash is handy. You'll need to provide 2 months of bank statements for your biz account to verify the deposits. So make sure you actually have the deposits!!
Old 08-11-2013, 5:30 PM

Just apply: the worst thing that can happen is they say no.
Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-15-2013, 6:39 AM

Hey guys, been on CalGuns for awhile now, but this would be my first post. I have a question regarding Riverside CCW's. I currently own a home in Anaheim, but my wife and I are currently considering buying a home in Corona or Riverside. After reading many of the postings on here, I wonder if I actually have a decent shot at obtaining my CCW in Riverside. Since the Sheriffs change in the OC, there is almost no way to get a CCW here, with that dumb female currently in charge. I am a field supervisor with a security company, I have my exposed firearms permit, and I am an NRA certified basic pistol instructor and RSO. Anything else I should throw out there in regards to good cause? Any input or info would be great.
Old 12-13-2013, 4:55 PM

Picked up my Riverside County permit today. Only took 56 days to process.